PDA

View Full Version : Who got the DIAMOND SIG, WHO DIDNT GET IT?

xclusiv
02-15-2012, 11:42 PM
im lucky to say i got the sig, the last diamond for me was the hardest having to spend about 150g to get it.

who got it, who missed out?

Mabraha
02-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Missed out, grats :)

Jill
02-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Yes got mine also spending 90g to get the final diamond .....

Bruiser
02-15-2012, 11:48 PM
8 diamonds for me and 220 unopened lockboxes 500gold down the drain and 1 very pissed off Bruiser!!!

slackerboy
02-15-2012, 11:49 PM
yep got it on the last day with about 8 hours left. Spend what was left on my tapjoy gold last night(think around 80 or 90GB) to get nothing.
Today was playing the cash option, not feeling too lucky as the previous 2 attempts could not open the box.
The subsequent attempts after the last diamond, also crap. But hey I am one of the lucky ones :)
Think all in all spent around 120-130GB and won 4 very nice items + the extra 1RP bonus.
Thanks Funzio for a interesting and fun event

Synergy
02-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Well, nobody even wants to know what I'm thinking right now and if they did, I'd still keep my mouth shut because I'd probably be banned again if I said what's on my mind. I got stuck on thinking about that stupid sig simply because it gives +1 respect during fights and if you ever look at my stats, youll see I fight a lot. Like a aucker, when I had 9 today, I figured surely I could get the 10th, even if I had to spend a little gold. Over 800 gold spent during the last hour to try to get my 10th diamond with absolutely nothing. Promised myself that'll never happen again, no matter what the competition or reward. Would have been much better off spending that money on crates if I was gonna spend it at all.

pooOnU
02-15-2012, 11:52 PM
I didn't get the sig but I got my 10 punker jackets! Woohoo!

mongorie
02-16-2012, 12:01 AM
the last 6 mins i refilled another 240 gold and got squat.
i gave myself high fives when getting more punker jackets and swat vans

cookies
02-16-2012, 12:11 AM
I got my 10th diamond a few hours before end (spent 500 gold total), but i still feel the event was rather poorly designed.

K@le
02-16-2012, 12:18 AM
10 min before event ends i bought some gold and pushed out almost everything left only 40 gold, i stopped and tried again 3 min before event ends i reset the timer twice and with my last 10 gold bars i got that 10th diamond, it was a very nice feeling i can say lol
This Sig i wanted it because it gives the extra respect point with fights and that did it for me to try and get it it cost me 350 gold.

Chiefer
02-16-2012, 12:20 AM
8 diamonds for me and 220 unopened lockboxes 500gold down the drain and 1 very pissed off Bruiser!!!

Ouch, I thought I had it bad, I wasn't able to get the app to download til day 5 I got 9/10 stayed up probably all but 3 hours since than. But not 500g

LVT
02-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Consider myself lucky to get it a few days b4 the event close.

Kockie
02-16-2012, 01:12 AM
+1 RP is a pretty bogus reward anyways. Fight RP is random, so all it really means is minimum 2 RP for a win. Anyone can still get 2-10 RP. Considering the amount of time it takes to actually win thousands of fights, the boost to RP is not very significant... No pun intended

I disagree. You go from an average of 2 rp per fight to an average of 3 rp per fight. Over time that all adds up to incredible gains that allow you more room for attack growth that other players wouldn't have. I'm level 40 right now on my new account. I beat most everyone on my rival list. Farming M4s right now is already giving me a huge leg up. Then when chain whips come out (51 I think... 55?), I should be able to grab 20 of them instantly. That's how a small rp boost will really affect people I think.

Edit: and to the original post, no Sig for me. But I gave funzio a good 70 bucks to keep developing fun ideas like this for our game. :)

Babytway
02-16-2012, 01:12 AM
LVT did you have a different ingame before or was it always LVT

Babytway
02-16-2012, 01:16 AM
i got the sig today, i actually got diamond 9 and 10 very close together, i was goin to spend gold to try and get it during the last 2hrs of event and even had my itunes card ready. but was shocked to see it got it with no gold. i used the medium kit the whole event.

Paulio
02-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Only got up to 7 diamonds. I don't play with gold much, but got lured in by the sig and +1rp. In all, I spent about 120 gold (approx). It sort of felt like Vegas - you keep feeding the machine thinking, "it's gotta hit this time!" but then ... you know how the rest goes. Oh well, at least I got a few cool items and learned a valuable lesson.

Swifty
02-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Valuable lessons are overrated.

bjornrey
02-16-2012, 01:46 AM
No sig, 8 diamonds, no gold spent, this event was made just for people to spend gold haha, i have 300g stacked but i'd rather spend it on Gent Clubs, than gamble with it to mayby get a SIG

BBz
02-16-2012, 01:49 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20108-BABYTWAY-has-found-a-way-to-reset-the-timer-on-the-event.....

