PDA

View Full Version : Guide for light gold players, how to farm 100m in 3 weeks

digitalwalker
02-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi,all. Looks like we have quite a few guides for non-gold player. So I feel like to start a thread writing myselfs experiences as a light gold player and hopefully it may benefit players has or going to invest around 100 dollars into the game. And this guide applys to players below level 30s and it is best suited for a new character, but if you are not in one of the suitiations above, you may still find it helpful, especially the tactic part.

Before I start, I think it might be good to put my stat first so that people won't think I am talking with nothing to prove. Right, my low level account:
Current level: 29
Time played: approximate 3 weeks
Missions: 67
Win/lose: 1730/33
Raid/lose: 675/4
Income: 145k
*Total Cash Gained in 3 weeks: 80million (has put into upgrade buildings), 30 million in hand. 110million intotal ( if you follow this guide, you may gain even more than me)

The global strategy is earn as much cash as possible by pvp before level30 and put them all in upgrade money buildings. And I shall start by put one piece of information and one concept as foundations of the guide, they are the essences of why this guide works.

1) Due to the unpleasant high lost of units currently and the fear of rushing into high level regime we have, most players were decided to camp and keep themself low leveled and do no pvp activities. This results in a huge amount of cash exceeded of a handful players vault. I shall tell you my experiences of how to hunt them.

2) one should always keep in mind that whatever kinds of activites, xp is the last thing you want to gain. Because not only you want to level as slow as possible(in order to let ur economic and military power grow in a balanced way with your level growth) but also, below level 30s, each level are gold mines, you want to extract as much cash as possible in each level. So there is a parameter you may alwalys like to maximize: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * A = Cash gained/ Xp gained*
If you maximized very well in each level, I can garantee you will be one of the top players before entering the high level regime.

Deciesions and Strategies

Ok, let's start by discussing the general strategy. I separated them into individual parts so that we can look into each of them in a great detail.

1) General goals: You want to gain at least 50million by raiding/attacking befor level 30, and spent them all on upgrading money buildings. Finish all valor missions,*

2) country selection:Do not choose Iran and America, First of all PVE gives you a very small value of A (including the value of loot items) compare with PVP if follow this guide. Stamina 10% bounds is less valuable than the 10% units bounds when you are in low level with small amount of stamina, also, in low levels, people can hardly overpass the 10% stats bounds you had from ur gold units.And i myself did not choose China and German. Because I was using gold units to pass my early stage of the game, so units of these two country I werent and won't *even consider to buy. And most of all, infantry and ground units are againsted most often, there are lots of popular units against these two type, and I don't want when I spent 2million in one type of unit in the future is againsted.*

3) Gold units selection: Buy cheap gold units instead of expensive one, and the ones give u the country bounds, because we are light gold player, and we are going to foucs on the 5-20 ally regime, which means u need 20-80 strong units, the best is pure golden army, and the worst is 20% of ur army are desctructable, in order to suffer zero loss during the fights. And buy strong against infantry or ground gold units, because in early levels, most players are armed by these two kinds. ( excuse me for not taking sea scout into account as there is no cheap non-sea gold units are strong against sea type)

4) buildings decisions: *apart from cash, time is the most important thing you would like to consider, there is no hurry to build or upgrade buildings you will not need in a short time. Buildings you are not hurry to buy and upgrade: units buildings apart from advanced one(ur country type), defense buildings, fast pay money buildings. Reasons are, first, only buy cash units that are very strong like units from lvl1 advanced buildings. Second, ur defense score is high enough to compensate the weakened buildings defense score. Third, even you can log on every 5/10/30 mins, you will still lose them when u sleeping, you wanna spent ur cash and time on those buildings can pay u 100%, it is efficient in the long run, and you wont lack of cash due to ur pvp activities. So I recommend: munition stockpile, recycle plant, ore mine, oil refinery, chemical plant, oil rig. High level of those r ur key to compete with those heavy gold players in the future.

Ok, I shall now telling how to perform pvp activities.

1) you got to know before level 40, the maximum cash you can gain pre attack is increasing as your opponents level increasing, which means before level 15 if I recall it right, attacks won't give u much cash even the person has 1trillion in hand, so the best choice is raiding, especially munition stockpiles, and after 15, I think per attack pay out limit is start to greater than the pay out of lvl6 munition stockpile which suggesting that attacking or raiding lvl6+ munition stockpile. And after level 20, do not raid as it give u a very small A.

