PDA

View Full Version : feedback and tips please

commandNconquer
02-12-2012, 10:05 PM
okay so i am lvl 31 here are my stats (im a free player so no gold usage here)

880 fights won
175 fights lost
SR 236
FR 5

26 allies
782 atk
2000 def
200k/hour

i want to have some tips if i should start getting a better attack, work on my eco still, work on my boost buildings (they all lvl 1 nearly), get more allies, is attacking good?

i've been browsing forum alot and alot of you say attacking isnt good so i rarely attack i select my openents carefully and i make sure ill win before attacking

thanks in advance

KCh
02-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Attacking is good. 👍 The reason why most people aren't attacking right now is because of the pvp bug hasn't been fixed yet.

commandNconquer
02-12-2012, 10:33 PM
so you would suggest me to start buying some attacking units ? all i have is super hornets with the units i need for missions. and do you have any low cost unit that i could buy to have some fun attacking?

KCh
02-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Super hornets are good. With a 200k per hour income, some cheap units you can buy to increase your attack are commando, bio warfare troop, demolitions. Or if your unit buildings aren't high enough level, the submarine is a cheap unit that's ok for attack at your level.

Mcdoc
02-13-2012, 03:32 AM
I don't know what "bug" people are experiencing, but over the past 2 weeks I changed my attack strategy ( involving dropping down to 25 allies & only attacking rivals with 17 or fewer allies) and I am winning like 98% of my attacks and making over a million a day in loot. Click on my name and read some of the extended strategies I've payed out in other posts & you should get similar results.

Good luck.

Hassleham
02-13-2012, 05:41 AM
I'm also level 31, with 3000 attack + 3000 defence.
I would say with your income it's definitely worth improving the boost buildings and getting your attack up, PvP is alright at the moment, you just need patience to find the right target.

Maverick50727
02-15-2012, 05:19 PM
What is your number of units?

gobi_wan
02-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Hi All,

Hope this is the correct thread; looking for feedback and tips. And feel free to add me.. need more allies. :)

Lvl: 53
Missions: 2625
Fight won: 562
Fight lost: 324
Raids: 55

Alliance: 192
Units: 3039
Attack: 4031
Defence: 6678
Income: 163k/hr

Nation: USA
Attack/Defence points: 33/33
Energy: 1070
Stamina: 10

Cheers.

Regards,
Gobi
MW 156 481 972

gobi_wan
02-18-2012, 04:58 AM
oh and i forgot,
i have 5k valor.. not sure what to do with them.

Cheers.

Regards,
Gobi
MW 156 481 972

JMC
02-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't know what "bug" people are experiencing, but over the past 2 weeks I changed my attack strategy ( involving dropping down to 25 allies & only attacking rivals with 17 or fewer allies) and I am winning like 98% of my attacks and making over a million a day in loot. Click on my name and read some of the extended strategies I've payed out in other posts & you should get similar results.

Good luck.

From what i know about you, you're only bringing in like 100 units to battle and you are a gold buyer, so quite a few of those are probably indestructible. With a lower ally count, obviously, losses won't be as big with barely any units being brought into battle. Also you have stronger units, since they're gold, not everyone can drop down their unit count and expect to beat anyone. In most cases, if you plan to do any sort of attacking and winning, you have to have your maximum army size. Get 2000 troops that aren't gold and then see how your casualty rate is.

Deskjockey
02-18-2012, 02:53 PM
From what i know about you, you're only bringing in like 100 units to battle and you are a gold buyer, so quite a few of those are probably indestructible. With a lower ally count, obviously, losses won't be as big with barely any units being brought into battle. Also you have stronger units, since they're gold, not everyone can drop down their unit count and expect to beat anyone. In most cases, if you plan to do any sort of attacking and winning, you have to have your maximum army size. Get 2000 troops that aren't gold and then see how your casualty rate is.

JMC is right, Mcdoc. Your "strategy" is simply a reliance on gold units that are indestructible and have high attack strengths. For a non-gold player like the OP, your advice has little applicability. Maverick has posted Somme good tips in other threads for non-gold players, and there's a couple of different threads on this board on different strategies to follow. Personally, I think you have a pretty strong economy for a level 31, so it would be ok for you to start upgrading your unit buildings and building up your army with strong units. When choosing which buildings to upgrade, plan out a path to specific units you want to acquire and take into account which country you are (so if you are UK you will want to favor the naval buildings). Instead of buying the cheapest units, go for the strongest ones you can afford that also give you a good bang for your buck. What you want is a good "density" for your army--this means that you don't want 100 units that each have 2 attack, since you can only bring a limited number of them into battle. You want each individual unit to have as many attack and defense points as possible, so your overall alliance attack and defense score will be as high as possible.

