PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing Worthwhile Raids

jphil1
02-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Hey all-

After heeding the advice of leveling down a bit and raking in the cash through raiding rivals (post by Mcdoc), I was wondering if you guys look for anything in particular on your hunts. I mostly search around until I find someone with a level 5 or greater munitions stockpile that I can hit up for nice chunk of change. The payoff is great, but I am hoping to expand the strategy and am wondering where else to start. Obviously the higher level the better (for most), but do any of you focus on certain buildings? Is there a point in attacking build ups?

Does a person with, say a level 4 advanced airbase, potentially mean that you could loot a cooler unit? Or is it too random to predict (or impossible)?

Lastly, if a rival's profile stats reveal that the player has a ton of money, how do I get this (assuming it's not vaulted)?...is the only way by directing clicking on and attacking the player...or do other ways work?

Thanks so much! Cheers

commandNconquer
02-18-2012, 09:08 PM
before attacking i look to a few things that people mentioned here before they are :

the base, usually the bigger = the bigger vault
if my attack is near their defense i will check their inventory for ''strong against'' units, check the country etc. (this is to be aware of any good advantage they could have)
i look at their combat stats this could indicate me if the player for ex. has a lot of defense points (low defense but still win a lot of fight)

to get the cash he is carrying simply attack the player by attacking him on the rivals list or just by clicking two times on the player in the player base

hope this helps you out as much as it helped me out

Mcdoc
02-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Glad my posted advice is working for you. I am literally hitting up $750k every cople of hours. I used my skill points to get my stamina up to 25 attacks - which I usually find one or two people who give up $25k on the 1st attack & ride them down to $5k - and lately I've been getting one about every 2 hours who pays out over $60k on the 1st attack and ride them until they are "Too weak to battle". So basically I get $250k to $400k through my 25 attacks - so I attack - wait an hour or so - come back & attack again. Of course i go through 6 or 8 wins with no cash before i find some loose change - but i am patient I hope you are able to achieve similar results.

Remember, you don't always take the same units into battle as the ones you use to defend - So I like to stock up on Global Hawks & Sea Scouts with my cash winnings for their high defense value & the Hornets & the "Strong Against Air" Avenger with Valor points as well as the cheaper 50 Valor Point Seahawk Chopper that is "Strong Against Sea" . I recommend loading up on "Strong Against Air / Sea" units since those seem to be the attack units of choice for the most aggressive players.

I agree that the Amphibious Trooper (AT) is one of the best fodder units to keep around - I have about 140 of them - the mini sub is also nice but more energy points and not 100% drop like the AT is. I lose one AT about every 6 or 8 battles and with my low Allie count - I'm oly bringing about 45 out of my 140 AT's into battle to begin with. My other top attack units are 30 Hornets, 25 Harriers, 10 Avengers, 25 Seahawks, and countless loot units that have above average stats.

So my attack sequence is to: collect from all my cash buildings - Vault - spend my 800 energy at the docks to pick up 8 or 9 ATs - Vault another $85k - then go fishing for 25 attacks to pick up countless loot units - Vault $200k to $450k - WAIT an hour & 1/2 - start all over :)

Anyway - on the building stats - I like to position my buildings in a way that helps cover up the actual number so a raider won't know if it a 1 or a 7. I also like to hide cannons in the shadows of large building or behind the guard tower next to a money building so if a raider does try to get my stash - he is surprised by the higher defense due to those hidden guard units. A Sam units almost disappears behind a guard tower & so does the Turrent. If you turn your buildings around, you will find that certain positions provide better cover for hiding defense units. I have an EMP cannon tucked in behind the Infirmary in a way that it looks like it is actually part of the infirmary. I have my Shipyard turned around in a way that the cranes cover up my supply depot to not only hide the number, but make the Supply Depot look like it could be part of the shipyard. I bet you people who were looking to raid my base totally overlooked that Supply Depot and also didn't see my defenses until after their failed attack :). This guy named Kirk keeps attacking me and leaving me $30k. A couple of times I have lost the battle but given up $0 - then he comes back an hour later and leaves me another $30k. I guess he's got me on is News List - maybe I attacked him a few weeks back and rode him for $100k - but he's obviously trying to figure out my weakness and is failing. In the meantime - I'm loving the free cash the Kirk leaves under my pillow like the Tooth Fairy.

Anyway - hope you're having fun! I know I am :)

dledour
02-19-2012, 06:44 AM
I like to place my SAMS missiles in clear view so that it makes a potential rival think twice about attacking. However I agree that the turrets and cannons can be camouflaged within the shadows of buildings.

Mcdoc
02-23-2012, 04:28 PM
I just Love it when I come back to money left behind by unsuccessful raids & attacks:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4969/imagevqhz.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/imagevqhz.jpg/)

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2405/imagewys.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/imagewys.jpg/)

elangomatt
02-23-2012, 09:51 PM
McDoc... I never understand why poeple go hunting with cash outside their vault. Heck, I vault my money within seconds even when I just collect my supply depots. It has been a few ads since my last 30k defend win, but I get them as well.

Mcdoc
02-24-2012, 12:48 AM
. . . I never understand why poeple go hunting with cash outside their vault. Heck, I vault my money within seconds even when I just collect my supply depots . . .

I guess it is just habit now - but I also vault every second there is exposed cash from missions, collection, battles, etc. in act, the only time I have unvaulted cash is when I win it in a battle and someone attacks me before I login to vault it :). Even with that, my defenses are so strong it is super rare to see a loss in a battle or raid.

