PDA

View Full Version : Best Valor Unit to buy?

ObamaSux
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I got about 10K valor points hoarded away and need to spend. I lose units when I get raided all the time, so I'm looking for LOW casualty... Any recommendations on which to buy?

Deskjockey
02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
The super hornet has the second lowest consume percentage of the valor units at 0.3%, and the stealth frigate has the lowest at 0.25%. Either one is a solid choice, with the hornet being the more powerful of the two, but also the more expensive.

changing
02-06-2012, 08:48 PM
where did you find the casualty rate of these units?

The super hornet has the second lowest consume percentage of the valor units at 0.3%, and the stealth frigate has the lowest at 0.25%. Either one is a solid choice, with the hornet being the more powerful of the two, but also the more expensive.

CampephilusZ63
02-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Most of these resources are amazing options if you love to pay attention to the police scanning: illinois radio frequencies (http://policefrequencies.blogspot.com/p/police-identifiers.html)

ObamaSux
02-06-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't know if that's such a good idea... If I lose the unit in a stupid raid from someone else, its a big hit. Plus, for the same valor points I can get 3.5 avengers, with a combined defense/attack that's 15 pts greater... Thoughts?

magicxue
02-07-2012, 12:58 AM
add me plz
modern war 194657928

ObamaSux
02-07-2012, 03:09 PM
add me plz
modern war 194657928

Not for spamming my thread. There's a section for that.

Deskjockey
02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
where did you find the casualty rate of these units?

Someone on this board did some digging in the program and found an XML file with the consume percentages for each unit. Here is the link to a spreadsheet another user created to make it easier to reference the values. Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the users or have a link to the thread, but I do recall that it was titled something like "official casualty figures," so you can try searching for that to get more info. Link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AgjEOMAMom92dFhOellvbTAwQ0dvZGJfYk9EQjMxRn c

Deskjockey
02-07-2012, 04:52 PM
I don't know if that's such a good idea... If I lose the unit in a stupid raid from someone else, its a big hit. Plus, for the same valor points I can get 3.5 avengers, with a combined defense/attack that's 15 pts greater... Thoughts?

Yes, you could buy three avengers, but they would take up three slots in your army, compared to only one slot for a hornet. Since you can only take a fixed number of units into battle, there is an opportunity cost to buying the cheaper units instead of the more expensive ones. With the three avengers, you will be unable to take two of your o ther units into battle that would have otherwise come into play if you had bought the avenger. To give you an example, in my case, I have 46 super hornets. I could have, instead, bough 161 avengers, but that would have meant giving up 111 slots in my army to provide roughly the same attack and defense score that 50 hornets (to compensate for the point advantage of the avengers) would give me. Those extra 111 slots are filled with other units that provide additional attack and defense points, boosting my attack and defense scores still further, something that would not be possible if I had bought the avengers.

As a final reason for getting the more expensive valor units, the GIGNs and avengers have a higher consume percentage, so you will lose them more frequently. I burned through over a dozen avengers before wising up to this a while back.

Agent Orange
02-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Yes, you could buy three avengers, but they would take up three slots in your army, compared to only one slot for a hornet. Since you can only take a fixed number of units into battle, there is an opportunity cost to buying the cheaper units instead of the more expensive ones. With the three avengers, you will be unable to take two of your o ther units into battle that would have otherwise come into play if you had bought the avenger. To give you an example, in my case, I have 46 super hornets. I could have, instead, bough 161 avengers, but that would have meant giving up 111 slots in my army to provide roughly the same attack and defense score that 50 hornets (to compensate for the point advantage of the avengers) would give me. Those extra 111 slots are filled with other units that provide additional attack and defense points, boosting my attack and defense scores still further, soothing that would not be possible if I had bought the avengers.

As a final reason for getting the more expensive valor units, the GIGNs and avengers have a higher consume percentage, so you will lose them more frequently. I burned through over a dozen avengers before wizing up to this a while back.

This is an extremely important point for those playing in the lower levels who have a limited number of units they can take into battle or those holding back on accepting a lot of allies.

I have seen some players with a crap load of units but a handful of allies so they have shot themselves in the foot because they can't bring anything to the fight and therefore their attack and defense scores are super low.

digitalwalker
02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Someone on this board did some digging in the program and found an XML file with the consume percentages for each unit. Here is the link to a spreadsheet another user created to make it easier to reference the values. Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the users or have a link to the thread, but I do recall that it was titled something like "official casualty figures," so you can try searching for that to get more info. Link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AgjEOMAMom92dFhOellvbTAwQ0dvZGJfYk9EQjMxRn c

Its my first thread and address is:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?17899-explain-probability-of-low-medium-high-casualty-rate.

Thread name has changed, "official data" has been taken off by devs.

nighthunter
02-08-2012, 08:49 PM
To add more to your point, an averger can easily be replace by a $150,000 unit, gign, maybe 750k, As for super hornet, you will need like 2-3mil to replace one...

Yes, you could buy three avengers, but they would take up three slots in your army, compared to only one slot for a hornet. Since you can only take a fixed number of units into battle, there is an opportunity cost to buying the cheaper units instead of the more expensive ones. With the three avengers, you will be unable to take two of your o ther units into battle that would have otherwise come into play if you had bought the avenger. To give you an example, in my case, I have 46 super hornets. I could have, instead, bough 161 avengers, but that would have meant giving up 111 slots in my army to provide roughly the same attack and defense score that 50 hornets (to compensate for the point advantage of the avengers) would give me. Those extra 111 slots are filled with other units that provide additional attack and defense points, boosting my attack and defense scores still further, something that would not be possible if I had bought the avengers.

As a final reason for getting the more expensive valor units, the GIGNs and avengers have a higher consume percentage, so you will lose them more frequently. I burned through over a dozen avengers before wising up to this a while back.