PDA

View Full Version : Lockbox event past end time but still going.

CounterSniper
02-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Timer reached zero and now says ending "soon". The boxes are still available to open. For how long, I wonder.

xclusiv
02-16-2012, 12:04 AM
until you relaunch the app

Alice
02-16-2012, 12:05 AM
lockboxes are gone...

CounterSniper
02-16-2012, 12:06 AM
until you relaunch the app

Doh!

Guess I will never relaunch app again....ever.

CounterSniper
02-16-2012, 12:06 AM
lockboxes are gone...

I still got em.

downrange
02-16-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm curious too. My guesses are:
- one additional hour (for stragglers perhaps, but mostly for folks that may have been spending gold in a hurried frenzy at the final timer, and who Funzio thinks might still be willing to keep rolling the dice)
- one additional lockbox (probably to handle a possible edge case - someone who spent gold hitting the reset timer at the last possible second)
- until you log out

I started the event late, ended up with only 6 diamonds and sure wouldn't mind number 7 to at least get a Golden M4 A1. I'll find out very late into the first hour, if it lasts that long.

Regarding the event overall:
I'm actually hoping to find that most players didn't get the Sig. Lacking it myself, I'm currently feeling a perceived disadvantage. I was fairly sure it was out of range for me based on when I finally updated my client and started the event, several days late, and it's been an annoying distraction to the game (devs i hope you read this!) ever since. So, I'd like to think it was rare, and that the forum members who got it (I won't begrudge any of you! congrats to you lucky and/or persistent ones!) are the selection-biased exception to the norm. The RP bonus in particular irks me though. I understand that anyone can pay gold at any time for better stats, and from that perspective I should just ignore its' existence/effect. But if a significant percentage of players are now accumulating RP faster than before, my conclusion is that will have to accelerate any long range plans to introduce new higher-class RP items. The degree of change and rate of change in recent weeks has not been beneficial to my opinion of the game overall, and an additional dimension that can only further increase that trend is unwelcome to me. It's not my game though, I just play here. If you want feedback though Funzio, beyond what the game analytics report. There it is.

CounterSniper
02-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Just opened my first post event box...30k...not a diamond but still nice.