PDA

View Full Version : Lockbox Event Guide!

Crime City Mark
02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Lockbox Discovery:

Lockboxes can be obtained from any action that requires the use of energy or stamina. All jobs and PvP have a chance to drop a lockbox, although you can not get them from your hood.

The rate in which lockboxes drop is directly related to energy cost of a job (PvE) and a fixed value for stealing in PvP. The higher the energy cost for a job, the better chance at getting a lockbox.

When a lockbox is found, it will fly into a special UI icon which is located at the lower left hand side of the screen. Tapping this icon brings up the events window.

Loot:

4 pieces of loot are tied to the event.
Different levels see different loot for each item:
[1-20] [21-50] [51-80] [81+]
Loot is automatically placed in a players inventory once the amount of diamonds for each are found.
The last item (10 Diamonds) has an item bonus which is +1 Respect from fights. As long as a player has this item in their inventory, it will function properly. It does not have to be equipped by them or their mafia.

Lockpick Kits:

Players have 3 choices as to how they want to open their lock box.
Novice Kit: (Free to use and a low chance to open.)
Expert Kit: (Cash to use, scales with players level, and a medium chance to open.)
Master Kit: (Gold to use, fixed value and a guaranteed chance to open.)
Once a player taps one of the lockpick buttons, 2 things can happen; they can successfully open the lockbox, awarding loot, or fail to open.
If successful -> a lockbox is subtracted from their total.
If they fail -> they do not lose the lockbox.

Lockpick Kit Cooldown:

All attempts at opening a lockbox will trigger a 1 hour cooldown. A player is only allowed to open 1 lockbox per hour. If they wish to open more, they can choose to use the reset timer function. This costs 10 gold. Once reset, they are brought back to the main events window where they can attempt to open another lockbox.

Diamonds:

This is sort of an event currency. Diamonds have a chance to drop anytime a lockbox is successfully opened. Players will need to collect diamonds to obtain the loot seen in the main events window. Once 10 diamonds are collected, the end event item is awarded. At this time, players may still open lockboxes, although diamonds will stop dropping.

The rate for diamond drops is gradually reduced as your total number of diamonds increases. This never becomes a 0 or below-0 number.

This event is currently only for CC Universal. The CCHD lockbox event should start within the next 2 weeks, and will be exclusively for CCHD.

Dorian Gray
02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Hmm... This is very interesting.

allhaildiscordia
02-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I'f players complete the lockbox event on Universal, then play on HD when the HD only event it active, will they get to complete the event again, or will the just retain the completed status that they had on Universal?

Crime City Mark
02-08-2012, 01:59 PM
I'f players complete the lockbox event on Universal, then play on HD when the HD only event it active, will they get to complete the event again, or will the just retain the completed status that they had on Universal?

Good question. The answer is a solid "maybe". We're looking into it.

DougVan
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
For someone who doesn't have access to an iPad, I don't think it would be fair for users to switch back and forth based on when these events come

allhaildiscordia
02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I think it's more a result of they might not have thought about how this situation.

qwikster
02-08-2012, 02:23 PM
For someone who doesn't have access to an iPad, I don't think it would be fair for users to switch back and forth based on when these events come

i was just thinking about that. i think the only way of closing this loophole is holding the two events at the same time.

JimmyShines
02-08-2012, 02:59 PM
i was just thinking about that. i think the only way of closing this loophole is holding the two events at the same time.

Or have the event user account based, and not client based.

JJY824
02-08-2012, 09:28 PM
I noticed that you said the items would vary by level [1-20] [21-?] and etc.
Does that mean it will change for players who end up crossing level borders through the event? I'm assuming that the items will be better for each increasing bracket.
So per say, if I level up to 21 during the event, will I see the new items in the lockbox?

dudeman
02-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I am using the HD version, without the update because it is not available for CCHD.

I was just attacked and lost a lockbox, it says so right in my news feed.

I checked my version and I have version 2.1.3HD, build 140, and data 20120208_8b. Has loot on multi-click jobs been set to completion for this version as well, or only for the 2.2 universal update? I haven't had one single loot drop from missions since the universal update.

It is quite obvious that I can acquire lockboxes since I lost one to a PvP attack, but the lockboxes are not visible to me.

Now I understand. They are leaving the HD version UNupgraded so that HD users can get lockboxes but remain unaware and unable to open them. This gives v2.2 universal users a better chance of getting a lockbox because they can PvP against rivals who have lockboxes but no way to open them or even be aware they have one to begin with.

The game seems very unbalanced right now.

bredo2
02-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah they destroyed the fun for me with this update. Ok sure this weekly event is decent enough, but after that its back to a game where farming is no longer possible. Atleast no longer joyful. 1-5 items per week is not my idea of fun. The drop rates were bad enough as it was after the last update.

Crates are fun though, but they really should consider upping the drop chances alot higher than what has been done with the regular farmable items. Either that or upping the stats so it will be more worthwhile. For most of us high levels farming is a big part of the late game.

Dillinja
02-09-2012, 12:15 AM
I've had a few lockboxes and tried opening them with the 12K option and got 0.It's geared towards the gold players spending more
So all you gold players, Funzio needs your cash....

Doc Rumpies
02-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Yea, the $ option...Funzio's idea of "medium" chance so far for me is 1 for 7. I have yet to get a lockbox in over 200 fights either, but have gotten 3 from energy jobs. This is clearly geared for gold players, it's a shame Funzio couldn't follow the lead of other app developers and create an event that non cash players could (so far, at least) complete.

