PDA

View Full Version : Who is completing the map quests

slackerboy
02-18-2012, 11:29 PM
or has everyone just given up to farm M4A1 and/or DD buses?

Farming of the M4A1 while nice and nice to see my number and stats improve is pretty mind numbing as no guarantee that you will get one.

Comments?

Tramp Stamp
02-18-2012, 11:30 PM
I do quests in Modern War, but in Crime City there's virtually no benefit.

slackerboy
02-19-2012, 12:05 AM
ah ok, starting to see that myself.

So how should I start thinking of planning my strategy now. Been at lvl 1 of Circuit city a while now because now been distracted trying to farm M4A1 which is sucking up my energy and not allowing me to complete the map quests. Also think that attacking people is not helping, why do they give so many many XP for attacking some one with only very little RP in comparison!
At lvl4 of Club District and completed all previous levels to lvl 5, to gain the extra skill point.

Is it now best for me to start working on my economy(thinking not to bad compared to others that I see at my lvl) and farming and not attempting to level the Club District and above to lvl 5?

Ram
02-19-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm doing empire arena plaza right now

slackerboy
02-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Do you or have you completed more than lvl 1 for each map quest?

I personally like the inventory item gained completing lvl 3.

i need muney
02-19-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm thinking of doing them backwards after I'm completely Bored later ingame.

AppleMacGuy
02-19-2012, 01:38 AM
I started out CC with the map mastery objective in mind. I've completed to level 5 mastery the first 25 maps up to and including Financial District :cool: But I haven't touched a map since beginning of Jan as I've been farming M4s - only because so many others were doing so :( I quite enjoyed the maps although it takes 7-10 days to complete each which is too long IMO :mad:, but still it is way more fun than farming, which quite honestly is like watching paint dry. Thank goodness for PvP in the meantime...

Whoopdido1980
02-19-2012, 02:45 AM
I do the map quests. All I do is map quests and thug life/Hitman goals. I haven't farmed anything. I want to start farming but I can't make myself do it. Video games are supposed to be fun and doing the same mission over and over and over in the hopes that maybe you get 2 or 3 guns per day sounds mind numbingly boring.

Swifty
02-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Farming is a time-honored tradition in online games.

And it soul-crushingly boring.

willydpooh
02-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Farming is a time-honored tradition in online games.

And it soul-crushingly boring.
well that's the idea, either you buy gold to boost up your attributes fast, or just farm

btw, which map again that gives M4A1?

Swifty
02-19-2012, 03:07 AM
I farm Nadya at Packer Heights because she still gives multi-click loot in the HD version.

Otherwise, it would be the Shooting Game Booth at Boardwalk.

i need muney
02-19-2012, 04:03 AM
I farm Nadya at Packer Heights because she still gives multi-click loot in the HD version.
Otherwise, it would be the Shooting Game Booth at Boardwalk.
One good reason to get an iPad! :cool:

Nudie
02-19-2012, 04:56 AM
I'm using Ipad HD version CC but Nadya has been giving me the cold shoulder. Having better luck at the shooting game.

i need muney
02-19-2012, 05:09 AM
I'm using Ipad HD version CC but Nadya has been giving me the cold shoulder. Having better luck at the shooting game.
You just need to know how to treat a lady :) I get at least 20 everyday on HD.

Ffej
02-19-2012, 05:16 AM
I get at least 20 everyday on HD.

How much energy do you have? That is significantly more than I have been averaging. I am also on an IPad using the HD version and have tried both Nadya and BSG. I have never received more than 6 or so in a day with 1500 energy.

