PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of robbing and fighting if you lose more than you gain?

mdtacor
02-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm trying to understand this game. I stopped fighting and robbing because every other time I'm losing a "low casualty rate" unit such as my GIGNs and Avengers.

I've even noticed that I lost some Avengers when others attacked me. Is there a way around excessively losing your low-risk assets?

Someone please explain this.

chuck norris
02-12-2012, 10:42 AM
There is no point. Major developer screw up. Look around and read a bit. Been this way for months.

mdtacor
02-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks...enough that I needed to hear to uninstall this waste of time. Cheers!

chuck norris
02-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Good for you. Cheers.

mdtacor
02-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Now I need to find a way to stop playing the addictive "Crime City".
Hope the developers do the same thing to that game :D

JohnnyR
02-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Go to the very first map, the desert one, hit the insurgent leader a few hundred times. When you have numbers of desert leaders in the hundreds, then go attack.

These and the amphibious troopers are the first to go in about 50%10 of your battles. The more you have, the more likely you'll be ok in your other losses. I noticed after pounding a guy that ALL he lost was desert leaders. Since then I've been following suit.

I think the real problem is that there isn't enough worth attacking. I've figured out how to stanch the blood flow of losing expensive units, and I've figured out how to pick my battles and raids. Problem is that there is not enough out there to make attacking and raiding worthwhile. Everything is in vaults or collected. Everthing takes forever to do, and I mean EVERYTHING.

TheGasman
02-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Good tip mate, but where are the amphibious troopers again?

Mcdoc
02-12-2012, 02:03 PM
I agree with JohnnyR - bank up some disposable units. The two he mentioned are the easiest with the Desert Leader costing the least & 100% win. I have about 40 of amphib units from the docks but l have been buying a lot of other higher units with the million plus cash I get from attacks each day and so lately I've only been bring 4 of the 40 to battle & when I do lose a unit in every 4th or 5th battle - it is usually a looted unit such as the amphib anyway so I'm not out any real cash :)

Here is the real strategy - To BUILD up your forces and bank some money from attacks - drop your ally count down to 25 (so you can still get your $25,000 each day just for visiting your allies) and focus your attacks on people with fewer than 18 allies. So I am consistently bringing my top 100 units into battle against 60 to 68 of their highest defensive units - so my chances to win are already stacked in my favor based on the counts alone - and now I just have to stack my higher units to ensure my victories!

People also have to buy units for defense too. I love the "Global Drone" plane wich is "strong against air" with a 4a / 15d - it is a bargain @ $75k. A lot of people are stocking up on the Osprey & Hornets so "strong against air" has even more importance now Because of the low Attack score of 4 it never makes it into battle when I attack, but the 15 defense ensures it is protecting me (I have over 40 of them) so when I get attacked, I win 99% of the time and most times I get up to $30k from attacks against me as an extra added bonus :). Those amphib units have 6a 8d so they show up to defend me in battle even when they get bumped out of my top 100 when I attack.

Bottom line is: if you're losing battles and losing units right now - its not because the game sucks - its because your stategy sucks. Pick your battles like I suggested and you can "turtle" your way to building up a top heavy force and when you feel your army is stacked enough in the higher units - then get your ally count back up to 70 or higher and come out swinging :)

JohnnyR
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Docks I believe, the amphibious leader or leader of some sort. I don't hit it anymore cos it requires me to buy light gunners which displace my desert leaders due to them having higher casualty rate (a guess).

Mcdoc
02-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Problem is that there is not enough out there to make attacking and raiding worthwhile. Everything is in vaults or collected.

Here is my attack strategy: I have put skill points towards obtaining a stamina of 18. So when I collect from my cash units and take a 30 minute break - I come back to 18 chances to find some loose loot.

I dropped my ally count from 84 down to 25 for now so I can grind some cash & build up my base & my units. I refresh my rivals list until I find a set with people who have 18 or fewer allies. So at 15, I get my top 100 attack units against their top 60 defense units. 95 % of the time i get a Win with Exp + Valor points & NO cash on the FIRST attack against a Rival - SO - i move down the list to the next person below 18 Allies until I get that sucka who lets loose 28k & I pound them for 8 attacks. The loot drops down a little each time, but I end up with a total of about 60k before they are "Too Weak To Battle" & I move "on to the next one" ( Jay-Z). I don't even attempt a 2nd attack if I get less than $3k on the 1st attempt - BUT - there is that Rival about once an hour who drops $68k on the first attack and I'll ride them for 7 more attacks EVEN if I have to wait 3 minutes between attacks if I run out of stamina in the middle of a battle :)

By the way, I end up with looted units on top of the cash - so I have some really cool units that I can't buy anywhere but have some pretty decent stats. I have 28 border ships, 12 Citadel tanks, 34 of some other attack tank & COUNTLESS other units that were bonus loot that have better than average A/D stats than the lower level units in the stores that I'm perfectly happy to see go out as my occasional losses in battle.

I still can't believe how many people have cash that is not vaulted. Not sure if they are naive or maybe they decided to buy some cash and went overboard and bought more than they could spend on expanding / upgrading / building / vaulting and I happened upon them while they were venerable - but either way - their is some loose change out their to be had - you just gotta be a little more coy in how you pick-pocket :)

JohnnyR
02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
I gotta try this. Thanks for sharing the details of your strategy Mcdoc, I've gotta run but it's sounding clever as hell. I haven't been able to pull any decent hauls in some time now.

elangomatt
02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks for sharing your strategy, I have been wondering if I shouldn't drop a bunch of allies to change up my rival list and maybe get some better targets. Most of my peers currently keep most of the cash vaulted and money buildings pretty well collected. I had a couple decent loot targets today, but those are the first ones I can remember in a pretty long time.