Update (if anyone cares): About 400 fights so far, 1 lockbox drop. 6 so far from energy jobs with maybe 3,500 energy used. 3/10 so far opening them using the $ option resulting in two diamonds and a loot item.

Mouse
02-09-2012, 01:15 AM
When the event is over then what happens?
Does it just go away forever or does it start a new event with different items?

Dillinja
02-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Ha...after all that first one lockbox that opened = 25K, so 48K in spent, 25K won. Awesome odds!

helpme
02-09-2012, 04:11 AM
I am on mission goal: Defeat Buggy Horowitz in Hillcrest. 8 attacks and 7 lockboxes. The first one opened with a Diamond.

ReaperZer0
02-09-2012, 04:12 AM
I've had 2 lockboxes disappear on me so far without awarding a diamond. Are they meant to do that?

evilmal969
02-09-2012, 04:57 AM
The lockboxes do throw out a lot of diamonds but only if you spend gold. i have 7 diamons so far but opened 6 of them with gold. btw... you get each gold item as you go up... i have the first three and now working on diamond sig.

Great Event!!!!

Ms Bindy
02-09-2012, 05:08 AM
I find the size and placement of the Lockbox icon intrusive, distracting and obtuse. Please hide it away in a menu! I really feel like not playing this any more. Seriously stupid addition to the game. FAIL!

erik
02-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Love the event so far.

Playing it non-Gold.

5 opens - 3 fails

4 Diamonds.

Btrash
02-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Are lockboxes supposed to disappear? I did a bunch of missions and got 5 lockboxes. I opened one, then went upon my way planning to open another one later after the hour had passed. Went back into the game a while later.... 0 lockboxes. What gives?

Joeycool
02-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Are lockboxes supposed to disappear? I did a bunch of missions and got 5 lockboxes. I opened one, then went upon my way planning to open another one later after the hour had passed. Went back into the game a while later.... 0 lockboxes. What gives?

You probably lost them in a PVP. People attack or rob you and there is a chance of loosing them I believe.

Nicholost
02-09-2012, 09:40 AM
CCM, I really like the new lockbox additional. It's fun and rewarding to receive them as loot, even though my luck had been quite poor at opening them. I know this is a limited thing, but I would like to see this game addition show up for play more frequently in the future. Good work, Funzio.

whocareswhatmynameis
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
i don't know if this question has been asked... what happens to unused lockboxes and diamonds at the end of the promotion period. my understanding is that players will not be able to collect any new lockboxes after the event expires but can still unlock unused lockboxes? a clarification would be appreciated.

Mosd
02-09-2012, 11:45 AM
3 opens, 8 fails, 1 diamond, 4 (or 5) Lockbox disappear.
Well, this is depressing (

Crime City Mark
02-09-2012, 12:20 PM
I am using the HD version, without the update because it is not available for CCHD.

I was just attacked and lost a lockbox, it says so right in my news feed.

It is quite obvious that I can acquire lockboxes since I lost one to a PvP attack, but the lockboxes are not visible to me.

Now I understand. They are leaving the HD version UNupgraded so that HD users can get lockboxes but remain unaware and unable to open them. This gives v2.2 universal users a better chance of getting a lockbox because they can PvP against rivals who have lockboxes but no way to open them or even be aware they have one to begin with.

You're winning them in PVP against Universal users who have them, but not seeing it. You're then having them stolen back by other Universal users. It's not adding extra lockboxes to the game, since HD users can only get them through PVP.

I checked my version and I have version 2.1.3HD, build 140, and data 20120208_8b. Has loot on multi-click jobs been set to completion for this version as well, or only for the 2.2 universal update? I haven't had one single loot drop from missions since the universal update.

The game seems very unbalanced right now.

CC Universal users only get loot on the last click of a job, but they have a really high chance of getting the loot. CC HD users can get loot on every click, but it's a lower rate. It's actually very balanced.

Crime City Mark
02-09-2012, 12:24 PM
When the event is over then what happens?
Does it just go away forever or does it start a new event with different items?

There will be more lockbox events in the future.

Babytway
02-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I dont know if i missed something but i got two sets of 3 crates yesterday for 46 gold i went to get some more today and now 3 crates are 145gold is there something wrong with my game

Crime City Mark
02-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I dont know if i missed something but i got two sets of 3 crates yesterday for 46 gold i went to get some more today and now 3 crates are 145gold is there something wrong with my game

That is answered in the crates thread.

Babytway
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks CC Mark you are on top of things today, i like that

Doc Rumpies
02-09-2012, 02:07 PM
You're winning them in PVP against Universal users who have them, but not seeing it. You're then having them stolen back by other Universal users. It's not adding extra lockboxes to the game, since HD users can only get them through PVP.

CCM, you stated in the OP that lockboxes drop at a fixed rate from PVP. Does this mean that we can get lockboxes to drop from people who don't have any, or do we get them at a fixed rate from people who do have them?

dudeman
02-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I installed the universal version just to see what's going on with the lockboxes that I apparently have in the HD version but cannot see or open.

I can't see lockboxes or open them in the universal version either. A couple of PvP results screens showed that an icon was loading (that circle looking loading icon was beside the RP earned) but the icon would never actually appear. And I can still lose lockboxes to rivals. Why can't I see them?

Something still doesn't seem right.

CJ Sniper
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I can't see lockboxes or open them in the universal version either. A couple of PvP results screens showed that an icon was loading (that circle looking loading icon was beside the RP earned) but the icon would never actually appear. And I can still lose lockboxes to rivals. Why can't I see them?

