PDA

View Full Version : HD Lockboxes!!!

dudeman
02-08-2012, 09:59 PM
HD users who are playing without the v2.2 universal update can obtain lockboxes! I am on Version 2.1.3HD, Build 140, Data 20120208_08b.*

Unfortunately, there is no way to see how many you have or unlock them if you do have any.

You can lose them in PvP though, I have a post in my news feed telling me "During the fight, you lost 1 lockbox".

So this seems to greatly benefit all you lucky universal 2.2 users. If you have rivals who are known to be using CCHD, you will likely have a greater chance of obtaining a lockbox from them because they can't see them or open them!

So much for game balance. Mossbergs should have their stats reinstated over this.

*(Side note: Does anyone know if multi-click loot drop has been reset to "completion" for this data set? I haven't had loot drop from missions since the universal update, although I am getting invisible lockboxes.)
Edit: Nadya just gave me a gift on hit 3/5, so multi-click can still drop per click in this version.

Labradorite
02-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Dudeman, you can install and run both CC and CC HD on your iPad. I did it before.
I am using CC on my iPhone now, so fed up with my iPad CC crashes all the time.

erik
02-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Quick, someone check dudeman's inventory and see how many gold M4s he has ;)

dudeman
02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Dudeman, you can install and run both CC and CC HD on your iPad. I did it before.
I am using CC on my iPhone now, so fed up with my iPad CC crashes all the time.

I had both installed when I first got the HD version (it had not been released yet when I started playing), but both versions would crash a LOT when I had them both installed. I don't want to muck around with that business now because 1) I missed the start of the event which puts me at a disadvantage, and 2) if doing that enables me to take part in two separate lockbox events when I should have only had access to one, I don't want to have my account locked for cheating, and I don't want to have incorrect stats and/or items that have to later be readjusted. The last time that happened I had already put my signature on a few news feeds of stronger rivals who were a lot more closely matched before the stats got nerfed.

Very funny wise guy. Lol.

qwikster
02-08-2012, 11:57 PM

very funny... who could forget the great debacle of mosberg gun.

allhaildiscordia
02-09-2012, 12:18 AM
No one care. You owe me $20 over the Mossberg wild goose chase.

dudeman
02-09-2012, 01:31 AM
No one care. You owe me $20 over the Mossberg wild goose chase.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/adamhudson/fat-*****.jpg

Royal Flush
02-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Stop moaning dudeman, lock boxes are easy to get! Now if different users had a higher chance of getting a diamond then that's something to moan about!

dudeman
02-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Stop moaning dudeman, lock boxes are easy to get! Now if different users had a higher chance of getting a diamond then that's something to moan about!

I think you missed the point.

Whoopdido1980
02-09-2012, 08:33 AM
I've been looking around for a discussion about HD vs non-HD and can't seem to find anything. From what I understand, HD players are not getting these crates, lockboxes, diamonds and stuff right? But you're saying that we actually are getting them but we just can't see them? Will we eventually be able to see them?

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. How can there be so many different versions out there? Also, it's pretty much standard practice to introduce new items to the highest end version first. Think of cars--Audi for example. The Audi A8 is basically their flagship, so when redesigns come about, first the A8 gets the changes, then the A6 and the A4 is the last to receive changes/updates. Isn't it safe to say that the HD version of Crime City is Funzio's flagship, so why wouldn't the newest stuff go to the HD version first. Yeah I know, then all the non HD players would be *****ing, but I'm just saying that it's standard practice to introduce updates to flagship first and then filter down.

Whoopdido1980
02-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Oh wait. Nevermind. I posted this before I saw that Crime City Mark made a thread explaining everything.

I stand by my comment that usually updates go to the flagship first though, so the HD version should have received this update first. Oh well.

COHagan23
02-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Oh wait. Nevermind. I posted this before I saw that Crime City Mark made a thread explaining everything.

I stand by my comment that usually updates go to the flagship first though, so the HD version should have received this update first. Oh well.