To all the guys/girls who never got it in time ....All hope is not lost....!!!!!!!

ReaperZer0
02-16-2012, 02:18 AM
I got my last diamond literally on the last lockbox. Couldn't have cut it any closer.

willydpooh
02-16-2012, 02:48 AM
only 9 diamonds, and I set my alarm every hour on my sleep so I can have the chance on the last day, but in the end, hope was just a big dream.
well I am a player who like to stay in a level for a long period, but this event boost my level fast, so now my stats left behind. Think that I will stay on this level for a week and get back on real life

Joe Brown1
02-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Stayed stuck at 7 since Sunday afternoon despite attempting about 15 - 17 boxes a day. Glad I didn't use gold. Finally gave up around 11pm last night - of course my 4 yr old and 17 month old conspired to make sure I finished the event and woke me up every hour anyway until the event was over. Figured what the hell and opened a few more boxes - at least they got me another $125,000 (and a stone hammer - woohoo). Overall a fun distraction.

owerioveprirm
02-16-2012, 03:47 AM
Women who like football (http://femalefootballfans.blogspot.com)

Euchred
02-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Took me 270 gold to get it. I statred spending after I was stuck on 7 for almost 3 days. A simple lesson for Funzio though, make the item easier to get with gold or make people angry.

Nudie
02-16-2012, 04:30 AM
No sig for me. I have not spent a dime of real money on this game and I am not about to do it even for a shiny sig.

Fig Oni
02-16-2012, 04:53 AM
The Fig could have done with the Sig, but 7 diamonds for me.

Did I spend gold? hell yeah! 110 gold
Did I enjoy the event? Hell Yeah!
Would I use gold on these event again? Never

Final word, it was fun conzio but I still hate you so '**** You'

qwikster
02-16-2012, 05:23 AM
got my 10th diamond 3.5hrs before the deadline. used the cash option (except for 10gx1). despite my success, the "event" has left me with mixed feelings.

Swifty
02-16-2012, 05:27 AM
It was a very entertaining event for us HD players who did not participate.

Tons of fun reading about your various experiences.

mexx
02-16-2012, 05:32 AM
i didnīt get the sig.
only 6 ARX160 (i didnīt need)
6 Stone hammer
8 punker jackets
7 diamonds
respect points and
money.

i spent 200 g in it:mad:

heath4pack
02-16-2012, 06:37 AM
Congrats to all that got the Sig.

I was stuck on 9 diamonds for about two days and never got the tenth.

I am dissaponted but perspective is everything sometimes. If someone had've told ms a couple of weeks ago that I'd have a golden m4 in a few days, I would have been pretty happy about that.

I've been fighting a lot because of the thug life and ended the event with 102 boxes. Next time maybe they should trim it down to half an hour or something.

Also, while fighting a lot, I have noticed only a handful of opponents with golden m4's and no opponents with the Sig (yet)

Swifty
02-16-2012, 06:40 AM
Yes, congrats to all who got the Sig.

You elite players will be even more elite as the respect points accumulate.

Tren
02-16-2012, 06:42 AM
stuck with multi click drops vs updating.

doug19
02-16-2012, 06:53 AM
Got my 10th diamond this morning with 6 mins left to go on the event clock. I gave in and bought gold to open them though but I only had 3 boxes and only 2 needed opening for the diamond so still have some left :)

besides that from the event I'v got:
ARX160 x11
stone hammer x8
punker jacket x6 (I think)
at least 500000 cash
at least 2500 respect

Royal Flush
02-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Yes, congrats to all who got the Sig.

You elite players will be even more elite as the respect points accumulate.

That's life though, the rich get richer, the strong get stronger

Amber_
02-16-2012, 07:08 AM
I got it! :D
Got it yesterday with around 12h left. Used like 200 gold altogether, not so bad.

erik
02-16-2012, 07:49 AM
I got it . Zero Gold. WTG Babytway!

I enjoyed the event.

Hope funzio comes up with a way to design the next one to prevent folks who put in crazy time/crazy gold or both from not getting the final prize. I am glad that everyone does not end up with one... just not folks who commit to the event.

Maybe an automatic # diamond drop after x total overall attempts (not since the last diamond) if you do not yet have # diamond and the x might correlate to say 15-17 boxes per day.

Better luck next time Synergy & Bruiser & ....

Ghost818
02-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Took me 270 gold to get it. I statred spending after I was stuck on 7 for almost 3 days. A simple lesson for Funzio though, make the item easier to get with gold or make people angry.
same thing happened here, i was stuck on 7 for a long time then i spent just SIXTY gold and got all 3 in a row. this was 3 days left though

corbbb
02-16-2012, 09:10 AM
No gold spent and 4 diamonds overall. SUCCESSSSSS!

Joeycool
02-16-2012, 09:16 AM
I really loved the event and would love to see more in the future.

I spent 450G roughly... and I did get the sig

But I also got 3 other pretty good weapons and loads of respect points too.