2) only attacks people who gives u the max pay out cash, you can know it by noticing ur second attack pays u the same amount as the first one, if it drops, stop attacking, Don't be greedy, because you don't want to spent your xp on those less returned attacks, and there are plenty players have tons of cash waiting for u. And once u leveled to 20ish, u will find, not many people can pay u the max amount on every attacks. Then u may set up a minimum amount to stop attacking, I always set it to be 60k, if my attacks give me below this number, I will stop.

3) stay low allied, start from 5 allies, and clear up those millionaires then add allies gradually, so you get a wider range of rivals which can potentially give u more millionaires to attack. *Once u cleared rivals up to 20 Ally *numbers, stop , because if you attacked one with 20allies and his attack score is greater than your defense score when u had 5 allies, then you could not shrink ur ally number back to 5 again as he will surely revenge. (numbers are depend on every individuals)

4) Remember, use those pending ally requests as a rival list adjuster, if you use it wisely, you can benefit it a lot from it. But also remember,your opponents can do the same, they can use theirs pending list as a revenge tool, so you should better leave those rivals alone who can potentially enhance their force in a short time, for example, if u see one worth to attack, but he got gold units and he has lots of units not been brought to battle, then you know he can potentially harm u by quickly adding up allies, the last thing you want to have is a strong and angry revenger, it will slow u down a lot.

5) there is a faint rule govern ur rivals list, either strong players with similar level/ally number as urs, or weak players with higher level/ally numbers. This rule is generally right, especially for those below level 20. And u want to attack those strong players as they could have more cash in hand. So refresh ur rival list, and until u see most of rivals are similar to ur level/ally numbers, go check them one by one.

6) Some of the players are lazy and like to holding a lots of cash, u may like to take snapshot of theirs name, and came back to attack him again after few hours.

7)how to tell the size of ones vault, normally, peoples size of theirs vault is proportional to theirs size of landscape, so if you see one with lots of cash but small base, then you know, his cash must have excessed, then you good to go.

I found I have wrote to much..will stop here for now..gosh, sorry for the book like thread:(

GIJOE
02-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Hi digitalwalker, I really could use your guide last month when first started this game. Now I'm at level 35 and still struggle with the economy. I spent 3,000 gold bars so far to buy money building and some units. With this guide I
think I can still make it works for now, thanks for your post !

Treacuape
02-06-2012, 01:01 PM
[url=] (][/url) [url=] (][/url) [url=] (][/url)

digitalwalker
02-06-2012, 01:05 PM
no problem, and you are very welcome. and if u have any questions or thoughts, u can surely post it here so that we can look into it together.

Ramshutu
02-06-2012, 02:57 PM
I would personally recommend the UK as the best choice of country. Most of the units are either low or very low loss, and pack some quite good stats. It is very easy to build up frigates/transports at very low levels to boost defence, then start stacking up some of the higher level units with spare cash. With the boost, this works out pretty well. While I can't speak fr many of the higher end other units, very few units I have unlocked, aside from the sea-hawk helicopter, are strong against sea; the ones people will sink a lot of money into at my level (avenger) are strong against air.

Don't listen to me, though, as it could be all the higher end ships are high loss, and all the higher end aircraft are very low loss and strong against sea, in which case, I'm pretty boned.

digitalwalker
02-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I would personally recommend the UK as the best choice of country. Most of the units are either low or very low loss, and pack some quite good stats. It is very easy to build up frigates/transports at very low levels to boost defence, then start stacking up some of the higher level units with spare cash. With the boost, this works out pretty well. While I can't speak fr many of the higher end other units, very few units I have unlocked, aside from the sea-hawk helicopter, are strong against sea; the ones people will sink a lot of money into at my level (avenger) are strong against air.