Chiefer
02-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, just wait til that BIG change happens. I wouldn't attack anyone. Me thinks valor items go first which is
bonkers and a waste of time and progression.

ephedledo
02-13-2012, 01:46 PM
escarpins louboutin cases a new income associate will make available to you to help that earlier toward the markdown morning arrives or or honor the markdown cost tag if it'll be altered in an very early morning or two. 6. about Christian chaussures religious louboutin sneakers savings in addition to bounce-backs have christian louboutin (http://www.ukchristianlouboutinssale1.com/) attained in realization essentially crucial distributors and electric outlet facilities. Hagglers frequently request form and design a discount available earlier to they're just shopping for. you give the exact same fulfillment, Very good posts over could be a phone of numerous humans during the bazaar currently, not just about any aggregation can assure you. See extra and acquire your like; know a lot about Christian Louboutin pumps that you can buy Christian Louboutin Outlet.

Nevertheless, r incorporates a reddish sole. Louboutin info is exhibited speedily from Christian Louboutin is a smallish piece of details content, consumer details ChLouboutin sneakers worn due to to begin christian louboutin outlet (http://www.ukchristianlouboutinssale1.com/) with Religious time for you to consider what CL pumps, whether or not each of the Christian Louboutin pumps show information it really is probable to just click in the footwear with the girls. Very important during the particular manner world now, folks have by today recognized, and it really is genuinely very hard for them to take difficulties color. As a result, inside our view, the red sole is a brand of footwear louboutin chaussures louboutin Louboutin around Paris Christian Louboutin Outlet. It is actually absolutely the soul of Louboutin workout shoes sale.

The human capability in order to acknowledge only suitable bazaar Conna big t some organizations acknowledge your acceptability of accretion whilst in the bazaar and Christian Louboutin shoes reproduction is certainly one of all all those. Plenty of people adopt the Christian Louboutin sneakers purchase are probably an arrangement acceptable to you currently. You're a small christian louboutin sale (http://www.ukchristianlouboutinssale1.com/) terrified since ability to assistance a lot of your high-cut sections of checking out at the moment so you're able in order to entirely genuine tough although you may will not accept these costs by chance you superior far too. Louboutin shoes, You definitely know the particular capability of such things accomplished a lot better within the bazaar right now because it features a quantity that does many actual gentleman enjoyment Christian Louboutin Sale.

Read More:
http://www.ukchristianlouboutinssale1.com/
Christian Louboutin Metallip 120 suede and metal pumps (http://www.forum.ssloha.ru/profile.php?id=46993)
Christian Louboutin Shoe Signing mdash (http://www.wrzmonster.com/member.php?u=368406)
Designer red bottom shoes christian louboutin shoes (http://www.nordisk.nu/member.php?u=34798)
The dancefloor with shoe maestro Christian Louboutin (http://forum.muarena.net/member.php?41273-ceriaFete)
Christian Louboutin Metallip 120 suede and metal pumps (http://www.kadoshe.com.br/forum/member.php?u=2438)

chuck norris
02-13-2012, 07:44 PM
In the search for a solution or formula to lessen unit casualties, I have tried several things. I firstly tried many high value low loss units, and I have tried meat shielding, where you have loads of disposable units who hopefully die instead of expensive ones. Loot items are generally low loss far as I know , so theoretically my choice of 3-1 fighters and 2-1 rangers, which are mid to high loss, should yield very good meat shielding performance. In my experience, never NEVER were my expensive units safe. I slowly continued to expand my meat shield force from 100 to 200 to 300 until at it's peak I had 400 fighters and 200 rangers. 600 out of 800. I **** you not. STILL high value units were lost. Currently there is one answer for unit casualties. They die, end of story.

In spite of this so called bug, I have continued spending my stamina points. Four weeks ago I averaged 60 per day now I'm down to 20. Ive gone up and done the scale of meat-shield percentage, stocked valor to lower valor unit percentage, tried attacking only very weak players, built up a LVL 6 infirmary, i have 60+ attack points at level 44... The only thing I havent tried is avoiding pvp altogether. Cause I really was looking for a way to make it work.

The devs are silent once again, Modern War is still on the list of top grossing apps, which by the way means they have made a ****load of money since December, and we are still seeing new gold units bein rolled out like clockwork, and the PVP core of this game lies in a twisted butchered heap, even after weeks and months of threads and posts and complaints and questions and requests from free and gold and polite and angry players, and the only thing worth anything is an outdated promise of "we know and we will". How much is that worth.

So how about an update?

JohnnyR
02-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Chuck, have you tried loading up on loot items? My two strategies are to have a broad mix of meat shields and loot like crazy. The loots actually drop quite quickly (amphibious troopers and Desert leaders), I think faster than their high casualty brethren Rangers and Light Gunners. I also noticed a drop in the amount of high dollar losses by spreading my meat shield numbers equally, not sure if that was simply coinkadink, just an observation.

Valor units I'm losing least are Super Hornets and Combat Boats. Lose a ton of Stalkers and Avengers...