PDA

View Full Version : Poofed gold

thspiral
02-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Has anyone else had gold disappear from your inventory? If so were you refunded the gold?

I am asking because I had that happen on the first day of the lock box event. I bought 2 of the $4.99 50 gold lots. Long story short around 80 gold disappeared. I contacted Funzio support and have received nothing but a run around for the last 3 days, and now they are not answering my emails. The person that I spoke with seemed to have little to no grasp of the game. They seemed to be unaware that you could get gold from Tapjoy, and thought that you are invoiced from Apple for gold purchases immediately.

I'm so frustrated, mostly because I really enjoy this game, and feel like after having them treat me like this I don't want to give them anymore of my business. They are bragging on their website that they have $20 Million dollars for development, but they are going to turn a customer into a enemy of 80 in game gold pieces.. it's just unbelievable to me that such a smart company could possibly think that this type of business practice is a good idea.

Anyway
/rant off

qwikster
02-13-2012, 03:07 PM
my interaction with customer service has been pleasant so far. my last communication was little over a month ago though. i don't know if things have changed. i hope you get a favorable response.

Ghost818
02-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Has anyone else had gold disappear from your inventory? If so were you refunded the gold?

I am asking because I had that happen on the first day of the lock box event. I bought 2 of the $4.99 50 gold lots. Long story short around 80 gold disappeared. I contacted Funzio support and have received nothing but a run around for the last 3 days, and now they are not answering my emails. The person that I spoke with seemed to have little to no grasp of the game. They seemed to be unaware that you could get gold from Tapjoy, and thought that you are invoiced from Apple for gold purchases immediately.

I'm so frustrated, mostly because I really enjoy this game, and feel like after having them treat me like this I don't want to give them anymore of my business. They are bragging on their website that they have $20 Million dollars for development, but they are going to turn a customer into a enemy of 80 in game gold pieces.. it's just unbelievable to me that such a smart company could possibly think that this type of business practice is a good idea.

Anyway
/rant off
I suggest you calm down lol, technically they CANT refund you money because they ARE invoiced from APPLE.
and how exactly did your gold "disappear"?
I bought 1500 gold and none of it just "disappeared", did you accidentally upgrade something or might have accidetally finished building an upgrade by using gold cause gold doesnt just diappear IMO.

dudeman
02-13-2012, 04:15 PM
For the first time, I experienced a lag/sudden hood shift causing me to accidentally hit "finish now" costing me 13 gold. If I had bought it I probably wouldn't have cared at all since it's only worth maybe a dollar, but they were hard earned through Tapjoy, so I did ask to have them returned.

There was a deafening silence for two days, and yesterday I logged on and found the gold had been returned. Now, I did make a couple typos in a couple important places in the ticket I sent, but I corrected the typos to make sure I had been clear. Typos or lack of clarity is no excuse for the silence though. When someone contacts customer service and the service person doesn't understand, it's part of the job ask for clarification so that the issue can be handled appropriately. I haven't checked my email since noticing the gold was returned, but I figure if I reply to say thanks (as I intend to), sometime by the end of the week should be acceptable.

thspiral
02-13-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm really not all that angry just upset about how I've been treated. I'm not a noob to the game or to buying gold. I'm level 133 and have spent around $200ish on gold over 4 months. I didn't want to go into too much detail about it because I thought it would probably be a snooze fest for the readers.

This is what happened:
I tried to open the first lockbox with a in game cash lock pick and failed. Like everyone else I really wanted the pistol, so I decided to buy some gold. I already had a little from Tapjoy so I was adding to it. I bought 50 gold for $4.99 and opened a box (I got a diamond) I reset it and opened my way through 80 gold. I was having a really busy day and wasn't able to open it again till a good bit later. I only had something like 13 gold (my tapjoy gold). To be honest I was having such a stressful day I thought, As someone above mentioned, that I must have clicked something by accident and lost it honestly. I was willing to forget about it, so I bought another 50 gold for $4.99. I used 30 to open a few boxes (got another 2 diamonds) and waited an hour. I went back in and not only was the rest of the money gone that I bought, but the odd amount from Tapjoy was also gone. This is when I realized that I did not just click something and I had lost the money.
I sent an email to support and have talked back and forth for 3 days. When they respond to me, it is apparent that they did not even bother to read my last email, because they ask me questions that are right there in my email. Now they have stopped responding to me all together.

$10 isn't much to lose, I can afford it. But for me, I believe that to really enjoy myself in this game long term, I will want to spend a little money now and then. It makes me happy to do so. However, how can I possibly spend anymore real money, knowing that if it poofs, Funzio is unresponsive. The support person is telling me that they need every receipt from every gold purchase. I simply do not have them I delete them. I really didn't think that I needed to save them, every apple app store app has been completely honest and fair with me, up to this point

thspiral
02-13-2012, 04:41 PM
For the first time, I experienced a lag/sudden hood shift causing me to accidentally hit "finish now" costing me 13 gold. If I had bought it I probably wouldn't have cared at all since it's only worth maybe a dollar, but they were hard earned through Tapjoy, so I did ask to have them returned.

There was a deafening silence for two days, and yesterday I logged on and found the gold had been returned. Now, I did make a couple typos in a couple important places in the ticket I sent, but I corrected the typos to make sure I had been clear. Typos or lack of clarity is no excuse for the silence though. When someone contacts customer service and the service person doesn't understand, it's part of the job ask for clarification so that the issue can be handled appropriately. I haven't checked my email since noticing the gold was returned, but I figure if I reply to say thanks (as I intend to), sometime by the end of the week should be acceptable.

Hmm, I didn't get to read this before my last post. I may be experiencing the same lag time that you did. I just wisjh that I could have gotten it fixed in time to use it on lockboxes! =P

Crime City Mark
02-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Your purchase history should reflect your purchases immediately. You may not get a receipt from Apple right away, but you can pull your iTunes receipts by opening the iTunes store. This is likely what they were asking you for. Our team needs to have some kind of documentation before they start handing out gold.

thspiral
02-13-2012, 05:57 PM
See that is the kind a thing I am being told by support. Do you guys not keep a record of purchases? My point is why is the burden on me to figure out what the problem is with your game? I'm not asking anyone to "just start handing out gold". All that I AM asking is for you guys to give me the gold that I paid for, and was not allowed to use. This is not my fault. All that I am guilty of here is spending money with your company. I've purchased approximately 2000 gold from you, now you are going to ****er with me over 80 gold. It's just silly.

JalRarlykeege
02-13-2012, 05:59 PM
The Native Translator faz traducoes profissionais de alta qualidade online.
O lider global em traducoes certificadas de todos os tipos de documentos diretamente online.
como traduzir (http://www.tradutor-global.com.br)