I wouldn't agree with that at all. Applying an automotive (or any physical product) analogy to a freemium software application is a little awkward. For investing a given number of developer hours in an update they want to reach the greatest number of users who may then spend money on the new IAP related features. I honestly have no idea what the exact numbers are but I'm sure their are way more iPhone/iPod users than iPad users. Those non-HD users are essentially funding the HD development with there in-app purchases as we speak.

Whoopdido1980
02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't agree with that at all. Applying an automotive (or any physical product) analogy to a freemium software application is a little awkward. For investing a given number of developer hours in an update they want to reach the greatest number of users who may then spend money on the new IAP related features. I honestly have no idea what the exact numbers are but I'm sure there are way more iPhone/iPod users than iPad users. Those non-HD users are essentially funding the HD development with there in-app purchases as we speak.

Yeah I didn't think of that. You make a good point. I'll quit *****ing since it seems like HD users will get the same deal in a couple weeks. I suppose it makes sense that the majority of users would get updates first.

Babytway
02-09-2012, 09:12 AM
if you are running the hd version and have no lock boxes then just use the regular version on your ipad. you won't be running two separate events and you can't be locked out for cheating because there is nothing wrong with running both versions. As for crashing i have been running both version on Ipad2 since hd came out and haven't had any crashes, the only thing was the lag when it first came out but now it is since gone. i play mostly on the regular version but when doing missions or farming i use HD version for better drops (seems to be better anyway to me). so the only disadvantage you have is maybe starting a day late but thats not really a disadvantage you make get 10 lockboxes right away and then reach 10 diamonds before most ppl. its all 50/50 chance

Whoopdido1980
02-09-2012, 09:48 AM
if you are running the hd version and have no lock boxes then just use the regular version on your ipad. you won't be running two separate events and you can't be locked out for cheating because there is nothing wrong with running both versions. As for crashing i have been running both version on Ipad2 since hd came out and haven't had any crashes, the only thing was the lag when it first came out but now it is since gone. i play mostly on the regular version but when doing missions or farming i use HD version for better drops (seems to be better anyway to me). so the only disadvantage you have is maybe starting a day late but thats not really a disadvantage you make get 10 lockboxes right away and then reach 10 diamonds before most ppl. its all 50/50 chance

That would work, but I only have the HD version. I started playing this game pretty late, so I didn't play it on my iphone at all. I started playing on my Ipad 1 and had loads of problems, but when I switched my character over to my Ipad 2 it has run 100% perfect. No crashes, no bugs, no nothing.

In any event, I only have the HD version on my Ipad 2. I assume if I put the non HD version on my Ipad 2 it would start over with a completely new player.

COHagan23
02-09-2012, 10:13 AM
That would work, but I only have the HD version. I started playing this game pretty late, so I didn't play it on my iphone at all. I started playing on my Ipad 1 and had loads of problems, but when I switched my character over to my Ipad 2 it has run 100% perfect. No crashes, no bugs, no nothing.

In any event, I only have the HD version on my Ipad 2. I assume if I put the non HD version on my Ipad 2 it would start over with a completely new player.

No, your user account it tied to your device's UDID. You will be playing the same account in both versions. This prevents people from having multiple accounts on the same device.

Whoopdido1980
02-09-2012, 10:23 AM
No, your user account it tied to your device's UDID. You will be playing the same account in both versions. This prevents people from having multiple accounts on the same device.

Oh, so if I just download the non HD version and fire it up, it'll match my HD game exactly? And then I could go back and forth if I wanted to? I guess last time I switched devices and that must have been why my game originally started over until Funzio switched it for me.

racerxnyc
02-09-2012, 12:36 PM
These lockboxes (or the formula for opening them) suck.

I have 6 so far. I spent $78,000 at ten "EXPERT" attempts to open them.

Not a single one opened.

Crime City Mark
02-09-2012, 12:45 PM
This is answered in the lockbox discussion thread.