PDA

View Full Version : Getting Raided

Oying
02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Hey guys, im just really disappointed with saving up cash and just get raided and lose all my money. The problem is, im trying to save up for a chemical plant. When im so close, lets say i have 4 million saved up, when i get really close to saving the cash for the plant I get raided and the raider will take 1-2 million. Everytime i save, when i get close to my goal it happens again, but when I raid, i can barely break 20k. Can anyone tell me how a person is able to take that much cash from just raiding. Thanks. Oh btw, it only happens when im so close to saving up for the building in this situation the Chemical plant. My attack is at 2500+ and def at 3000+ at level 31 and the raider has 3000+ both atk and def.

Deskjockey
02-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Dude, increase the size of your vault and collect your buildings as soon as they cough up cash. Otherwise you're just asking for it. The reason they can take so much in one attack is that you have not vaulted your cash. The amount you win per attack is directly dependent on the unvaulted cash. In general, the max is 10 percent of the unvaulted cash per attack. If you do nine attack in quick succession, the game will report it as one, and it will look to you like the attacker took one giant chunk. In your case, if you had four million unvaulted, the first attack will net the lucky guy 300k, which is the current cap on attack winnings (which funzio put in place to protect people like you who leave millions unvaulted).

Mcdoc
02-19-2012, 06:00 PM
That's what your vault is for. You sould always always always always always have a vault upgrade in progress.

Duke.0
02-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Keep increasing your vault all the time.
The upfront cost is high, but the reward is able to store more money that people can't take.

I believe the maximum vault capacity is 10 million right now.

Mcdoc
02-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Actually the cost isn't what sucks - its how long it takes. 24 hours isnt bad, but when you get 104 hours and higher - the 5 day wait is ridiculous.

In the long run it is totally worth it.

I saw one guy post that he bought a lot of the small square high dollar trees and parked them in his hood until he needed the cash and then sold them back. You lose half the money on the sale - but getting a $50k tree and getting back $25k is better than losing it in raids.

EnjoyLife
02-19-2012, 06:42 PM
That's what your vault is for. You sould always always always always always have a vault upgrade in progress.

The vault upgrade isn't available anymore for me. Not sure how I can always have a vault upgrade...

JohnnyR
02-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Buy tons of medics and get a ton of defense going for you.

Oying
02-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the info guys, my vaults limit right now is 1M, im always upgrading my vault as soon as it finishes. I just dont get how they can take that much cash, do they have a lot of stamina? When that one raider took 1.5 million out of my 4.2 million cash, 1M of it was protected by my vault, thats just crazy. I wish i could see what units they lost just make me even feel better. Oh btw, on top of the 1.5m he took, i also lost like 5-6 units or more I think, value of 100k.

Agent Orange
02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Use your vault, otherwise you will loose your exposed cash. This player now knows of your weakness and will keep hitting you. They can take 10% on each attack x up to 10 attacks depending on what level you are at. It might actually be 11 come to think of it.

Hassleham
02-20-2012, 05:36 AM
Actually the cost isn't what sucks - its how long it takes. 24 hours isnt bad, but when you get 104 hours and higher - the 5 day wait is ridiculous.

I saw one guy post that he bought a lot of the small square high dollar trees and parked them in his hood until he needed the cash and then sold them back. You lose half the money on the sale - but getting a $50k tree and getting back $25k is better than losing it in raids.

I have to disagree about the time being too long. The game would be 10 times worse if te upgrades were faster because people would be able to save up large amounts of cash so easily. Part of the idea of the game is to get stronger by increasing income and power by buying buildings and units. Part of the fun is the risk involved of saving for an expensive building or unit and you have to decide if it is worth risking the unprotected cash to get it faster, otherwise camp at a lower level with high defence until you have a 10m vault.

It's bad enough for me, having levelled quite fast, going round looking for targets when most of them have vaults able to protect 3-4 million. Whereas my vault only holds 1.5m at the moment.

So yeah there's no point having faster vault upgrades because of everyone had a massive vault there would be no cash to be earned in pvp..

Rawdata
02-20-2012, 05:36 AM
I had the same problem as the original poster. I was saving up, would get to around $2M and then have half of it taken away. Unfortunately, I didn't bother with the Vault as my A/D were up over 4K/6K. Of course, the few guys who could hit me did, and did it well... :) :(

Now I'm just trying to play catch up with my vault. The time frames are quite painful.

Of course, I'm the "nice guy".. I'll attack someone twice and raid them twice, then apologize and ask for an alliance. Guess I need to stop being so nice. >:D

Hassleham
02-20-2012, 05:41 AM

I have to disagree about the time being too long. The game would be 10 times worse if te upgrades were faster because people would be able to save up large amounts of cash so easily. Part of the idea of the game is to get stronger by increasing income and power by buying buildings and units. Part of the fun is the risk involved of saving for an expensive building or unit and you have to decide if it is worth risking the unprotected cash to get it faster, otherwise camp at a lower level with high defence until you have a 10m vault.

It's bad enough for me, having levelled quite fast, going round looking for targets when most of them have vaults able to protect 3-4 million. Whereas my vault only holds 1.5m at the moment.

So yeah there's no point having faster vault upgrades because of everyone had a massive vault there would be no cash to be earned in pvp..

JohnnyR
02-20-2012, 10:42 AM

Have to say I agree with all of this. People complain about PVP being broke, but I think its just the payout isn't great enough for the unit loss. In a hundred base visits, I might find 3-5 worth raiding anything, and it is like winning the jackpot when I get any good amount of cash from attacking. Even if PVP losses were capped or "fixed" raiding is an exercise in patience. That said, my income is almost all raid based. Buy an oil rig and wait a month to break even, or buy a ton of units and go raiding......even with low payout rate I get more for my money targeting munitions buildings all day long. More limitations need to be put on the vault, doesn't need to be stymieing attack any more than it is.... However there are gold players who can pour thousands into the game and raid/attack with immunity....for that I'm grateful for the vault.