Go into the settings/about screen and make sure you are running version 2.2. For some reason, the App store keeps redownloading 2.0.2 which wouldn't see the lockboxes.

dudeman
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Go into the settings/about screen and make sure you are running version 2.2. For some reason, the App store keeps redownloading 2.0.2 which wouldn't see the lockboxes.

When I installed CC universal checking the version was the first thing I did. It's 2.2, so the problem stands.

Joeycool
02-09-2012, 02:31 PM
I installed the universal version just to see what's going on with the lockboxes that I apparently have in the HD version but cannot see or open.

Once you have installed the universal version you need to go to the app store updates and download the new version.

dudeman
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Once you have installed the universal version you need to go to the app store updates and download the new version.

1) In the app store the universal version lists all the new update features in the details section.
2) There's no update available in the update section.

qwikster
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM
i know it is a little too early with 6 more days to go for the event to end, but i'm noticing that it is quite easy to accumulate lockboxes from PvP+missions, while unlocking them can be very tricky (1/5 so far today using $12K in game cash- ie, moderate attempts). this begs the question: what happens to unopened boxes after the promotion period expires? do they all go to waste or does the event only affect acquisition of new lockboxes? thanks,

i don't know if this question has been asked... what happens to unused lockboxes and diamonds at the end of the promotion period. my understanding is that players will not be able to collect any new lockboxes after the event expires but can still unlock unused lockboxes? a clarification would be appreciated.

Joeycool
02-09-2012, 02:42 PM
1) In the app store the universal version lists all the new update features in the details section.
2) There's no update available in the update section.

Well it must be an issue with the Ipad then, or an issue with your account. Your best emailing support dierct from your ipad with the new contact support button in the help section.

That will give them your build data etc and they will look into it for you.

frenda
02-09-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm 2/6 in lockboxes opened. That's not too bad, and for free. :) Got the cool Rasta Jacket. And mine have all come from PvE, none so far from PvP.

Crime City Mark
02-09-2012, 04:01 PM
CCM, you stated in the OP that lockboxes drop at a fixed rate from PVP. Does this mean that we can get lockboxes to drop from people who don't have any, or do we get them at a fixed rate from people who do have them?

Lockboxes don't drop from PVP, they're stolen from other players.

Joe Crime
02-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Will you be doing another lockbox event? I think there are some flaws but it is a nice feature.

theONE
02-10-2012, 01:04 AM
all the ideas are pretty much a rip off of mafia wars on facebook i.e events and also crates

More relevant to the topic i.e events, at least mafia wars made it more fair. Each special event can be opened up faster the more energy you pump into it. There are usually 3 choices, the bigger one gives you higher probability to succeed to get stuff but costs the MAX amount of energy

but on crime city?? OMG it sux.

first is a free option and is a waste of time and pointless to be added as an option, fair chance eats your fake money and makes you go broke, gold eats your real cash

i mean god i pumped so much cash into it to the point i emptied by bank and used alot of energy to do jobs at the last second to make sure I had enough cash in hand JUST for this event to eat my cash in a second "sorry try again" WTF ?!?

if I DO win something its random crappy loot. So You have 85% chance to win nothing, 40% chance to win gibberish, these all hinder the chance to win any diamonds

the event should've been done like this:

free: low chance
pay: medium chance (50/50)
gold: maximum chance

do jobs/robbing/fighting to get keys, and they are randomly dropped to open randomly dropped lock boxes

but this?? i have a PILE of lockboxes and can't get into any of them and it eats all my cash, THEN I have to wait another 1hr. God this is just stupid.

mongorie
02-10-2012, 02:16 AM
I've just spent $19.99 in gold just to get one diamond, the rest were stone hammers/ cash.
I feel totally ripped off! Should have coded it if we paid gold to open them we could get a shot at " gold worthy equipment" and not some shabby hammers which are no use for levels higher than 100

Ohaithere
02-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Am I right in thinking that once you reach 3 diamnds you automatically get the bat, once you are at 10 you get the gun automatically etc? So it is not a trade in Your 10 diamonds for the gun sort of thing? If this is correct then can you not get 10 diamonds many times, are youonly able to get oneof each item?

Then I guess when it's all done are you still able to open the boxes to get the cash rp and extra items?

Thanks

Poppins
02-10-2012, 05:19 AM
FYI: The 10th diamond is next to impossible to get, I've unlocked at least 10 boxes since the 9th and still no 10th diamond... I was averaging 2 to 3 unlocks per diamond for diamonds 1 through 9.

It actually is the perfect strategy for maximizing profit, let everyone easily get to 9 diamonds and watch the income pour in on the final day of the lockbox countdown.

I'll continue to keep count of unlocks and post the final count for the 10th diamond, if I ever get it. I need to take a break for now, I'm not about to say how much gold I just dropped on these damn boxes lol

jpon
02-10-2012, 02:07 PM
That's business, funzio is real smart.
Btw, I really enjoy this event, even though I have so much fail opening the lockbox, but it's still fun.
This is the time that I might want to drop some real money in it, just to gamble. LOL.

frenda
02-10-2012, 02:17 PM
I really like it because it allows everyone to participate, those who want to spend real money on gold, those who want to spend play money, and those who want to take their chances without spending money. It does add that fun gambling vibe to it, so that's real cool too. I think everyone wins, which makes the game all the better for all of us and I'm sure will make Funzio plenty of money as well.

AppleMacGuy
02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Am I right in thinking that once you reach 3 diamnds you automatically get the bat, once you are at 10 you get the gun automatically etc? So it is not a trade in Your 10 diamonds for the gun sort of thing? If this is correct then can you not get 10 diamonds many times, are youonly able to get oneof each item?

