PDA

View Full Version : Saved 18,000 Respect Points. What to spend on?

Mig
02-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Level 102. 18,225 respect currently saved. I have:

115 x M4A1, 5 RPG
5 x Chain Whip
45 x Night Vision Binoculars, 1 x Full Combat Gear
Only 420/500 vehicles total. 123 x Yamaha, 5 x Excelero
I do not, and will not, ever use gold.

I make $73,000/hour at the moment and increasing fast. I've only seen 2 people earning more than me in the last couple of months.

Should I continue farming M4A1s while still attacking for respect? Should I be farming all out or just in moderation? I've been doing about 1/3 farming, 2/3 attacking.

My plan was to save all for Exceleros and hopefully have enough for at least 30-50 by the time I hit level 115. Is this a bad plan? Bear in mind I have 80 mafia not using any vehicles so I would get the full benefit.

What the hell is this double decker everyone is talking about?

How should I utilise my strong economy?

What happens at level 200? Can you still get respect by attacking people forever?

I learnt about most things really late on, like level 80 so that's why my respect isn't very well spent so far (and why I didn't learn about farming M4A1s).

Ohaithere
02-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Buy nvb up to 350 or 400 or you could but chai whips and try and reach 100.

Keep farming m4s and double deckers are the vest farmable vehicle from red-light district but it costs 15millib to unlock the task.

Are you currently doing thug life goals? Rather thn attackg hig respect buildings try and complete the thug life goals and then farm rp. It's not worth saving for excelero and it's prob not worth buying yam, i am level 99 and have 495 mafia, I have 200 members not using vehicles I thin but my attack is 21k without explosives.

To use your economy to the best possible way you should buy gasses and steel gthings that are 53k to bulk up your melee stats

Mig
02-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Yeah I'm doing thug life (up to 82 or something). I have bought about 21 steel garrots atm as they seemed they were the best value for money.

My thinking about Exceleros and Yamahas is that vehicles give you the max output because everyone doesn't have many vehicles. If I get NVB for example, all I'm doing is replacing a different armor weapon so actually I'm only getting about 11/11 in attack/defence rather than the full 16/16. Is this the wrong way to think about it?

I was also thinking of getting up to lv 108 so i can build 2 French Restaurants and 2 Condos (I think they are anyway). Then just camp for a couple of weeks and build up my economy until I'm earning a lot of money for my level, like $200-300k/h. I already have just under $10,000,000 in the bank which will be used for 2 French Restaurants at lv 105, and by the time I hit 108 I will probably have another $8m again (at least) for a condo.

I save more than I spend while upgrading all the time. e.g. I had $8.5m in bank, paid $1.8m for a cinema upgrade and before it's even finished I'm nearly up to $10m in bank again.

Ohaithere
02-15-2012, 05:41 AM
No that is the correct way to look at it, you want be spending your rp to be gettig the largest increase in stat per rp, but then iv stopped getting yams at 125 because I will get double deckers after m4s. Chain whips give a huge increase to your stats, the are more expensive but if you wor out yourincrease in stat per rp then you ca see if it's worth getting. Iv just stopped getting my nvbs as I have 400 so now I'm going for 100 chain whips

Ohaithere
02-15-2012, 05:43 AM
I'm 3 levels lower than you and have 33k income haha, never had more than 3 million in the bank, iv levelled up so fast though, what stats have yougot?

Mig
02-15-2012, 05:47 AM
I'm 3 levels lower than you and have 33k income haha, never had more than 3 million in the bank, iv levelled up so fast though, what stats have yougot?

I levelled up really fast too. I didn't find out anything useful about this game until a few weeks ago so I wasted about 3000 jobs doing useless stuff like maxing out each district. I also wasted lots of respect early on, like too many Tommy guns, combat boots, Columbian knive, etc.

So my stats are not very good because of all that :( 14,500 attack 17,750 defense.

Swifty
02-15-2012, 05:48 AM
I envy you the excellent economy.

Unfortunately, I started reading the forums late and completely fumbled building a hood.

I was influenced by the numerous "econ-less" hoods in the game.

And I have still not recovered at level 111.

Fig Oni
02-15-2012, 05:54 AM

Unfortunately, I started reading the forums late and completely fumbled building a hood.

And I have still not recovered at level 111.

