PDA

View Full Version : Many questions (Lockboxes, RObbing, etc.)

Amor
02-11-2012, 12:55 PM
1. For the first time ever, I robbed a building 3x and received full loot 3x. It was a lv1 Crematorium. I thought this was not possible. I have had the opposite happen many times before, but never 3x. The question is, 'wtf'?

2. Robbing buildings and getting no respect - Im sure everyone has had this happen...you rob a building and get the cash and xp, but no respect. My question here is why does this happen, is there any way to tell when it will happen, and can it be prevented?

3. Lockboxes - Does anyone have 7-10 diamonds WITHOUT USING GOLD?

4. Empty hoods - There are several hoods that I have visted regularly (20+ times a day) and every single frickin time, not a single building is lootable. My question here is what happens if a player quits? His buildings produce until robbed, then they will never produce again until he logs in and collects, correct? Is this the explanation, or are there literally some players that do not sleep more than 55 minutes straight for the duration of their Crime City Lives? It must be the former...

I had many other questions, should have jotted them down, they are now forgotten. Ill edit them in if I remember. Thaks ahead of time for anyone who answers.

bredo2
02-11-2012, 02:07 PM
1. Never seen happen. Only 3x i see, is when the third time pays out 1 buck.

2. It has been like this for a long time. Happens very seldom though. Don't know what causes it.

3. I spent some gold so i wouldnt know, but i have also opened alot of boxes with cash options and gotten diamonds.

4. Probably ppl who are away for a while, and all buildings are robbed. Either that or someone who has timers and collects "perfectly".

madawgg
02-11-2012, 02:23 PM
never seen 1 and 2, stuck on 6 for question 3. and for question 4...it's prbly because someone got ahead of you and robbed those buildings already. so they wouldnt show up as lootable

Coco c
02-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I have 7 diamonds and did not use gold (yet)!!I'm waiting til the last day to use my Tapjoy gold if I don't have 10 by then. So far today I have received only loot and no diamonds.

Amor
02-11-2012, 02:44 PM
I appreciate the responses. Honestly, if I dont get 3 more diamonds in 5 days, then the program is rigged and Funzio doesnt deserve my gold. If I dont have the final item by then, Funzio can shove it; I refuse to spend gold on 'a possibility'. So far I am on diamond 7 and Im 24 hours dry.

Whoopdido1980
02-11-2012, 02:57 PM
I appreciate the responses. Honestly, if I dont get 3 more diamonds in 5 days, then the program is rigged and Funzio doesnt deserve my gold. If I dont have the final item by then, Funzio can shove it; I refuse to spend gold on 'a possibility'. So far I am on diamond 7 and Im 24 hours dry.

I agree with this. Obviously this was a money making idea. Funzio is a business and I have no problem with them coming up with new ideas to make money. However, I don't plan on spending any gold to get my 10 diamonds. If people want to, that's fine, but I don't plan to. I'm zero for today and if I can't get 5 more by the time this ends, it will piss me off to no end and I'll most likely completely give up the game. I've wasted far too much time on this already and that would be a good reason to quit cold turkey. Not worth the aggravation.

Amor
02-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Well said.

Max Power
02-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Why don't you guys quit now? I mean, it sounds like if you don't get your Sig, all is lost.

Sounds like the aggravation this is causing you is already a problem.

k0de
02-11-2012, 04:45 PM
1. You got lucky. Good for you.
2. You were unlucky. **** happens (but probably not that often that you need to worry about it, right?)
3. I have 8 and only used gold once by accident (for the record, it yielded no diamond).
4. This one is interesting, though not so much on the point of the question itself. Hoods with no loot available could be easily explained- either the player is a fanatical collector or you're simply too late to the party. However, there is something I've wondered about for a while- what happens when a hood is abandoned? Once a player quits the game, does their account continue to appear on rivals lists? I only raise this because the thought occurred to me when I first started playing that if inactive accounts were to remain in play, then over the lifetime of the game the accumulation of inactive accounts would eventually far outweigh those which were active. The reason this was of concern to me at the time was because I was only doing robberies and PvC and I was worried about having nothing available to rob. Now that I, like most others (I've since learned) really only play PvP it doesn't really matter either way. In fact, it's probably better if an inactive player can still be attacked since a larger rival pool lessens the chances of selecting a target who is "too beat up". However, it would seem reasonable that only an account with recent activity should appear to active players, as it would probably be frustrating to not even be able to find a Laundromat to rob as they all got cleaned out nine months ago. But to answer the question, I have no idea. Perhaps they're on the hax and have a collect-bot, who knows?

