PDA

View Full Version : How is attack score calculated?

Cousins
02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi there, I'm confused as to how my attack score has been calculated.

I have no allies and therefore bring four units into the equation - my top four units are stealth frigates that attack on 31, making a total of 124. Added to that I've assigned 33 skill points to attack = 157. How come my profile shows my alliance attack as 137? (and just to complicate things, I'm playing as UK, is there not a unknown sea bonus to be added?

What have I missed/misunderstood? I guess it's something simple that'll make me look stupid :-)

Aidan
02-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Hi there, I'm confused as to how my attack score has been calculated.

I have no allies and therefore bring four units into the equation - my top four units are stealth frigates that attack on 31, making a total of 124. Added to that I've assigned 33 skill points to attack = 157. How come my profile shows my alliance attack as 137? (and just to complicate things, I'm playing as UK, is there not a unknown sea bonus to be added

33 skills point=157 > hw did u arrived to tht number? As far as i knw skills point r mysterious. Nobody knows hw much do they add to the def/att tho the devs did say it's quite significant.

Ur total attack is 124.
10% Sea bonus of 124= 12.4
124+12.4=136.4 rounded } 137

The skills point does nt add to the total att/def

Cousins
02-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks Aiden - your answer makes sense, but it does lead to another question. If the 33 skill points I'd assigned to attack are not added to my total attack score, what's the point in assigning skill points to attack? Surely they must have some benefit?

BTW I arrived at the figure of 157 for my attack by adding 124 (combined attack score of four stealth frigates) to 33 (skill points assigned to attack) Had no idea what the naval bonus was for me being the UK though.

Aidan
02-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Np
The skills point does nt reflect on the total att but it does play a significant part in whether u win an att or nt.one of the devs mentioned it here (cnt remember which thread) hw much do they add, nobody knows.
Being a UK gives u 10% extra on sea units

Rawdata
02-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Ahhh... So that's it!!! I've wondered how I can lose battles to people with A/D scores of 1-200 lower than mine. It's probably because they spent more in the A/D bonuses and since we don't know what the bonuses represent, It could be a higher number! Makes way more sense now! Thanks!!

Maverick50727
02-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Like Aidan says, the UK sea bonus is 10% so that is factored on your strongest sea units you are taking in. 124*.1=12.4. 124+12=136 but you say 137, so it is close. Do you have a sea boost building by chance? The defense is calculated the same way by your strongest 4 defense unit values + the value of any defensive buildings you have in your base. It is pretty simple until you get into all the boost buildings. The unknown A/D skills bonus appears to be added on the fly and most think it is a multiplier formula based on your level up to a certain point. Other thing that isn't reflected in your stats but affect win/loss is the "strong against" bonus units get. Supposedly this is diminishing value so if you have a 20A going against a 20D unit that meets the matched strong against, it would be reduced 25% so you get a 20A vs 15D net result. In theory. Regardless "strong against" does make an impact when added along with everything else.

Note, how many other sea units do your have? What is their overall sum *.1. I assume the 10% is for units taken into battle and not all sea owned, but I don't have a nation bonus and you can't see that on ally's stats, only you can see it. Makes it hard to prove or disprove. I wonder if your allies see 137 or 136 when they look at your stats. Ask one to confirm.