PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the lockboxes!?

Brent
02-13-2012, 04:48 PM
I have 7 diamonds and havent gotton any since yesterday morning. Im having really bad luck. I tryed the lockboxes 7 or 8 times today and all nothing. :mad:

Anybody else having really bad luck like me

dudeman
02-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Very bad luck the past two days. No diamonds, hardly any boxes opened at all yesterday, and today I got most of the cash back that I had spent trying, and more useless loot today..

Hang on, a box is ready.

Well, diamond number 6 just dropped as I was writing this. Still awful bad luck to go on a two day drought while some people can get 9 in a single day.

Bruiser
02-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Diamond #7 dropped for me as well Dudeman, atleast i can walk away with the Golden M4A1, not holding my breathe for the Sig though i have 140 boxes still unopened lol

Chukuli
02-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Finally got my 10th diamond today. For the past 2 days, i've been recieving cashs, swat police van and respect points.
It's not worth to spend gold bars on lockbox event base on the random items it give.

dudeman
02-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Diamond #7 dropped for me as well Dudeman, atleast i can walk away with the Golden M4A1, not holding my breathe for the Sig though i have 140 boxes still unopened lol

I will consider myself lucky to get the Golden M4A1 if I do get diamond #7. If 1 diamond in two days is what I am supposed to expect now, it might be possible after all. Possible =/= likely.

Joe Brown1
02-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Got number 7 early yesterday afternoon. None since. Attempted or opened about 20 boxes since.

Just opened another - stone hammer - once again no diamond

785-586-666
02-13-2012, 07:23 PM
I was raking in the loot for the first 3 days then it stopped all together in the last 36 hours I have had virtually all fails.

Euchred
02-13-2012, 07:26 PM
I've been at 7 for almost 3 days, Diamonds are becoming very difficult to come by I've started spending gold just to garantee the unlock but still no luck. I refuse to drop more than a 20$ bill on this.

goodoljunk
02-13-2012, 07:35 PM
This lockbox event has been retarded, I have been opening 10-15 boxes a day with no diamonds for 2 days. Most boxes don't open and when they do it's a little cash or +1 mafia. I think I'll pass on the next funzio "event" if there is one. This must be a gold selling event??

Steve0
02-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Just recieved #8 2 more days left.

Synergy
02-13-2012, 07:43 PM
I've been at 7 for almost 3 days, Diamonds are becoming very difficult to come by I've started spending gold just to garantee the unlock but still no luck. I refuse to drop more than a 20$ bill on this.

I see where you're coming from, but in your opinion, is using gold to gaurantee an opened lock box increasing your chances of receiving a diamond, as opposed to just spending the cash and hoping for an opened box and a diamond? Basically, let's just say hypothetically that every time u spent cash to try to open a lockbox that it opened. Do you think spending gold to gaurantee an open is increasing your chances of receiving a diamond as opposed to just using the cash to open?

Euchred
02-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Just recieved #8 2 more days left.

Nicely done, I'm hoping to get mine in the wee hours of the morning. I'm optimistic but ready to fail.

Euchred
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
I see where you're coming from, but in your opinion, is using gold to gaurantee an opened lock box increasing your chances of receiving a diamond, as opposed to just spending the cash and hoping for an opened box and a diamond? Basically, let's just say hypothetically that every time u spent cash to try to open a lockbox that it opened. Do you think spending gold to gaurantee an open is increasing your chances of receiving a diamond as opposed to just using the cash to open?

Well considering I've been opening them at a 30% sucess rate I think it is helping. Plus I get to pick the times when lockboxes open if you subscribe to that theory.

I think gold is increasing my chances by giving me a 100% sucess rate to open

Steve0
02-13-2012, 07:53 PM
I try to be regular as I can on the LB, Just to be sure I have a fair chance. Was on a 2 day dry spell for the diamonds.

Nudie
02-13-2012, 07:54 PM
I cyrrently have a grand total of 2 diamonds. So unless I am prepared to spend $$$ on gold, I don't think I will be able to get a diamond sig with just 2 days left to go.

Max Power
02-14-2012, 04:50 AM
I think we have almost as many lockbox threads filled with anecdotal evidence as we have lockboxes in the game.

Swifty
02-14-2012, 05:52 AM
We need more diamonds and lockboxes threads. Very entertaining reading.

And thanks to all of you who bought extra gold for the fund-raising event.

You people are the ones supporting the game so that cheapskates like me can play for free.

Burn
02-14-2012, 08:22 AM
I coughed up for 650 Gold, got my 10 diamonds (already had 7), and am now happily completing Thug Life goals with an extra 1R on every fight.

For my Gold I got the diamonds required, with enough left over to buy about 8 crates of goodies, including a lovely Gold Chain Gun.

Only money I've spent, but what the hell, the investment is worthwhile because Funzio have given me a great game to play, so why should I expect that for free.

Frankly, for all the talk on here of economies and ROI, maybe someone should work out the ROI of putting the iPhone down for a few days, doing something worthwhile that generates some real life money, and then spending just a little piece of that money on Gold.

What is your time and frustration worth? Mine was easily worth 650 Gold. Because I bet I'm happier than anyone sitting on 9 diamonds with only an hourly dose of bitter disappointment to look forward to ;)

Best of all, I can still open Crates, and i don't give a sh!t about 'better luck next time', it's completely painless now, plus I can't get any more diamonds, so my chances of getting 500R are higher, and I'm still low enough level that anything that drops is adding to my Att/Def stats ;)

That said, kudos to anyone that gets to 10 diamonds without any Gold expense, you will have deserved it - as long as you can avoid having a stress-related heart attack or a complete mental breakdown before D 10 drops!