PDA

View Full Version : Why are in game weapon so crap and expensive

Fig Oni
02-13-2012, 03:06 AM
If a person look's at the in game weapons who are under lvl 111 the most powerful in game cash weapons are as follows

Gun - Attack wise Flamethrower 13/9 att/def price at $625,000 each
Defence wise Dual Machine Gun 7/19 att/def at $2,800,000 each
so basically it cost me $3,425,000 to buy a gun with stats of 13/19

Melee - Attack wise Chainsaw 16/9 att/def price at $3,100,000 each
Defence wise Katana 10/12 att/def price at $700,000 each
Costing $3,800,000 to buy a melee stats of 16/12

Amour - Attack wise - Military Body Armor 7/15 att/def price at $400,000
Defence wise -Blast Shield 1/19 att/def price at $210,000
Costing $620,000 to buy amour stats of 7/19

Vehicle - Attack wise - Big Rig 16/10 att/def price at $12,500,000
Defence wise - Yacht 5/23 att/def price at $16,000,000
Costing $28,500,000 to buy a vehicle stats 16/23

Total cost of 8 items are $26,345,000 but it's possible to loot better stat item for free.

So I'm asking for better in game cash weapons or lower prices of the current weapons

Royal Flush
02-13-2012, 04:20 AM
Completely agree - it makes getting a good economy rather pointless when all you need is stam & energy to get free, much better equipment

Swifty
02-13-2012, 06:27 AM
It encourages people to buy gold, which supports the game, which allows cheapskates like me to play for free.

Fig Oni
02-13-2012, 06:35 AM
It encourages people to buy gold, which supports the game, which allows cheapskates like me to play for free.

Don't mean your a cheapskate if you don't buy gold. Like it or not the game can be completed without spending any gold but the advantage you get from buying the gold does make it easier to get stronger and richer quicker but there is a fine line of not over spending once you go past that threshold then the game will lose the fun factor.

Mabraha
02-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Don't mean your a cheapskate if you don't buy gold. Like it or not the game can be completed without spending any gold but the advantage you get from buying the gold does make it easier to get stronger and richer quicker but there is a fine line of not over spending once you go past that threshold then the game will lose the fun factor.
How do you complete cc? ;o

Fig Oni
02-13-2012, 07:41 AM
How do you complete cc? ;o

You complete the game when you earn $3,000,000 per hour

Swifty
02-13-2012, 07:42 AM
And you beat the game by quitting.

<3 Hz
02-13-2012, 07:45 AM
You complete the game when you earn $3,000,000 per hour

Wow I got a long way to go!

MR_M
02-14-2012, 05:23 PM
I've done some searching but can't work out what store purchased ($$) weapons / armor etc would be best for me (Lv 36 / $4700 per hour).

I try to buy at least one of the latest stuff that becomes available ($15-$30k at my level) but each time I purchase a weapon I look at my Attack stats to see how much it's increased by. At the moment I find most of the $3k weapons only give me 1 attack point (currently A:1253 / D: 1394).

I understand the Rep. points buy more 'effective' weapons, but without buying gold are there any posts with tips on what would be good to buy with cash for a player at the early levels? For example does it make more sense to buy 20 x AK47's or buy one Golden Magnum for 70k?

ps - if it helps I have 90 mafia currently.

Thanks in advance.

Tramp Stamp
02-14-2012, 06:34 PM
$4,700/hr isn't nearly enough to make an impact, especially at level 37. I'd dump everything into economy and take the losses until it takes spare change to stock up on inventory. Meanwhile, stock up on M4 A1s at the Junkyard Blue Scrap Box. Military Goggles, Riot Helmet, Mace, and Steel Garrote will be your go-to supplies.

MR_M
02-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Awesome stuff - thanks Tramp :cool:

I've saved around 300k and trying not to level up too fast. It sounds like I really need to start focusing on leveling up my economy buildings (Meat Factory / Bagel Shop / Warehouses / Apartments) and slow down attacking people (as I'm loosing a lot more lately than winning!).

Is it a good idea to lay low to prevent attacks on my hood?

That junk yard tip is awesome thanks - I didn't realise you could harvest weapons this way. I've just slowly been going through and doing ALL jobs in levels to get them up to the 'mastered' level - up to Docks so far doing it that way.

Max Power
02-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Awesome stuff - thanks Tramp :cool:

I've saved around 300k and trying not to level up too fast. It sounds like I really need to start focusing on leveling up my economy buildings (Meat Factory / Bagel Shop / Warehouses / Apartments) and slow down attacking people (as I'm loosing a lot more lately than winning!).

Is it a good idea to lay low to prevent attacks on my hood?

