PDA

View Full Version : Lockbox Diamonds Stop After 9

Poppins
02-10-2012, 03:37 PM
The "randomized" chance of getting a diamond from the lockboxes is NOT uniform for diamonds #1 through #10. It is roughly 50% (or less) for diamonds #1 through #9, and just about impossible to get the 10th. I've spent an embarrassing amount of gold trying to get that 10th diamond. Ive unlocked somewhere in the range of 25 - 30 boxes since I got my 9th.

Can anyone else confirm that the odds are rigged, or should I quit and start buying lottery tickets?

Funzio, if you're reading this, please double check your scripts to make sure that the cutoff is >10 and not >=10, or tell us why it is ok to rig your odds, unless you do not have any legal obligation to disclose this to the people that are filling your wallets (and purses).

Twinkie
02-10-2012, 03:44 PM
I think there is one person on this forum who got the SIG, Max. Everyone else is stuck at 9 or under.

I'm saving my gold for like the last 24 hours, hooked up on caffeine, start a movie marathon, and just go hardcore every hour on this. If that not gonna work at the end, I'm gonna throw my phone out the window. :p

Ram
02-10-2012, 03:59 PM
The good news is that you still have 5 days to get it.

Brent
02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeah, ive failed the last 5 times and still stuck with 6 diamonds.

ThugKilla
02-10-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm stuck at 9 as well. I've opened over 35 lockboxes at 9 diamonds (yes, spending gold and spending gold to reset timer) and still nothing. My god it must be a very low percentage.

J.J.
02-10-2012, 05:02 PM
You don't even wanna hear what I've got to say...73 boxes opened since my 9th with no diamond. I sure got tons of useless punker jackets though.

dudeman
02-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I have seen a few diamond sigs. The icon doesn't show up for it in HD though.

I only have three diamonds, and there are five days left. You people who have 9 and are complaining...

There's an old saying that goes something like "fools and their money are easily separated". I think Funzio has that framed in their office.

xclusiv
02-10-2012, 06:16 PM
there is five days people need to be more patient, if worst comes to worst on the last day then get some gold if really need to, but before then i would just wait it out.

JimmyShines
02-10-2012, 06:25 PM
I think there is one person on this forum who got the SIG, Max. Everyone else is stuck at 9 or under.

Max, plus a few other forum members are beta testers, and I believe all of us got the sig during the beta test. Don't worry, you'll all get the sig, there are many days left to go.

J.J.
02-10-2012, 06:28 PM
I just hope that the 10th diamond isn't a carrot they're dangling out there that no one can get. Maybe they could do a diamond sale on the last day of this. 100 gold per diamond. I'll keep trying at it still, but I've switched my strategy up.

By the way, I have a trunk full of punker jackets I'm selling on the street corner in my hood. I'll let them go REAL cheap. Come to my swap meet!

Lola Gets
02-10-2012, 06:40 PM
By the way, I have a trunk full of punker jackets I'm selling on the street corner in my hood. I'll let them go REAL cheap. Come to my swap meet!

Those are still good at my level...LET'S MAKE A DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.J.
02-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Those are still good at my level...LET'S MAKE A DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're so worthless to me that I'd give them all to you in exchange for a turkey pastrami sandwich from your deli.

Labradorite
02-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Good luck to all of us. Hope we all get 10 diamonds!

Bruiser
02-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Lets just say it will be a nail biting final day for all of us...Just what Funzio wanted...

COHagan23
02-10-2012, 08:26 PM
It's completely possible. There is a spoon. It took me a total of 34 opened boxes to get 10 diamonds. Probably had at least 50 failed attempts over that span.

procsyzarc
02-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Don't count your beta experiences since they have already made changes such as costs on live so wouldn't be surprised if they changed rates too. I just got to 7 not too worried have 500 gold if needed at end since 10 diamonds is more important than a palm hotel, if I don't get it will most likely quit out of principal of cunzio's money gouging tactics

Poppins
02-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Am I the only one who finds it suspicious that in all the lockbox threads, someone is constantly telling us to be patient and that there are still x days left. It's like Funzio is currently restricting us from getting the 10th diamond, but will flip on the switch on the last day so no one questions that they ever had it rigged in the first place...

Hypothetically, if I were to be doing something unethical to make money, I would be going out of my way to make people think otherwise. Just saying

erik
02-10-2012, 09:04 PM
I am with Poppins. This is definitely fishy. For me all signs point to Tramp Stamp as a Funzio disinformation plant.

