PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with some insight

G Wiz
02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Considering my unique situation, I was considering dumping a lot of skill points into defense (along with stam and energy of course) instead of attack because on my last profile I didn't see much effectiveness with dividing equally between attack and defense.

What do you guys suggest?

Joe Brown1
02-16-2012, 01:58 PM
That is what I have been doing for the last 3 levels. My theory is that I can control who I attack and can always ensure a winning match up if I pick well. Being attacked and defending is a different story.

G Wiz
02-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Essentially, you are focusing on attacks and coupling it with a methodic approach to whomever you decide to attack; definately a good strategy.

My only concern with defense was that there is such a thick line between a successful defend and a failed one, that maybe dumping the skill points strictly to defense would allow me to "thin the line".

qwikster
02-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Essentially, you are focusing on attacks and coupling it with a methodic approach to whomever you decide to attack; definately a good strategy.

My only concern with defense was that there is such a thick line between a successful defend and a failed one, that maybe dumping the skill points strictly to defense would allow me to "thin the line".

an argument can be made that defense points are easier to accumulate through other means such as constructing defense buildings and buying weapons (esp armor). the same cannot be said for attack points.

Dorian Gray
02-16-2012, 03:53 PM
What's up G, good luck with the reset.

I have a feeling defense might be worth it this time for you. I think the one of the main reasons people think defense points were/are a waste is because you eventually get to the point where you will be getting attacked by players so much higher in level than you that there's nothing you can do to fight them off.

The thing is you might never run into that issue, assuming they keep raising the bar as the HL demographic fills out.

Just some food for thought.

Dorian Gray
02-16-2012, 03:59 PM
an argument can be made that defense points are easier to accumulate through other means such as constructing defense buildings and buying weapons (esp armor). the same cannot be said for attack points.

Good point though sometimes I get the feeling you are a Defense Building Contractor. ;)

Nudie
02-16-2012, 05:56 PM
My advice would be to not waste a single point on defense. As someone already mentioned, there will always be someone (many someones) stronger than you who will overwhelm whatever defense you have. Put everything into attack because you get to choose whom to attack/rob. The more successful attack/robs you get, the stronger you get.

Swifty
02-16-2012, 05:59 PM
+1 to Nudie's advice

Tramp Stamp
02-16-2012, 06:14 PM

Counterargument: explosives. While, of course, there are defensive explosives, they are much more difficult to cost control.

G Wiz
02-16-2012, 06:28 PM
So if im understanding right;

defense= there will always be someone greater, so why bother.

attack= along with choosing fights, one will also be more successful.

I want to put faith in defense buildings, but they feel like gigantic security blankey's. Yea I can sleep good at night, but when I wake up my hood would have been anally sodomized with a bloody mayhem lol

Preciate the info tho forum!

qwikster
02-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Counterargument: explosives. While, of course, there are defensive explosives, they are much more difficult to cost control.

you bring up a good point. explosives tend to favor attack points for the reason you mentioned. however, even defense explosives can be managed effectively if you have a decent base defense stat as well as a strong economy to either buy in surplus or replace consumed explosives.

Bruiser
02-16-2012, 06:37 PM
G,

Don't waste your time with Attack/Defence points. You know why buddy ;)

JimmyShines
02-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Don't waste points on defense, as you already know, there will always be someone that will k-i-c-k ur a-s-s, best to concentrate on your targets, all of it into attack is your best move.

Tramp Stamp
02-16-2012, 06:44 PM
you bring up a good point. explosives tend to favor attack points for the reason you mentioned. however, even defense explosives can be managed effectively if you have a decent base defense stat as well as a strong economy to either buy in surplus or replace consumed explosives.

Counter-counter argument: there are currently a total of 649 points available to either attack or defense. Assuming one were to stack all into a single category, he'd have an extra 6490 attack or defense. That would certainly help, but it's not a game changer. Meanwhile you can't do anything because you have no energy or stam.

G Wiz
02-16-2012, 06:58 PM
lol dang ignorance sure was bliss before I knew these thing around sept 2011.

Chironex
02-16-2012, 07:23 PM
So if im understanding right;

defense= there will always be someone greater, so why bother.

attack= along with choosing fights, one will also be more successful.

I want to put faith in defense buildings, but they feel like gigantic security blankey's. Yea I can sleep good at night, but when I wake up my hood would have been anally sodomized with a bloody mayhem lol

Preciate the info tho forum!

As you know, if you could maintain an average gain of 5 rp per stam, it would still take you about 2 years to fill out end game rp equipment(quicker for enforcers/goodfellas). Question you have to ask yourself, 'How long do I think I will play the game'. That will ultimately answer how you should play the game and what stats to put into. If you only thinking 6 months prob...then yea maybe go all out attack or still could do rp but get all mid tier items instead.

