PDA

View Full Version : To My Fellow Campers

duder
02-18-2012, 06:11 AM
It's time to start using my stamina. I realize that I haven't quite gotten to the line I drew in the sand several months ago what with the 2 nightclubs before going, but I'm ready to head towards that junkyard - I've pulled together my 2mil income per day. And really, if you have one nightclub, it's better to get it to level 2 than to break ground on the second anyways (phew that's a price tag).

This won't be a fast gain by any means. I am only hunting two buildings: lofts and level 7 laudromats; however, I wanted to put the word out so my fellow campers aren't taken by surprise. My apologies in advance if I clutter anyone's empire times and my thanks to anyone who leaves their lofts out for the taking!

Max Power
02-18-2012, 06:14 AM
It's time to start using my stamina. I realize that I haven't quite gotten to the line I drew in the sand several months ago what with the 2 nightclubs before going, but I'm ready to head towards that junkyard - I've pulled together my 2mil income per day. And really, if you have one nightclub, it's better to get it to level 2 than to break ground on the second anyways (phew that's a price tag).

This won't be a fast gain by any means. I am only hunting two buildings: lofts and level 7 laudromats; however, I wanted to put the word out so my fellow campers aren't taken by surprise. My apologies in advance if I clutter anyone's empire times and my thanks to anyone who leaves their lofts out for the taking!

I will be following you path in a month or three.

deuces
02-18-2012, 06:56 AM
theres some levels of collection agencies and empire theaters you can rob as well duder, i'm too stoned/tired to remember which ones tho :) maybe level 4 collection agencies and level 3 or 4+ empires. Also dont be alarmed when you sometimes get only 10 respect for a loft hit, range for level 1 is 10-13.

Tramp Stamp
02-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Level 6 Laundromat can also pay 3:1 but obviously not as often as level 7. Will be interesting to see the arms races of you versus other campers with Lofts and %50k+ income.

JJY824
02-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Just wondering, what level are you? i'm currently lvl 25. I don't know when to continue to level again. i'm considering waiting til my theaters are level 10, but that seems like a really long time from now....
Currently have like level 3 lofts, level 6 movie theaters.

Tramp Stamp
02-18-2012, 08:07 PM
I'll put it this way: at level 70, $10k/hr is still above average.

Swifty
02-19-2012, 03:04 AM
At level 114, I still see many incomes less than $10k/hour.

Often times, these are combined with large numbers of robberies won.

These latter people are committed to an "econ-less" approach to the game.

duder
02-19-2012, 10:47 AM
@JJY824
I'm level 11 (was level 10 when I posted). I'm pretty much planning on leveling from here to lvl30 from robbing the aforementioned buildings, then adding xp from mission looting into the mix. Unless you're going for a super-camp strategy, you should probably keep leveling until you can hit that junkyard - a 20-40k/hr econ can sustain you pretty well.

If you are going for a big bucket of camptasm, well, it's a bit harder to decide where the good place to stop is. I went with getting a nightclub down. My goal was to be able to pull down ~2m in collections per day - a number that is somewhat arbitrary but is just a bit over the cost of a full set of the top mafia unlock equips. If you're angling for nightclubs I'd say it's probably worth it once you have lvl 7 mt's and lvl 5 lofts - that's around the point where the ROI on the nightclub is slightly better than either the MT or the loft.

Lasic
02-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Duder you're insane :) I started thinking different about the game after reading your in-depht guide to hood economics, started a spreadsheet and I even created a new char at my old ipod touch to test it all from the beginning :) my goal was to camp, but after 3 weeks and having about 100k/day I've had it and started lvling slowly. I'm tougher than 95% people I meet, I keep hundreds of thousands dollars in hand and it's pretty safe. The game is fun now, I lvled to 20 in like 10 days.
I need to ask you, what's your goal? To be a legendary, indestructible one? You have been camping for over the year right? I admire your determination, but is it really that fun just to sit and wait for cash to grow? Or maybe you got 2 devices, one to camp and one 100+ to enjoy? Best regards and thanks once again for your contribution to this forum!