If he doesn't deny this by say 11:59am PST Sunday, then Poppins and I have cracked the case.

Duke.0
02-10-2012, 10:48 PM
I have opened about 10-15 lock boxes and not one diamond. Most of the time i get a "sorry" message for trying.

I got

FBI Van
Punker Jackets

No diamonds at all.

deuces
02-10-2012, 11:00 PM
WTF duke!! thats absurd sorry sir. Hopefully your diamonds are backwards and you'll get 2-10 as quickly as some people got 1-9.

Duke.0
02-10-2012, 11:08 PM
yeah i know, its odd...i know JJ had a similar experience with diamonds.

Still looking for my first diamond. Got 14 more lockboxes to open up.

Royal Flush
02-11-2012, 02:31 AM
I had a similar experience Duke but then started getting diamonds. Too hungover to work out the probabilities but all I can say is that the medium chance isn't 50% of opening it

Whoopdido1980
02-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Just got my 5th diamond. I assume the post in another thread about the times was sarcastic but I got about 10-12fails in a row during "normal" hours yesterday and the day before but at about midnight I got my 4th diamond and my dog just got me up right now and I got my 5th diamond. I'm 2 for my last 3 during "late night" hours and zero for everything during "normal" hours. I hate to get wrapped up in conspiracies but I wonder if there really is something to the time thing.

fuzzy
02-11-2012, 06:52 AM
Just landed my 7th diamond. Went looking to the junkyard and got 2 m4a1 and 2 lockbox back to back then next 5 taps nothing.

J.J.
02-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Still at 9 and sitting on 27 boxes at the moment. Haven't been able to open one for a while b/c I ran out of gold for now.

Ghost818
02-11-2012, 07:54 AM
just got my 7th also

ThugKilla
02-11-2012, 07:59 AM
i'm still on 9 diamonds and have opened over 45 lockboxes at this position... i've stopped spending gold at this point (i meant to a while ago, but kept plugging gold into it...) to reset the timer and am just doing the 10 gold every hour. I still have over 20 lockboxes saved up...

very very low percentage rate.. to the point of not fair. i've more then paid for what this item would cost in gold. They should make something in the code to compensate for that to some point...

ahh well i'll keep trying...

Fricco
02-11-2012, 08:04 AM
i'm still on 9 diamonds and have opened over 45 lockboxes at this position... i've stopped spending gold at this point (i meant to a while ago, but kept plugging gold into it...) to reset the timer and am just doing the 10 gold every hour. I still have over 20 lockboxes saved up...

very very low percentage rate.. to the point of not fair. i've more then paid for what this item would cost in gold. They should make something in the code to compensate for that to some point...

ahh well i'll keep trying...

at that point you should just open with cash wait till the last day and then go with gold,
seems like they dont want anyone to have it before the last day(when they expect people to purchase gold)

Amber_
02-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I feel you duke.. Yesterday I had opened 18 boxes (with the cash option) and only got TWO to open. And what did I get? 25k... Then I opened 3 with gold and got 3 diamonds. Have tried to open some more with cash today and when one finally opened, all I got was some worthless jacket.. I figured the only way to get diamonds was to open with gold, so I opened 5 with gold. Got 3 extremely crappy guns, a jacket, and ONE diamond... Wow, this is SO not worth it. Just another way for funzio to get us to spend gold. Fair enough, but it shouldn't get harder to get another diamond the more you have. Really smart move from funzio though, cause when people have 8-9 diamonds, they will of course spend real cash like crazy to get that final one..

Max Power
02-11-2012, 12:47 PM
I have seen a few diamond sigs. The icon doesn't show up for it in HD though.

I only have three diamonds, and there are five days left. You people who have 9 and are complaining...

There's an old saying that goes something like "fools and their money are easily separated". I think Funzio has that framed in their office.

This is about the 100th post in a row from you that is anti-Funzio. I am no Funzio apologist, but once again, I think it might be time for you to quit the game. Or get Funzio to nerf the rules in your favor again.

The whining gets seriously old.

For the record, it took me a long time to get my 10th as well.

I would love to see allhaildiscordia post the code so we could see the odds.

Babytway
02-11-2012, 12:51 PM
This is about the 100th post in a row from you that is anti-Funzio. I am no Funzio apologist, but once again, I think it might be time for you to quit the game. Or get Funzio to nerf the rules in your favor again.