In regards to the OT, I used to do the maps but have also put them on the back burner while farming M4A1s. Once I get to 400 M4A1s, my plan is to take a break farming and go back and start completing the maps again.

deuces
02-19-2012, 05:19 AM
getting at least 20 per day = using gold on energy refills, exploiting a glitch, or khuuuuung. Dont worry ffej, thats normal.

i need muney
02-19-2012, 06:17 AM
How much energy do you have? That is significantly more than I have been averaging. I am also on an IPad using the HD version and have tried both Nadya and BSG. I have never received more than 6 or so in a day with 1500 energy.
It's not about your cap. As an agent clast my char generates about 4800e a day. Theoretically you could have a cap of like 200 an still use 4800e a day. But since you need to sleep and live (I hope that all of you do) you need a high cap to allow some headroom for energy to stack. So my energy is 1700, but I spend it all the time. Plus sometimes you get a level refill or two. With two refills it's something like 4800 + 3400 = 8200 energy. The end.

Part 2. There's been some ongoing thing about drop rates changing on logon or map entry. I find that to be plausible cause it worked for me. When I wake up I collect from buildings and have 1000-1700 energy. So I warp to Packer's and hit Nadya 4 times. If she drops 0-1 I reconnect and hit her again. If 0-1 again then of to restore energy :)
But if the drops are 2,3 and sometimes even 4, then I deplete all of my energy. Usually you see rifles dropping like crazy. Then I lock my iPad so the game wouldn't reconnect and let it sit there restoring. I do this while having long upgrades so it won't compromise my econ. When you unlock the iPad Packer's is still there and you hit Nadya again and so on.

This has lots of nuts and bolts to it and I don't feel like getting into every little detail. But it worked for me. G Wiz is in my mob he can check if you need proof.

EDIT:
getting at least 20 per day = using gold on energy refills, exploiting a glitch, or khuuuuung. Dont worry ffej, thats normal.
Coincidentally, it's all not true.

erik
02-19-2012, 08:18 AM
1240 with Goodfella is plenty of time to sleep you loafer.

Also a complicated loot formula doesn't make sense when a flat # makes much more sense... and is in the code. But the theories are fun and will go on.

Like Love, when a large boat sinks.

i need muney
02-19-2012, 09:29 AM
1240 with Goodfella is plenty of time to sleep you loafer.

Also a complicated loot formula doesn't make sense when a flat # makes much more sense... and is in the code. But the theories are fun and will go on.

Like Love, when a large boat sinks.
I tend to flat numbers too. But:
1. It's not in the code, it's in the plist. Unless somebody decompiled the games code, you can't tell for sure
2. It works for me. Results are consistent.

Sorry if I mixed up some terms. Not a wiz in technical english :)

kimberleyj
02-19-2012, 10:34 AM
I only do the map quest , iam on empire plaza. I will start farming when I finsh the map quests.

fuzzy
02-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I always did the maps and goals until I found this forum. Now I realize if I play the game they want you to, you will end getting your ass kicked in later levels.

greeneyes
02-19-2012, 05:57 PM
I always did the maps and goals until I found this forum. Now I realize if I play the game they want you to, you will end getting your ass kicked in later levels.

I read people in this forum a lot... till 2 months ago, suddenly I found out that most people in this forum are weak, they talked/wrote a lot but in real game they are extremely weak compare to those who never/rarely post....

Play the in any ways you could imagine of, you will end up getting your ass kicked anyway...

Whoopdido1980
02-19-2012, 06:10 PM
When do you guys plan to quit this game? I mean do you have any goals that you want to accomplish? I'm mainly asking those of you that don't do any map quests. I know that games like this don't really end but my goal is to finish all the maps and then after that POSSIBLY master all the maps. Once I do that, I will consider the game over at least for myself. To those of you that have no interest in maps, when will the game be over for you? You can only fight and rob so many times right?

deuces
02-19-2012, 06:18 PM
I've always assumed i'd quit at level 200 unless things were really exciting or more levels were added.

Bruiser
02-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Im at level 138 and still find the game exciting and challenging. The end won't be dictated by a certain level but how i find the game at higher levels...

Swifty
02-19-2012, 06:48 PM
I will quit when they ban my account.

