PDA

View Full Version : FREE GOLD FOR FORUM USERS MEGA COMPETITION

Joeycool
02-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Sez's Crime City Scholarship

For those of you who may not know, Crime City legend, Sez, recently gave me a free $20 itunes gift certificate. For those of you who didn't know about this, and want the full story, have a quick look at this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20040-50-hours-and-39-boxes-later....

For those of you that cant be bothered to read that... this came about by me jokingly asking Sez to lend me $20. Sez told me he was a little busy at work but he would sort me out after his meetings.

Now imagine my surprise when I got a PM from Sez containing the code for a lovely, brand spanking new $20 itunes voucher!

Now to put this in perspective... I don't know Sez. Only from this forum. So this was a random act of kindness, essentially from a stranger! Of course I couldn't really accept this gift. So over a couple of personal messages me and Sez have decided what we are going to do with this voucher.

We are going to give it away to one of you lot!

Here is how.

Comment on this thread and tell us why you deserve the $20. Simple. Best answer wins!

One catch though... this is only open to the forum members who lost out on getting the sig in the recent event... we will check! So no lying right!!

Get commenting and win courtesy of all round great guy, and my friend, Sez!

whocareswhatmynameis
02-16-2012, 12:45 PM
I KNEW YOU TWO WERE UPTO SOMETHING... GOOD

Joey Cool and I have our own "promotion" for you. It was his idea so I will let him break it down but maybe it will help 1 of you out.

Sez

does it have something to do with itunes gift card? :cool:

i applaud your initiative :)

Swifty
02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
I do not deserve it.

nappyface
02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
I think G Wiz deserves the $20. Not sure I would have the patience to start from scratch again.

greeneyes
02-16-2012, 01:00 PM
$20, you call him CC legend.
$100 you call him dad.
poor you.

Joeycool
02-16-2012, 01:09 PM
I must say... I'm surprised at the haters on here already.

Me and Sez thought it would be a nice community spirited thing to do to.

K@le
02-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Nice move from you guys i did read that topic yesterday hahaha, i got my SIG so my vote go's for G Wiz this poor guy deserves to be back at the top asap !!!

Royal Flush
02-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Joey if somebody offers you something you should take it lol ;) G Wiz probably needs it most, he lost his hood & couldn't get the sig either ....unlucky guy.

erik
02-16-2012, 01:14 PM
I think its awesome. WTG guys, and WTG sez for the initial gift. Classy.

Amber_
02-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Aw this is so sweet of you guys! :)
Don't understand why some ppl are such haters.. I hope someone gets it that haven't spent gold on the game except for this event. I know there are a few. They will probably appreciate it the most :)

Royal Flush
02-16-2012, 01:17 PM
I think it is a nice offer for the community so hat off to you both, I'm sure there will be somebody who'll appreciate it ... The forum can't be completely full of wankers!

Holicaholic
02-16-2012, 01:23 PM
if I get the $20 gift certificate I promise to bring about change to the forums! I promise to stop the spam! To make our voices more heard to Funzio! I promise to bring about the demise of Payam (j/k CCMark, please don't ban me :( )!

I promise to bring about change to the hoods I represent! To bring fine dining establishments like Pirate Taverns for families, and Carousels for the children! I will shovel all the pr0n spam into Gentlemen's Clubs where it belongs!

But most of all, if I get this gift card, I will NOT STOP PLAYING, I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL EVERYONE IN THE HOODS I REPRESENT ARE HAPPY WITH THEIR STANDARD OF LIVING, AND ARE NOT BEING ATTACKED LEFT AND RIGHT BY MY RIVALS!!!

/speech

Swifty
02-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Joey, you are a cool guy, but how can you be surprised about the haters?

They always come out of the woodwork.

Never let down your guard.

qwikster
02-16-2012, 01:26 PM
if I get the $20 gift certificate I promise to bring about change to the forums! I promise to stop the spam! To make our voices more heard to Funzio! I promise to bring about the demise of Payam (j/k CCMark, please don't ban me :( )!

I promise to bring about change to the hoods I represent! To bring fine dining establishments like Pirate Taverns for families, and Carousels for the children! I will shovel all the pr0n spam into Gentlemen's Clubs where it belongs!

But most of all, if I get this gift card, I will NOT STOP PLAYING, I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL EVERYONE IN THE HOODS I REPRESENT ARE HAPPY WITH THEIR STANDARD OF LIVING, AND ARE NOT BEING ATTACKED LEFT AND RIGHT BY MY RIVALS!!!

/speech

you left out something important from your speech... that you would strive day and night to bring about world peace :)

Fig Oni
02-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Joey where in uk you from

Always knew Sez was a STAR.

I think we should make or setup our own crime city forum that way conzio spy's won't be around to bother us and it be members only who can view post and you need to get a invite from a mod to be a member of the forum.
What I see they done to G Wiz has got me shocked that why I don't mind verbally abusing anyone affiliated to conzio.

Royal Flush
02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Right, having an opinion means being a "wanker". Good logical thought there.

Now I see why people spend so much time on these forums......

I actually put my reply as you posted so wasn't commenting on your post specifically due to me not even seeing it.

Holicaholic
02-16-2012, 01:40 PM

I think we should make or setup our own crime city forum that way conzio spy's won't be around to bother us and it be members only who can view post and you need to get a invite from a mod to be a member of the forum.
What I see they done to G Wiz has got me shocked that why I don't mind verbally abusing anyone affiliated to conzio.

.....so what happened to G Wiz now?

Joe Brown1
02-16-2012, 01:41 PM
This great guys - you two give sleezy, greedy criminals who would kill their muthas for a buck a bad name. But serious, I would love the twenty bucks to spend on my hood but I gotta vote for G Wiz. Starting over has got to seriously bite and he has always helped out around here. Time to support our peep.:cool:

Nicholost
02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
I will play.

So the story goes like this. Things have been a little tight at work with the whole economy thing and all. My company has made some cutbacks to save a few pennies and we've all shared in the fallout. It began with them turning down the heat, downgrading from soft and fluffy toilet paper to extra coarse, and asking employees to not only pay for the coffee grounds for the coffee maker, but chip in for a new coffee maker since they sold the company one to help pay the utility bill. Anyway, it's so bad that we fired our cleaning crew and toilet paper refilling is done by fellow employees.

So I'm in there doing my 3 o'clock and realize a little too late that Edwardo, a 2 o'clock man, depleted the roll, and in an act of anti-selflessness, failed to restock. Bastard. I look down, no socks under these saddles today. I look behind me in hopes of seeing one of many classy adult magazines that get left behind by previous occupants, but no; we sold all those to one of the neighborhood kids to help pay the internet bill. I check the pockets of my pants down by my ankles and find my keys and wallet. Keys maybe? Nope, they're only slightly better than the extra coarse I've become accustom to and not as effective. Wallet? I hope not. That was a gift from my girlfriend and my initials are stamped into the leather. Kinda hard to be discrete with the evidence when the evidence has your name on it. Wallet contents? One well-worn $20 bill that smelled like dirty strip club.

So that's how I lost the $20 I was going to use to buy gold from Funzio. I would love to replenish that lost money. I promise it will go to Funzio gold. The digital form pretty much ensures I cannot repeat my previous mistake.

For the record, I got 9 diamonds. I tried, but never could get that 10th bugger.

Cheers,
Nicholost

greeneyes
02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
hard to know what this monkey think. why don't you just quit, want to wait till funzio kick monkey ass don't you ?

greeneyes
02-16-2012, 01:44 PM

hard to know what this monkey think. why don't you just quit, want to wait till funzio kick monkey ass don't you ?

Royal Flush
02-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Generalization or not. Calling someone something for having an opinion is pure ethnocentrism.

Well MY opinion is that someone who doesn't appreciate somebody trying to be nice is a wanker .... Stop trolling

Joeycool
02-16-2012, 01:46 PM

Yeah Sez is sound... all round nice guy! Did some great work and sharing with us all when the mossberg hunt was on too if you remember that?

I'm From Manchester... but I'm currently living and working in Sheffield

greeneyes
02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
nope, he is one of mossberg hunters & a final loser in that thread. the only one who share good info about mossberg (unfortunately none of the *******s like you remember) is allha...

the only reason you called him STAR or LEGEND is ... $20. With $100 you call him dad...

Royal Flush
02-16-2012, 01:50 PM
I will play.

So the story goes like this. Things have been a little tight at work with the whole economy thing and all. My company has made some cutbacks to save a few pennies and we've all shared in the fallout. It began with them turning down the heat, downgrading from soft and fluffy toilet paper to extra coarse, and asking employees to not only pay for the coffee grounds for the coffee maker, but chip in for a new coffee maker since they sold the company one to help pay the utility bill. Anyway, it's so bad that we fired our cleaning crew and toilet paper refilling is done by fellow employees.

So I'm in there doing my 3 o'clock and realize a little too late that Edwardo, a 2 o'clock man, depleted the roll, and in an act of anti-selflessness, failed to restock. Bastard. I look down, no socks under these saddles today. I look behind me in hopes of seeing one of many classy adult magazines that get left behind by a previous occupants, but no; we sold all those to one of the neighborhood kids to help pay the internet bill. I check the pockets of my pants down by my ankles and find my keys and wallet. Keys maybe? Nope, they're only slightly better than the extra coarse I've become accustom to and not as effective. Wallet? I hope not. That was a gift from my girlfriend and my initials are stamped into the leather. Kinda hard to be discrete with the evidence when the evidence has your name on it. Wallet contents? One well-worn $20 bill that smelled like dirty strip club.

So that's how I lost the $20 I was going to use to buy gold from Funzio. I would love to replenish that lost money. I promise it will go to Funzio gold. The digital form pretty much ensures I cannot repeat my previous mistake.

Cheers,
Nicholost

Lol very compelling story

Rocky35
02-16-2012, 01:50 PM
give it to g wiz, or the girls on here who didnt get the sig.

Royal Flush
02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Meh, trolling is fun though.

That's why you've been banned 6 times & have to keep on creating new accounts!

willydpooh
02-16-2012, 02:01 PM
If I get that 20 bucks, promise I will never spend that gold, since that will be my first and last anyway, so make it last =)

Fig Oni
02-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah Sez is sound... all round nice guy! Did some great work and sharing with us all when the mossberg hunt was on too if you remember that?

I'm From Manchester... but I'm currently living and working in Sheffield

I vote myself out of this competition as I only posted cause I really like the gesture.
To be honest my goal was to get up to the golden m4, which I did so it was a successful event for me.
Also when the event started I needed around $5million in 60hour so I could build my second condo. To my relief I manage that as "I want to get my money right before I go to war" lol
Now I'll be camping at lvl 110 for a few weeks. I leveled up way too fast.

Fig Oni
02-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Why would you want to put money into something that you know to be broken?

Replying to your own post LOL. There only one person who has multiple personality disorder on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Burn
02-16-2012, 02:24 PM
I want $20 to buy a gift for one of the lovely ladies that frequent this forum...

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-9918-6171-Groomsman-Mustache-Trimmer/dp/B00009RF1E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329430949&sr=8-2

corbbb
02-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Well I've never spent my own money on gold, don't ever plan to. Have used tapjoy for some, but i'd love to buy a money building or two to help out da hood:P Oh and yes, I did not get the sig. Only 4 diamonds and thousands and thousands of money spent in the game haha. So ****, i'd love to have some gold to actually be able to buy things with.

Nudie
02-16-2012, 02:46 PM
We all all kinds on the forum don't we?

Ghost818
02-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I also think G Wiz should get it poor guy got reset it's the least we the people could do.
We the people.
For the people.
By the people.

Ghost818
02-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Wow, I too am surprised with the result of this thread. I thought I politely opted out of the generous offer simply because I don't feel deserving. I hope I'm not grouped in with all those people being called wankers.

It would be cool to see someone deserving get it.

(P.S.: I'm not 100% sure, but didn't G Wiz get something like 1500 gold back? I thought I read that somewhere. Just sayin')
You are comparing months of gametime/alarms/ups and down with a measly 1500 ($100)? which he willingly spent obviously if he is being reset they would have to refund him, hey if anyone deserves it it would be G Wiz IMHO

Synergy
02-16-2012, 03:05 PM
I think it's cool as hell. A random act of kindness and generosity from a guy who can probably afford it, in order to help out a forum member he hardly knows. Thats good karma right there. Ive got a couple $15 iTunes gift cards somewhere in this house. IF I'm able to find them, I'll contribute as well. I know there's some on here who need and would appreciate them more than myself. **** the haters. If it's not "enough money for your time" or you don't want to participate, then just keep it to yourself. And the guy that said nothing ever comes for free, or something similar to that...well that's just not true. In real life, at least once a week I try to give to someone who looks like they're in need and would appreciate it.

Fricco
02-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Damn this is an awesome gesture, well done Gents !
If it helps G get back to the upper rankings where he was
im all for giving it to him.

Crime City Mark
02-16-2012, 03:24 PM
This is a really cool event! I just wanted to note that due to taxes you wouldn't be able to buy a $20 gold or cash package, which is a common situation with gift card spenders.

qwikster
02-16-2012, 03:39 PM
i vote G Wiz!

K@le
02-16-2012, 03:40 PM
This is a really cool event! I just wanted to note that due to taxes you wouldn't be able to buy a $20 gold or cash package, which is a common situation with gift card spenders.

Maybe you can fill the gap :)

Yahkin
02-16-2012, 03:46 PM
I did not get any diamonds!!! Of course, I only play HD and haven't had a chance at any yet. :)

rube
02-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I'll take it, my economy sucks and could use some upgrading.

nycpizzalover
02-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey JoeyCool and Sez: nice gesture on both your parts.....thumbs up to both of you :cool:

Brent
02-16-2012, 04:42 PM
I would love the $20 itunes gift card because i had 9 diamonds in the last two days and didnt get the sig after :(. I also would like the $20 because i would like to buy some buildings for my hood because i want a better economy. I would REALLY be thankful and well appreciated if i get it. But if i dont, i tryed, so good luck to you all.

You and Sez are both very kind and generous guys from doing this. Thank you to both of you guys.

Babytway
02-16-2012, 04:59 PM
if you don't give me the 20$ im gonna rob you for much much more.

Ohaithere
02-16-2012, 06:13 PM
I read this yesterday and it only enforced what I thought about sez (and other long stnding formmmembers), I have a huge amount respect for both of you, sez for giving and joey for not keeping, I didn't get the sig, I was stuck on seven diamonds wit two days to spare when my cc app managed to disappear and I could only get on cchd. I do not want the 20 dollars though, I think twos should get the money as he was reset yet he continues to play and he can ow warn us about future threats (including himself) anyways, thanks guys

Poll?

Ohaithere
02-16-2012, 06:19 PM
WORLD PEACE! On a side note, this is restoring my faith somewhat n these forums after I thought it was declining after the mass ban and that jj witch hunt. This thread was aimed at getting everyone involved in trying to sell themselves (not in a bad way) to get the gold, but instead has shown everyone (mostly) uniting in their support for g wiz, I think it's great, thx guys

nycpizzalover
02-16-2012, 06:22 PM
if you don't give me the 20$ im gonna rob you for much much more.

Babytway gets my vote.....she scares me with that statement :p :p :p :cool:

JimmyShines
02-16-2012, 06:42 PM
G Wiz all the way, he deserves it,

Bruiser
02-16-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't need the $20 im happy to have wasted 600g on nothing lol but give it to G Wiz, if that happened to me i would be sooo pissed.

G Wiz
02-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Wow!!!!
Guys yall are a rare bunch no doubt about it! Thank you all for your great concern and empathy towards what has happened!

Yea I was unable to get my sig, but I'm sure I will be able to get back up there some day. As someone did say, I did get my gold refunded back from day 1, so I would feel uneasy taking more gold as is!

But Joey and Sez I think its really cool about what you guys are doing and I hope that someone who gets it deserves it!

Mastermind
02-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Great gesture guys. This is why I love this forum. My vote is for G wiz, even though he thinks he doesn't deserve it. If not G, then mybe some consideration for Tramp. Nobody has helped my game more and as far as I know he is a non-gold player.

Gaming Will
02-16-2012, 09:11 PM
I'll go with G Wiz too. I'm new to the forum and have thoroughly enjoyed the friendly and supportive banter that goes on here. Oh, did I mention why I am new to the forum? Might give you a laugh! My game was "hacked". HONESTLY! If you see Yo Man around level 68 I think, read the comments left by "Angel". Anyhow, now with a new game I started over too. I spent a few $ on gold for the crates, but never found more than 6 or 7 lock boxes. Not many players had them and not enough energy to really do anything. I ended up with 4 diamonds, not too shabby. I could have found 0!

Anyway, way to go Sez and Joey!

slackerboy
02-16-2012, 10:00 PM
I agree G Wiz, very unfortunate turn of events, or TS for his contribution and insight to help everyone build a better economy.

But as CCM says:

Thus in the spirit of good faith and looking after your customers :)

Maybe Funzio would like to join this competition and take the top voted people and hold a raffle in there office and make the donation on there behalf.

Joeycool
02-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Great response on the whole to this. Thanks for getting involved! Is there any more takers before we decide on who gets the certificate?

Ohaithere
02-17-2012, 08:57 AM
You keep as there is no clear winner and you have made such an interesting thread? If g wiz does ot need, maybe ts for the huge economy weekly update thread he does? Or keep yourself for this thread?

jaywalker
02-17-2012, 09:00 AM
My vote is for TS, didn't read g wiz story. Based on economy updates and the spreadsheet :)

Holicaholic
02-17-2012, 09:09 AM
As much as I agree that Gwiz should get it because of what happened to him, he has already stated he shouldn't get it because Funzio gave him his gold back. Also, TS hasn't posted a reason for himself to get it. I acknowledge that both these people are more worthy candidates because of circumstances/contributions, but this isn't a nomination thread, is it?

Stitch
02-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Read that other thread as it was developing, and couldn't believe Sez followed through. Restores a little bit of my faith in humanity.

I hope a worthy candidate will (or has) reap the benefit of this user-based promo.

Tramp Stamp
02-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Don't give it to me. Not buying gold is a personal choice. I have ample funds to do so if I choose.

Brent
02-17-2012, 11:55 AM
I want the $20 or im gonna go to your hoods and rob u! ALOT! I need it because i didnt spend to much gold on this game also and would like to get some gold.

Joeycool
02-17-2012, 12:43 PM
You keep as there is no clear winner and you have made such an interesting thread? If g wiz does ot need, maybe ts for the huge economy weekly update thread he does? Or keep yourself for this thread?

Good plan Ohaithere! That is what I have decided to do. I'm going to spend the money on some good weapons and go attack Sez!

I'm joking of course!

Well we have our winner. PM sent!

Thanks for taking part all... sorry if we didn't choose you!

Bruiser
02-17-2012, 12:50 PM
You notifed the winner by PM...Cmon guys wheres the drumroll and big announcement? Dont let this fizzle it was a great idea by you guys!

Joeycool
02-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Cue Fanfare....

And the winner is....

I will play.

So I'm in there doing my 3 o'clock and realize a little too late that Edwardo, a 2 o'clock man, depleted the roll, and in an act of anti-selflessness, failed to restock. Bastard. I look down, no socks under these saddles today. I look behind me in hopes of seeing one of many classy adult magazines that get left behind by previous occupants, but no; we sold all those to one of the neighborhood kids to help pay the internet bill. I check the pockets of my pants down by my ankles and find my keys and wallet. Keys maybe? Nope, they're only slightly better than the extra coarse I've become accustom to and not as effective. Wallet? I hope not. That was a gift from my girlfriend and my initials are stamped into the leather. Kinda hard to be discrete with the evidence when the evidence has your name on it. Wallet contents? One well-worn $20 bill that smelled like dirty strip club.

For the record, I got 9 diamonds. I tried, but never could get that 10th bugger.

Cheers,
Nicholost

We thought this piece of genius was the best! It was a close one but you just took it.

Thanks to all those who took part.

Enjoy Nicolost!

Swifty
02-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Congratulations to Nicholost.

Nicholost
02-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Holy crap! I won! I actually won something. My GF has been calling me a loser for years.* Now look who's laughing.

High fives and hugs all around! This is rad. Sez and Joeycool, you fellas are top notch Crime City characters and even better human beings. Thank you both very much.

Alright fellow thugs and criminals, what gold items to spend it on? My personal vote goes to crates as those seem to be the best bang for the buck as far as items go, but I would not be opposed to money buildings. Let's hear it.

*For the record, I actually have a wife, not a GF. I didn't know how comfortable she'd be if I included her in my little story, so I changed her role to protect the innocent. Also, as far as I know, she doesn't hate me. She didn't really fall in love with my story, but she doesn't think I'm a loser, so mission accomplished.

Dorian Gray
02-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Holy crap! I won! I actually won something. My GF has been calling me a loser for years.* Now look who's laughing.

I'm laughing! Congrats

Tramp Stamp
02-17-2012, 01:54 PM
*For the record, I actually have a wife, not a GF. I didn't know how comfortable she'd be if I included her in my little story, so I changed her role to protect the innocent.

Nice try but she doesn't believe you. Have fun convincing her you aren't getting some on the side.

Nicholost
02-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Nice try but she doesn't believe you. Have fun convincing her you aren't getting some on the side.
Good point. She probably thinks I'm actually a male gigolo who gets paid in iTunes gift cards. The question has come up before.

Amber_
02-17-2012, 02:28 PM

High fives and hugs all around! This is rad. Sez and Joeycool, you fellas are top notch Crime City characters and even better human beings. Thank you both very much.

Alright fellow thugs and criminals, what gold items to spend it on? My personal vote goes to crates as those seem to be the best bang for the buck as far as items go, but I would not be opposed to money buildings. Let's hear it.

*For the record, I actually have a wife, not a GF. I didn't know how comfortable she'd be if I included her in my little story, so I changed her role to protect the innocent. Also, as far as I know, she doesn't hate me. She didn't really fall in love with my story, but she doesn't think I'm a loser, so mission accomplished.

Congrats! Laughed hard when i red your little story :P
btw, you have a PM!

OG Kush
02-17-2012, 04:41 PM
I got 9 diamonds. Spent $25 on gold I would love some money back. Thanks guys.

Joeycool
02-18-2012, 04:15 AM
I got 9 diamonds. Spent $25 on gold I would love some money back. Thanks guys.

See post 66 OG. You are too late Its already been given out.