WTG Max i thought it was just me, i betcha when funzio does the HD only event we won't hear one anti-funzio complaint......or will we

murf
02-11-2012, 12:57 PM
I have gotten the 10th diamond. I used the 10g option to open the lockboxes and it took me about 20 tries total to get 10 diamonds. Seems like I was a little lucky there.

Babytway
02-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Congrats, ive been stuck like everyone else

dudeman
02-11-2012, 01:20 PM

I'm not sure how that post was taken as anti-Funzio. It was meant to be taken as:
"I know I'm not getting the diamond sig, and probably not even the golden M4, so to those with 9 diamonds already, just spend the gold. Funzio knows you want to."

DougVan
02-11-2012, 08:12 PM
To max and allhail, as well as any other beta tester... Did you the event function the same way for you? Ie hourly box opening, three levels of lock picks.. Etc. if so did any of you use solely in game cash as opposed to gold? I know both allhail and Max have the sig, was hoping you guys could lend some insight?

Steve0
02-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Early today I got 3 Diamonds in a row around 9 and 11 this morning. Now nothing in the last 8 tries. I am going to keep trying. I have 6 sofar and i have lots of time left. also not buying gold.

Bantario
02-11-2012, 09:33 PM
I got my Tenth yesterday, however I'm getting the odd drop of +1 respect, shouldn't be a minimum of +2?

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb416/Bantario/photo1-1.png

CJ Sniper
02-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Did you confirm it by looking on the profile rather than trusting the message? It may just not be showing an adjusted echo.

COHagan23
02-11-2012, 10:20 PM
To max and allhail, as well as any other beta tester... Did you the event function the same way for you? Ie hourly box opening, three levels of lock picks.. Etc. if so did any of you use solely in game cash as opposed to gold? I know both allhail and Max have the sig, was hoping you guys could lend some insight?

Yes, it functioned the same way, though the beta period was only 5 days so we did not have a full length version of the event. I got my first 9 diamonds in about 3 days, all using the medium (expert) lockpick kit. That includes being locked out for 18 hours by a bug (after getting the 7th diamond and receiving the Golden M4 I could not log in anymore because the item hadn't been added to the server database yet).

When beta testing was to end in 2 hours I used about 100 gold to get the last diamond (5 master unlocks & 5 rushes). I only did this because it wasn't clear if I'd start back at 0 once the test period ended and the mainstream event began. Had I know it would have carrier over I would have just kept plugging away with expert unlocks.

There are definitely dry spells. The longest one I recorded was 17 failed attempts in a row. But I'm convinced it's doable without spending gold.

fatacad
02-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure how that post was taken as anti-Funzio. It was meant to be taken as:
"I know I'm not getting the diamond sig, and probably not even the golden M4, so to those with 9 diamonds already, just spend the gold. Funzio knows you want to."

I agree completely, the way Funzio significantly decreases the amount of diamonds dropped as you progress towards the next diamond weapon (which has not been proven but has been confirmed by a majority of players) is a sneaky and clever way to get suckers to waste gold on "attempts" to open the lock boxes for diamonds. Not only are you wasting 10 gold for a guaranteed open, but another 10 to reset the timer. That's 20 gold for a non-guaranteed diamond. I wouldn't have a problem with this if Funzio hadn't been so sneaky at the start, allowing the first 5 diamonds something like an 80% drop rate, and then secretly decreasing the drop rate as you get closer and closer. This can mislead a lot of people into thinking they are just getting unlucky and they need to speed up the process and buy gold otherwise they will "miss out". Las Vegas uses similar tactics. Anyways, my diamond drop rate so far WITHOUT GOLD: First day- 5 diamonds. 2nd day- 1 diamond. Today- ZERO diamonds for a total of 6 diamonds.

Klax
02-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I got up to 8 diamonds using tap joy gold and expert kits. Now I can't seem to get anymore diamonds and I keep getting these stupid pimp mobiles. Good news is that I got the diamond knuckles and the laser rifle in lock boxes.

2Legit
02-11-2012, 11:06 PM
At least u got 9.. Ive been stuck at 7 even with gold use..all I get are worthless items that u can easily loot elsewhere

greeneyes
02-12-2012, 01:29 AM
got the same feeling. I no way can have 10 diamonds at the end of the event. if game cash can deal with it, no way pay for gold.

Everytime I open the lockbox, it connect to server. For what ? Why need to connect to server ? I think it connect to server to prevent people from having 10 diamonds.

