PDA

View Full Version : DDs - Is Seymour even worth it

Joe Brown1
02-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Starting to farm other items - Seymour Stone has a mighty high energy and XP requirement - is it even worth farming him (only on CCHD anymore with multi click) for DDs? Are S&M Chokers worth it from Trixie on CCHD with multi click?

erik
02-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Neither are worth it in 2.2

Joe Brown1
02-19-2012, 08:15 AM
I still have CCHD on my iPad so I can farm multi cick sites - does that change the thinking?

erik
02-19-2012, 08:19 AM
In that case, if you do desire some chokers in your inventory, get them now while you can. Steer clear of DDs as they are easier in 2.2.

heath4pack
02-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Erik, where in 2.2? I am having not much luck at the airport lately

willydpooh
02-19-2012, 08:26 AM
guys, if you say multi click, what does it mean? sorry for the noobie question

Joe Brown1
02-19-2012, 08:29 AM
The only problem with 2.2 is the buy in for the better location at the Red Light District is $15 million. Any other options for the DD or am I better off waiting until my economy can support the $15 mil?

Joe Brown1
02-19-2012, 08:32 AM
guys, if you say multi click, what does it mean? sorry for the noobie question

For awhile on all platforms and now only on old versions of CC Universal or current CC HD, you could potential get a drop on every click of a mission that required multiple clicks - i.e. Nadya requires 5 clicks to compete - under multi click you have 5 chances to get an m4 - new vesrion you have one chance when completing your 5th click.

willydpooh
02-19-2012, 08:36 AM
thanks joe, now I understand, normally it should be finished on click before they drop something

erik
02-19-2012, 08:58 AM
@heath Red light Leila is really only the good choice left... but it is a great one save the price tag.

procsyzarc
02-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I have 60 dd from Seymour Stone in the last 7 days on HD version

i need muney
02-19-2012, 11:17 AM
In HD he has best drops/1000

heath4pack
02-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Thx Erik

That's quite a pricetag.

Maybe ill try farming pimps lowrider??

i need muney
02-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Thx Erik
That's quite a pricetag.
Maybe ill try farming pimps lowrider??
It's a very rare pvp loot. And not as good

G Wiz
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
It's a very rare pvp loot. And not as goodyou can also get it from the hospitality district-luxury hotel or at Empire airport from choon hee park(which would be the better one in terms of percentages) if you had to loot instead of winning it as a rare pvp.

i need muney
02-19-2012, 12:29 PM
you can also get it from the hospitality district-luxury hotel or at Empire airport from choon hee park(which would be the better one in terms of percentages) if you had to loot instead of winning it as a rare pvp.
Yeah, kinda missed it in the spreadsheet. Energy on these is crazy.

G Wiz
02-19-2012, 01:04 PM
You need redbull to tackle some of these

downrange
02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm going to plagiarize myself from another post, since a portion of it is relevant here....

I'm on CCHD and am torn between how to go after DD. On the one hand I've already got 2 DD from Seymour and have paid the cash requirements for that that job (was testing the waters a while back). At .58/1000 that seems like my best short term option. And is a relatively sure thing for now.

The 1.5/1000 option on 2.2 universal would be attractive, but I have serious doubts that it'll last. The $15.6 Million buy-in would represent a week's worth of savings (and lost re-investment) for me. If I could farm the DD at that rate for months, it would be worth it to go that route, but looking at the full list, and watching the trends and precedents that the devs have made (tough because so much has changed recently regarding rates on farming jobs) that rate looks like a mistake. I am very suspicious it might be changed within a few weeks. And I don't think i'm willing to take a $15.6M chance on that.

I'm curious if anyone else shares my hesitance regarding investing in the Leila Johnson job in Red Light District. It just seems to stick out. Why would Funzio have normalized almost every similar job but this and maybe a couple others. I'm hoping to avoid murphy's law, whereby a change would happen shortly after I purchase the job requirements, which would be a gross mis-step in my economy otherwise.

The only party who can really clear things up is Funzio. With the more open communication policy we've seen recently, is it permissible to ask about specific jobs like this?