Swifty
02-19-2012, 06:50 PM
@greeneyes

do you actually believe any of the stuff you post?

greeneyes
02-19-2012, 06:53 PM
When do you guys plan to quit this game? I mean do you have any goals that you want to accomplish? I'm mainly asking those of you that don't do any map quests. I know that games like this don't really end but my goal is to finish all the maps and then after that POSSIBLY master all the maps. Once I do that, I will consider the game over at least for myself. To those of you that have no interest in maps, when will the game be over for you? You can only fight and rob so many times right?
- it will take you years to master all maps.

- for high level, more & more you will find it's harder to find a target to attack and win. weapon defense stats always better than attack stats, and with mass defense buildings. all high levels end up looking each other & says you can't beat me.
When you guys reach to what I told you, the only ways to attack people is pay for gold weapons, hundreds gold weapons...

greeneyes
02-19-2012, 07:05 PM
@greeneyes

do you actually believe any of the stuff you post?

you need another 6 months to reach to what I have achieved. at that time, you may see what I told you. now it's too soon for you to know that.

Swifty
02-19-2012, 07:06 PM
@greeneyes

Thanks, Zenmaster

allhaildiscordia
02-19-2012, 07:19 PM
I completed my M4A1 goals, so I went back and started doing the maps. I waffle between to older maps and getting them up to level 2 for the small RP reward, and doing new maps. Currently working on Seaside for goals and/or Junkyard to Level 2.

Given that the level 4 reward is a mafia member and level 5 is a skill point, and many of the level 3 items are strictly worse than the best loot items, I don't see much point in going past level 2 in an area, unless the L3 reward item is decent.

downrange
02-19-2012, 07:39 PM
greeneyes, I just glanced through your posting history after reading the last two posts here and getting that "this tone is way too familiar" vibe. What I saw seemingly corroborated my first instinct, and then I was quite relieved to see that someone else had thought it and posted it before me - the sense that you might just be khung/hunter.

I see your response to the last assertion/query about that was a potentially sarcasticly-toned confirmation. A possible form of misdirection. Not that it matters at all, but I'm curious enough to simply, directly and unambiguously ask. Have you previously posted as khung03 and/or hunter at any time on this forum?

Ghost818
02-19-2012, 08:13 PM
greeneyes, I just glanced through your posting history after reading the last two posts here and getting that "this tone is way too familiar" vibe. What I saw seemingly corroborated my first instinct, and then I was quite relieved to see that someone else had thought it and posted it before me - the sense that you might just be khung/hunter.

I see your response to the last assertion/query about that was a potentially sarcasticly-toned confirmation. A possible form of misdirection. Not that it matters at all, but I'm curious enough to simply, directly and unambiguously ask. Have you previously posted as khung03 and/or hunter at any time on this forum?
I actually got the same feeling.

greeneyes
02-19-2012, 08:21 PM
As I post in another thread, I'm khung.

Have you previously posted as khung03 and/or hunter at any time on this forum?
I may be khung but not hunter, because the post timing match.

Euchred
02-19-2012, 08:26 PM
@greeneyes do you actually think that things won't change in the next 6 months as other players will begin to reach the upper crust

greeneyes
02-19-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't think this game will last another 6 months. Have you checked Appstore ranking ? Crime City currently top 156 in US Appstore game ranking, overal ranking is 397.

That's mean not many new players download the game recently.

There is the rumor that Funzio cheated to make CC top 1 free app, unfortunately it is proven. Now they can't cheat & that's why the ranking is so low.

If there are no changes, you guys will quit the game in about 2 months. why ? Because everything (rival list/friend's hood/enemy's hood) remain unchanged for months.

Euchred
02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Good luck getting anyone from Funzio to accept a single word of that. Plus you don't need a huge community to keep a game going. I can't say for sure wether or not I'll still be here in 6 months but I probably will be on some level, this game doesn't have to take a lot of time to play if you don't want it to.

downrange
02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
As I post in another thread, I'm khung.

