PDA

View Full Version : What Ever Happen With The BIG Changes To PVP Attack

Dr BoneCrusher
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
I Remember Reading In Some Of These Post That PVP will Be OverHauled In February. Raising levels and not Knowing if I Should Be Working On Econ. or Att. Sucks

Gobroncos95
02-11-2012, 05:37 PM
I hope you aren't holding your breath. Funzio has said this since early January but they have absolutely no intention of changing the PvP mechanics. The game will remain in it's current form, which you summarize well with the last word of your post.

chuck norris
02-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I've been biting my tongue for two weeks straight. A
I'm about ready to start raising a gddamn riot. Norris style.

Agent Orange
02-12-2012, 07:26 AM
They appear to have been quietly rolled out over the past few days.

They might not be noticable in the lower levels although my low level player has noticed somethiing odd today. They can be more powerful than an opponent by up to 50% and win the first 1-2 attacks but then mysteriously loose the next even though they have not lost any units in the previous attacks so it looks like in some levels the game is trying to stop you from doing consequtive attacks on the same player or there is some new oddity in the fight mechanics.

In terms of losses in fights , it seems to be worse although my gut feeling after looking at the rivals stats is that the game is now factoring in the makeup of your attacking army vs the rivals defenses. In other words if you have units that are strong against specific groups, ground, infantry, air, sea then your attackers losses increase.

chuck norris
02-12-2012, 08:38 AM
I have not detected any noticeable improvements, either in winning battles or casualties.

I believe funzio's silence is once again pure unprofessionallism, as they seem to take advantage of the general lack of *****ing in recent forum activity. As you know, I'm all for *****in if it brings the issues to the table. I've had multiple ban warnings in the past And had entire posts deleted. But this silence, their response to a wave of feedback, is intolerable. And This, from a top-25 grossing app.

Norris out. But I'll be back. ;)

Wildfire
02-12-2012, 10:38 AM
They appear to have been quietly rolled out over the past few days.

In terms of losses in fights , it seems to be worse although my gut feeling after looking at the rivals stats is that the game is now factoring in the makeup of your attacking army vs the rivals defenses. In other word if you have units that are strong against specific groups, ground, infantry, air, sea then your losses increase.

I've only tried a few attacks this weekend, but "seems to be worse" is an understatement, I'm losing Cruisers and Hornets together against people less than a sixth of my strength and no strength in any area. Attacking is just not playable for me at all, there is no reason whatsoever to attack anybody, even the maximum 300k loot per attack wouldn't cover the units I'm losing each attack. Any time I attack win or lose it is a setback. If a level 10 infirmary would cut my losses by 20% would this really help, nope think about if I lose 30 units in ten attacks, would losing 24 really be a game changer, no it's still way more that I'd gain. So if the boost buildings in general were supposed to "fix" the game they'd need to achieve much greater percentage changes and not apply to gold units.

For whatever reason I lose valuable units rather than meat shields on attack, but on defense against attack I lose mostly my meat shield defense units and in small numbers too, I'm only rarely, maybe 1 in 10 times, losing any of my strong against units. So defensively losses, for me anyway, seem livable with.

chuck norris
02-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Fwiw I am playing with a LVL 6 infirmary too. No improvements apparent. And it's damn expensive too. Over 5 mil for LVL 6. Now if it was actually lowering any losses maybe I'd say ok fine. But like this I'm saying ok my ass is getting sore.

JMC
02-13-2012, 05:02 AM
When people attack me and i lose i usually dont lose any or just 1 unit. But when people with 50K+ attack beat me i lose like 8 units. One time i got a couple buildings raided and lost like 250 attack and defense points. I dont really care about losing a bit from an attack or raid but i lose millions worth in the casualties.

Crime City Mark
02-13-2012, 04:09 PM
We are still working on PVP and casualty balancing improvements for MW. We've released a few things, but there is more on the way.

UnfaddemaNeek
02-13-2012, 04:41 PM
??????????????????????????????
??????????
?? ?? (http://www.native-translator.jp/)

Dr BoneCrusher
02-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks Mark For The UpDate

Beastmode
02-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Crime City Mark,

I also thank you for posting. It has been very long since we have heard anything. Could you possibly give us an estimated time frame on the changes that are still to come? And do those changes for sure include a fix to the casualty rate problem of low, very low, and specifically valor units being lost so much more often than before about a month ago? I know I speak for everyone when I say that any additional info you could give in this area would go a very long way in giving your loyal players a LOT more peace of mind.