Then I guess when it's all done are you still able to open the boxes to get the cash rp and extra items?

Thanks

Yes, that is correct.

Amber_
02-10-2012, 03:10 PM
At first, I thought it was great that funzio brought something new to the game, but this really SUCK! Of course it's easy to find lockboxes, that's the point. To open them is another thing though. I've tried to opened 18 lockboxes with the money-pack, and they've opened two times. TWO TIMES OUT OF 18?! Is that funzios view on "medium chance to open"?? What a joke. And both times I only received some cash.
Oh, and then I opened 3 with gold, and got three diamonds. In other words, this whole thing is only for gold-spenders... What a disappointment..

CJ Sniper
02-10-2012, 03:26 PM
I disagree... I've gotten 5 diamonds in less than 24 hours without using any gold. Considering this is a long term event lasting a week, it is more of a money sink but is certainly likely anybody "could" earn 10 diamonds with just a couple of hours worth of effort each day without using gold at all. Luck and play style will affect your chances.

I am also picking up a lot of unwanted live mafia members from the boxes, which always makes me chuckle. It would be more realistic to find their corpses in there, rather than live people.

erik
02-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I think you hit a bad run Amber. I am sitting right at 50% with 38 open. 7 Diamonds. No Gold. I think the last 3 are going to be hard though. Course I will have hit 22 out of 24 today, so that might not be normal.

Amor
02-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah they destroyed the fun for me with this update. Ok sure this weekly event is decent enough, but after that its back to a game where farming is no longer possible. Atleast no longer joyful. 1-5 items per week is not my idea of fun. The drop rates were bad enough as it was after the last update.

Crates are fun though, but they really should consider upping the drop chances alot higher than what has been done with the regular farmable items. Either that or upping the stats so it will be more worthwhile. For most of us high levels farming is a big part of the late game.
I strongly disagree. High drop rates destroy the game. If everyone has 500 M4A1s, 500 Titanium guard armors, and 500 armored police vans, then everyone is even and the items that people pay for would in essence have negligible effect. That is avoided by not going out of the way to please the lower tier 'gimme freebies' players; I highly respect Funzio for this decision. As it is, the farmable weapons are definitely obtainable. I have seen little if any rate change in the past 3 months (except for a possible increase in PvP drops when they introduced the new PvP goals), and with a little dedication/patience (it is a virtue after all) you will get your loot.

omnus
02-11-2012, 01:33 PM
I haven't see answered yet what happens to held lockboxes at end of the event. Disappear, still openable?

i know it is a little too early with 6 more days to go for the event to end, but i'm noticing that it is quite easy to accumulate lockboxes from PvP+missions, while unlocking them can be very tricky (1/5 so far today using $12K in game cash- ie, moderate attempts). this begs the question: what happens to unopened boxes after the promotion period expires? do they all go to waste or does the event only affect acquisition of new lockboxes? thanks,

CJ Sniper
02-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Some of the rewards are a little insulting. Like taking 6 hours worth of attempts to unlock an extra mafia member, which I could have gotten in 15 seconds by typing my code on a web site. And the $10,000 reward, after which I spent $30,000 opening boxes.

They are kind of like an inappropriate gag gift from an anti-social co-worker, or when you win a $1 prize on a $2 lottery ticket.

Bruce_law
02-11-2012, 11:08 PM
The thing is: its pratically impossible to get the 10 diamond without using some gold. But im not mad at all: i've get 7 diamonds in the first day of the event!

But now, 2 days after, i've just sucessfully opened 3 boxes, in like 20+ attempts without one diamond.

qwikster
02-12-2012, 06:30 AM
#1.

#2.

#3.

I haven't see answered yet what happens to held lockboxes at end of the event. Disappear, still openable?

the silence is deafening. 3 day to go... i guess we will find out soon enough.

JimmyShines
02-12-2012, 06:42 AM
the silence is deafening. 3 day to go... i guess we will find out soon enough.

If the functionality is like the beta, then the lb`s will disappear, as well as the graphic on the screen, when the event is over. Although the lb`s are still on the player`s account, there is no way to know if they will still be available at the next event.

crimea
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
have the event rules been changed?

it is the second time i had to wait 1 hour and 15 minutes instead of 1 hour to open the next box. :(

"OPEN MORE LOCKBOXES IN 01:14:59"

---
Edit:

the game crashed after trying to read the built in rules. however, the open timer jumped from 40 minutes back to 5 minutes...

on 00:00 it was not possible for me to open the box (sorry message appeared but no money had been used and unlock optons still displayed).

after restarting the game, open timer is again at 12 minutes and all of my buildings displayed "Upgrade Complete"

i'm not sure whats going on here... and if its only on my game.

