PDA

View Full Version : Petition to stop Funzio from setting the maximum number of allies at 1000

Silence
02-19-2012, 10:54 AM
I was having trouble adding allies, so I contacted Funzio support. They informed me that to fix issues with adding/inviting allies, they will be capping the numbers of allies allowed at 1000. When I expressed my displeasure with this "fix" this is how they responded:
"There's no in-game benefit to having an alliance of over 500 people. We left it uncapped for the possibility of having a reason to add more in the future, but that is what is causing the bug. I apologize for the inconvenience."
Please post here to let Funzio know that we want to keep ALL our allies!

Deskjockey
02-19-2012, 11:32 AM
But why would you want more than 500? It I s completely and totally useless. It makes as much sense as spoiler on a model T or having Charlie Sheen as your designated driver for a party.

Silence
02-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I do understand that functionally there is no difference between 500 and 5000 allies. However, judging by the comments I've gotten in-game, there are other considerations then purely numbers. some like having lots of allies for social reasons, some like having lots of back-up, and so on. There are many ways of playing this game, not all of which involve battle efficiency. I understand the point you made, but I just feel differently.

procsyzarc
02-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I do understand that functionally there is no difference between 500 and 5000 allies. However, judging by the comments I've gotten in-game, there are other considerations then purely numbers. some like having lots of allies for social reasons, some like having lots of back-up, and so on. There are many ways of playing this game, not all of which involve battle efficiency. I understand the point you made, but I just feel differently.

If you need an extra 500 for backup you are doing something seriously wrong and social makes no diffrence if they are allies or not but having too many seriously limits your rivals.

One that always makes me laugh in crime city but imagine it is the same in modern war is comments like "wow nice hood/incomce please add me xxx xxx xxx" or "daily players please add xxx xxx xxx" since people with nice bases would be last people you want to add since they are better as rivals you can steal from

Unequeli
02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Hello

I am new member, hello everybody !

JMC
02-19-2012, 06:40 PM
I doubt you regularly talk to 1000 people.

JohnnyR
02-19-2012, 06:46 PM
I add anyone with an impressive base, especially when they're likely to beat me. Kinda would like to keep that up, but oh well. There's gotta be more that can be done with the ally list though, it's difficult as hell to connect with others...

JMC
02-19-2012, 06:49 PM
I deleted most of the randoms now. Now i only add people that i know or to keep a truce with someone whos in the same strength range as me.

Agent Orange
02-19-2012, 09:54 PM
I was having trouble adding allies, so I contacted Funzio support. They informed me that to fix issues with adding/inviting allies, they will be capping the numbers of allies allowed at 1000. When I expressed my displeasure with this "fix" this is how they responded:
"There's no in-game benefit to having an alliance of over 500 people. We left it uncapped for the possibility of having a reason to add more in the future, but that is what is causing the bug. I apologize for the inconvenience."
Please post here to let Funzio know that we want to keep ALL our allies!

Interesting, my thought would be that having lots of allies will reduce the number of players available to attack. I can see the advantage for weak players wanting to be protected from stronger ones and I have to admit that is rather counterproductive if you are a strong player......

CJ54
02-20-2012, 01:35 AM
We do not appreciate people inaccurately representing our communications in the forums or selectively quoting bits, and although I understand the emotional response when an important part of the game is threatened, it will result in bans in the future. There was no certainty or finality expressed in the original correspondence.

Here's the fact: there's an issue that can happen when you get above 1000 allies which causes that whole "attacked and being attacked by people on your allies list". People know this and have discussed it in here. We get a lot of mail about it.

We've discussed up one side and down the other what to do about it. We're aware that it makes some people very happy to have large ally numbers for various reasons, just as we're aware that the resulting issue annoys the crud out of other people. We're still discussing what to do about this, and an eventual solution that keeps everyone happy is ideal. In the meantime, there's not going to be some sudden change where everyone's ally list is chopped in half, so this petition is a bit premature.