I hit $300,000 on 1st time raids 4 times in the past 24 hours and rode them all for almost $3KK (appearantly KK equals a million - according to another post) and one cat posted to my wall "You Dog". I would rather buy extra units before leaving unvaulted cash laying around.

Vault - use it :)

JMC
02-24-2012, 01:05 AM
I don't know why people even have money out. The only reason you should have money out is to build an expensive building. Then, really you shouldn't be building buildings that cost more than your vault max. So the only time it makes sense to have money out of the vault is if you were planning to build a space center or nanotech factory. Either that, or an expensive upgrade costing over 10mil.

P4TR1C14N
02-24-2012, 02:19 AM
@Mcdoc: I assume you do a trial attack on someone with big cash to see how big the vault is or can you see how much unprotected cash someone has by visting their base?

I stopped attacking as due to the pvp issues and my focus on raiding certain buildings, it's a lot of time investment for small result due to the ridiculous lossen you sometimes get by raiding/attacking.

Maverick50727
02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't know why people even have money out. The only reason you should have money out is to build an expensive building. Then, really you shouldn't be building buildings that cost more than your vault max. So the only time it makes sense to have money out of the vault is if you were planning to build a space center or nanotech factory. Either that, or an expensive upgrade costing over 10mil.
Some people have gotten bored and don't play every day or have quit enitirely. I classify theses a dead/idle account. Back when it was attacking and reducing allies I was writting down a few. When I found a large payout and noted their stats. A few days later I saw them again, no missions increase, # of units decreased, A/D stats just went down, attacks/raids won didn't change much, but attacks/raids lost did. May not be true, but most signs pointed to them not playing for a few days at least and the money just piling up until someone hit them. If they are not attacking, doing missions, etc then they should be spending buying units or upgrading and building new buildings, most of the time I never see that either. Thus someone has a real life and may just not be in the game all the time.

Mcdoc
02-25-2012, 03:40 PM
@Mcdoc: I assume you do a trial attack on someone with big cash to see how big the vault is or can you see how much unprotected cash someone has by visting their base?

I stopped attacking as due to the pvp issues and my focus on raiding certain buildings, it's a lot of time investment for small result due to the ridiculous lossen you sometimes get by raiding/attacking.

Actually, I just go through my Rivals list looking for people with 10 or fewer Allies than me. So I have 41 allies, I target 30 & below. I have 25 stamina, so I don't take the time to study them before an attack, I just go "fishing". My shear out-numbering their units usually guarantees a victory - even if it with a zero cash award. I have some gold units - and on the very rare occasion, I come across someone with ALL gold units who beats me.

So out of 25 attacks - I usually find someone who has $25,000 to $60,000 on the 1st attack and ride them until they're too weak to battle. I can usually bag between $150k to $300k in a sequence of battles. I've hit a few for $300k on the 1st attack and can get close to $3 million.

I attack about every 30 minutes - so I go on about 20 attack campaigns a day. PvP farming pulls in a lot of cash - and if I slowed down and studied the rivals like you suggest, I'm sure I could pull down even more.

War player
02-26-2012, 01:52 AM
It seems your strategy only works for those with extremely low ally count. Most with that low of an ally count are new players with very low vault capacity, thus they can't protect that much money. I'm curious, what level are you? It may be an advantageous strategy to dump a lot of allies and get down to that low ally count.

Agent Orange
02-26-2012, 02:22 AM
It seems your strategy only works for those with extremely low ally count. Most with that low of an ally count are new players with very low vault capacity, thus they can't protect that much money. I'm curious, what level are you? It may be an advantageous strategy to dump a lot of allies and get down to that low ally count.

It is to a point, in the lower levels the game matches players with similar level and ally count but past a certain point the game drops the number of allies and just matches level.

digitalwalker
02-26-2012, 06:18 AM
McDoc or anyone else. Pease add me. My ID name is Sister Angelica 150892864 and yes I am a girl before you ask x
I m sure u will have a large ally pending list,
Welcome to the forum:)

Hassleham
02-26-2012, 06:59 AM

I have had vault upgrades running ever since i started playing, i'm level 38 now and my vault is only 2million. What you are saying is that i shouldn't have bought several of my main money buildings, just because my vault isn't large enough to protect all of the money. If i had done what you're suggesting then my income would still be 50k and i wouldn't be doing as well as i am now..

JohnnyR
02-26-2012, 10:53 AM
I have had vault upgrades running ever since i started playing, i'm level 38 now and my vault is only 2million. What you are saying is that i shouldn't have bought several of my main money buildings, just because my vault isn't large enough to protect all of the money. If i had done what you're suggesting then my income would still be 50k and i wouldn't be doing as well as i am now..

Lol, he's actually agreeing with you dude. I.E.-don't keep money out unless there's a purpose, like your big money buildings. Letting cash hang out of the vault is dumb otherwise and is just begging to get took.

Hassleham
02-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Lol, he's actually agreeing with you dude. I.E.-don't keep money out unless there's a purpose, like your big money buildings. Letting cash hang out of the vault is dumb otherwise and is just begging to get took.

"you shouldn't be building buildings that cost more than your vault max. So the only time it makes sense to have money out of the vault is if you were planning to build a space center or nanotech factory"

JohnnyR
02-26-2012, 11:16 AM
I missed the emphasis.....