Don't listen to me, though, as it could be all the higher end ships are high loss, and all the higher end aircraft are very low loss and strong against sea, in which case, I'm pretty boned.

yes, as u said, uk would be the best choice, if one consider to play defence in the beginning and spent long time on boost economics and finally arm them with good units. and if people who love attacks, then russia may be the best, as airplane are relatively cheaper than ships and more tend to aggressive (i will arm myself mainly by super hornet and B-52 Bomber).

another difference between uk and russia is that, end sea units attack and defense are relatively close and it is different from that of air power. eg, Stealth Surveillance Drone has 8A/30D, and B-52 Bomber has 30A/17D. it suggesting that for air power, attacking units and defensing units should separate, and this compensated the relatively high casualty rate compare to sea powers, and I think separating attack and defensing units is a good way to minimize "value" losses durning attack and be attacked in my opinion.

and in this guide, because it assumes one has gold units in the beginning, then there is no need to buy transport/frigate, a few harrier jet or stealth boat would be sufficient to dominant.

digitalwalker
02-07-2012, 07:02 AM
hi,MWnewGuy, here are the tips:

1)you have 44 alliances which means every fight you brought 176 number of units to battle, and with these large number of units, u suffers a painful units loss which discouraged u do more pvp i think. so the best option is to shrink your alliances number. not only you will bring less units to battle (suffer no loss), but also you will see more rich players that can feed you (most of them are in low ally regime). so try to buy some cheap gold units and shrink ur alliance numbers, the reason to buy cheap gold units is that you want your fighting troops are mainly gold units so that you wont suffer any loss durning 1000+ fights. A thing need to note is that, make sure you do not have any revengers before you shrink your ally numbers.

2) 10% country bounds is a very sufficient number, everytime you buy a air force, take into account this, so for example GlobalHawk Drone original stat is 4a/15d, but you should see it as 4.4a/16.5d. And also if you are going to buy gold units, buy air force, and also dont buy any other cash units as gold units will help you pass the early stage of the game. If you decide to buy cash units, buy air force only. and same method apply to boost buildings, once you feel like to upgrade boost buildings, go for space hunger first.

3) you might want to stop upgrade the Cemetery building as it wont give much benefit for now, and the time cost to upgrade it, will slow you down.

4) there is no need to buy or upgrade defense buildings, not much players could raid you when you forgot to collect the money. and also put ur defense buildings only cover those long term pay out buildings, like munition stockpile.

5)in the future, your main earnings will come from those factory money buildings, like my oil rig (which will be level 3 by tomorrow morning) can pay me 700k per day. and you may not have them unlocked for now, so what you should do now is to save cash, you need a lot of cash to upgrade them (scales like 10m). and in order to make sure your saved money is save, you need to build up a ridicules high defense which should come from ur gold units easily. ( i have 1000 defense if i have 10 ally, and no ones attack stats can higher than this, you may see mine as a reference), you need aprroximately average 25 defense stats per units.

other than these, i have to say, u r doing pretty well for now, and follow the guide, you may find it helps, if you have any other thoughts or questions, u r welcome to ask.

digitalwalker
02-07-2012, 07:18 AM
one (light gold players) may always keep in mind that short term strategy is severing for your long term strategy.

like:
build and upgrade those factory money buildings should be no.1 priority. buy units which you think you will use it forever, like medic is not, because ur final troops defense force should comes from units have at least 15+ defense stats. etc,..

Agent Orange
02-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Some interesting ideas presented. One thing I notice is the mention to do all valor missions, I'm guessing you mean do all valor missions up to your level as they continue up to about L100 with the higher missions requiring you to attack and beat players based on their level eg win 32 battles against L92 players or higher....

I agree with either UK or Russia as they give boosts to the best valor units the Super Hornet or Stealth Frigate then factor in the boost from the Airship hanger or Naval Research buidings and you could get up to a 30% increase in unit strength.

The air units seem to be more prone to loss than sea units though some of the higher money units have really low casualty stats, the Nuclear Sub is medium as is the B52.

Ally count, in the very low levels the game matches your rivals based on two criteria, your level and the number of allies you have. This all goes to hell at some point when you cross a threshold into the highest levels at which point you are lumped in with everyone up to L200 players. I notice that as players are starting fill in the middle ranks that this matchin process is still in effect so you don't seem to wind up on the radar screens or the whales or psuedo whales.

One defensive strategy we have been testing is to have lots of defensive units that are strong against air. Even though your opponent is a lot more powerful the plan is to knock down as many of their relatively weak Super Hornets (why folks complain a lot about loosing these units) so that you are not as nice a target as you appear since the attackers losses are going to be a lot higher than their gains.... so it's important to try and intel those attacking you to see how their army is set up and to target any weak areas. Granted you are screwed if that player has an all gold force in which case bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

MWnewGuy
02-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks digitalwalker. I will make some adjustments. One problem with dropping my number of allies down is that some of the valor missions have you defeat "N" number of rivals with a certain number of allies. If I drop my number of allies I won't be able to see anybody on my rival list with the appropriate number of allies to get credit for the mission.

