PDA

View Full Version : Can't build advanced air base until level 40 - WTF

Corporal Denney
02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
I couldn't build an air base or dry dock because every time I got more than the bank would hold I got raided and the bank takes days to upgrade. So now I have cash and it says it is locked until level 40, dry docks until level 50. How am I supposed to compete with people in the 20, 30 or 40s who have Harriers and ballistic subs. Funzio just took the fun out of it. Might as well kill the game on the iPhone, that warrior just had his hands tied behind his back.

JohnnyR
02-05-2012, 08:45 AM
They did this to prevent camping....

IMO, maybe they should have done this only to the money buildings if they wanted to stop campers. Camping is usually done to create huge income. Maybe try leveling up? That's their goal here...

Corporal Denney
02-05-2012, 08:52 AM
But my rivals have this crap already and they are going to kill those who don't. They couldn't see what an imbalance this would cause. Unless they kill harriers, ballistic subs and anything else you can buy until level 40 there are thousands of us who just got screwed.

EnjoyLife
02-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Level up to 40 then.

Maverick50727
02-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Use strategy my friend. Knowledge=power. Read the forums and learn. Sounds like you are still rather low, try to learn how the game works and develop a strategy that fits your playing style (# hours a day, attacks, etc). And advanced airbase at your level may not be beneficial to you any way due to high costs of units depending if you are gold player or have a high economy. Hard to say without your stats. If you give us those we can maybe have a better idea of your real problems, I don't think not having access to the adv airbase is a problem. If you take the easy road and quit you will join many others, trust me I reviewed my ally list recent and found 15-20% departures from the game.

I have never played CC. When I started I made many many bad decisions because I didn't know hove the game worked. I really didn't get a good grasp until level 40 at which IMO the whole game play seems to change (3-4X harder in my opinion). I'm still trying to correct early bad decisions instead of starting over as that is more challenging to me. I'm at level 61 and I've been able to hold my own recently against level 86 attacks with greater stats. No I don't win, but I make their losses outweigh their gains so they move on to weaker fish.

Look at this advice I provided to another player. It may not pertain to you though, but should give some knowledge.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?18888-wrong-start

TIPS
1.) build a stronger economy to replace losses if possible
2.) Attack very wisely as the bug spoken about for the last 3 weeks will result in high losses vs gains
3.) You must upgrade your vault as #1 priority
4.) If your vault is still upgrading and you need to make a purchase larger than what you can cover, do this: do a number of large payoff missions that require multiple attacks, but stop before the last one and then go on to another. So if it take 4 attacks to complete, stop at 3. Accumulate a number of pending missions like this at once, then let your energy max out to cover the last range of final attack on all missions. In one fell swoop you can possible generate a really large sum in a matter of minutes, and then spend it on your upgrade ASAP before someone sees it. Yes someone may still hit you, but your chances if you accumulate very quickly and spend ASAP are far less. Once of my early mistakes was not to upgrade the vault constantly and time is not on your side as each upgrade to you vault takes longer. This worked for me until my vault caught up to my coverage needs.

Corporal Denney
02-05-2012, 09:51 AM
No one is seeing the problem here. I have rivals who have advanced airbases and dry dock and they are at level 15 or less. They have munition stockpiles at level 7 or 8, they are making big cash compred to me and raiding/attacking constantly. I can't compete and they keep attacking over and over. So there are bullies on the playground and I can't fight back because I can't buy enough weaponry to compete because they are making more than me and have access to advanced players I can't get. By keeping me from getting those players funzio has done the same thing as releasing a bunch of gold players into the ranks, because we can't get those kinds of units. My best option is to quit and maybe come back in a few months when they are gone and all things are equal again.

EnjoyLife
02-05-2012, 10:02 AM
If you are constantly getting attacked by Ballistic Missile Subs, they will outlevel you quickly. They won't be a problem for long.

JackRakan93
02-05-2012, 10:32 AM
No one is seeing the problem here. I have rivals who have advanced airbases and dry dock and they are at level 15 or less. They have munition stockpiles at level 7 or 8, they are making big cash compred to me and raiding/attacking constantly. I can't compete and they keep attacking over and over. So there are bullies on the playground and I can't fight back because I can't buy enough weaponry to compete because they are making more than me and have access to advanced players I can't get. By keeping me from getting those players funzio has done the same thing as releasing a bunch of gold players into the ranks, because we can't get those kinds of units. My best option is to quit and maybe come back in a few months when they are gone and all things are equal again.