On Lvl 83 I was earning less then 6k an hour but if you invest wisely you will recovery fast
Now I'm on lvl 110 an earning 111k

Pic to prove

Joeycool
02-15-2012, 06:05 AM
If I were you I would spend it on ecxelero's and chain whips.

I have never saved respect points. I have always spent them straight away. CC is a game of evolution... I always buy the best i can afford at the time. Although later on in the game this instant purchases become redundant... they help to always keep you a step ahead. Which means winning more fights and more respect points to buy your next upgrades with.

Saving just seems like a waste.

Mig
02-15-2012, 06:09 AM
If I were you I would spend it on ecxelero's and chain whips.

I have never saved respect points. I have always spent them straight away. CC is a game of evolution... I always buy the best i can afford at the time. Although later on in the game this instant purchases become redundant... they help to always keep you a step ahead. Which means winning more fights and more respect points to buy your next upgrades with.

Saving just seems like a waste.
Well my stats are actually not that bad for my level. Not amazing, but better than most people. I don't get attacked much, I don't lose much, and when I do attack people I only attack those that I know I can win. So there is not necessarily much advantage to spending it all now if I can invest it wisely for later on, as long as I ensure I'm strong at the moment - which I am.

Also, you're advising spending it on Exceleros but I need to wait a long time until lv 115 for those so that's why I was saving it.

Yeah I sometimes see those and I get that they think it'll be good because they have nothing to rob, but that's irrational logic. Even if people robbed all your money, 100% of the time, you would still be earning 3/5 of your hourly income, which is more than not having anything.

Also, it must be SO boring. No hood to build. Just attack people, go away. Come back, attack people... what's the point?

On Lvl 83 I was earning less then 6k an hour but if you invest wisely you will recovery fast
Now I'm on lvl 110 an earning 111k
But how has your attack/defense dropped from 9000 to 6000? Being honest with you, that's one of the lowest attack/defense I've ever seen at level 102. You must be the lowest guy there is at level 110. You will need to build up your strength as well as your economy.

AppleMacGuy
02-15-2012, 06:18 AM
But how has your attack/defense dropped from 9000 to 6000? Being honest with you, that's one of the lowest attack/defense I've ever seen at level 102. You must be the lowest guy there is at level 110. You will need to build up your strength as well as your economy.

It's because he's cut his mafia numbers from 720 to 80 for some reason, so the he's no longer arming the max of 500 but instead only 80.

Fig Oni
02-15-2012, 06:19 AM

No need if you look closely at the amount of mafia I have its 80 so therefore my att/def per mafia with 80 mafia is 85/85 per mafia, so where I'm sitting it's very good stats.
When I had the full 500 my stats were in the 15k range so around 30/30 att/def per mafia, but the only time I'll want some mafia is if and when I decided to buy the nightclub but 6 hour building are going to get robbed daily anyway unless your an insomniac

EDIT:Applemacguy you are spot on

Swifty
02-15-2012, 06:34 AM
I am still considering cutting my mafia.

And at 1700+, it would be a lot of cutting.

Fig Oni
02-15-2012, 06:45 AM
I am still considering cutting my mafia.

And at 1700+, it would be a lot of cutting.

Hint Hint email support ask them, they'll cut them all in a second bar henchman.

Swifty
02-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the hint.

That would be a lot less tedious than cutting them one at a time.

Mig
02-15-2012, 07:09 AM
So the matchmaking with your enemies is done on mafia only?

If I cut it down to 300 I would only be matched with people with 300 mafia?

KoolB
02-15-2012, 07:12 AM
I don't think saving respect points is a good idea....
Buy the items once you have the points.. it makes you stronger for the next attack / robbery and increases your chances of success...

As far as what to spend them on... I have 300 NVBs and 150 Yams... haven't regretted either decision...
Exceleros are too expensive until you reach a stage where you have a full mafia and the weakest guy in your mob is bringing home at least 25 atk/defence... then you can think of such luxuries...
M4s take care of guns... so you don't really need the Shotguns...
Melee, most ppl on this forum recommend the Chain Whip... but I like the Serrated Blade as well...

bjornrey
02-15-2012, 07:40 AM
I saved up about 35k of respect in the beginning of the Thug Life missions but ended up spending them on Yamahas, i switched from yamahas after 300 and am currently on 225 NVG's aiming for 250-300 on them before going on exceleros for a while =)

My Advice is to spend it, it does you no good in the bank, if you want to make sure u spend it on something good, spend it on the high tier stuff even though NVG's and Yamas are better / respect spent in the beginning.