---
Edit2:

Open box timer has now 60 minutes again after trying to open a box. thanks to whoever solved this problem :)

willydpooh
02-13-2012, 03:37 AM
I am still on my 5th diamond going 6th and its harder now, mostly crap loots and its not worth it opening anymore

kimberleyj
02-13-2012, 11:25 AM
I ended up spending 250 gold trying to get the dimonds because I hadn't had a diamond in over 24 hours and I had still only 7 diamonds with just 2 and half days left ( minus 10 hours each day when iam a sleep) it made me a little worried, I ended up getting 2 diamonds . Iam hoping I will get the item seen as I have paid fo it.

theONE
02-14-2012, 06:00 AM
I ended up spending 250 gold trying to get the dimonds because I hadn't had a diamond in over 24 hours and I had still only 7 diamonds with just 2 and half days left ( minus 10 hours each day when iam a sleep) it made me a little worried, I ended up getting 2 diamonds . Iam hoping I will get the item seen as I have paid fo it. you fell for funzios marketing strategy, they're forcing you to feel anxious and wanting to get the prize i.e ts getting close to the end of the event, but hey, you feel you payed for it? but to them you get what you payed for i.e they won't feel responsible if you get a crappy item and not a diamond i.e the deal is guarantee to open the lockbox not guarantee to get diamonds and the final item

I myself have OVER 122 lockboxes and have BARELY opened any, free unlock is useless, money option drains my cash and it doesn't even say hey here have SOMETHING for your troubles, its "tah tah took your money try again....in ANOTHER HOUR!!!"

i am on 5th diamond. for some reason 'free' worked a few times, i was stuck on jaw breaker, now got the diamond knuckles, HOWEVER from then on nothing, 24hrs i've seen gibberish 90% of "try again" rubbish

frenda
02-14-2012, 06:33 AM
I've only been doing the free option and have 7 diamonds as well as about half a dozen other items to include the police car, so it's not useless.

BigCheese
02-14-2012, 06:42 AM
hmmm... fre & expert kit option have similar rate ?

frenda
02-14-2012, 06:48 AM
I don't think anyone's done a real survey, and I'm not keeping track of how many times I've clicked on it, but a conservative guess is probably 50 times in the last 5 days, maybe less, with approx a 20% success rate. And since I'm playing off and on all day anyway, it's not costing me anything to click on free and wait another hour if I don't succeed.

BrawBrult
02-14-2012, 06:49 AM
author (http://www.devindevasquez.com)

Vile Lynn
02-14-2012, 08:33 AM
There will be more lockbox events in the future.
Does this mean we keep the unopened boxes until the next event?

racerxnyc
02-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Just doing my normal gameplay, I've accumulated 30 lockboxes.

I open one every hour, but I accumulate new ones faster than I can open them.

What happens when the time on the event runs out tomorrow,
and there is still a bunch of lockboxes in a persons inventory?

Vile Lynn
02-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Just doing my normal gameplay, I've accumulated 30 lockboxes.

I open one every hour, but I accumulate new ones faster than I can open them.

What happens when the time on the event runs out tomorrow,
and there is still a bunch of lockboxes in a persons inventory?

During the last few minutes, I think Funzio would like you to buy gold, keep resetting the timer & open, open, open!
lol, that is my plan.

foxtrekker
02-14-2012, 11:15 AM
I have been stuck on 9 diamonds for 3 days. I've used real money and tapjoy to get gold on some. The odds on the last diamond must be something like 100 to one. I have gotten some hammers, jackets and cash back, probably equal to $ and gold ive spent so its not too bad, but i think its obvious they want you to get to 9 diamonds and then have to spend a bunch of real money to get the last one. :(

kevin9999
02-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Odds def change as you go on. First few days I opened like 50% using the cash ( middle option ) and got 7 diamonds. Then on Sunday I failed 15 times in a row! Only managed one diamond all day sunday, monday and until now. I bet I dont get the last one, and if I dont I seriously think I will stop playing this game. I understand they want to make money and some people have extra they just want to spend to have an advantage in games, but if there are specials events that people have no shot of winning without spending tons of cash I want no part of it

Joeycool
02-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Odds def change as you go on. First few days I opened like 50% using the cash ( middle option ) and got 7 diamonds. Then on Sunday I failed 15 times in a row! Only managed one diamond all day sunday, monday and until now. I bet I dont get the last one, and if I dont I seriously think I will stop playing this game. I understand they want to make money and some people have extra they just want to spend to have an advantage in games, but if there are specials events that people have no shot of winning without spending tons of cash I want no part of it

Did you spend any gold?

Because you still got 3 weapons that are pretty good stats.

I think it has been a really good event.

willydpooh
02-15-2012, 01:36 AM
22hrs to go and I am still on the 9th diamond, hope I can make it, good luck to all!!!

Babytway
02-15-2012, 01:43 AM
its been 5 straight days and no diamonds for me still stuck and i have very good success rate at opening lockboxes but none are diamonds :(

loulouf
02-15-2012, 02:29 AM
It's strange, i have 7diamonsds without using any gold.

Good luck at all :)

kimberleyj
02-15-2012, 10:18 AM
I am still at 9 the last diamond I got was 2 days ago and that was only because I used 260 worth of gold and I got 2 diamonds.

i need muney
02-15-2012, 10:26 AM
They are all I need to please me,
They can stimulate and tease me,
They won't leave in the night,
I've no fear that they might desert me.
Diamond take forever.

Tramp Stamp
02-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond.

J-Rizzi
02-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I've only used cash. Unlocked boxes almost every waking hour (and some non waking hours) the first five days. Got 2-3 diamonds the first day, had 5 by day 2. Had 7 by day 4. none since and I've been opening boxes pretty regularly the last two days. I'm happy I had already banked the 3 major rewards, and I'm not surprised that the last few days they gave me no diamonds. I must say, I'm relieved this lockbox phase is ending and I won't be playing this game "in my sleep" anymore.

411 201 261 please add

willydpooh
02-16-2012, 12:25 AM
9 diamonds to end the event with no dime spend, not bad

CJ Sniper
02-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Apparently the event still continues until you quit your app and relaunch it. I managed to get another diamond this morning. I'm sure eventually I will get a call or have to use my phone for something other than this game, but I may as well keep going as long as I can to get that last diamond :)

Swifty
02-16-2012, 06:18 AM
That is sweet.

