PDA

View Full Version : Spending money on a chance!?

OG Kush
02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I spent a little more than $25 for gold to still have 9 diamonds. If the event ends with me having 9 diamonds I'm probably going to break my iPod on how mad I am. Hypathetically speaking. How much money have you spent on the event that in reality is just a total scam? If I wanted 10 items of the same thing (stone hammer/punker jacket) I probably would have just bought then in the store. And at the price of 10 gold I wouldn't buy any of them. All I ask is a free diamond last hour of the event. I Know it seems like I'm begging but as a 15 year old with no job $25 isn't that easy to come by. Lol. I just want to feel as if speeding money on a event was worth it. It is all a chance after all but the 100% chance of getting something should be something good.

Euchred
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
There's really no way I can relate to this thread but I agree that the loot items in the event were relatively worthless like arx160.

OG Kush
02-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm just frustrated with this game.

Swifty
02-15-2012, 04:19 PM
You can take pride in the fact that by buying gold you supported the game so that cheapskates like me can play for free.

Yes, I know, some of the forum veterans are already tired of me saying this but this is life in the food chain.

Euchred
02-15-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm just frustrated with this game.

This game seems to be for those with disposable income. The frustration will pass and don't lose hope yet you never know.

Alice
02-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Never ever spend any real money on a free game...

Bruiser
02-15-2012, 04:28 PM
I feel for you OG...I have used over 500 gold and STILL on 8...I need to bite the bullet and realise that i'm not getting the SIG...Doesn't make good business sense though to piss off players who spend real $$$ on this game only to encourage free players to get the item without paying a dime...

Doc Rumpies
02-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Funzio is relying on players to fall for what is commonly called the sunk cost fallacy. Basically people spend $ on gold to use to open the box, then get pissed off when the don't get the diamonds and keep on buying gold rather than recognizing that the $ they have spent is already gone and irrecoverable, and shouldn't factor into their future spending decisions. Of course, I also managed to get 10 diamonds without spending a penny, but that's just my thoughts on the event.

Bruiser
02-15-2012, 04:49 PM
I see your point, BUT you aren't spending money on the game therefore Funzio are not and WILL not make money off you. The gold spending (and i'm not just talking about this so called "event") playeres will decide to give the game up and Funzio's profits will decline...Treat gold players with respect and they shall be repayed with more $$$ treat us like idiots and frankly we will walk away.

helpme
02-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Well, I had one hour before going to sleep and was stuck with 9 diamonds for the last 3 days. I bought $100 of gold - 1500 gold, It took me around 800 gold to get the Sig - 40 resetting timer and 40 to open boxes. I think its worth it not because of the Sig but because of the +1 R points. For me this is an additional 400 RP per day which gives me an additional Excelero every 3 days. I bought 5 crates for the rest of it and the funny thing is it increased my stats in both att/def by double the Sig bought me. In the end I think the +1 RP will gain me more with the additional +1 RP but if you want to increase your stat on the short run you are better off buying crates for your money. No way I would have made it w/o the gold purchase.

procsyzarc
02-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Used 660 and no diamonds unless I get it in the last few hours from in game money not gettting the sig and won't spend another cent on gold, ironic part is was going to buy 1500 gold for modern war tonight but now I won't be

Whip88
02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Opened over 70 lock boxes without gold, only using the money option and i finally got my diamond heater. YESSS!

OG Kush
02-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Last 5 hours better be a 99% drop on diamonds. Lol

acmike
02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
A couple of things.....

First we have some very good analyzers on this forum, Maybe they can chime in to see what the "roi" is on this scheme by Funzio. A quick calculation shows that after 10000 fights and an additional 10000 RP you could buy 33 NVB's or 8 Excelero's. IMHO this is not acceptable risk reward for spending gold. After all there is no time limit on the game as well as no end game, so it would just take more time to acquire the RP's without spending gold.....let alone it appears it is not even a sure thing.

Secondly....somewhere in the forum is very good advice....don't spend money on a free game or at the very least use gold to build Money buildings.

My 2.5 cents.

Nudie
02-15-2012, 06:58 PM
I have a couple of Mossbergs which were very powerful once upon a time. Point is the game can change in a pinch so any investment you make in the game is risky.

Tramp Stamp
02-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Personally I thought glitched crates were an unquestionably better deal than the respect gun. Now that a week has gone by I'd say crates are a ludicrously better deal if people really are spending $100+ chasing this thing.

procsyzarc
02-15-2012, 07:28 PM
A couple of things.....

First we have some very good analyzers on this forum, Maybe they can chime in to see what the "roi" is on this scheme by Funzio. A quick calculation shows that after 10000 fights and an additional 10000 RP you could buy 33 NVB's or 8 Excelero's. IMHO this is not acceptable risk reward for spending gold. After all there is no time limit on the game as well as no end game, so it would just take more time to acquire the RP's without spending gold.....let alone it appears it is not even a sure thing.

Secondly....somewhere in the forum is very good advice....don't spend money on a free game or at the very least use gold to build Money buildings.

My 2.5 cents.

Only thing I am interested in is the extra respect however it is a lot better than any 800 gold weapon so even with out the + respect if you are one to spend money on weapons then it would be worth at least 800 gold, just sucks some get it for free and others spend $100+ and get nothing

qwikster
02-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Personally I thought glitched crates were an unquestionably better deal than the respect gun. Now that a week has gone by I'd say crates are a ludicrously better deal if people really are spending $100+ chasing this thing.

great analysis as usual!