I'm around your level also, got myself up to 98k/hour now thanks to reading this forum from lvl 35 and forward! around 22k att and 24k def also thanks to this lovely forum.

Joeycool
02-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Well my stats are actually not that bad for my level. Not amazing, but better than most people. I don't get attacked much, I don't lose much, and when I do attack people I only attack those that I know I can win. So there is not necessarily much advantage to spending it all now if I can invest it wisely for later on, as long as I ensure I'm strong at the moment - which I am.

Also, you're advising spending it on Exceleros but I need to wait a long time until lv 115 for those so that's why I was saving it.

Ahhh... Its been a while since I was level 115 so forgot that they are not available to you yet.

If you can beat most people at your level then you should definitely just save for the exceleros.

If it helps you gauge what stats you are going to need, when you hit about level 124, all players upto level 200 will see you.

My stats are level 157,

attack - 42,962
Defence - 47,525

I am not particularly strong for my level.

Swifty
02-15-2012, 08:19 AM
+40k attack and defense seems like a long way off.

Fig Oni
02-15-2012, 11:06 AM
So the matchmaking with your enemies is done on mafia only?

If I cut it down to 300 I would only be matched with people with 300 mafia?

Can not be 100% sure but when I had 500 mafia's I was getting robbed/attacked around 150 times in 24 hour now aslong I don't leave a building for over 4 hours I will very rarely get att/rob even if I do I win 90% of the time.
Now the point is don't you think if having 500 mafia was a great advantage. I would of re-added my mafia.

Plus I posted something on that earlier

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?19188-Has-anyone-noticed

erik
02-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I think it is crazy to save RP. I mean seriously...

Swifty
02-15-2012, 02:51 PM
If you can save respect and still be successful, then go for it.

I have to spend every respect point just to stay afloat. And barely at that.

Tramp Stamp
02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I banked until Chain Whips. It worked out for me.

Joemax
02-15-2012, 03:45 PM
For those who question why people save RP, I would point to my inventory which contains 246 Tommy Guns and 115 Mustangs.

They made sense in terms of increase in att/def per RP at the time, but now I would like my 50,000 RP back.

I am sitting on 150,000 RP now (thank you PvP goals!) while I try and decide what to do...

Nudie
02-15-2012, 07:12 PM
For those who question why people save RP, I would point to my inventory which contains 246 Tommy Guns and 115 Mustangs.

They made sense in terms of increase in att/def per RP at the time, but now I would like my 50,000 RP back.

I am sitting on 150,000 RP now (thank you PvP goals!) while I try and decide what to do...

I wouldn't feel too bad about the mustangs and tommy guns. They probably had lots of good use and without them you would have had major difficulties in PvP & robberies. Of course their utility diminishes as better equipment becomes available but they were an important stepping stone.

Theonhr
02-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Definitely chain whips.

The marginal (or relative) benefit of chain whips over the other melee loot and money items is higher than the marginal benefit of any other respect item compared to the money and loot items in its class.

In working out the marginal benefit you have to factor in firstly the price in respect points for the marginal benefit obtained compared to the next best item in its class, secondly the availability, drop rates and attack and defence stats of competing PvC and PvP loot items in the same class, and thirdly factor in that you will be going for the best PvC loot items in whichever class.

There are no decent PvC loot items in the melee class, there's no money melee items that come close to chain whips and even the cheap gold items like viking wrist bands are not as good. Meanwhile, you're going to be going after M4A1s, double deckers, and the various armours and suits in all the other classes, thereby diminishing the marginal benefits of shotguns, RPGs, Exeleros and body armour.

I would say Exeleros are the next best but they cost about 50% more and provide a lower marginal benefit in defence.

Thirdly body armour, but the very good PvP and PvC armour loot items (think police and urban warfare vests, NATO gas masks etc), and also the relatively affordable money armour with decent stats gives it:p a lower marginal benefit for a higher cost.

RPGs and shotguns are last because obviously M4A1s substantially diminish their value.

I haven't considered the second tier respect items. Why would you?

To sum up, chain whips are not only the best in their class but they are the best value respect item all round.

madawgg
02-15-2012, 10:29 PM
yeah dude nvb then chain whip. u will be dying a wealthy man