PDA

View Full Version : Very Extended Camping...

white frog
02-09-2012, 09:09 AM
What's the longest you have camped at a certain level?
What level was it?
Did you end up finishing your goal?

I am currently at level 40, and have been camping here for a very long time (can't remember, but at least 2-3 months). I'm a very patient person, and I have a very large goal. I have figured out that my goal will be accomplished in 5 more months (157 days to be exact). Does this sound crazy to anyone???
I'm really not in that big of a hurry to get to the, what I call "drama levels" where all the wars are going on.

Just to put it into context for you, when my goal is finally completed, here is the major stats I will have accomplished:
2 of each level 10.. (I already have level 10 houses, lms, and Italians)
-lofts
-movie theatres
-beachsides
-bagel shops
-Dominicans

My hourly will then be around $206k.
I will also have taken my equipment to 200 snipers, 200 steel garrotes, and 200 riot shields, so I will be pretty well equipped to move to some higher levels.

I know this is a very long time to camp! Do you think I'm crazy?

Joeycool
02-09-2012, 09:26 AM
That sounds very boring white frog

blondealex
02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
You will not be very well equipped for long. You might alter the sniper rifles out of your goal to cut some time out, then farm M4's when you decide to pack up your tent. I agree with Joey, it sounds really boring.

ShawnBB
02-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Camping is the most common mistake made by lot of decent players, which made their economy fall behind and behind even more as time going.
Here is the reason:

The total upgrading time for everyone is the same. So as long as everyone is busy on something(common sense,right?), everyone would get the same all lvl 10 buildings at the same time as you do,right? *Let's say a year later.*

So here is the very important question, did they collect the same amount of money through buildings during this year?
The answer is NO NO NO!
Then what makes the difference? Assuming everyone has the same collection ability.
It is the actual Income/Hour( not fake I/H stats like laundromat)
a guy who keeps a higher I/H all the time collects most of the money from it, pretty straightforward right?
The way to keep the highest I/H is upgrade the building that brings you the highest I/H increment per upgrade hour, what do you think?*

So far you might sense a feeling that the ultimate game purpose for us is to compare who earns the most during the whole year, right?*
If you comfirmed that, then another question brought to you, what is the energy bar for? It is also a very significant way to give you money! The reason you don't want to join drama area is you are scaring of losing money.*But! The earning that the energy bar gives you is way more than what you might lost by robbed. You will have 180*24 = 4320 everyday ideally, and the fact is that the longer your energy bar the more close you will have 4320 ideally, right?*

And let's calculate what 4320 energy can bring you, just say the lvl 28 unlocked South End Project, the Chazmo Parker farming spot. 344 energy for 6600 money, so it becomes 82884 earning one day ideally. In fact let's say you got 70000 earning. Then who could rob you 70000 from your base? You know every two times robbery took 40% of the building's income. So 70000/0.4= 175000, your 24 hours building would have to reach a 175000 income daily and got all damn robbed. What's the chance of that?*
Also, build buildings with a spreading level ( not couple of lvl 10s stood naked there) so you will lose the minimum if got robbed.
Also, Higher level's mission pay out money per energy is higher.

After all the math, I just want to say, use up energy,rob whoever you want, upgrade money building as the order I mentioned, then you will have the most money profit a year later!
It's very simple and easy to live in the drama area, just lock everything up and play solid, there won't be any major lost whatsoever.

I hope you guys can really think about this.

erik
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM
At the very least you should never consider more than a partial camp (i.e. No PVP) at a lvl you can farm M4s.

And if you intend to play long term and do gold buildings, you should never ccamp before Gents.

silverbackspur
02-09-2012, 12:24 PM
On level 40 also and being camping for months on my spare phone. Got and income per hour of 55k at the moment and 28m in the bank. Gonna go for two night clubs and then level up my lofts and movie theatres even higher and start playing the game probably.

G Wiz
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Compare to me White frog...I dont camp and I now have an income of over 500k per hour. I also have 500 m4a1's, 300+ double decker busses, 300+ urban warfare vests and 90+ sm chokers. I am at level 140 though!

Camping is brutal, but not necessary IMO

AppleMacGuy
02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Compare to me White frog...I dont camp and I now have an income of over 500k per hour. I also have 500 m4a1's, 300+ double decker busses, 300+ urban warfare vests and 90+ sm chokers. I am at level 140 though!

Camping is brutal, but not necessary IMO

Agreed...camping is akin to watching paint dry...you can do it but why would you want to :rolleyes: Games are about having FUN!!!

Lola Gets
02-09-2012, 04:37 PM
I camped for 1 month at level 40. I did it just as a personal goal, and coming out of it, I see that it wasn't really necessary for being one of the strongest. There simple things you can do to be a good player, and there are a lot of limitations to staying at the lower levels.

That said, there's a lot of satisfaction that comes out of setting a challenging goal, and achieving it. If that's what you are after, more power to you! Good luck!