PDA

View Full Version : At what point should you not bank your money?

Holicaholic
02-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Like, the people robbing you at the bank outweighs the people robbing you in your hood. Also, if you get robbed the max number of times (what is that by the way?) when does that number reset? When you check your hood again?

whocareswhatmynameis
02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
At what point should you not bank your money?

2 options:
1. play like duder: camp till the sun goes supernova
2. play like پیام: spend **** loads $$$ and build your defenses, minus the bullying

Ram
02-06-2012, 08:08 PM
If you have 50k of defense

Babytway
02-06-2012, 08:29 PM
i say 100k defense

erik
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Dont forget option 3!

Collect all your pops within 1 minute, and who cares what your defense is!! (Until working on it does not impact your growth)

whocareswhatmynameis
02-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Dont forget option 3!

Collect all your pops within 1 minute, and who cares what your defense is!! (Until working on it does not impact your growth)

no pun intended... of course :)

Holicaholic
02-06-2012, 09:05 PM
I don't mean when people rob your buildings, I mean when they attack YOU. Also, does anyone know the answer to my other question(s)?

How many attacks can someone take before they're too beat up to attack, and how does that number reset?

whocareswhatmynameis
02-06-2012, 09:08 PM
How many attacks can someone take before they're too beat up to attack, and how does that number reset?
10 attacks

, and how does that number reset?

i don't know. i have seen estimates ranging from 30 minutes to a few hours.

blondealex
02-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Wow spammer even took time to add an avatar.

*edit - I look dumb now that the spam is gone

erik
02-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Garbage. ^

blondealex
02-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks Erik, I like you too buddy

Nudie
02-06-2012, 09:43 PM
You should always bank your money.

erik
02-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Sorry blondealex, I thought I was posting under the p0rn spam which is now gone. What a bunch of junk.

blondealex
02-06-2012, 10:02 PM
I know just giving you hell

Tramp Stamp
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
You should stop banking when you're Tramp Stamp.

Ohaithere
02-07-2012, 01:56 AM
You should stop banking when your income is high enough for the 10 percent banking fee costs more than the 300k max you lose from gettingng attacked, so I will stop banking when I get over 3 million

AppleMacGuy
02-07-2012, 02:44 AM
You should stop banking when your income is high enough for the 10 percent banking fee costs more than the 300k max you lose from gettingng attacked, so I will stop banking when I get over 3 million

That analysis is seriously flawed...if you get attacked every 2 hours - quite possible, in my experience of attacking others with shedloads of cash on hand lol - you will lose 3.6 milion per day...

IMO, cash should be banked asap. period. If not, I will be round to take it off your hands :p

If you still don't believe me, here are some real data capture I made from that very generous player Certes, who sold up and left his cash on hand:

26/01/2012 - 1.5 million
27/01/2012 - 2.61 milion
28/01/2012 - 1.56 million
29/01/2012 - 2.07 million
30/01/2012 - 2.34 million
31/01/2012 - 0.9 million
01/02/2012 - 0.3 million

I have more detailed breakdown for each day that show a 2 hourly attack pattern. You can see that on the 27/1 I got close to my hypothetical figure...I can't have slept much that night lol :D

AppleMacGuy
02-07-2012, 02:47 AM
10 attacks

i don't know. i have seen estimates ranging from 30 minutes to a few hours.

I've consistently found it to be approx. 2 hours...and I've been tracking it for months. Buuutttt...I think 1 hour could also be possible from other comments but that has not been my experience lol :cool:

So, to summarise, it appears to be consistently inconsistent :p

Ohaithere
02-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Iv not had any successful attacks in me for a couple of weeks, I have high def for my level and so boy everyone can attack me successfully, I can't imagine I would ever suffer more than 20 successful attacks a day unless they have me on their news feed. Tramp does not bank and is not losing 3.6 million a day ( or at least I hope ) but yea at the higher levels you are right apple

bredo2
02-07-2012, 02:58 AM
well to be completely safe then i suppose you should stop banking when your daily income pushes 30 mill.

Ohaithere
02-07-2012, 03:01 AM
So at 1.25m per hour you should stop banking as at that point you will lose more banking than it is possible to lose from being attacked. Although you can prob get away with not banking earlier

AppleMacGuy
02-07-2012, 03:35 AM
well to be completely safe then i suppose you should stop banking when your daily income pushes 30 mill.