Mcdoc
02-18-2012, 03:15 PM
I only have 20 gold units - and now that I'm back up to 59 allies - I take about 230 units into battle. Again - at my level 54 - I still am learning the game and don't have the perspective of folks over level 80 to see how long term strategies have played out - BUT - I can tell you that I have concentrated my forces to buy things like the 110k Yellow Sea Scout (Strong Against Sea)with high defenses (over 30 of them) and the 75k White Global Hawk Drone (Strong Against Air)- over 70 of them - with high defense stats so when people use my strategy against me (Like Kirk who attacks me once a day and leaves me $30k) - I can hold my own :)

Bottom line is the advice already given - don't waste your resources buying small stat units - instead save up for the 75k & 110k ones with better stats and when you score big - go buy a $360k Harrier if you're an air power country or similar high dollar high stat unit if you're a sea power or ground power nation for the extra boost in stats. You will also want to build the boost building to compliment your nation & forces - every stat boost helps.

Pick a nation, pick a units to match that nation, pick boost blogs to match those units - and choose wisely to buy high stat units with "Strong Againt . . ." boosts for ALL types of units for a well rounded defense against whatever forces come to attack you.

Most of all have fun - and keep an eye on the forum posts for new stategy ideas and for a heads up on which PVE missions give out great unit loots! I have over 140 of the Amphibious Troopers from the Docks map by killing the Amphibious Squad Leader. They have almost as good stats as the Navy Seal and in my battles they are excellent fodder so I don't cry when I lose one but gain $10k in loot plus another Citadel Tank or other nice unit loot :)

Good Luck

commandNconquer
02-18-2012, 09:04 PM
i have been reading a lot and took your advice on the amphibious you mentioned on some other thread before here i now have like 60 of them

Deskjockey
02-19-2012, 04:43 AM
I only have 20 gold units - and now that I'm back up to 59 allies - I take about 230 units into battle. Again - at my level 54 - I still am learning the game and don't have the perspective of folks over level 80 to see how long term strategies have played out - BUT - I can tell you that I have concentrated my forces to buy things like the 110k Yellow Sea Scout (Strong Against Sea)with high defenses (over 30 of them) and the 75k White Global Hawk Drone (Strong Against Air)- over 70 of them - with high defense stats so when people use my strategy against me (Like Kirk who attacks me once a day and leaves me $30k) - I can hold my own :)

Bottom line is the advice already given - don't waste your resources buying small stat units - instead save up for the 75k & 110k ones with better stats and when you score big - go buy a $360k Harrier if you're an air power country or similar high dollar high stat unit if you're a sea power or ground power nation for the extra boost in stats. You will also want to build the boost building to compliment your nation & forces - every stat boost helps.

Pick a nation, pick a units to match that nation, pick boost blogs to match those units - and choose wisely to buy high stat units with "Strong Againt . . ." boosts for ALL types of units for a well rounded defense against whatever forces come to attack you.

Most of all have fun - and keep an eye on the forum posts for new stategy ideas and for a heads up on which PVE missions give out great unit loots! I have over 140 of the Amphibious Troopers from the Docks map by killing the Amphibious Squad Leader. They have almost as good stats as the Navy Seal and in my battles they are excellent fodder so I don't cry when I lose one but gain $10k in loot plus another Citadel Tank or other nice unit loot :)

Good Luck

I meant no offense, Mcdoc. I just wanted to point out that the OP was a free player without gold units. I do agree that loot units for a level 31 player may be a good way of avoiding some of the worst losses PvP seems to be generating lately, but I'm still not sure if it will be financially profitable in the end without a core of gold units to rely on.

Mcdoc
02-19-2012, 06:19 AM
No problem DJ (I'm actually a DJ in RL) - I wasn't offended - I was just clarifying my Gold Units - I'm the one who put that out there in another post :). I just wanted to be fair about my advice with full disclosure in case my gold units might actually be the key to my success. I still think that lowering my Allie count was the best thing to affect the outcome of my battles. I was like 1000 wins and 1000 losses before I changed my strategy and now I'm triple wins over losses.

I truly think I've stumbled into strategy that allowed me to find an advantage. I still see people with allies between 15 and 115 - I just choose to target rivals with fewer than 30. I'm currently at 60.

Have fun :)