PDA

View Full Version : Income growth sustainability

Silvio
02-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Hey all,

I have only been tracking my income growth for a month now, and my weekly growth has ranged from a low of 21% to a high of 26% (increase per week). For those that have been tracking this kind of data longer than I, is this kind of growth sustainable? Because if it is I can project income out and plan my levelling a little more specifically.

Thanks!

Tramp Stamp
02-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Look at my weekly economy rankings for hard data on this topic.

downrange
02-19-2012, 05:19 PM
nope. it isn't sustainable. not without gold, anyway.

You can expect large percentage gains initially, especially if any Laundromat upgrades are mixed in. That will taper off but still seem like reasonable gains. And then, the really bad news is that, partially because of the unrealistic base that the LMs have given, gains will further taper off to a near-frustrating level. Then things pick back up again once your base economy is somewhat free from the over-dependence on the LMs.

It's hard to pin this down to actual numbers, but for me it may have been around $50k/hr when %gain seemed the worst. My "ah-ha!" moment came when I realized that even though I was comparing say a $7k/hr weekly gain against 50k (14%), realistically by then I had fallen way way off on LM collections (everyone does at some point!) and so my base should have been mentally-reset to $40k (representing a 17.5% weekly gain). It wouldn't have made sense to actually sell them though.

I think I've seen TS refer to the "laundromat normalization" effect of his multi-week tracking. The Lm have a very disproportionate effect on income calculations in quite a few ways.

Tramp Stamp
02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
"Laundromat normalization" refers to the effect where they bump short term gains but hurt long term gains in two ways. First, there is no other building that upgrades as fast, as cheap, and adds as much income, so your gains will be "top heavy". Second, there's no way to collect a representative amount of income, so the rated income won't flow back into the economy.

A third effect is what downrange mentions. After a few weeks of time invested, due to both comparative gains with the rest of the economy and burnout, Laundromat collections will falter. The effect is surprisingly noticeable, but checking in all day to tap is not sustainable.

erik
02-19-2012, 06:02 PM
The effect is surprisingly noticeable, but checking in all day to tap is not sustainable.

Thats why on this forum we recommend never checking out, but merely glancing over every 300 seconds or so and then continue what you were doing.

Tramp Stamp
02-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Thats why on this forum we recommend never checking out, but merely glancing over every 300 seconds or so and then continue what you were doing.

I mostly stopped doing this, but to anyone who's in the Laundromat phase I suggest turning off the iPhone's automatic sleep mode.

downrange
02-19-2012, 06:18 PM
I mostly stopped doing this, but to anyone who's in the Laundromat phase I suggest turning off the iPhone's automatic sleep mode.

I stopped too, but at one point had used the Timer on an old original iPhone, set for 5 minutes. I placed it next to my current iPhone and reset it as I collected.