PDA

View Full Version : Question about explosives

thspiral
02-20-2012, 05:55 AM
OK I know that we have a pretty educated bunch here, for the most part. And there has been a good bit of talk about statistics and the fact that small samples can lead to large misunderstandings. But I wanted to ask you guys what you personally do. I recently stocked up on explosives, for the first time in 136 levels. I pretty much know by now what the ebb and flow of attacks are on most days, and pick up on abnormalities pretty quickly. Something that I have noticed, since I bought the explosives, is that when someone loses a fight with me they will attack again and again, losing and winning. This will go on in some cases where the person has 6 or 7 entries in my Empire Times. Of course each time I lose, it costs me 2-4 explosives. I've had 3 people do this odd behavior now.

My question is: When you see someone with 2500 equipment, do you attack them as much as possible, just to expend their explosives? I am talking about people that you don't dislike. (I don't rob, only PvP so I get very little hate mail).

Anyway, I know it's just the cost of doing business, more passing curiosity than anything.

/bored drinking great coffee at home

Euchred
02-20-2012, 06:01 AM
I try not to exhibit this behaviour. After I've picked a target I usually attack them 10 times and rarely lose. I honestly don't even look at explosive consumption and I've been using 2500 equipment for months.

/wishes I had coffee

KoolB
02-20-2012, 06:14 AM
I don't remember the exact thread... but there was a discussion where the conclusion seemed to be that the only explosives that made sense were the attacking ones... since you could choose your target...
The defensive ones tend to evaporate really fast... and you will always have ppl stronger than you...

PS: boo hoo... my explosives finally got upgraded... should have stocked up on the anthrax...

2Legit
02-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Explosive is my target, esp when I have more chances of winning off them. 50/50 chances theyd ***** about it...so i tend to do it again and again and again 'til they go insane and starts talking trash.

Btw talking trash doesnt make me stop attacking and robbing, it makes me want to attack more til u disappear off the list, which is a pain in the gluteus to look for u

Swifty
02-20-2012, 07:29 AM
@2Legit

Maybe someday I can talk trash to you.

Looking forward to it.

2Legit
02-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Lol, cant wait...hope ur not one of those With one liner "punk" <<<i know that aint trash talking but I make them more mad so they starts saying more words, like "you" punk >.<

Ohhh waiiit...And then they start teaching me how to type properly. Yeahh i get insane "trash talk"

Swifty
02-20-2012, 07:48 AM
I better start practicing so that I am ready when the time finally arrives.

Swifty
02-20-2012, 08:28 AM
You robbed me, you filthy coprophage!!!!

No, not creative enough.

Tramp Stamp
02-20-2012, 08:31 AM
I just draw an ejaculating ASCII penis. Gets the point across.

thspiral
02-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Explosive is my target, esp when I have more chances of winning off them. 50/50 chances theyd ***** about it...so i tend to do it again and again and again 'til they go insane and starts talking trash.

Btw talking trash doesnt make me stop attacking and robbing, it makes me want to attack more til u disappear off the list, which is a pain in the gluteus to look for u

I think that most people, including myself, buy enough explosives so that you wouldn't be able to get them below the 2500 mark. I keep 100 extra as a pad. All that it does is cost the other person money, and hurts your own statistics, if you care about the statistics at all. But W/E I guess that everyone has to develope their own strat.

2Legit
02-20-2012, 12:48 PM
You'd lose them either way, anyways.. getting attack/rob and vice versa.

Good thing the explosives aren't only for gold users and cuz that would really hurt wasting hard working monies just to protect yourself and your hood.

I lose lots of explosives too targeting others with explosives, but idrc..it does gets u mad and all, but at the same time thats part of the game and we all just gotta deal with it.