Does this mean I have to just put off the valor until after getting a ton of cash?

digitalwalker
02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Some interesting ideas presented. One thing I notice is the mention to do all valor missions, I'm guessing you mean do all valor missions up to your level as they continue up to about L100 with the higher missions requiring you to attack and beat players based on their level eg win 32 battles against L92 players or higher....

I agree with either UK or Russia as they give boosts to the best valor units the Super Hornet or Stealth Frigate then factor in the boost from the Airship hanger or Naval Research buidings and you could get up to a 30% increase in unit strength.

The air units seem to be more prone to loss than sea units though some of the higher money units have really low casualty stats, the Nuclear Sub is medium as is the B52.

Ally count, in the very low levels the game matches your rivals based on two criteria, your level and the number of allies you have. This all goes to hell at some point when you cross a threshold into the highest levels at which point you are lumped in with everyone up to L200 players. I notice that as players are starting fill in the middle ranks that this matchin process is still in effect so you don't seem to wind up on the radar screens or the whales or psuedo whales.

One defensive strategy we have been testing is to have lots of defensive units that are strong against air. Even though your opponent is a lot more powerful the plan is to knock down as many of their relatively weak Super Hornets (why folks complain a lot about loosing these units) so that you are not as nice a target as you appear since the attackers losses are going to be a lot higher than their gains.... so it's important to try and intel those attacking you to see how their army is set up and to target any weak areas. Granted you are screwed if that player has an all gold force in which case bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

thanks for ur great replay Agent:)

yes, as you said, only finish valor missions up to ones level

about units in differnt country, i can see a clear pattern which is: infantry-air,ground-sea, they form 2 groups, infantry and air power units are cheaper and tends to more extreme in the way that there are 0a/10d,20a/7d,8a/30d,50a/16d units , and on the contrary, ground and sea power units are more expensive and tends to more balanced, like 27a/26d,42a/35d. and without talking about rated casulties(which are understood already).

There should be a optimized way of maxing out stats while minimizing unit losses providing a certain cash, by composing ones army. eg, if one is going to use unit with 50a/16d as attacking units then he should make sure that none of his defensing units are having defense stats lower than 16, so that his attacking units wont be brought to battle, and hence the number of fights of his attacking units are lowered which is equivalent to minimize unit losses. So, looks like for infantry and air power, ideally, people should have two armies for attacking and defensing, and one army for people using ground and sea power. So, roughly speaking, 2 end infantry/air units should equal to 1 end ground/sea unit, however, by looking at the prices, one should be able to notice that, infantry/air units prices are more than twice cheaper than that of ground/sea units. (this more than 2x price differences probably counts for casualty differences).

Also, i have noticed there is a pattern on meat-shield looses, looks like when one attacking, ones units defense score plays the role of be selected as meat-shield or not, the lower, the more chance to loss, which is to say, when i attack, i loose units with stats 15a/0d quicker than 15a/10d. I am not sure on this yet.

Any thoughts on this Agent? I would love to hear.

digitalwalker
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks digitalwalker. I will make some adjustments. One problem with dropping my number of allies down is that some of the valor missions have you defeat "N" number of rivals with a certain number of allies. If I drop my number of allies I won't be able to see anybody on my rival list with the appropriate number of allies to get credit for the mission.

Does this mean I have to just put off the valor until after getting a ton of cash?

oh, i c. yes, valor missions wont run away, you will finish those ally number required missions eventually. Cash is more important in ur stage.

holdings 30m cash in hand below level 30ish is much less risky than when u hold them in level 50+. i bet lots of high level player wont even have a chance to upgrade a lvl1 space center.

digitalwalker
03-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Although this guide was written on feb 6th, I think some of it still applicable even in higher levels, at least I have followed this up to now level 75, apart from the part that all the cash eared are put into buying units rather than on money buildings.

Just wanna kick it upwards. Hope it can helps a bit about doing pvp.

Homsher
01-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Can someone please tell me why I cant Post a thread?

Saint Anger
01-23-2014, 10:51 AM
I believe it is because you have only 4 posts on record, and you need more than that to Create a Thread. Someone smarter than me will know the minimum number. 10, maybe?

Homsher
01-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Thank you!