Royal Flush
02-12-2012, 02:20 AM
My experience it's been fairly average each day. 2, 3, 1 so to get the first 5 on day 1 was pretty lucky! Should only be getting 1-2 each day on average

fatacad
02-12-2012, 02:21 AM
got the same feeling. I no way can have 10 diamonds at the end of the event. if game cash can deal with it, no way pay for gold.

Everytime I open the lockbox, it connect to server. For what ? Why need to connect to server ? I think it connect to server to prevent people from having 10 diamonds.

I don't follow you..

Royal Flush
02-12-2012, 04:04 AM
I think what greeneyes is trying to say is that it seems the loot from the boxes is determined by the server rather than through the app, which means the drop rates and open rates can be adjusted as and when Funzio want to, rather than like with the loot from jobs which doesn't connect to the server and is at fixed rate based on the app version

Amber_
02-12-2012, 04:33 AM
I agree completely, the way Funzio significantly decreases the amount of diamonds dropped as you progress towards the next diamond weapon (which has not been proven but has been confirmed by a majority of players) is a sneaky and clever way to get suckers to waste gold on "attempts" to open the lock boxes for diamonds. Not only are you wasting 10 gold for a guaranteed open, but another 10 to reset the timer. That's 20 gold for a non-guaranteed diamond. I wouldn't have a problem with this if Funzio hadn't been so sneaky at the start, allowing the first 5 diamonds something like an 80% drop rate, and then secretly decreasing the drop rate as you get closer and closer. This can mislead a lot of people into thinking they are just getting unlucky and they need to speed up the process and buy gold otherwise they will "miss out". Las Vegas uses similar tactics. Anyways, my diamond drop rate so far WITHOUT GOLD: First day- 5 diamonds. 2nd day- 1 diamond. Today- ZERO diamonds for a total of 6 diamonds.

This is EXACTLY what I mean...

snowstockholm
02-12-2012, 05:57 AM
You don't even wanna hear what I've got to say...73 boxes opened since my 9th with no diamond. I sure got tons of useless punker jackets though.

How on earth did you even open 73 boxes after the 9th diamond? I have probably only opened only 25 boxes during this whole monkey business. Right now I have 52 boxes waiting to be opened.

LausiaribErak
02-12-2012, 06:04 AM
??????????????????????????????
??????????
?? ?? (http://www.native-translator.jp/)

schlumpf
02-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Without a server connection though, a cheater would have few problems to ensure he gets 10 diamonds in 10 hours. You wouldn't like that either.

Max Power
02-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Yes, it functioned the same way, though the beta period was only 5 days so we did not have a full length version of the event. I got my first 9 diamonds in about 3 days, all using the medium (expert) lockpick kit. That includes being locked out for 18 hours by a bug (after getting the 7th diamond and receiving the Golden M4 I could not log in anymore because the item hadn't been added to the server database yet).

When beta testing was to end in 2 hours I used about 100 gold to get the last diamond (5 master unlocks & 5 rushes). I only did this because it wasn't clear if I'd start back at 0 once the test period ended and the mainstream event began. Had I know it would have carrier over I would have just kept plugging away with expert unlocks.

There are definitely dry spells. The longest one I recorded was 17 failed attempts in a row. But I'm convinced it's doable without spending gold.

This^.

It played exactly the same way.

Given the contents of the crates changed dramatically from beta to production, the only thing we don't know as beta testers is of they monkeyed with the diamond and lockbox open rates.

Jill
02-12-2012, 06:19 AM
I've been on 9 since yesterday afternoon, opening with gold but I think it will go down to the last day..... Fingers crossed

ThugKilla
02-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Just an update for you guys....

after the 45 lockboxes opened with gold i reverted to waiting the hour to open more.. i've tried another 14 or so some using gold some using cash (some failing) opening a total of 8 more,, and still no diamond....

UGH

After over 1500 gold spent trying to get the 10th diamond for an item that would normally cost about 800 or so if i don't get it by end of the time funzio will definately see no more money coming from me. they need to work on their algorithms

foxtrekker
02-12-2012, 09:08 AM
I must be fairly lucky because i got to nine with only a little gold. I have failed on about 10 times to get anything on the last box, so it does seem a bit fixed. I don't mind spending a bit of cash to play a game i like to support the cause. It's nice to have something specific to go after and i hope they find a way to have such a thing all the time. It does get boring doing the map cause i dont even know if theres any purpose to clearing all the citys to level 5? Itd be nice to get something extra for doing each one. I guess it beats farming m4's all the time ;)

greeneyes
02-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I think what greeneyes is trying to say is that it seems the loot from the boxes is determined by the server rather than through the app, which means the drop rates and open rates can be adjusted as and when Funzio want to, rather than like with the loot from jobs which doesn't connect to the server and is at fixed rate based on the app version

The drop rate still based on app version but the open rates decided by server. In 1 week I can collect about 80 lockboxes but can only open about 20 boxes if I don't use gold.