If not, how about a more general question... could Funzio answer if there are still some jobs out there that appear not to be giving items at rates that Funzio is comfortable with, long term? That could give a nice, yet soft and unspecific indication to folks who are interested. And based on threads like this, I'm not alone.

I realize I don't like to be put to question on things myself, so if that's not palatable either, I'll just make an open call for any kind of signal that could be offered, please.

procsyzarc
02-19-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm going to plagiarize myself from another post, since a portion of it is relevant here....

I'm curious if anyone else shares my hesitance regarding investing in the Leila Johnson job in Red Light District. It just seems to stick out. Why would Funzio have normalized almost every similar job but this and maybe a couple others. I'm hoping to avoid murphy's law, whereby a change would happen shortly after I purchase the job requirements, which would be a gross mis-step in my economy otherwise.

The only party who can really clear things up is Funzio. With the more open communication policy we've seen recently, is it permissible to ask about specific jobs like this?

If not, how about a more general question... could Funzio answer if there are still some jobs out there that appear not to be giving items at rates that Funzio is comfortable with, long term? That could give a nice, yet soft and unspecific indication to folks who are interested. And based on threads like this, I'm not alone.

I realize I don't like to be put to question on things myself, so if that's not palatable either, I'll just make an open call for any kind of signal that could be offered, please.

There support is generally very good. I spent about 5M buying items during the whole mossberg disaster. More out of protest than anything I put in a support email saying due to you changing drop rates and stats I have now wasted 5M on items that I would not have normally if the rates/stats had be as they are now from the beginning.

To my surprise they replied saying fair enough and deposited 5M into my bank.

So if you are worried about them changing rates later and wasting your money there is a good chance if you can be bothered you may get it back

downrange
02-19-2012, 03:47 PM
There support is generally very good. I spent about 5M...

That's great. I hadn't considered that as an avenue to pursue, but it does seem quite reasonable. The one time I've asked for support, the issue was similarly treated well and resolved to my satisfaction, very quickly I might add.

Thanks for sharing. I seem to have been focusing on the potentially negative here. A lesson to me, I suppose.

Bruiser
02-20-2012, 12:55 AM
I had a great run from Leila at the Red Light District but I have now gone 0 for 47 and am questioning what has happened for this to occur. I outplayed heavily to get this loot drop and got 40 odd in a reasonable timeframe and now nothing...Makes me question what is going on???

Swifty
02-20-2012, 01:06 AM
The odds of 0 for 47 happening by random chance alone must be very small.

Max Power
02-20-2012, 04:38 AM
I had a great run from Leila at the Red Light District but I have now gone 0 for 47 and am questioning what has happened for this to occur. I outplayed heavily to get this loot drop and got 40 odd in a reasonable timeframe and now nothing...Makes me question what is going on???

Like all loots, it's streaky. I got off to a great start, it slowed dramatically, not it is back to the normal rate. Anecdotal, I know, but there is no evidence of changed rates.

erik
02-20-2012, 05:18 AM
I am averaging 7.7/day with the last 3 days being 9,8 and 6, so seems right on track.

Worst day total was 4. Best streak on 1240 energy was 5 drops. (5/7)

2Legit
02-20-2012, 07:40 AM
How come ipad HD users gets special treatment??? Isnt my Ipod 4g good enuff? Why u hatin on my ipod??

Swifty
02-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Device-ism?

Bruiser
02-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I do all my farming of DD's on my iPhone

Joe Brown1
02-20-2012, 12:48 PM
If using CC HD with multi clicks that still work, has anyone had much success with the Airport City Bus?

i need muney
02-20-2012, 12:50 PM
If using CC HD with multi clicks that still work, has anyone had much success with the Airport City Bus?
Made 26 in a week or so

2Legit
02-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Am i the only one with 1 DD? I only found out about it, recently. d-.-b

Swifty
02-20-2012, 12:54 PM
I have zero DD, still farming M4A1s.

Joe Brown1
02-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Made 26 in a week or so

Thanks. I will try the city bus - I can't afford leila right now and Seymour has an awful xp/energy requirement.:p

2Legit
02-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Ahhhh im not alone :D

Joe Brown1
02-20-2012, 01:05 PM
OK, I like the city bus much better. Just went 2 for 3 with a fraction of the xp gain and energy use. Much better balance at my level.:cool: