PDA

View Full Version : Good job, Funzio

Holicaholic
02-16-2012, 05:38 AM
Up until last week I have been a no -gold player. Heck I didn't even use the first of my gold that Funzio gave me till I was level 75 or so. I did ok for a while and then started doing really well when I came here and learned a few things. But I digress.

Then the lockbox event happened. I figured, "eh, what the heck? Might as well drop a couple bucks and get the Sig." $60 later (I know not much to some people, but remember I haven't bought gold for anything else but this) and no Sig. Was stuck on 9th diamond for 2 out of my 3 $20 gold purchases, so for 48 lock boxes I got NO diamonds. I realize, also, that this pales in comparison to the streaks some people had, but this is MY rage topic dammit, make your own :P

So good job, funzio. I was planning, before the event, to drop some money on this game later on to get better buildings. I'd like to think that after I got gold once it would be easier to justify it in my head and I would continue purchasing some. After spending money and getting next to nothing in return I have no desire to spend money on your game again. So good job losing a customer. I feel used, can you at least buy me breakfast?

Swifty
02-16-2012, 06:23 AM
I need to borrow your rage topic to thank you for supporting the game.

And could you forum veterans that are tired of reading this please add me to your ignore list?

whocareswhatmynameis
02-16-2012, 06:34 AM
@holicaholic: as i wrote in another thread, this was a huge cash cow for FUNZIO. i doubt people will make the same mistake again. fool me once...

Swifty
02-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Plenty of people have been fooled more than once.

Me included.

Royal Flush
02-16-2012, 06:54 AM
I think Funzio have confused cash flow with cash cow

Holicaholic
02-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Well, they won't be getting any more money from me. Not unless they find a way to rectify this situation.

Dorian Gray
02-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Well, they won't be getting any more money from me. Not unless they find a way to rectify this situation.

Rectify what situation - The fact you decided to gamble and didn't win??

"eh, what the heck? Might as well drop a couple bucks and get the Sig."

What gave you the impression dropping a few bucks would guarantee getting the sig?
Look, I'm sorry you spent money and didn't get the gun, that really sucks.
I just think you're not thinking straight because you're angry at the game for not giving you the gun, yourself for giving in and buying gold, and now probably me for pointing this out.

Tramp Stamp
02-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Fool me twice, well...never get fooled again. YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH.

Royal Flush
02-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Fool me twice, well...never get fooled again. YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH.

Whatever happened to the insightful Tranp Stamp lol

Klax
02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
As bad as it seems, we were never given the exact probabilities of obtaining each diamond. All they said was that as you progressed it would be significantly harder but you still had a chance. For all we know the 10th diamonds probability could have been a 1% chance. Regardless, everyone still had a chance.

K@le
02-16-2012, 01:19 PM

What gave you the impression dropping a few bucks would guarantee getting the sig?
I just think you're not thinking straight because you're angry at the game for not giving you the gun, yourself for giving in and buying gold, and now probably me for pointing this out.

I was also very frustrated not getting the damn gun, woke up a few times last night and try to open a lockbox in my sleep WTF ! what was i doing, then 3 min before event ending i bought some gold and got my last diamond pfff 1 big smile on my face and al worries where gone.
Bought more gold to buy some lovely crates and pumped my stats with a few more points..
I do understand why you are angry but you did make the gamble yourself so dont ask a refund now thats not fair...

Burn
02-16-2012, 02:11 PM
^
What he said

Synergy
02-16-2012, 03:42 PM

I was angrier last night and not thinking as clearly when I made a few posts, but I'm still not 100% ok with how things went, and this is why. Yes, I knew I was spending gold with no 100% gaurantee that I would get the sig (but with over 800 gold you would def expect to), yes I knew I was taking a chance. The problem I have is that your chances of getting diamonds decrease more and more as you collect them, and your desire to get the sig obviously goes up as it gets closer to your reach (making you want to do whatever possible to achieve your goal...which means crazy profits for them).

Something about profiting off of people's false hopes when they never knew how difficult it was going to be, how much their chances would decrease as they progressed, etc...etc...bothers me. I might be a bit biased because it almost reminds me of loansharks or dope dealer type practices of profiting, no matter what the cost of their customers through some shady ways which I have a little experience with (and that makes me sick nowadays). If everyone had known a little more about the mechanics of the event and how much your chances of successfully opening boxes and getting diamonds went down as you got more, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much. I would NEVER go as far as to ask for a refund or anything like that because like I said, I knew the chances were not 100%. I just think the way it was set up was a bit unethical. I dunno just my opinion.

qwikster
02-16-2012, 03:47 PM
@Synergy:

you have stats to kill for (att/def 36K/57K, income/hr: 817K).

that's your consolation!!!

Swifty
02-16-2012, 03:52 PM
If they run the HD event the same way, then everyone will know what they are getting into.

Synergy
02-16-2012, 04:05 PM
@Synergy:

you have stats to kill for (att/def 36K/57K, income/hr: 817K).

that's your consolation!!!

lol the actual defense isn't anywhere near that, due to the fact that I have 32 BG buildings and almost all are lvl 10. I can still beat most on my rival list, but as far as comparing my stats to others around my level...that's just about commonplace now, with the income being the exception. It is a good bit higher than most. And even a lot of those level 135+ are getting really strong now. The crates are a big reason for that. It's making a big difference.