I believe thousands of players will insanely burn ton of golds if they only have 9 diamonds when event end.

617Pats
02-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Have 8 diamonds now, If I dont get the 10th by the event end then I will just give Funzio trash reviews and delete the app. I see it as a money grubbing scam if that occurs.

Giedrius
02-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I stuck on 9th diamond for a day or so. After reading this thread I lost hope but still tryed. After loads fails, other and other loots I finally got 10th. It took me by surprise. So people don't loose hope. PS in case you wonder for 1-9 diamonds I used about 200 gold mixed with middle cash option and can tell gold don't increase chances to get diamond. My 10th I got with cash. http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w446/owieczka23/b2d886a6.jpg

Joe Brown1
02-12-2012, 01:33 PM
It seems to me, based on all these posts, that they have set it up so most people can get the Golden M4 if they diligently collect and open boxes but they probably are factor some pure luck into the Sig. Thus, using gold will give a better chance but no guarantee. Common sense indicates that they probably don't intend everyone who is collecting and opening like mad to get a Sig. Factor it in when spending gold. Besides, it wouldn't be as big a deal if everyone could get one but just clicking away (as much as I want to have one). It is clearly a well designed money making machine and we have to decide whether to support it and swallow the hook.

Doc Rumpies
02-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I've been stuck at 7 diamonds since the start o day 2 of this event, doubt I'll make ti to 10. No way I'm spending gold on this, since I know that's what Funzio wants.

Joe Brown1
02-12-2012, 01:50 PM
I've been stuck at 7 diamonds since the start o day 2 of this event, doubt I'll make ti to 10. No way I'm spending gold on this, since I know that's what Funzio wants.

Sounds like you got a handle on the event. Still fun to pursue, but no way am I going to spend any real cash on this that I wouldn't be willing to throw away anyway. It's like going to Vegas, I'll spend what I would have for a couple days entertainment anyway, but no real expectations of actually walking away with winnings. When I do, it's a nice surprise, but the odds are against us. It has definitely created a frenzy for a week.

Bruce_law
02-12-2012, 02:32 PM

gotta agree.

I got 7 diamonds almost in a row, using only the expert kit, not gold expended. Yeah, 7 diamonds almost in a row, since the first box i got. Not gold expended.

But since then, i failed opening boxes 38 times in a row. wtf?

How can i get 7 diamonds almost in a row and suddenly stop even successfully opening boxes?

Bruiser
02-12-2012, 02:40 PM
gotta agree.

I got 7 diamonds almost in a row, using only the expert kit, not gold expended. Yeah, 7 diamonds almost in a row, since the first box i got. Not gold expended.

But since then, i failed opening boxes 38 times in a row. wtf?

How can i get 7 diamonds almost in a row and suddenly stop even successfully opening boxes?

This seems to be the norm...Be thankful you got 7 as i have over 100 unopened lock boxes and still stuck on 6 from the first day AND i used gold...

Bruce_law
02-12-2012, 03:01 PM
This seems to be the norm...Be thankful you got 7 as i have over 100 unopened lock boxes and still stuck on 6 from the first day AND i used gold...

I know, im very thankful. Since the event began, i just saw 2 persons with a golden m4a1.

What i find odd its the fact that in the diamond of number 7 i suddenly began to fail even opening boxes.

*And there it is, the fail number 39 in a row.

dudeman
02-12-2012, 03:43 PM
It's like going to Vegas...

I think they would need a lottery licence, which is why there is are two "free" lock picks, and words like "earn" used instead of "win". You can't say they don't know what they're doing.

Caleb
02-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I just got my seventh diamond Sunday afternoon after opening the 24th lockbox. With 66 total attempts using the Expert Kit, that's around $450K of in-game cash. I don't think I've gotten more than two diamonds per day.

Regardless of whether I get to 10, I've enjoyed the lockbox event. Besides the great diamond loot, I've gotten 1800 Respect, and the other lockbox loot has helped my stats as well. (I didn't really need the five extra mafia, but that's fine.)

I think I'm having average luck. Some people got more diamonds than me much quicker. Some people are enduring the frustration of a lot more failed attempts to open boxes than me. That's probably to be expected from the random nature of the event.