I suppose so.

nycpizzalover
02-07-2012, 07:36 AM
i say 100k defense

Ding, ding, ding.....we have a winner...give the lady a....(scratching head)...a cigar??? a carrot???? :cool:

That 100K defense for PvP should all be in weapon items and not in defense buildings since they are useless for PvP

whocareswhatmynameis
02-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Ding, ding, ding.....we have a winner...give the lady a....(scratching head)...a cigar??? a carrot???? :cool:

That 100K defense for PvP should all be in weapon items and not in defense buildings since they are useless for PvP

i think we need to qualify 'defense buildings are useless for PvP' statement. if you have 50 level 10 bodyguards, the statement is true. but instead if you build 50 level 1 defense buildings (e.g. missile turret), then every point counts towards your defense. it's only when you level up your defense buildings that you start seeing significant difference between real and displayed defense. my rule of thumb is to not upgrade defense buildings past level 3 where i get twice the defense point of lvl 1 with reasonable time and money investment.

Holicaholic
02-07-2012, 08:08 AM
i think we need to qualify 'defense buildings are useless for PvP' statement. if you have 50 level 10 bodyguards, the statement is true. but instead if you build 50 level 1 defense buildings (e.g. missile turret), then every point counts towards your defense. it's only when you level up your defense buildings that you start seeing significant difference between real and displayed defense. my rule of thumb is to not upgrade defense buildings past level 3 where i get twice the defense point of lvl 1 with reasonable time and money investment.

I think he means when you attack a person rather than their buildings. THAT'S when defense buildings are useless.

whocareswhatmynameis
02-07-2012, 08:11 AM
I think he means when you attack a person rather than their buildings. THAT'S when defense buildings are useless.

are you telling me that defense buildings have ZERO impact on attacks? that's hard to believe. if you look at the PvP display, there is no difference in your opponents defense points regardless of whether you are robbing or attacking them.

silverbackspur
02-07-2012, 08:13 AM
I am level 39 with 5.5k defence, I'm now thinking I shouldn't be banking if TS isn't, considering he's 1k better defence but quite higher in levels?

Holicaholic
02-07-2012, 08:19 AM
are you telling me that defense buildings have ZERO impact on attacks? that's hard to believe. if you look at the PvP display, there is no difference in your opponents defense points regardless of whether you are robbing or attacking them.

If you check their profile before you attack to see their defense score, then attack and look at it again, you'll notice the defense score is lower than it was when you checked at first. The defense buildings, AFAIK, only effect the defense score when robbing a player's buildings, not their person.

Anubis
02-07-2012, 08:39 AM

No, ppl need to get the old 'standard thought' out their minds :). The defence is the same for PVP and rob and doesn't matter if you PVP in orout the hood.

whocareswhatmynameis
02-07-2012, 08:45 AM
If you check their profile before you attack to see their defense score, then attack and look at it again, you'll notice the defense score is lower than it was when you checked at first.

that is because real and displayed defense points are different resulting from decrease in "real" defense point with increasing defense building level.
(for details, please review Peacock and Jihy posts on this topic)

Vile Lynn
02-07-2012, 08:49 AM
If you check their profile before you attack to see their defense score, then attack and look at it again, you'll notice the defense score is lower than it was when you checked at first. The defense buildings, AFAIK, only effect the defense score when robbing a player's buildings, not their person.

Then why is the def stat the same whether it is a robbery or fight?

Been wondering this for a while:
Hypothetically...
Rival def on profile = 22K
Rival def on robbery screen = 19K
Rival def on attack screen = 19K ^ same

I rob with the leftover stamina after attacking & stats show exactly the same, like above.

IF there was a difference, I would expect:
Hypothetically...
Rival def on profile = 22K
Rival def on robbery screen = 21K *
Rival def on attack screen = 19K ^ not same, diff due to lack of building def

*lower bc building def isn't face value.

See the confusion?

blondealex
02-07-2012, 08:54 AM
No, ppl need to get the old 'standard thought' out their minds :). The defence is the same for PVP and rob and doesn't matter if you PVP in orout the hood.

I am not making an argument either way, I have no idea how buildings are calculated for rob vs pvp. I want to believe Anubis is right since that's what it shows on the screen. However, I'll make a recent example that gives me pause. I have a rival that robbed several of my older buildings (Pizza parlor, ice Cream, etc.) though it took them many tries. Shortly after that I logged on and collected and left the money out while I did other things. The same player attacked me repeatedly (news showed an attack 5 straight times in 5 minutes, so don't know how many times they actually tried), and was unable to beat me.

Holicaholic
02-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I'd like to rescind my previous statement. I attacked someone, looked at the Fight result screen, then robbed a building and did the same and the defense on their side was the same for both.

Sorry for anyone I may have confused.

Vile Lynn
02-07-2012, 09:31 AM
I'd like to rescind my previous statement. I attacked someone, looked at the Fight result screen, then robbed a building and did the same and the defense on their side was the same for both.

Totally not your fault. It is confusing & CC rules are still developing/changing.

Tramp Stamp
02-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Tramp does not bank and is not losing 3.6 million a day ( or at least I hope )

If only I was able to lose $3.6 million per day!