Im pro respect so imo I would max out stamina @ 7-8 hours first (to take advantage of levelling refills) depending how long you sleep and what class you are then work on energy which will prob be in time for the m4s. By adding to stam or energy first especially in the earlier levels, it has certainly helped in that I don't feel the need to constantly get back to the game just to ensure i have not wasted energy/stam when the bar is full.

I think you should consider how much impact your skill points would really add to your attack...i honestly think its not that much by the time you reach HL and get ppl with 50-100k attack and defense especially when it will be at the expense of not having as much rp items. I read 2 differing calculations on multipliers, first is that it is .1 per level and second is that its a flat 10% extra. (someone pls correct me if i’m wrong) So if you put all into attack you end up with:

200 levels *3 skill points per level+(0.1)multiplier = 6600 added attack.

200 levels *3 skill points per level*(200*.1)multiplier = 12,000 added attack.

This is assuming you don’t add any skill points at all into stam or energy which is unlikely (also haven’t taken mission added skills into account). If you do this, you will have very little stam for rp which will impact on your accumulation of rp items unless you plan to stick to your phone 24/7 to make sure the bar doesn’t fill (full bars annoy me).

Also everytime you level as u know all energy and stam gets refilled = more m4a1/rp. I'm currently on 1020/168 and am planning to increase that to maybe 9 hrs of each. I'm finding that the longer I play this game, whilst i still enjoy it, the more beneficial I find having the convenience of not having to constantly log in to use energy/stam. I did 'waste' 7 skill points on attack because I was not clear on my strategy and on the game mechanics at the beginning.

I know this sounds very pro respect but thats my strat anyway. In the long run RP will be better hands down but you will have to understand that it will take 1 year before you reap most of the benefits. Depending on which multiplier is really utilised and understanding that Funzio can change this at any time, adding to attack skill may be better for the shorter term player.

Thats just my 2 cents, im no pro like TS. Just trying to contribute back to a forum that has educated me with much more.

Fricco
02-16-2012, 08:10 PM
I can see valid points from both sides,
i guess the question to ask one self is, how do i benefit most from RP ?
PvP or Robbing, i personally try to dump my points to stamina and attk.
I agree with the explosive suggestions posted, attk is easier to acquire
but with in game cash there are more weapons suited to give you better DEF that arent
going to cut into your econ.

A positive to take away from previous playing is you know the amount of
energy needed to farm a decent amount per day, so this shouldnt influence you decision
when you begin to lean more on which skill.

Thats my perspective, GL G

K@le
02-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Hey G i dont trust those defense points anymore after what happend with the defense buildings.
I think atk points are better because when everybody put so much into defense nobody could rob another anymore and then the game slowly dies.
Funzio changes everytime all the figures so people with low atk can keep robbing people with high defense.
My tip is put in atk thats what Funzio wants so those points would be the best .....thats my idea but who am i !

Joe Brown1
02-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Don't waste points on defense, as you already know, there will always be someone that will k-i-c-k ur a-s-s, best to concentrate on your targets, all of it into attack is your best move.

Adding points to def not to protetc against everyone - point has been made that there will always be someone who can k-i-c-k ur a-s-s - the gaol is to thin that group and also make sure you don't lose the fights you shouldn't. I have 386 m4's, def of 20K mostly mafia based (we all know the value of ef bldgs) and still managed to lose to a player with 15K att. Either my entire mafia was wasted (strong chance) or skill points have a major impact. I can't figure it out otherwise. Thus - builidng a strong alotment of def skill - I already have enough energy and stamina for my playing style , so . . .:cool:

Max Power
02-17-2012, 09:05 AM
While I undderstand that adding defense skill points might not prevent everybody from robbing you, it can help prevent the majority from doing so. Sometimes it can buy you the extra 15 minutes to collect if you are stuck in a meeting, or out of a wireless zone or something. A wall of green is better than a wall of red.

That and you can choose whom to attack makes me lean towards defense. Also, robs are weighted in your favor anyway, and since you can choose who you attack......I like all the different styles being advocated. It makes the game more fun.

bredo2
02-17-2012, 01:30 PM
i dont see any use of defence whatsoever really. There will always be someone to grab your buildings with 70k+ attack. Just try to loot your buildings on time, and dont keep heaps of cash on hand, and you wont need any defence. I have soon 300 in attack skill points and i rarely lose a robbery 20k above me (ie i have 40k attack and they have 60k def). At lvl 160 atm with 290 in attack, 15 in def, 1200 energy and 55 stam.

Swifty
02-17-2012, 01:41 PM
If it is 10 attack per attack point, then 290 attack points = +2900 attack. That is a little over 7% on a total of 40k. Or is my math wrong?

Does 7% make that much difference? Does 7% mean you win 7% more fights?

I am not saying it does not make a difference, I am just trying to understand how it does.