The event that keeps on giving.

CJ Sniper
02-16-2012, 11:37 AM
%#$@#%@!, one of the stupid Tapjoy-installed Zynga games gave me a popup and caused the Crime City to quit, losing the rest of my crates and leaving me stuck at 9 diamonds forever. I guess the Tapjoy givveth and the Tapjoy taketh away in this game.

plavine
02-19-2012, 11:42 AM
USED THE MEDIUM. got some hammers 125K twice, 5 arx 160, and an armored police van.
didn't get a diamond on the last day thouigh.

it sucked that the event ended in the middle of the night for eat coaster players, but it was fun .

ashtonite
02-20-2012, 02:01 AM
Hi,

Did this start yet? I play on iPad 2... and have yet to see any lockboxes or details. Only thing I saw was something in my news where a player stole a lock box... but i had none in my inventory?

This whole Event is confusing.

-=A

deuces
02-20-2012, 02:11 AM
CCHD event has not started yet, keep checking for stickies for info on the HD event, should be within a week or two. You'll also notice it when the event starts in game, cant miss it.

ashtonite
02-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the update.... so why do I see in my CC HD game... in my news section... that people have stolen my lockbox when fighting me? :-) I find this very confusing... its not in CC HD... but in some ways it is? :-)

TRAZ
02-21-2012, 05:07 AM
You won them in PVP from people who had them and then someone won them from you when you lost the fight in PVP.

ashtonite
02-21-2012, 06:38 AM
Dude,

How is the possible? Did you read the thread? I am using CC HD ... and the event as stated HAS NOT STARTED YET for CC HD. So how in the world can another player get a lockbox from me when the event has not even started for my device :-)

Ghost818
02-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Dude,

How is the possible? Did you read the thread? I am using CC HD ... and the event as stated HAS NOT STARTED YET for CC HD. So how in the world can another player get a lockbox from me when the event has not even started for my device :-)
because even if you are using HD you were still looting them from the universal players in the backround and now they loot them back in the backround even though both universal and HD cant see them. When the event is available for you guys you will see them, as of now you cant.

TRAZ
02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Dude,

Yes, I did read the thread. It was explained earlier how it happens. Reread the thread from the beginning and you'll see for yourself. I gave you the short version how it works.

Behzat
02-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Sorry sorry i rlly couldnt understand a point.it s the thing about the drop rates what drop rates?Did something nerfed with this patch?For example i started farming m4a1 s a few days ago i hope there isnt any change about them?it would be so unfair after many people farmed stuff up to this time and i started new.Sorry but i rlly couldnt understand can someone tell me anything changed about it?

frenda
02-27-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm getting about a 25% drop rate on M4A1s, so I don't think it's changed at all. From what I've read, that was about the average drop rate before. I actually got 40% yesterday with 4 of them in a 10 round spree, with 2 back to back twice.

Behzat
02-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Oh i hope it is as u said Frenda otherwise i wont get fun from this game anymore and that means quitting.Seriously many people farmed until this time and changing the drop rates from now on would be so unfair.i hope they wont make a mistake like that and spoil my fun.

frenda
02-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Just keep track of it and see what it is for you. Don't get discouraged, but it does vary a lot. I've had streaks of no drops for 10 in a row, then suddenly 4 out of 5 drops. It makes it fun though. Where are you hitting to get your M4A1s?

Behzat
02-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Packer Heights.i will keep trying i think we will have a result until tomorrow.Btw any way to get rid off this update or whatever it is?i mean if it is changed i dont care crates or crystals.all i want is my old game if the result is terrible can we go back to the old one?like iphone game play?one more question what about you my friend i mean where are u hitting M4A1s?

Behzat
02-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Sorry but it looks like the nerfed the drop rate seriously and i rlly hated it.Now can i get an official answer pls???!!!it is unfair to change the drop rate of the m4a1s after that much time.Because many players farmed them and u cant do it to the others!i spend money on this game because i like this game so much but if there is no turning back of this i will seriously start to think quitting even i dont want.Because many people farmed hundreds of M4a1s until now and they are strong!but what about us???Maybe it will be better for my wallet too.i rlly want an official answer i want my old game back what can i do now??????

frenda
02-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Don't know about PH, I hit the shooting game at the Boardwalk. I hadn't seen anyone talk up Parker Heights as a good loot drop location lately, but I may have missed it.

Swifty
02-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Nadya (Packer Heights) was good when I could get the multi-click loot, but with this last update, I have switched to Boardwalk.

frenda
02-27-2012, 11:08 AM
+1 Swifty. I tried Nadya a few times without success. I've now got 24 from Boardwalk for about 100 tries.

frenda
02-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Well, to answer someone's post which obviously got pulled, I guess I'll make up some number other than 25%. What number would you like me to use? I know how many M4s I have and how many times, approximately, I've hit it. It's averaging better than 1 in 5, so about 1 in 4. You're right though, I should say 5% so no one will go there and try it for themselves. Maybe I'm just lucky to make up for the shortcomings in my life otherwise... ;)

Behzat
02-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Can we get an official answer pls?Mark if you are reading this isnt it unfair to change the drop rates of M4a1s after that much of time?The players who farmed until this time have a huge advantage.Also i rlly cant understand why you change a thing which is loved by the players and working fine?if you change the drop rates how can we be strong as the older players who farmed until this time?Tell me if i am wrong but i dont think i am.