AppleMacGuy
02-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Tramp does not bank and is not losing 3.6 million a day ( or at least I hope ) but yea at the higher levels you are right apple
He would do if me or Babytway find him in the Rival's list lol :p:p:p

Anubis
02-07-2012, 11:27 AM
I am not making an argument either way, I have no idea how buildings are calculated for rob vs pvp. I want to believe Anubis is right since that's what it shows on the screen. However, I'll make a recent example that gives me pause. I have a rival that robbed several of my older buildings (Pizza parlor, ice Cream, etc.) though it took them many tries. Shortly after that I logged on and collected and left the money out while I did other things. The same player attacked me repeatedly (news showed an attack 5 straight times in 5 minutes, so don't know how many times they actually tried), and was unable to beat me.

The only thing we don't know is how the 'random' factor applies in PVP against robberies. Evidence shows it is easier to rob than PVP. although I did go 1/1 on a guy with 10K+ screen defence then my att (I Had 34Katt he had 44k att) was a one off tho.

qwikster
02-07-2012, 11:54 AM

that's alright. i've confirmed that Peacock-Jihy principle on defense buildings stands.

qwikster
02-07-2012, 11:55 AM
The only thing we don't know is how the 'random' factor applies in PVP against robberies. Evidence shows it is easier to rob than PVP. although I did go 1/1 on a guy with 10K+ screen defence then my att (I Had 34Katt he had 44k att) was a one off tho.

you are right. it appears that it is easier to rob than fight. conversely, it is more difficult to defend against robberies than fights.

Joe Brown1
02-07-2012, 12:51 PM
After reading through all these posts, I can't believe that no one came up with the right answer - no one else should bank their money, I need upgardes and expansion - where were you on this Babytway, I thought for sure you or AMG would have been right there urging everyone to leave their $$$ unprotected for some mass robbing:cool:.

AppleMacGuy
02-07-2012, 01:54 PM
After reading through all these posts, I can't believe that no one came up with the right answer - no one else should bank their money, I need upgardes and expansion - where were you on this Babytway, I thought for sure you or AMG would have been right there urging everyone to leave their $$$ unprotected for some mass robbing:cool:.Dude I think Babytway and myself have some self-respect...we don't need to grovel when there is plenty out there to feed on ;)

Babytway
02-07-2012, 02:07 PM
i always advise ppl to bank and collect on time. now if the don't follow that then i will show them how.

AppleMacGuy
02-07-2012, 02:31 PM
i always advise ppl to bank and collect on time. now if the don't follow that then i will show them how.Steady on...folks will think you've gone soft ;)

Babytway
02-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Steady on...folks will think you've gone soft ;)

me soft?? never.. never ever lol u read my words the soft way.. i will gladly show them how of cource after i attack them 10 times in a row BAM!!!!

Silvio
02-07-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm actually going naked right now. Gone a full week and no losses. So my upgrades are 10% cheaper. . .

Tramp Stamp
02-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Join the dark side...

http://i.imgur.com/O2JwM.jpg

G Wiz
02-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Steady on...folks will think you've gone soft ;)you got a loooooong tab at my pirate taverns "sir drinks a lot" lol.

I dont know whos robbed it more, you or babytway?

Joe Brown1
02-07-2012, 06:58 PM
I seem to remember some complaining about the lack of ATMs anymore in another thread. I guess that you two would just encourage people to go into the finance business and set up an ATM service:)

AppleMacGuy
02-08-2012, 03:10 AM
you got a loooooong tab at my pirate taverns "sir drinks a lot" lol.

I dont know whos robbed it more, you or babytway?

I'm not even sure I recall ever robbing your PTs? I'll be sure to make some extra visits to ur hood familiarise myself :p Hard to keep track with all the hoods I raid...:cool:

Fig Oni
02-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Like, the people robbing you at the bank outweighs the people robbing you in your hood. Also, if you get robbed the max number of times (what is that by the way?) when does that number reset? When you check your hood again?

Let end this post. The answer to your question is, when you have less the $10 on hand then you should not bank. If you have laundromats in your hood you will show up on the rival list every hour unless you got attacked 10x then you''l show up on the rival list in 2 hours. If you don't then it could be every 4 hours or if you been looting in the 4 hour period then you'll will show up every 2 hours on the rival list, unless you are on a rivals empire times then he can attack you every hours as you reset after 1 hour.

with laundromats attacked - 120 times a day x $30,000 per hit = $3,600,000
without laundromats inc. robbing - 120 times a day x $30,000 per hit = $3,600,000
without laundromats(camping) - 60 times a day x $30,000 per hit = $1,800,000
on empire times - 240 times a day x $30,000 per day = $7,200,000

So it be safe to say after earning $72,000,000 per day or $3,000,000 an hour your good to never use the bank regardless how weak you are