I may be khung but not hunter, because the post timing not match.

Ok, great. I wish you a belated welcome back from that vacation!

And thank you for confirming. I appreciate the confirmation on several levels because it validates my own sense of recognition through stylistic interpretation, which has been proven in studies to absolutely carry through writing styles. Even on [well, especially on] the internet. And also it reinforces the tried and true practice of trusting my instincts.

But I didn't want to refocus on my interests... Glad to see you posting once again; under any name. Truly, welcome back.

greeneyes
02-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Good luck getting anyone from Funzio to accept a single word of that. Plus you don't need a huge community to keep a game going. I can't say for sure wether or not I'll still be here in 6 months but I probably will be on some level, this game doesn't have to take a lot of time to play if you don't want it to.

Accept or not, they know exactly current CC ranking and the drop of new players & monthly revenue.... If I were Funzio's CEO, it's time to make CC 2.

greeneyes
02-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Before khung left the game, CC was in top 3 grossing app. Now it's 45.

Euchred
02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
It makes sense from a marketing perspective but you can't just leave the CC players behind. This game has potential for incredible longevity. I for one don't really focus on PvP the hood aspect is all I need at this point the PvP is just a way to show off. I don't need psychological validation through the praise of others.

Tramp Stamp
02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Accept or not, they know exactly current CC ranking and the drop of new players & monthly revenue.... If I were Funzio's CEO, it's time to make CC 2.

That was supposed to be Modern War, but that didn't exactly pan out. That game is on life support already. I think literally less than 10 people are keeping the game afloat at $10k+ a piece invested.

greeneyes
02-19-2012, 09:00 PM
That was supposed to be Modern War, but that didn't exactly pan out. That game is on life support already. I think literally less than 10 people are keeping the game afloat at $10k+ a piece invested.

Look like in iOS they earn more from MW than CC. however MW is not as good as CC. Hope they will release CC 2 soon.

Tramp Stamp
02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
A logical thing to do would be to merge the iOS, Facebook, and G+ audiences. The way they have it now is artificially segmenting audiences. That's only necessary for truly massive MMORPGs like Blizzard stuff.

greeneyes
02-19-2012, 09:03 PM
It makes sense from a marketing perspective but you can't just leave the CC players behind. This game has potential for incredible longevity. I for one don't really focus on PvP the hood aspect is all I need at this point the PvP is just a way to show off. I don't need psychological validation through the praise of others.

CC is just like a MMO game. Have you ever played LineAge or Guild War ? When NC Soft release LineAge 2, which is much better than LineAge, everyone happily move to new servers.

Euchred
02-19-2012, 09:07 PM
It's just that this game is basically the more you play the better you are (bar using gold). Why would I want to leave my economy which I've spent a lot of time and money on to start all over again?

downrange
02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Before khung left the game, CC was in top 3 grossing app. Now it's 45.

I suspect there may be DOZENS!!! of developers who would be quite envious of a Top 50 grossing positioning for a game roughly 6 months old. I wouldn't cry Funzio a river over that kind of slippage just yet.

They're probably quite pleased with that kind of performance; it's [still] phenomenal.

2Legit
02-19-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm aiming to complete the whole areas. So far I've gone up to Army Base Level 5. I know its never going to be complete since they have been adding newer areas every time, but I don't have much goals left, except thug wars, expansion.

thspiral
02-20-2012, 06:11 AM
I really don't think that they will let this game go, as long as it's grossing any money at all. I mean they have other games, so they are going to keep a server farm up anyway. How much bandwidth does this simple game use? It can't be much. Also the maintenance on the servers seems like it would be minimal. They could practically put a few servers in one of their moms basements and just forget about it, and let it bring them in a little chump change here and there.

Look at Everquest 1 its been dead for 6 or 7 years, and they still have servers running.