Ps:People dont care about boxes or diamonds if you read the posts most of the players are unhappy about ur nerf on the drop rates.it will spoil the fun of the game.why do i play this game?To drop good gear and use them in Pvp.everyone could drop equipments so it was fair about the drop rates of them.But now it is unfair u let the players farm many weapons and now you are nerfing it.So it is not fair for the players who couldnt farm until this time!i spent many energy bars today and guess what?No Loot!So where is the fun of the game!!??Dropping a weapon in 100 hits?Let this game be fair to every player and change the dropping rate back to old(NORMAL)version.You cant change it after that much time and after letting people looted much weapons.

thisisdream
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Can we get an official answer pls?Mark if you are reading this isnt it unfair to change the drop rates of M4a1s after that much of time?The players who farmed until this time have a huge advantage.Also i rlly cant understand why you change a thing which is loved by the players and working fine?if you change the drop rates how can we be strong as the older players who farmed until this time?Tell me if i am wrong but i dont think i am.

Ps:People dont care about boxes or diamonds if you read the posts most of the players are unhappy about ur nerf on the drop rates.it will spoil the fun of the game.why do i play this game?To drop good gear and use them in Pvp.everyone could drop equipments so it was fair about the drop rates of them.But now it is unfair u let the players farm many weapons and now you are nerfing it.So it is not fair for the players who couldnt farm until this time!i spent many energy bars today and guess what?No Loot!So where is the fun of the game!!??Dropping a weapon in 100 hits?Let this game be fair to every player and change the dropping rate back to old(NORMAL)version.You cant change it after that much time and after letting people looted much weapons.

X2 Agree. The world is unfair :(

Wildfire
02-27-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm getting about a 25% drop rate on M4A1s, so I don't think it's changed at all. From what I've read, that was about the average drop rate before. I actually got 40% yesterday with 4 of them in a 10 round spree, with 2 back to back twice.

Hi frenda, which version are you running and on what device, I'm running 2.2HD on an IPAD and got 1 M4A1 on boardwalk on the first hit and nothing for a day since?

ashtonite
02-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Still dont get it :-) I never got a lockbox from anyone... i fight 150 times a day... rob also 150 times a day. never once did i see a message saying i got a lock box.. or any interfaces to try to open it etc.

Something is very wrong

Behzat
02-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Why do i get a feeling that developers or moderators read these but do not spend time to answer?Do t worry even u find a lock box nothing happens seriously according to the old days of farming.it looks like game is ruined a little bit :( Farming was much more enjoyable i hope they will fix it soon

frenda
02-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Wildfire, I'm using the current version (2.2) on an iPhone. Since posting yesterday, I haven't had one drop in about 10 tries, so that lowers the stat. I'm now working on doing the rest of the events on the Boardwalk for level 1, hoping that it somehow resets the loot drop for the M4A1 in the shooting game. Does anyone know if that makes a difference? Is there a max loot drop for a level? I can't imagine there is, but maybe that's a change as well.

Behzat
02-28-2012, 08:48 AM
İts just because of they lowered the drop rates horrible amount.ive seen many people with 400 M4A1s so there wasnt a limit and i hope they will understand we want the same system instead of boxes.

nvbealone
02-28-2012, 08:55 AM
m4a1 is a thing of the past since the drop rates have changed. in fact all the farmable weapons are history. either we accept it or buy gold?

Swifty
02-28-2012, 09:11 AM
I recommend you buy gold.

But I will accept it.

nvbealone
02-28-2012, 09:14 AM
lucky i have more than enough and i accept it too. im a non gold player and i stick by it.

Behzat
02-28-2012, 10:11 AM
İ was already buying gold while farming M4A1 s so i wont accept this especially after they let many people farm hundreds of them.The thing they cant understand is people wont buy gold because of this cheap add on.Only players will buy who were already buying before.As i said before i was already buying and also farming.where is the joy of the game if we cant farm???!!!will we play just for pvp without farming?if they wont change it back to normal this amazing game will be ruined thats all!

Swifty
02-28-2012, 10:15 AM
You can still farm, just at a much slower rate.

Tramp Stamp
02-28-2012, 10:18 AM
You can still farm, just at a much slower rate.

Compared to what, though? The players with 300+ M4s didn't get all of them off Nadya, they got most of them off Junkyard and Boardwalk, which drop at the same rates they always have.

Swifty
02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Good point.

I got most of mine off multi-click Nadya, so that is what I was comparing.

Behzat
02-28-2012, 10:33 AM
The thing is if i farm with this drop rate i will always level up but wont get enough attack power as the others who farmed lots of them before this awful update.So why would i farm with this drop rate?to lvl up without getting attack power?No thx it is risky for my game career.am i wrong would u farm or do missions with this update?

nvbealone
02-28-2012, 10:36 AM
farming trade off is lvling up. if you wana farm but dont wana lvl up then might as well camp

Wildfire
02-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Wildfire, I'm using the current version (2.2) on an iPhone. Since posting yesterday, I haven't had one drop in about 10 tries, so that lowers the stat. I'm now working on doing the rest of the events on the Boardwalk for level 1, hoping that it somehow resets the loot drop for the M4A1 in the shooting game. Does anyone know if that makes a difference? Is there a max loot drop for a level? I can't imagine there is, but maybe that's a change as well.

After none yesterday I think I've got 3 today. Yesterday I was doing single hits, today it was full energy dumps so I don't know if that helps, i also tried swapping between the normal and HD versions of the app in case that would reset something, think I got 2 on the HD and 1 on the ordinary. As Tramp Stamp has said before it's all within the statistical limits but I still hate to see a full energy bar disappear for nothing but a few thousand cash.

