PDA

View Full Version : Hunting lockboxes at lvl 21 blows!!

CounterSniper
02-10-2012, 05:27 AM
I'm on lvl 21 on my iPod and have only 1 diamond from 3 lockboxes in approx 24 hours with no lockboxes waiting to be opened.

During the same time on my iPad at lvl 76 Ive snagged 6 diamonds from 18 lockboxes with 11 waiting to be opened.

I recall someone saying the amount of energy &/or stamina used contributes but damn. It doesn't seem fair.

On top of that I'm trying for lesser level loot on my iPod vs real nice loot on my iPad.

--------iPod-------
3d gets Trick Shotgun 16/13
5d gets Grill Adjuster 35/31
7d gets Combat Holster 35/44
10d gets Diamond Strap 162/171

--------iPad--------
3d gets Rusted Golden Gun 17/17
5d gets Diamond Dusters 43/37
7d gets Laser Gun 58/38
10d gets Diamond Heater 212/221

Why the disparity? It seems like Class Warfare.

erik
02-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Class Warfare:

Lvl 21 Vito: Why should Gino have better opportunities than me?! He only worked harder and put in the time! Waaah!

Lvl 76 Gino: . . .

Max Power
02-10-2012, 07:51 AM
LOL at Erik.

Probably the reason you have more difficulty at level 21 getting lockboxes is that many players that you fight are too dumb to have them. The lower levels are filled with campers(who have zero lockboxes) and bad players. That and the whole energy expelled to get lockboxes paradigm as explained in the rules.

As far as the disparity in weapons at different levels, you need better weapons at higher levels to make a difference and get people to play. A diamond strap at level 21 is probably far more effective overall as a percentage than a diamond heater at level 79.

It's engineered to get everybody to participate.

COHagan23
02-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Agree with erik & Max about the loot tiers, but the energy spent basis for finding lockboxes is not really fair to lower levels nor is it well designed to get everybody to participate. Having a coefficient for finding lockboxes through jobs that incorporates [energy / user level] would be much fairer than what appears to be [energy / constant].

CounterSniper
02-10-2012, 04:38 PM
LOL at Erik.

Probably the reason you have more difficulty at level 21 getting lockboxes is that many players that you fight are too dumb to have them. The lower levels are filled with campers(who have zero lockboxes) and bad players. That and the whole energy expelled to get lockboxes paradigm as explained in the rules.

As far as the disparity in weapons at different levels, you need better weapons at higher levels to make a difference and get people to play. A diamond strap at level 21 is probably far more effective overall as a percentage than a diamond heater at level 79.

It's engineered to get everybody to participate.

I can see what your saying about the players not having lb's but I've gotten at least ten lb's from missions on my iPad and none on my iPod. Its demoralizing.

CounterSniper
02-11-2012, 05:02 AM
Another point for those who think lower lvl players deserve less. Ok, then why does that low level player still have to fork over 10 gold bars to kill the timer and 10 gold bars to unlock the box.

Shouldnt it only be like 1 bars, using your logic.

erik
02-11-2012, 05:37 AM
If the final prize adds 1/10 of a RP per fight, then yes as that is really the prize.

Max Power
02-11-2012, 06:18 AM
Another point for those who think lower lvl players deserve less. Ok, then why does that low level player still have to fork over 10 gold bars to kill the timer and 10 gold bars to unlock the box.

Shouldnt it only be like 1 bars, using your logic.

It's not "my logic".

Not sure people are saying lower level players "deserve less", either. You are twisting my words to make it sound like a negative. All I am saying is the developers adjusted the rewards by level, so they would have equal amount of relevance to everybody, regardless of level.

You can choose to agree with that or not, your call. It's not my game or my policies.

Also, the price of gold is the same for everybody, regardless of level. It's real money.

Are you now saying you want my real money to be worth less than yours because you are at a lower level?

Good luck with that.

JJY824
02-11-2012, 01:50 PM
I know how you feel, i'm currently lvl 22 now, I was 20 when the event started, I'm still stuck at 2 diamonds, working on one lockbox, it's seriously a pain to get lockboxes, and it's not really going anywhere so far.

CounterSniper
02-11-2012, 04:30 PM
It's not "my logic".

Not sure people are saying lower level players "deserve less", either. You are twisting my words to make it sound like a negative. All I am saying is the developers adjusted the rewards by level, so they would have equal amount of relevance to everybody, regardless of level.

You can choose to agree with that or not, your call. It's not my game or my policies.

Also, the price of gold is the same for everybody, regardless of level. It's real money.

Are you now saying you want my real money to be worth less than yours because you are at a lower level?

Good luck with that.

I'm saying if I get less than I should pay less for that lesser stuff.

Nudie
02-12-2012, 02:24 AM
Countersniper,
How are you able to get lockboxes with your iPad? I play on iPad but that feature is not available to me.
I thought thre had to be an update.
Thanks.

CounterSniper
02-12-2012, 04:49 AM
Countersniper,
How are you able to get lockboxes with your iPad? I play on iPad but that feature is not available to me.
I thought thre had to be an update.
Thanks.

It doesnt show on the HD version.

You have to download the regular version and it will show up.

Max Power
02-12-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm saying if I get less than I should pay less for that lesser stuff.

And I am saying your top item at your level is far more valuable to you than the top item on my level is to me on a percentage basis.

The gold building are far better at the higher levels as well. It's an incentive to stay in the game.

Nudie
02-12-2012, 05:03 PM
It doesnt show on the HD version.

You have to download the regular version and it will show up.

Oh, thanks!