AppleMacGuy
02-11-2012, 05:22 PM
I've wondered about for a while- what happens when a hood is abandoned? Once a player quits the game, does their account continue to appear on rivals lists? I only raise this because the thought occurred to me when I first started playing that if inactive accounts were to remain in play, then over the lifetime of the game the accumulation of inactive accounts would eventually far outweigh those which were active.

Exactly, you can't have stale accounts kicking around and that is why there is a mechanism for dealing with that scenario. What actually happens is that Funzio put these hoods effectively on "hold". My estimate is that a player enters the hold state 7-10 days after the last app launch. Those players will no longer appear in the Rival list, until such time as the player launches CC again, to effectively reset the timer. That is based on my own observations of players I know who left the game completely and also those who subsequently returned.

Nudie
02-11-2012, 06:28 PM
From my own experience, when I went on vacation and didn't play the game for a week.
When I reconnected, I had more cash than when I stopped. Either some auto collect was goin on or a whole bunch of people tried to attack me and lost and left money.
Some buildingds were still uncollected and unrobbed. This kinda surprised me as I had expected every building to have been robbed in 7 days. Supports my suspicion that there may be some auto collect and timer reset going on.

DougVan
02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
1,2 and 4 have been answered the best I can think of. In terms of diamonds I'm at 8 right now, no gold and don't expect to spend either... I missed the first day and have grabbed an average of 4 a day... Seems like the correct number for those aggressively opening boxes and setting a timer. I believe 4 a day is also close to the average for M4's on the shooting gallery and we've all had dry spells there... I would assume the same random number generator is in use for the boxes and as such a 0 day today could bring 8 tmrw... I think someone had 8 or 9 on the first day as well. I am building tapjoy gold in case (will use towards Gents club if I'm fine) but I think I'll wait till the final day to start panicking.

Amor
02-11-2012, 08:48 PM
k0de, Apple, great info, much appreciated.

I thought of another question: why in bloody hell does your avatar choose to walk all the way across someone's hood to rob a building sometimes? Normally your avatar appears where he needs to be to rob the building, and then maybe walk a short ways to correctly position himself. Highly annoying.

k0de
02-11-2012, 09:57 PM
why in bloody hell does your avatar choose to walk all the way across someone's hood to rob a building sometimes?

I dunno. Speaking for mine, it's probably because they can't fit brains and looks together in the same package, and the reason she does stupid things like that is because she's stupid. Stupid, but still hot. Stupid and hot. What more could you want?

(Yeah, I guess I've kinda got a thing for my avatar.)

fatacad
02-12-2012, 12:06 AM
I have many questions too; Where do we come from? Why are we here? What's the meaning of it all? Why did the Mayans fall? Who was Jack the Ripper? Why are Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton famous? Life's full of mysteries.

AppleMacGuy
02-12-2012, 02:11 AM
k0de, Apple, great info, much appreciated.

I thought of another question: why in bloody hell does your avatar choose to walk all the way across someone's hood to rob a building sometimes? Normally your avatar appears where he needs to be to rob the building, and then maybe walk a short ways to correctly position himself. Highly annoying.

Yeah, this one has pissed me off a _lot_ of times too and cost me lost rob income, major amounts on some occasions. One simple workaround is to click nearby to where you want your avatar to go...but you haver to make a conscious effort to remember.

Either way, I consider it a bug, as bad as the game slowdown bug - why the **** hasn't that one still not been fixed?

Max Power
02-12-2012, 06:23 AM
I have many questions too; Where do we come from? Why are we here? What's the meaning of it all? Why did the Mayans fall? Who was Jack the Ripper? Why are Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton famous? Life's full of mysteries.

I cant wait until December 23 so I can yell "Suck it Mayans".

Either that or I will be in a pot of lava in Mayan hell.

Royal Flush
02-12-2012, 10:08 AM
You mean December 22?

fatacad
02-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Actually it's December 21st but that's beside the point

Amor
02-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Helpful, thanks.