That junk yard tip is awesome thanks - I didn't realise you could harvest weapons this way. I've just slowly been going through and doing ALL jobs in levels to get them up to the 'mastered' level - up to Docks so far doing it that way.

Dont waste your time in missions. Farm powerful weapons, fight only instead of rob, and only let fights and farming cause you to level up. There are a number of good guides stickied at the top of this sub-forum.

Tramp Stamp
02-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Ack, don't save money. Between equipment and money building upgrades you should be constantly broke. After about two weeks of economy focus money be rolling in "on its own". I wouldn't recommend upgrading the buildings you mentioned. My suggested build order is in the stickied thread Max suggested. If you're dead set on 12+ hour buildings, even though they won't help you a whole lot at your stage, go for House, Tattoo Parlor, Gun Shop, Pawn Shop, in that order.

MR_M
02-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Sweet as thanks, I have been reading some of the other stickies when I first got started 3 weeks ago, but I'm just going through your 'Economy Planning & Discussion' and finding it a great help so far. They're making more sense now I've been playing for a few weeks.

So it sounds like I should focus on some of my existing quicker ROI type A buildings and get them upgraded; buy some of the cheaper equipment you mentioned earlier; lay low & don't be attacking every mofo that looks like they had it coming... especially their hood; and lastly forget the missions until I've built a florishing economy!

Nice work - I'm lovin this addictive game :)

Nicholost
02-14-2012, 10:06 PM
That's pretty much it. After you read the hood planning thread and start putting into practice, read it again. That thread is a game changer. I wish I found it as early as you. I was lvl 62 before my eyes were opened.

MR_M
02-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Dont waste your time in missions. Farm powerful weapons, fight only instead of rob, and only let fights and farming cause you to level up.

Just out of curiosity - why only fight instead of rob as well? Does robbing other hoods make you more of a target to have your own hood robbed (assuming they click 'avenge') or does it actually make your name appear in the list of targets more?

Things are going great now I've spent all my savings, got ALL type A buildings (as well as some nice type B's that I had before). Now focusing on getting my laundromats to Lv 10 (12 hours at a time....) then other upgrades after.

Would I be correct in just spending the extra cash on equipment now I've got all my Type A's in place? I know you recommend always building as well as upgrading, but I'm short on room (already sold a warehouse based on your excellent guide / sticky). My next space upgrade would cost me $100k, but should I also be saving for a Movie Theatre? I'm only up to $5252 income so far...but it gettin better :)

MR_M
02-28-2012, 04:10 AM
Things are cruising nicely now & my economy is up over $11k.

Before I blow $140k on my 1st Movie Theatre can I get your advice on whether to sell my lv 4 warehouse to make room, or expand for $100k and keep the warehouse. Alt would be to sell my lv 5 Basketball court.

I've already sold one warehouse since changing my strategy in line with Tramps excellent advice & stickies, but I've re-read many posts & stickies & just can't get an answer to this one.

If it helps I've got my Laundromats at lv 9 and slowly levelling all my other type A buildings (no more to buy except for MT & above). I haven't built anything new since changing tact - only been upgrading and boosting my A/D.

Fig Oni
02-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Dont sell the warehouse as yet because in the future you'll get goal to upgrade the warehouse to lvl 7 and collect the warehouse 3 times

jaywalker
02-28-2012, 04:37 AM
Personally I would pay for the expansion and upgrade a 3/6/8 hour building while saving up for 2 Movie Theater.
Wich building? If you follow TS economy thread, go for the Italian Restaurant, unless you have an Icecream Shop.

MR_M
02-28-2012, 10:05 PM
OK - I've gone down the expansion route (for $100K !!). I'll leave my B'ball court & my warehouse as is.

Do you guys tend to save $100-$200K & risk leaving it open to rob, or do you play it safe & loose 10% by depositing in the bank.

I'm lv 55 and about 5000-5500 A/D, so I find I'm usually safe from attack at the mo.

I know you're supposed to be building & upgrading type A's all the time, but if you're waiting 48 hours for expansions, and upgrading other Type A's then does it make sense to save, deposit or just buy equipment until your economy is ready to expand again.

Tramp Stamp
02-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Do you guys tend to save $100-$200K & risk leaving it open to rob, or do you play it safe & loose 10% by depositing in the bank.

http://i.imgur.com/O2JwM.jpg

Sasha54
03-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Dont sell the warehouse as yet because in the future you'll get goal to upgrade the warehouse to lvl 7 and collect the warehouse 3 times

Is it worth it to do the upgrade for the warehouse to lvl 7. It's such a target. I was planning to skip that goal - I just went to level 3.

So are you saying - level to 7 just to meet the goal - and then get rid of it?