PDA

View Full Version : Full Combat Gear vs Yamaha Bike in longevity

Chiefer
02-14-2012, 07:55 PM
How viable is the Full Combat Gear. I'm 85 still a long way from the Excelero but I was thinking if I'm going to go from M4's right to Double Decker's. Should I be getting Full Combat Armour instead of Yamaha's if Double Deckers replace the Yamaha's. Do they replace the Yamaha's? I'm sitting on a bunch of respect and I want to spent it effectively. I'm farming M4's so I do level often currently so it would be best to get something that isn't going to be replaced sooner than later.

Euchred
02-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Unless you're planning on farming over 300 DDs I would say the race bikes are the better choice and Night Visions

murf
02-14-2012, 08:07 PM
There is a lot of different opinions here, but I think with Double Decker out there now (I have 35 after 5 days of farming), Yamaha Bikes become only a medium-term item, and with my RPs, I want to purchase all end game equipment, so for me, I go for NVB (for best value), then Chain Whips because they are the hardest to replicate...you cannot even approach the attack points for CWs unless you spend gold. The reason I shy away from FCG is because late game with a top-notch economy you can purchase FBI shields and have 16/24 for Armor. After CW's I'm not sure if I go Excelero (to upgrade DD) or RPG's (to upgrade M4A1), but it will be awhile until I have that issue.

Chiefer
02-14-2012, 08:08 PM
So, no one is planning to get 500 DDs?

murf
02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't why you wouldn't shoot for at least 350-400....and then move on to whatever new loot is out there...Urban Warfare isn't too bad right now around 1/1000 and 11/20 stats.

Euchred
02-14-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm sure we'd all like to but after the last update the odds are stacked against you. My RP route was 300 NVB 200 Yamahas !00 chain whips and now I'm getting exceleros

Tramp Stamp
02-14-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm going hardcore Chain Whips. I have virtually nothing of any other respect gear (mostly reward items) and 57 vehicles for 335 mafia, Junkers comprising 35 of that. Most say I'm making a mistake, but we'll see.

murf
02-14-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm sure we'd all like to but after the last update the odds are stacked against you. My RP route was 300 NVB 200 Yamahas !00 chain whips and now I'm getting exceleros

That's not true...it's actually better after the last update...as long as you want to pony up $15m to play.

murf
02-14-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm going hardcore Chain Whips. I have virtually nothing of any other respect gear (mostly reward items) and 57 vehicles for 335 mafia, Junkers comprising 35 of that. Most say I'm making a mistake, but we'll see.

IMHO, end game, this is by far the best strategy, you cannot replicate anywhere close to their #'s and they're relatively inexpensive....if only I knew then what I know now

Euchred
02-14-2012, 08:16 PM
That's not true...it's actually better after the last update...as long as you want to pony up $15m to play.

What's that job called?

15m is still enough money to me, I'll likely unlock it after I hit 165

murf
02-14-2012, 08:17 PM
What's that job called?

Leila in Red Light District... ~1.5/1000

qwikster
02-14-2012, 08:21 PM
my strategy has been to hedge my bets by buying a little bit of every respect weapon. i wouldn't want to be in a position where i spent all my respect points on a particular weapon, only to realized down the road that there are better weapons. there is no right answer to your question about the right armament. i have found that yamaha + nvg has been a potent combo which has served very well so far (currently lvl 122). going forward, i plan to invest my respect points on chain whip. i am not too keen about full combat gear as it offers marginal improvement in attack over nvg. the difference in defense while significant does not warrant the hefty price. defense points are easier to accumulate either by buying defense structures or cash armor weapons (blast & fbi shields). exelero is a pretty powerful weapon which you can be sure won't be replaced. its drawback is of course the price tag. you'd probably need close to a year to farm RPs to get fully equipped.

Euchred
02-14-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm going to 100 exceleros cause it looks cool then back to working on chain whips. I use way to many nail bats.

Holicaholic
02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
There's a jet near endgame that I think has around the same stats as an excelero. It doesn't even appear on my purchase screen so I can't quote the stats on it.

Euchred
02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
It's 24A 36D with a price tag of 84M

Not quite the Attack of an excelero

murf
02-14-2012, 08:40 PM
There's a jet near endgame that I think has around the same stats as an excelero. It doesn't even appear on my purchase screen so I can't quote the stats on it.

Haha...yes....Level 195 24/36...only $84mm

Tramp Stamp
02-14-2012, 08:45 PM

Armored Jet (24/36): $84,000,000 @ level 195.

A key factor in the Chain Whips decision was that I need no short term help as I have been no-banking with only minor problems for quite some time. However, I have far more cash equipment than most, which offsets the need. The Chain Whip attack boost has been awesome, even if I'd realistically have more with the NVB/Yam combo.

