PDA

View Full Version : Finishing on Sync

Euchred
02-20-2012, 06:06 AM
How highly do you value finishing upgrades on sync with your other building?

I've often skipped hours of potential upgrade time so an upgrade will finish on sync. For example today one of my rock cafe upgrades end an I'm going to wait about 4 hours to start my next upgrade so when it's done it's synched up. Good strategy or bad one?(there are certain buildings that I don't care as much about and will upgrade at any time)

KoolB
02-20-2012, 06:10 AM
Give the guys robbing you a fair chance... !!

Euchred
02-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Give the guys robbing you a fair chance... !!

Sometimes I take a second to wonder if people stalk my hood and then feel a little bad. I haven't missed a one day collection for about 3 and half months.

Fricco
02-20-2012, 06:14 AM
I follow the same philosophy for me it depends on what time they are sync to
(24hr collect 18hr upgrade probably will let it sit those 6 and if it gets robbed not big loss)
i try to fill those empty slots upgrading Muay Thai and Gattling turrets.

Euchred
02-20-2012, 06:18 AM
That's a good idea Fricco I haven't moved on to defense buildings yet so I didn't see it. I hope to start expanding and building defense buildings soon.

I also have some 24h and 30 min upgrades coming up and I figured out it's more worth it to start the upgrade 34 min before it's collectible and finish on sync as opposed to collecting then upgrading and letting it get robbed and then putting it back on sync.

thspiral
02-20-2012, 06:21 AM
I only upgrade so that the build time finishes on my collection time. I know it's just a game and it shouldn't matter, but I really hate being robbed. Before I switched to 24/48 buildings, I was literally losing sleep =P

/sleeping like a baby

KoolB
02-20-2012, 06:24 AM
don't spend too much time on defense buildings... the only one worth the time is the gatling gun...
check out the thread on defense buildings if you haven't already... its in the best of best guides...

and yes... I don't know which level you are on but I wonder what happens when you finally come across babytway...
what happens when an immovable object meets an irresistible force....

Euchred
02-20-2012, 06:27 AM
I have a secret and set alarms i don't leave anything out that I don't expect to lose. I think that I read missle turrets give you the highest real defense per square block I was thinking about building some of those and gattling turrets.

I'm level 147 btw

thspiral
02-20-2012, 06:29 AM
LOL when I had all of my buildings out of sync, I was dreading meeting up with BTW! I think that what made me so cautious is that early on, I had a stalker... sort of. He would rob my hood overnight, then post rude stuff on my wall about it. He was something like 30 levels higher than me, so I couldn't really do anything about it. So I developed something of a bunker mentality.. I can't even remember they guys name now.. wish I could.

Fricco
02-20-2012, 06:32 AM
don't spend too much time on defense buildings... the only one worth the time is the gatling gun...
check out the thread on defense buildings if you haven't already... its in the best of best guides...

and yes... I don't know which level you are on but I wonder what happens when you finally come across babytway...
what happens when an immovable object meets an irresistible force....

Ive let a friend attack me and to my delight my overall def was less then 2g then what i see in profile,
with a 33k def profile i will gladly take an actual 31k def.
Im lvl 142, babytway has robbed me once night of the Super bowl drunk off my ass and a happy Giants fan
so i didnt mind (even told her it was a good take 2x pirate tavern)

thspiral
02-20-2012, 06:32 AM
I made the mistake of buying a good many DEF buildings, and then spending a ton of money upgrading them My def shows 36000 but when I'm attacked its more like 30000. My econ really suffered needlessly.

/in the poor house

Lars
02-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Euchred, I follow the same approach: I always sync my upgrade and construction times for 12h/24h/48h-buildings (which yield over 80% of my income). Sometimes use upgrades of low level 1h/3h/6h/8h/buildings to fill the gaps.

2Legit
02-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Don't judge my question..:..but what you mean by syncing building?



Lars
02-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Don't judge my question..:..but what you mean by syncing building?

No worries, the forum tend to develop its own vocabulary. :) Its having all your collections ready at the same time of the day. If you perfectly synch all your 12h/24h/48h-buildings you need only to visit them for collection twice a day, minimizing the risk of missing a collection and leaving it open for robberies. To my experience it also keeps down my stress level.

You can also get collection times of buildings in line by delaying the collection of unsynched until the desired time. If you do this with buildings already robbed you don't risk additional losses by robberies.

Swifty
02-20-2012, 08:22 AM
On the opposite end of that spectrum, I provide buildings to be robbed as a public service.

i need muney
02-20-2012, 09:35 AM
On the opposite end of that spectrum, I provide buildings to be robbed as a public service.
Better then random check-ins and daily milking, right? With sync you can rob everyone, even golden boys. They cant do bleep and fill your wall with smack =))))

AppleMacGuy
02-20-2012, 09:56 AM

I've often skipped hours of potential upgrade time so an upgrade will finish on sync. For example today one of my rock cafe upgrades end an I'm going to wait about 4 hours to start my next upgrade so when it's done it's synched up. Good strategy or bad one?(there are certain buildings that I don't care as much about and will upgrade at any time)

I plan all my upgrades with this strategy in mind :) Sometimes it is not possible when you realise that you'd have to start one at some crazy time like 3 or 4am...in that case I just stick the building out of the way (so that I can't collect unintentionally), let it get robbed once and then job done as it will be synched!

Ghost818
02-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Sometimes I take a second to wonder if people stalk my hood and then feel a little bad. I haven't missed a one day collection for about 3 and half months.
You sure you havnt missed the 1 day collections? I remember 2 days ago I had a good collection either it was you or elm, but i was attacked at the same exact moment by the guy and lost 30 K of the 500K i took.

Max Power
02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I normally don't worry about it too much, but value of building and collection times are a factor. I think I will do it when I build Office Buildings since 48 hour buildings take forever to synch.

erik
02-20-2012, 10:42 AM
When it comes to building, it is easy to chart out, and I do that. With upgrades for me, the most important thing is that they are always going and never finish when I can not get to them. I try to mix and match to have them finish in a favorable place, but I wont wait any significant amount of time. Time is to valuable imo.

Euchred
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
You sure you havnt missed the 1 day collections? I remember 2 days ago I had a good collection either it was you or elm, but i was attacked at the same exact moment by the guy and lost 30 K of the 500K i took.

Wasn't me I'm on the ball and I don't think I could attack you and win anyway.

i need muney
02-20-2012, 12:45 PM

Completely forgot. It's better to upgrade when you can, get robbed once and collect on sync. By the time you sync you already have some cash on hand. In your scenario you start with a fresh timer :)

thspiral
02-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Deleted because spam post is now gone =)

Vile Lynn
02-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Synced hoods are the best to rob... very predictable. Missing one collection time can make somebody's day.
I like my hood to be synced, but getting robbed doesn't bother me a bit.

(otoh, Getting robbed by a weakling who spams the news feed with win, loss, win, loss, 20x... gets "paid" back.)
:)

blondealex
02-22-2012, 05:49 AM
(otoh, Getting robbed by a weakling who spams the news feed with win, loss, win, loss, 20x... gets "paid" back.)
I agree this burns me up, I don't care about the 10K they took, it's the fact they filled up my entire news. Happened to me last night by someone who's attack is barely above half of my defense, which chaps me too.

thspiral
02-22-2012, 06:16 AM
Yeah the news feed spammers are very annoying. I was talking about this in an earlier thread about explosives.

Fricco
02-22-2012, 06:49 AM

i like the thought of that but they are always to beat to fight . :mad: