PDA

View Full Version : Strategically Placed Buildings & Trees

Mcdoc
02-06-2012, 03:19 AM
A bush in front of a Guard Tower hides the number so an attacker can't tell if it is a level 1 or a 7.
That Guard Tower in front of an Oil Derrik hides the number of the Derrik so a raider can't tell if it is worth looting.
That Oil Derrik in front of my Armory hides that number as well.

Bushes easily hide the number on a Storage Silo.
Tall Palm Trees easily hide the number of a bunker & allow you to surprise a raider with your high defense.
You can almost completely hide an EMP Cannon or Turrent in the shadows of other Bldgs or behind simple trees & bushes.

Why hide the numbers and hide your defenses?

Well, I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy - but the RAID Fairy brings me an easy 60k to 120k every time I wake up from people who attack me and leave me lots and lots and lots and lots of money :)

It's not a strategy I've seen anyone else talk about - but if you look at my base - it will deter the smart ones who don't want to risk what numbers may hide beneath my camoflouge and totally surprise the unsuspecting amateurs who attack me with unvaulted fortunes :)

As for an attack strategy - I am lvl 40 with 75 Allies - so I one attack people with 65 or less Allies (love the occasional 58 or 59 Allies I come across). If I win but get no cash - I move on to the next person - if I win & get $200 to $500 I move on to the next person - BUT - when I win and get $2000, $5000, $11000, and yes even $30,0000 & sometimes a $50,000 reward - I stay on that person until they are " Too Weak to Battle" - even if I have to wait for my stamina to refill between attacks. And then of course I vault my winnings before I move on to my next target.

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks - so my strategies may not be the best out there - but I am having fun and able to play hard for 10 to 20 minutes - do a few "Word With Friends" rounds and come back 30 minutes later to collect cash from my money buildings and start all over :)

I do strongly agree with buying more smaller units that cost less but multiply up to stats that are higher than more costly units. I.E. A Transport Boat costs 15k & has 8 def & 1 attack point vs a Frigate that costs $34k & has 8 def & 5 attack points - SO - with less money - I get 2 Transports and add 16 def & 2 attack points and if I lose one in battle it's not so expensive to replace.

Likewise - when you go to spend Valor points: a Jungle Stalker costs 25 VP with 5 DP & 4 AP vs the GIGN at 200 VP with 19 AP & 22 AP. When you do the math - I get 8 Jungle Stalkers for the VP cost of 1 GIGN and get a total of 40 DP & 32 AP vs 19 & 22 and I get a lot more "disposable" units that I don't cry over if lost in battle. Trust me - it hurts to lose a GIGN.

Oh yeah - if you wanna see my camoflouged base, my ID is: 723 893 150

Any spelling errors can be blamed on this stupid autocorrect on my I-Pad - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

digitalwalker
02-06-2012, 03:34 AM
Nice post, and I agree with ur building hiding thought.

However, I disagree with how u spent ur valor. If u spent all ur valor on cheap units, u will soon realize once ur average army stats are close or even higher that ur bought cheap valor units and u have no valor left to buy GIGN or Superhornet to fight with those who have, then u will screwed .

The "value" of one certain unit is not stats addition and divided by cash or valor that simple. One need to take into account that the number of units position it occupied with certain cash/valor and overall stats u expected to spent and achieve

Mcdoc
02-06-2012, 04:27 AM
I guess because I Attack a lot - I end up with 1600 valor points before I know it and end up buying a butt load of units. My point is simply that sometimes bigger units don't add up as good as more lower units. So far I have faired very well against attacks & raids so I must be doing something right :) As far as my success on attacks - I already stated I keep my attacks limited to people with 10 or more fewer allies than me.

Anyway - using my attack strategy ( I have 17 stamina points thus 17 attacks) I went "fishing" and with 77 allies - I attacked only 68 & below - I came across a guy just now & here is how it went down:

Attack 1: I won $159 k
Attack 2: I won $143 k
Attack 3: I won $129 k
Attack 4: I won $116 k
Attack 5: I won $104 k
Attack 6: I won $94 k
Attack 7: I won $84 k
Attack 8: I won $76 k

I couldn't believe I got 8 attacks in! I really never counted before, but 159k on a first attack is the most I had ever seen. I am usually happy to see a 1st attack payout of over 30k.

After this series of attacks I ended up with 910 k of unvaulted cash for my $250k vault. Luckily my infirmary had JUST completed construction so I suddenly had the $660 (?) k needed to upgrade to level 2 that I probably wouldnt have had for weeeeeeeeks!

THANKS Duckie :)

digitalwalker
02-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Oh, well. I am glad that u are having fun:)

Valor is like a ticket can buy you advantage, the point is then when do you want u use this ticket. Some people spent theirs valors in the early stage and use it buy a tones of jungle stalker or something else cheaper ones, so that they could have an advantage over theirs ravils in early stage. and some people just save theirs valors and spent them much later and buy expensive valor units.

My own experience is that I spent my valors on tons of cheap valor units in the earlier game, and when I am leveled up to a high level, I found myself are in the position of my cash units have better stats than my valor units which makes my valor units not even been brought to battles, and I have no more valors left to buy expensive valor units. And I feel very bad everytime I saw a ravil with 50+ Superhornet, I could have them too..

So I started a new character, and saving all my valors, I m level 30 at moment with valors 7000 cames from 1852 fights and 675 raids. I just denied to use valors to buy me an advantage in the earlier stage of the game in order to suffer less pain in future:)

And I found those who dominant theirs ravils in the early game are those who bought a few expensive valors units and stay low allied.

Wildfire
02-06-2012, 04:52 AM
Bushes and trees don't work, have you ever seen one in anybody else's base? No, because currently the only person who sees them is you so you can only hide numbers from yourself. Just look at your allies not a decoration in sight.

digitalwalker
02-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Bushes and trees don't work, have you ever seen one in anybody else's base? No, because currently the only person who sees them is you so you can only hide numbers from yourself. Just look at your allies not a decoration in sight.

That's right:)

Mcdoc
02-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Really? People looking at my base can't see them? That's a waste of an entire concept in the game. Why do they even exist?

Oh well - I still have some "cloaking" by strategic bldg placement. :)

digitalwalker
02-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Really? People looking at my base can't see them? That's a waste of an entire concept in the game. Why do they even exist?

Oh well - I still have some "cloaking" by strategic bldg placement. :)

Devs said because of some devices dont have much processing power so they cut it off. It is a shame indeed.

civic5163
02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Why go through those hassles? You can simply turn off the Level Number at Setting -> Level Toggle. When this is set to "off", you won't see your Level Number at your base; don't know if it still show up at the rival's perspective though..

Sugarymama
03-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Oh yeah - if you wanna see my camoflouged base, my ID is: 723 893 150

Hey McDoc. I just requested you as an ally so I can see your base. I really need help with mine. Can you accept me for a couple of days? My name is TDizzle on MW. Thanks..

CounterSniper
03-11-2012, 08:31 AM
The toggle for numbers only hides the numbers from you. it also hides the enemies numbers from you which blows.

The trees can be seen on some devices and not on other devices, so Mcdoc, you're not wasting your time, its a good strategy. I employ it well on CC but havent really bothered yet on MW cuz its not my priority game due to the casualty dynamics being out of whack.

Sugarymama
03-11-2012, 09:16 AM
I can't even see myself on Crime City yet. (although I have the app). My head is spinning just from trying to learn all the nuances of MW.

And if the developers don't fix that casualty "glitch" soon, I'm going to grow weary of this game. I'm enjoying it ok, but it can be annoying. I'm starting to think that they aren't going to change anything in that area. The more you lose=the more you will play to regain those losses. Eventually that translates to $ for Funzio.

CounterSniper
03-11-2012, 09:30 AM
I can't even see myself on Crime City yet. (although I have the app). My head is spinning just from trying to learn all the nuances of MW.

And if the developers don't fix that casualty "glitch" soon, I'm going to grow weary of this game. I'm enjoying it ok, but it can be annoying. I'm starting to think that they aren't going to change anything in that area. The more you lose=the more you will play to regain those losses. Eventually that translates to $ for Funzio.

Thats why I play CC more than MW now. You dont lose anything during fights except possibly unbanked cash.

The random loot drops do not come from your inventory like in MW.

zynshmily
03-12-2012, 12:15 AM
I didnt finish reading your post. excuse me if i say something premature.
by the topic of the thread, i guess a CC player?
regarding the decorations blocking the display of building levels, it works in CC.(i wont recommend it, tho) however,in MW, the decorations are only visible to you and no one else. its a long time unfixed bug.

PS: i dont wanna talk too much about CC in MW section. PM me if you'd like to discuss. FYI, i didnt start playing CC 'til recently. so its possible im far behind you.(im currently lv102, 16k atk/18k def.)

Mcdoc
03-12-2012, 01:15 AM
I started the thread weeks before I ever started playing CC. I still deploy certain techniques to hide buildings in the shadows of others as a deterrent to raids &'88th,conceal some defensive units - but have since given up on hiding numbers with trees since I have learned that no one else can see them. However, another use for tree has shown to be an easy way to stash some cash outside your vault - but with a 50% loss on the trade in.