PDA

View Full Version : How do you maintain your mafia list

Chiefer
02-09-2012, 10:53 PM
So, I have 717 mafia. But I also have a really nice hood, that's not common. Any hoods similar I'd
like to add and be able to browse for and view from time to time. So I'm wondering what everyone
else does with their friend list. Do they filter them? Delete low levels? Maintain a
certain number?

Whoopdido1980
02-10-2012, 01:04 AM
What's the point of having more than 500?

CounterSniper
02-10-2012, 01:26 AM
So, I have 717 mafia. But I also have a really nice hood, that's not common. Any hoods similar I'd
like to add and be able to browse for and view from time to time. So I'm wondering what everyone
else does with their friend list. Do they filter them? Delete low levels? Maintain a
certain number?

I delete low level players though I dont know if it really helps, it just seems sensible.

Babytway
02-10-2012, 01:41 AM
One point could be to help others get the mafia numbers they need

AppleMacGuy
02-10-2012, 02:09 AM
certain number?

Yeah, I suspect a lot of folks just add at will early on to ramp up. But, once it was obvious that you don't need more than 500 it is best to prune back. I weed out the stale lower levels - currently I set it at under 40 - and only add requests from players over level 40 now. Early in the game I never added players near to my level on the basis that I might want to engage them in PvP. Now (at level 174) I don't worry about it - if the player is over level 40 and sends a request I will add them and weed out a lower level player.

It is an extremely painful exercise to weed out players selectively - basically there is a stupid bug whereby the lists resets to display only the first 50 mafia, so you have to keep loading more and more to get to the location where your pruning, only to delete somebody and it refreshes to show only 50 again and round you go again...it sucks and I can't beleive this issue has not been fixed after all these months. So, the lesson to be learned is to never ever go over 500 or so mafia as it has hard ebough just to maintain that number!

procsyzarc
02-10-2012, 02:13 AM
I delete ones who are in my level range or higher so I can rob them.

CounterSniper
02-10-2012, 04:48 AM
One point could be to help others get the mafia numbers they need

I take low level players requests but go thru occasionally and kick out the single digit deadbeats. If they were camping then they should have gave me a heads up.

Chiefer
02-10-2012, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=Babytway;113404]One point could be to help others get the mafia numbers they need[/QUOTE

Pfft, I guess I could be nice. At least keep the 217 I don't need and now stop adding. It'd be
awesome to have a simple search feature.

Dorian Gray
02-10-2012, 08:38 AM
I take low level players requests but go thru occasionally and kick out the single digit deadbeats. If they were camping then they should have gave me a heads up.

Why would that matter to you?

blondealex
02-10-2012, 09:22 AM
If I have a member that is on the 2nd page, can I remove them and re-add them to get them back near the top? I have a friend that I like to check his progress.

nycpizzalover
02-10-2012, 09:36 AM
If I have a member that is on the 2nd page, can I remove them and re-add them to get them back near the top? I have a friend that I like to check his progress.

I've noticed that as I add new members that they always show on my first page. Sounds like it should work for what you want to do. Have fun!!!

whocareswhatmynameis
02-10-2012, 10:33 AM
How do you maintain your mafia list?

I don't. It's too tedious. The UI is horrible and not user friendly. For this reason, I have stopped looking at others' hoods.