Behzat
02-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Tried a few mins ago.1200-1300 energy spent at once and the result is NOTHiNG!Fix this as soon as possible please and pls dont make any more improvements in the game.Because they are not making the game better instead of it they are spoiling this beautiful game.Oh btw i cant find any diamond in the last 6 tries.60 gold gone for nothing!!

dudeman
02-29-2012, 01:07 AM
1) WHY... the F... has the "lockbox event guide" thread turned into ANOTHER #&@%ing M4A1 thread?!?!!!
1a) Nobody farmed their guns overnight. Well, maybe khung did... But he disappeared, so that makes me suspicious.
1b) There are current drop rates that are the same as (or better than) previous drop rates, regardless of location.
1c) I have been told on more than one occasion, by more than one "official", that Funzio takes fairness very seriously. I have even received emails at 12am PST on weekends regarding such matters.
1d) Any and all "fairness" questions should be directed to crimecity-ios-support@funzio.com.

2) That ban hammer was hitting pretty hard a few weeks ago. Not to say that it should be now, but if nobody keeps the stickies on topic... why are they stickied?

Behzat
02-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Dudeman its not about M4a1 bro its about drop rates.we were farming M4s thats why talking about them.But the point is the serious amount of reduce in drop rates.Some players farmed many equipment until this time and maybe you did too but some of us didnt.Thats why we are writing our concerns and our wishes from the Funzio team.
Yes lock box system is enjoyable but if the drop rates will reduce that much i wouldnt prefer lock box event.i would prefer old system.Because i prefer using gold on buildings not weapons so i want to farm weapons.What will happen when this event finishes?will u farm with this drop rate?
i hope Funzio can understand us.This game is awesome and i dont want to get bored.Because this game is the only game i love on my ipad.i tried many games but Crime City is definitely no 1.So i think it is our right to share our ideas about this game in the line of respect.Yes i got dissapointed about the drop rates but i trust Funzio normally.As a player and a customer i just wish the old drop rates thats all.Btw i seriously have problems in lock boxes too.i spent many gold on opening them but i find everything instead of diamonds.After finding some diamonds it started to be a pain and i cant find more :(

Swifty
02-29-2012, 12:58 PM
@dudeman

The topics of event and M4A1 are inextricably intertwined because of the perception by some people that the event affected the drop rate.

erik
02-29-2012, 05:21 PM
I am very concerned about M4s and wonder if perhaps this event was called a 'lockbox event' because Funzio real intention was putting our M4s in a lockbox. I personally have 500 M4s, but I can only imagine that one day the mafia size will be raised to 1000 and I am having trouble sleeping over this issue.

Tramp Stamp
02-29-2012, 05:26 PM
I've tracked drops in multiple locations while doing various voodoo things suggested by forum members and in every single case with every single variation, it wasn't long until the actual rate matched exactly the expected rate. Whatever the spreadsheet says is what it is.

FisK
03-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Has anyone gotten 10 diamonds yet?
I have 7 now (HD event), so I don’t think I will get the last 3 in time :(

Swifty
03-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I have 9 diamonds, and 9 fails-to-open in a row (cash).

downrange
03-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I am very concerned about M4s and wonder if perhaps this event was called a 'lockbox event' because Funzio real intention was putting our M4s in a lockbox. I personally have 500 M4s, but I can only imagine that one day the mafia size will be raised to 1000 and I am having trouble sleeping over this issue.

If i were funzio, I'd have allowed cash and respect items to be purchased in unlimited quantity (as they are), and allowed PVP loot item drops unlimited/unrestricted as well. But would've capped PVE item drops (a.k.a. "farmable" items) at some number like 25 or 50. They could never implement this retroactively (not without an uproar, anyway), but they could at least stop the bleeding by limiting to 500, *IF* they really do intend to raise the mafia size > 500.

I'd rather not see a new round of M4 A1 farming.

edit: BTW, I do understand that some items span both PVE and PVP drops, so it wouldn't have been a trivial implementation. But with a bit of consideration and planning, would be feasible.

Behzat
03-02-2012, 02:59 AM
Have 9 diamonds and cant find one more :( After this event finishes i think it wont be avaible for some time?after this event will you increase the drop rates back to old system?Mark can u pls give us information about your plans when u have time?Personally i want old drop rates and i think many others also want this but i also wonder this event will be repeatable?Thank you .....

Behzat
03-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Wow i think i dont need to worry about the diamonds anymore.i got 10 diamonds and the Diamond Heater at last :) That makes me happy at last :))

Swifty
03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
@Behzat

Congrats!

Behzat
03-02-2012, 11:34 AM
@Behzat

Congrats!
Thank you so much Swifty :)Hope you get it soon.

Nudie
03-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Thank you so much Swifty :)Hope you get it soon.

Swifty certainly deserves the diamond SIG.

Behzat
03-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Swifty certainly deserves the diamond SIG.
Yes true i hope he will get better equipments than these.

Swifty
03-02-2012, 10:15 PM
You guys are too kind.

Amor
03-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Dude Swifty, the weirdest thing just happened. I saw you in game for the first time...and at the same time I see you posted here. Weird. Anyways, your Brownstone is ready. Ill spare it :P

Swifty
03-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Amor, seriously, go ahead and rob me, everyone else does.

And I still steal more from others than is stolen from me.

SupremeFaze
03-05-2012, 07:04 PM
i dont know if this question has been asked, when will the next event go down and will your leftover lock boxes transfer? i got my sig and had 11 left over.. whats the deal?

Swifty
03-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I got no sig and 125 unopened boxes.

But I think they should start over from scratch with a totally new event.