PDA

View Full Version : Question on Diamond Sig. I'm a bit behind, but Immmmm baaaaaack 

Synergy
02-12-2012, 02:54 PM
The way I read it, it seems that it gives you +1 more respect from every single successful attack from now on. That would add up and be waaaay worth it for me. I'm just trying to make sure that's actually how it is. I'm way behind because I was using HD exclusively and didn't even know about lockboxes, diamonds, etc until two days ago. I don't mind spending a little fold, but I wanna get something good in return for it. Any suggestions?

And by the way......I'm baaaaaaack! Ban was just lifted a couple hours ago. I probably won't be around as much, and if it wasn't for sum cool people I've met here I wouldn't come back at all. But for those who it may concern, don't worry....you've done what needed to be done in order to get me to keep my mouth shut about defense buildings......

Nudie
02-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Let me be the first to wish you welcome back.
Have not heard of anyone successfully getting the diamond sig yet. Lots of golden M4s around though.
I have over 20 lockboxes which have all stubbornly remained locked. LOL.

allhaildiscordia
02-12-2012, 03:26 PM
There's been 2 pics of Diamond Sigs in inventory posted here. One by me during the beta and another today.

I've got more lockboxes than I know what to do with. They are fairly easy to get from jobs and PVP vs. players that have them. Easy way to tell if they are participating is to look in their inventory. As far as opening them, lots of conspiracy theories about "must use gold to get diamonds" but I don't think that's the case. I had 2 in a row open with the free option, one with the cash and another with 500 RP.

Giedrius
02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I got my Sig today and I'm not beta tester. I saw 3 people so far have them.

Joeycool
02-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I've spent a whole day opening boxes with Gold... one an hour so about 15 boxes at 150G. Not a single diamond.

I think its very hard to get to the Sig.

The odds seem to be stacked against you!

erik
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Good to see you back Synergy. It will probably be a bit tough to do it without a decent chunk of gold. If we knew for sure if the LD and HD events could not be repeated on the other platform... I would have suggested to stay away. But as it could be a double dip.... here are my results to give some idea on what 0 Gold playing can get.

So about 95 hours in and 80 to go:

30 Opens out of 74 Tries. 9 Diamonds.

Joeycool
02-12-2012, 04:04 PM
30 Opens out of 74 Tries. 9 Diamonds.

Thats pretty good going. Like I say I had 15 boxes opened today with out a single diamond. You are almost getting 1 in 3 as a diamond!

I have 0 in 15!

Synergy
02-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks to all for the welcomes back. Like i said im behind because i was using HD, didnt have forum access, and basically just started collecting yesterday. I got 6 diamonds, almost all through the "expert kit". I just haven't had much luck since. I'm sitting on 62 lockboxes. Getting the boxes hasn't been hard at ALL, BUT the 5 or 6 times that I have used gold to open them with the master kit, I've either gotten the ARX gun, punker jacket, $250,000, $25,000, 500 rp, and only ONE diamond so I won't be using any more gold to try to get more diamonds unless it comes down to just hours left and I'm only lacking one or two diamonds (because I think the sig would be worth it if it adds 1 rp to each attack from now on). Anyone got any advice to acquire the diamonds more quickly? Any help would b appreciated.

Synergy
02-12-2012, 04:47 PM
There's been 2 pics of Diamond Sigs in inventory posted here. One by me during the beta and another today.

I've got more lockboxes than I know what to do with. They are fairly easy to get from jobs and PVP vs. players that have them. Easy way to tell if they are participating is to look in their inventory. As far as opening them, lots of conspiracy theories about "must use gold to get diamonds" but I don't think that's the case. I had 2 in a row open with the free option, one with the cash and another with 500 RP.

So do you think that once you have 7 diamonds or more, that using the "expert kit" (when it actually opens a lockbox), is any less successful in getting a diamond than using gold or the "master kit" ?

Fricco
02-12-2012, 05:34 PM
there have been post as to what the best times or ways to approach the lock box are,
i am currently using the cash options (saving gold for the last day )
currently have 8 diamonds, i find that when im not on CC and let the message appear
my box is ready i usually pull something. everybody has a different method .
good luck

Welcome Back Synergy

Whoopdido1980
02-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I probably attempted ike 10 today. 1 diamond (7th one so I have my Golden M4). I can't remember for sure but I got a 500 RP and at least one $125,000. In any event, 3 or 4 opened out of 10 is pretty good for me. I believe I got 3 diamonds my first day, 2 the second day and 1 each on day 3 and 4.

allhaildiscordia
02-12-2012, 06:22 PM
So do you think that once you have 7 diamonds or more, that using the "expert kit" (when it actually opens a lockbox), is any less successful in getting a diamond than using gold or the "master kit" ?

I don't think the gold kit is more likely to contain diamonds vs. the other methods.

JimmyShines
02-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Welcome back Synergy.

Ghost818
02-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey bro, i had 7 diamonds and 35+ unsuccessful tries after i got 7 D's using the expert(13500 cause im level 135 i leveled twice while trying to get all 10 diamonds) I just used the master kit 3 times(+3 resets) in a row and got my last 3 diamonds I finally got the sig:D

Ghost818
02-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't think the gold kit is more likely to contain diamonds vs. the other methods.
I have to disagree, after 36 tries and no diamonds (had 7) i used 60 gold and got my last 3 in a row.

erik
02-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Synergy,

IMO based on the huge # of chests some folks have opened with Gold and 9 diamonds... it probably does not change the odds of the drop, just the open.

erik
02-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Just replied from pg. 1 and am reading Ghosts post now. There is definitely evidence of others having used over 30 gold bars at 9. I think you may have been incredibly lucky, but I sure wouldn't mind if they tweaked it!!

Tramp Stamp
02-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Synergy, defense buildings are everything--EVERYTHING--they are cracked up to be. This is inarguable. Do not try to argue. Your so called "evidence" is invalid. The math is totally wrong, FYI.

http://thegurglingcod.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c387d53ef0148c84decb8970c-320wi