Good luck to us all and enjoy the remaining three days...

helpme
02-12-2012, 04:13 PM
I have 9 diamonds - all using the middle option - but since 2 days I got stuck. Sitting on 104 lockboxes. Wouldn't it be great if you would be able to trade 100 lockboxes for 1 diamond (Hint, hint Marc)? But reading through the subtle comments of some of the beta testers I believe that on the last day you will get the diamond - without spending gold. I will let you know in 3d 7h 47m.

Giedrius
02-12-2012, 04:18 PM
I was frustrated after many tryes to get 10th diamond, so what I did I stopped hoping. I really beleaved that only last day funzio will let us to get Sig. Played my game kept trying boxes with cash... And got Sig. I was more surprised than happy. Keep trying

Chironex
02-12-2012, 05:53 PM
To those who have completed the 10, can you let us know if the cycle for the diamond reward loot starts again. The reason I'm asking is that I have seen a player with 2 golden M4A1s.

Giedrius
02-12-2012, 06:36 PM
No it stays at 10 diamonds. Now I'm getting respect, cash, other normal loots. Regards 2 golden m4 I think first he got as beta tester, second now with all of us.

Whoopdido1980
02-12-2012, 06:53 PM
I'd like to know if, regardless of whether or not I actually get the sig, will I be able to do the event on the hd version even though I'm already doing it on the non hd version. I used to only play hd but switched so I could do the lockbox event. When the hd event starts in a week or 2 will I be able to do it again?

Bruiser
02-12-2012, 06:55 PM
From another post by CrimeCityMark "Its a definate maybe" Who knows if the HD event is the same as this??? Could be new weapons etc...

Bantario
02-12-2012, 07:26 PM
To those who have completed the 10, can you let us know if the cycle for the diamond reward loot starts again. The reason I'm asking is that I have seen a player with 2 golden M4A1s.

You are able to open more lock boxes after the sig, I have received numerous 125k$, 25K$, stone hammers...etc
no doubles on the diamond items!

Whoopdido1980
02-12-2012, 07:43 PM
From another post by CrimeCityMark "Its a definate maybe" Who knows if the HD event is the same as this??? Could be new weapons etc...

If hd users are allowed to do two events, it's a definite advantage. Although, not a very large advantage in the long run. Assuming I get the sig, my attack will have increased by maybe 500 or so. Chicken feed for the high level players.

<3 Hz
02-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I got my 10th diamond today. Unfortunately, the cycle does not reset where you can get multiple Diamond Sigs.

Keep opening your boxes though, it's pretty nice to get 500R from one of those.

snowstockholm
02-15-2012, 03:03 AM
Going by my **** out of luck experience in the first six days, I was resigned to the very real possibility of being stuck at 8 diamonds. Then bam, I got two diamonds in a row (my 9th and 10th) with less than 24 hours left. Couldn't believe my luck. Now that I have 105 lockboxes, I'll also need to hold a yard sale too. Who wants to buy some false hope?

How are the other forum peers doing for the last diamond?

Mig
02-15-2012, 04:58 AM
3 diamonds was easy.
5 diamonds got there in the end.
7 diamonds took ages and I had about 25 failed boxes with nothing in.
8 diamonds... stuck on this for at least 2 days. No longer failing much though, I am getting $125,000 or an item or 500R almost every time. Probably an attempt to give me false hope that it's still giving me something because it won't give me any more diamonds.

ToeKnee
02-15-2012, 05:05 AM
Frustratingly stuck on 9 for the last 2 and half days and to top it off missed about 8 lockboxes due to an unexpected A&E visit with one the little'uns being in a 0 signal area.

Hoping the CC loot lords smile on me with 19hours left!

ToeKnee
02-15-2012, 05:55 AM
Well i should pray to the loot lords more often.. it just came in!

Good luck to all you other folks

Chukuli
02-15-2012, 05:55 AM
the Event lock box is like gambling. Luck really does count. Just don't spend gold to open boxes, the reward might not be a diamond. Spend your gold on the crates instead. try to think that getting the 3rd weapon is already a huge reward. anything further is just bonus.

Joe Brown1
02-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Stuck at 7 for almost 3 days now - averaging 15 or so attempts per day.:p

stixx
02-15-2012, 07:45 AM
i just got my diamond sig without spending any gold.

steamboatwilly
02-15-2012, 06:51 PM
bought 10 bucks worth. 2 timer resets at 10 and paid 11k to chance, boom 2nd one diamond.
got dia sig!