PDA

View Full Version : The lagging/choppiness

Sdot
02-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Is this just something you all put up with? I'm trying to see if maybe this is on my end. 2 min after launching app all movement is so choppy. looks like I'm Farming in slow motion. I'm on iPhone 4. I killed all other apps so nothing else is running. And I have over half of free memory left so my phone is not full. Any suggestions? Also playing on home wifi so speed is good

Tramp Stamp
02-19-2012, 05:35 PM
It's not you. I have a 4S and performance is inconsistent.

Ghost818
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Tramp is right, its not you it happens to me too one moment its good, the next is all choppy and laggy; I too wonder what its from.

downrange
02-19-2012, 08:06 PM
ditto that. It's better on the iPad 2 vs the iPhone 4, but is annoying whenever/where-ever it occurs.

I am thinking of buying a couple thousand bottles of this, in case it helps.
http://j-walk.com/other/wifispray/

(banging you upside the head with a clue-stick just in case, this is a joke)

AppleMacGuy
02-20-2012, 01:10 AM
It's a long standing bug - months old in fact and we're all still waiting for it to be fixed :mad: The only resolution is to quit and re-launch CC. I'm doing it 10-20 times day and I suspect many others are too. To say this state of affairs sucks is a gross understatement :mad::mad:

schlumpf
02-20-2012, 01:26 AM
What I noticed on every update of Crime City and Modern War, it that both start to get extremely slow after accepting a mafia request, until you close the program.

willydpooh
02-20-2012, 02:28 AM
im watching gunfight on slow motion, wewwwwwwww!!!

Amber_
02-20-2012, 03:38 AM
Yeah, this is soo annoying. I've noticed that it depends a lot on the time of the day. In the morning and during the night here in Sweden, it works great. Almost no lagging or slow motion. In the afternoon and especially the evening on the other hand, it's terrible. It's been extreme since the last update, I can't even play during that time. Almost every player on my rivals list is "too beat up" when I try to visit them, and when I'm finally able to visit a player it's so laggy that it's not even worth robbing them (takes too much time).

I think it's really strange that the top grossing game on app store isn't able to fix this.

Max Power
02-20-2012, 04:28 AM
Yeah, this is soo annoying. I've noticed that it depends a lot on the time of the day. In the morning and during the night here in Sweden, it works great. Almost no lagging or slow motion. In the afternoon and especially the evening on the other hand, it's terrible. It's been extreme since the last update, I can't even play during that time. Almost every player on my rivals list is "too beat up" when I try to visit them, and when I'm finally able to visit a player it's so laggy that it's not even worth robbing them (takes too much time).

I think it's really strange that the top grossing game on app store isn't able to fix this.

That would suggest to me that it is a "volume of players playing" issue. Maybe their servers cant handle the volume.

AppleMacGuy
02-20-2012, 04:29 AM

As soon as you see the lag bug you should restart the game - that is the only solution currently, since the in-game lag never resolves itself in my experience.

Amber_
02-20-2012, 04:40 AM
That would suggest to me that it is a "volume of players playing" issue. Maybe their servers cant handle the volume.

Yeah exactly.

As soon as you see the lag bug you should restart the game - that is the only solution currently, since the in-game lag never resolves itself in my experience.

Yes it works sometimes, but for the most part it doesn't.

Swifty
02-20-2012, 05:42 AM
Restarting the game usually does not fix it for me.

Nudie
02-20-2012, 05:55 AM
Not had any problems on iPad

AppleMacGuy
02-20-2012, 06:11 AM

I'm not so sure - if that was the reason surely Funzio would just add some more game servers? They will be running load balanced servers and it is not so hard to add more servers as the load increases.

I think the issues are entirely client-side, i.e. in the app. The game only needs to connect to the server to get the data. After that the only comms. will be to send to the server your attack request and get the returned attack result.

The way a player moves in the hood isn't determined by the server, it's just an random motion effect created in the app itself. There is some app memory management or coding problem at work here.

Yeah exactly. Yes it works sometimes, but for the most part it doesn't.

This I can't expain! For me, 100% of the time any slowdown is rectified by killing and re-launching CC. Sometimes the slowdown occurs again almost immediately but that is only 10-20% of the time. Normally it will be some tens of minutes up to an hour or two before I have to re-launch CC.

2Legit
02-20-2012, 08:04 AM
They are "testing" on crashes. I dont know for how long it will take them to figure it out, but with the data given to them, the devs should "figure" them out sometime soon.

Such a painful time, you just wanna throw your device at somebody...

mongorie
02-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Slowdowns only occur when you (1) get a mafia request or (2)you visit your own mafia member.
After that you need to : (1) accept/decline all requests then restart app (2) restart app

I find that news feeds do not slow the game thank god, but leaving requests will, which is a bummer if your're not maxed.

Nudie
02-21-2012, 12:42 AM
The problem I am seeing with the iPad version is trouble connecting with the server. Sometime I can connect on the first try, sometime only on the tenth try, spmetime I give up if it take too many tries/time to connect. Seeing on both the HD & non HD version.