Nolefan
02-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Duder, TS et al,
Could you guys explain for a noobie, is there a respect/energy spreadsheet for robbing somewhere? Are you going to rob exclusively or fight also? I see threads from upper level players saying most RP for completing higher level fight goals. Thanks.

CC Look at you now 953 649 472
MW Luke 605 846 266

Tramp Stamp
02-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Could you guys explain for a noobie, is there a respect/energy spreadsheet for robbing somewhere?

Check the Misc tab of the money buildings spreadsheet for respect:exp payouts.

Lars
02-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Nolefan: Take a look at http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?14901-Respect-the-buildings-you-rob!!!

Tramp Stamp
02-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Nolefan: Take a look at http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?14901-Respect-the-buildings-you-rob!!!

That thread is out of date. Respect and exp payouts have changed since then.

Lars
02-20-2012, 08:22 AM
That thread is out of date. Respect and exp payouts have changed since then.
O well, must update my bookmarks.

brutus beefcake
02-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Someone had i guide that i went by for at least 50 levels where you basically rob buildings with good respect ratios while maximizing economy with constant building construction and upgrades. After i hit 150k an hour i started eliminating short hour collection buildings and started focusing on getting my hood looking better. Its still fun for me and for my level i'm in the top 5% strength wise

Nolefan
02-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks TS. Potentially stupid question (although i tell my students that there are no stupid questions but there are many inquisitive idiots), what is the defense column of that spreadsheet?

Tramp Stamp
02-20-2012, 06:06 PM
what is the defense column of that spreadsheet?

Unknown. I included it because there was interest.

qwert2969
02-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Why are you only targeting lofts and level 7 laundromats??????

Tramp Stamp
02-20-2012, 06:52 PM

Level 7 Laundromats have a 2.85:1 or something respect to exp ratio. Loft's base is 3.5:1.

qwikster
02-20-2012, 07:20 PM

hey bud... go easy on the font size.

emcee
02-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Is this one of the seven signs of the apocalypse. Duder has stopped camping. OMG! The world is coming to an end.

deuces
02-21-2012, 05:03 AM
You should blog on your progression/observations in here imo duder :)

Swifty
02-21-2012, 05:59 AM
I would read that blog.

duder
02-21-2012, 08:53 AM
I guess I can post some observations as I progress, though I can't imagine they'll be that interesting.

Anyways, a few quick updates:

My Stats
Level = 12
Income = 103,172 per hour
Attack = 1,733 (28.9 per mob)
Defense listed = 2,343
Defense from equips = 1754 (29.2 per mob)
Cash on hand = 12,309,293 (saving for lvl 2 nightclub)
RP on hand = 1,662

Fights won = 340
Fights lost = 15
Robberies won = 280
Robberies lost = 1

I've had a decent amount of success robbing over the past couple of days. I've been surprised by a couple things:
1) There are a lot of folks with lofts! It's great! At this point I'd estimate around 5% of the hoods that I pass through have at least one level 1 loft.
2) Folks are not timely in their collections. Over the weekend I'd say about 30-50% of the time lofts had not been collected timely.
3) There seem to be quite a few folks who likely are not aware of the issues with building defenses. I ran across one hood that many level 6+ watchtowers - the listed defense was ~3k. But with a listed attack of ~300, there wasn't really a reason to hesistate. I managed to take 4 successful loft robberies home.
4) Lots of folks have overlooked the tennis racket melee equip (1/4 costs $1,000). As part of a public service, I've been letting folks know about it (after I rob them).

I'm pursuing a plan to expand my hood area as long as the cost stays under 1 day's worth of income. Overall I'm expecting a stunted economic growth as I invest in equips (sg's and blast helmets are the bulk of my cost right now) and land expansion.

At this point the strongest guy I've seen had ~3k+ atk & def at level 12. The guy is a monster! Lots of gold equips rounding out an inventory balanced with good non-gold equips. Most of the gold equips he has won't be replaced (crushers, etc.) Not only that, but he's also a camper - lofts are already up with an income in the 30k range. I, um, decided not to rob his hood... and, well, I think he's in my mafia now (I think because I can't freaking find anyone anymore!)