Look what weapons you can get for 450G... not much. For that I got 4 weapons.

The event was always sold as a gamble... with a chance to collect diamonds. The gamble paid off for me. I'm sorry for those of you for whom it didnt.

Swifty
02-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Sweet system.

The elite get even more elite.

But I am content to be a mere foot soldier. A grunt.

magebomba318
02-16-2012, 09:32 AM
I think this was a ploy to get people to buy gold that normally don't. Did ANYONE get the Sig without spending gold? I got 9 diamonds then I hit a wall, i mean 2 days worth of a wall. I almost think it was set up so you would have to buy gold to get the Sig, which is ridiculous if this is true, and borderline illegal.

So did anyone get the Sig without gold purchasing.
For the record i got 9/10 with no gold and didnt fold under the Funzio scheme to get my $, sorry Funzio.

Tramp Stamp
02-16-2012, 09:38 AM
It's hard to feel disappointed with my personal outcome when I'm reading accounts of people spending $50, $100, or even more futilely chasing this thing. All I lost was some sleep, but I don't sleep much anyway. I think I got in 22 hourly hits the last day, and 21 and 20 before it. Never below 18.

In terms of the "stronger just get stronger" sentiment, I have to agree with Weapon in that +1 respect is a weak reward compared to what many/most put into it. If anything I'd say the playing field has been relatively normalized because I have a feeling there's a bad taste in the mouths of a significant number of gold buyers. For those who spent a significant amount of gold that +1 respect will take forever to pay off compared to glitched crates.

At my level range, high 60s, I have not yet come across the final gun in random battles. Even #3 is only moderately common.

I almost think it was set up so you would have to buy gold to get the Sig, which is ridiculous if this is true, and borderline illegal.

I've been wondering how far "wire fraud" laws, which are generally the area online gambling falls under, would go.

xclusiv
02-16-2012, 09:53 AM
we all rob people for cash in the game, but i think we can all agree on who has pulled the biggest robbery.

Fig Oni
02-16-2012, 10:07 AM
At my level range, high 60s, I have not yet come across the final gun in random battles. Even #3 is only moderately common.

Tramp you hit the nail on the head

You are so right, it took me 100 gold to come up with the conclusion that if the vast majority don't have golden m4's on your lvl, it make no difference how many boxes you are to open you will never get the 10th diamond.
As we been hearing from the puppet mark about 'game balance' even before the lockbox event started and if 1-2 on a lvl had a sig the balance would of been disrupted so in turn they got what they didn't need from the lockboxes.
Also I don't know anyone on a lvl less then 120 managing to get a sig if that is true it a bit fishy in my eyes.
Even my friend who is just 2 lvl above me had 9 diamonds with 3.5 days to end and I only had 4 at the time he too ended up with 9 at the end of the event.

So does that conclude that the diamond sig was only for beta tester and very high lvl players.
Also you tester gave alot of misinformation of hope of getting the sig and since the end of the event they are first to disappear.

heath4pack
02-16-2012, 10:27 AM
"So does that conclude that the diamond sig was only for beta tester and very high lvl players."

Interesting.

Can all on this forum that got the Sig please also post lvl info?

ETA: apologies for repeating what I wrote earlier in this thread but I am lvl 102 and had nine diamonds for a couple of days IIRC. Never got the 10th and was actively pursuing it.

xclusiv
02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
beta testers were not given the sig, the only advantage was they had a few more days to open boxes.

Gundam Mo
02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
The strangest thing happened to me. I had 9 diamonds for a few days. About 20 minutes before the event was going to end, I had one last opportunity to open a box. I chose to open it with the money option as always and it didn't open. But right after I hit ok, the option to open a box was still there. I chose the money option again and it opened. Lo and behold it was the 10th diamond. Maybe I experienced some type of glitch but I'm not sure.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Also, I didn't use any gold for this event but I did lose a few hours of sleep this week.

whocareswhatmynameis
02-16-2012, 11:36 AM
beta testers were not given the sig, the only advantage was they had a few more days to open boxes.

like all things in CC, time was a precious commodity for the "event". so in essence, beta testers had some advantage. given the work they put in and the risk associated with playing on a beta product, i say they totally deserve it!

Dorian Gray
02-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Spent about 300 gold to get the last two diamonds on the last day.

Got the last diamond with 2 hrs and 2 lockboxes left.

upsman_17
02-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Was soooo pissed yesterday that I was stuck on 8 diamonds for 2 days or so and hadn't even been able to get any other decent loot for a day, but kept trudging through every hour. Around 6 PM got my 9th, and then 4 hours later got the 10th. Held true to my promise to myself of not ever buying gold so that makes it that much sweeter. Started the event in the high 70's level and got the Sig in low 80's. I would be so pissed if I was a gold buyer and did not get it though, so I can def. understand the frustration. I was the same way yesterday when I thought I had wasted so much time and effort (sometimes that is worth more than $, ya know).:p