Chiefer
02-14-2012, 08:46 PM

Your probably going off the best farm-able melee weapon right?

Tramp Stamp
02-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Your probably going off the best farm-able melee weapon right?

Can you rephrase the question?

Chiefer
02-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Is the chain whip better than the best farm-able melee weapon you know of? And, is that a reason you prefer the CW? I'm drunk sorry

Holicaholic
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Is the chain whip better than the best farm-able melee weapon you know of? And, is that a reason you prefer the CW? I'm drunk sorry

Without using gold, the Chain Whip is the best melee weapon you can get as far as I know.

Chiefer
02-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Without using gold, the Chain Whip is the best melee weapon you can get as far as I know.

Thanks man. haha, I could've been lost in translation.

Tramp Stamp
02-14-2012, 09:13 PM

You live up to your avatar! Like murf said, they're the hardest respect item to replace with cash and/or loot yet are comparatively cheap when taken into context. Basically there's a larger gap to the Chain Whip with both loot and cash options than there is with anything else. One could argue armor, but the gap can be filled with the cheaper NVBs and supplemented with FBI Shields, though I think once one decides on NVBs then Full Combat Gear is basically off the table anyway. Exelero has a nice attack boost, but at a really high cost. It would be far more attractive if the Double Decker hadn't been introduced/enhanced.

Bruiser
02-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Yamahas and NVB's are the way to go if you do alot of PvP as they are very cheap in comparison and offer great att/def value. If you go slow and steady like tramp then Chain Whips...Boring i say :)

Tramp Stamp
02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
I dunno. I gain about a level per day these days. Is that slow?

Bruiser
02-14-2012, 09:25 PM
I dunno. I gain about a level per day these days. Is that slow?

You have seen the light TS :)

Tramp Stamp
02-14-2012, 09:28 PM
You have seen the light TS :)

I think people feel I'm slow because I haven't been playing as long as most. I've gained on average 0.76 levels per day since I started, and that includes a 2-3 week camp to correct a mediocre start.

Bruiser
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
As my signature says its go hard or go home :) i try and maximise every bit of energy and stamina i can...I am not worried about leveling too fast as i have a decent attack/defense to deal with the rise. Plus look on the up side their are great high end buildings to look forward too.

Nudie
02-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Since my focus is more on attack than defense, I have gone for exceleros, chain whips & NVG.

Ohaithere
02-15-2012, 01:53 AM
I think people feel I'm slow because I haven't been playing as long as most. I've gained on average 0.76 levels per day since I started, and that includes a 2-3 week camp to correct a mediocre start.

I'm level 99 now and have averaged 3 levels a day since starting, at the start it was as muc as 10 a day for the first few days and now it's maybe 1.5 a day

duder
02-18-2012, 06:28 AM
You people are so hasty. One level every three weeks is all you need!

Euchred
02-18-2012, 06:52 AM
So me and my brother were discussing this topic yesterday we both have camper accounts with decent income. This allows us to have a full inventory of camoros so each race bike we would buy will only give us stats of 8/8. So if you buy NVB until you unlock chain whips and can afford camaros I don't see a point to them.

However if you don't have a good economy then go for them I have 200 that I use on my main account.

Babytway
02-18-2012, 01:51 PM
156 exceleros and im still going,

Whoopdido1980
02-18-2012, 03:05 PM
I was holding onto my respect with the plan to buy Exeleros when I finally got to level 115. I'm currently at 99. After reading a bunch of posts recommending to go chain whips I finally bit the bullet and unloaded all of my 98,000 respect points and bought 130 chain whips. I have about 140 of them now. Doing that increased my attack and defense by about 2500 and 2000 respectively.

I was sneaking along about in the middle of my level in terms of attack and defense but buying all those whips has brought me at least into the upper 80th percentile or so and maybe higher than that. I'm far from being at the top of my level but I'm a lot closer now at least. I plan to start farming soon which will hopefully help some more.

Babytway
02-18-2012, 03:11 PM
98k is alot of respect to hold onto. i use mine soon as i earn it. im more focused on attack than def thats why i go for excelero, with everyone focused on defense i gotta try and beat them somehow

Whoopdido1980
02-18-2012, 03:30 PM
98k is alot of respect to hold onto. i use mine soon as i earn it. im more focused on attack than def thats why i go for excelero, with everyone focused on defense i gotta try and beat them somehow

I was doing that too but then I got the bright idea to just hold onto all of it until I unlocked the Exelero. Since I still have 16 levels to go until I can buy an Exelero I'm going to just use up my respect right away. Once I unlock the Exelero then I'll decide whether or not to use my respect going forward on that or something else. A lot of people seem to think farming double deckers and using respect on chain whips is better than putting all your respect into Exeleros.