It's not that bad of a development when you actually sit down and think about it. Most of the units available early from the advanced airbase and the dry docks are vastly overpriced and have relatively bad casualty rates (Harrier Jet, Stealth Boat, and Ballistic Sub). Although the Super Hornet is a great asset, the valor necessary to purchase them cannot sustain the casualties that occur in attacking to gain such valor.

The level minimums are to not just keep out campers but also to restrain lower level players from purchasing delicate units that they undoubtedly want to use to attack (and then subsequently lose and then rage about). My opinion is that the units available from the initial unit buildings are competitive enough to compete with say Harrier Jets and Ballistic Subs. They are lower in casualty rate and relatively cheap in cost and are thus better suited for lower level players wanting to become stronger.

I know you want to get out there and have access to good attack units but defense is always the best offense. Your opponents will find that out when they try to bully you and you have say 10 medical ambulances, 10 sea scouts, and 10 global hawk drones (all of which are low or very low casualty, would garner you 500 defense points as well as "strong against" factors against your opponents' advanced air and sea units, and all for only $1.7 million). I would prefer this option rather than two delicate stealth boats and one harrier jet (which would give you 62 attack and 52 defense for $1.86 million).

By these statistics, even if your opponents are ahead of you in terms of income and unit buildings, they would not be able to sustain their attacks (and subsequent casualties) on your many low casualty, high defense units. You may probably win some of those fights too because fighting on your own turf generally gives you the advantage in MW. This will give you time to increase your income and when you're ready, to level up.

You don't need to "fight back" or buy "weaponry to compete." Just have a good defense.

And just to mention some of the best units available in the first unit buildings, the B-52 bomber and Stealth Surveillance Drone have great good attack and defense stats, respectively, for their price and better casualty rates then some of their more expensive secondary unit building counterparts. The amphibious hovercraft is probably the best investment in the game for its price, stats, and casualty rate.

Corporal Denney
02-05-2012, 10:36 AM
If you are constantly getting attacked by Ballistic Missile Subs, they will outlevel you quickly. They won't be a problem for long.
That is the point I have been trying to make. They are not advancing, just camping and building up. They aren't doing the missions - I am. But you can go back to anyone on your board no matter what level you are. If you were ever raided by someone you can see them. When I started I was below them, but since then I have moved up many levels over them. But when I tried to save cash to get airbase and dry dock I got hit. I am always upgrading my bank, but I still can't bank enough for a dry dock. So it will take weeks to get to 40 or 50 and meantime they are buying units and will have so much more than me when I can get an air base that I will never be able to compete with them. I am going to give it a couple of days, but if nothing changes I am deleting the app from the phone.

JackRakan93
02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
That is the point I have been trying to make. They are not advancing, just camping and building up. They aren't doing the missions - I am. But you can go back to anyone on your board no matter what level you are. If you were ever raided by someone you can see them. When I started I was below them, but since then I have moved up many levels over them. But when I tried to save cash to get airbase and dry dock I got hit. I am always upgrading my bank, but I still can't bank enough for a dry dock. So it will take weeks to get to 40 or 50 and meantime they are buying units and will have so much more than me when I can get an air base that I will never be able to compete with them. I am going to give it a couple of days, but if nothing changes I am deleting the app from the phone.

If you want to do missions, you can complain about not being competitive. It is hard to do missions while being competitive in PvP. And if they attack you via the revenge button on their news feed, I say just surprise them with those low casualty high defense units. They will face casualties or even losses, I guarantee it. Once again, you CAN be competitive without those advanced units. Maybe even more competitive because I doubt your opponents will have the patience or motivation to upgrade say their shipyard or air field to level 10 (which denies them access to great, relatively cheap, good casualty units).

Deskjockey
02-05-2012, 10:46 AM
How many allies do you have? If you only have a few, bulk up by a lot. If you have a lot, drop all of your allies. Every last one of them. At the lower levels, the game segments the playing field in such a way that players with a lot of allies and those with just a few are put in different buckets and can't see each other in the rivals list. That would be one way of getting out from under their thumb quickly. Another would be to level up very quickly by doing as many PvE missions as you can as quickly as you can. Go up to level 20 or 22 and you should lose the guys, at least for now.

This advice assumes that you have not been foolish enough to attack these guys back and therefore gotten other news feed. If you have gotten on their news feed, none of these strategies will get them off your back, as they can pay you a booty call at their leisure (I have several low-level players who are on my news feed because they attacked me--and lost--a month or so ago when I was at their level who I now use as my personal punching bags when I feel like shaking someone down for sh!ts and giggles).

If you are on their news feed, buy sea scouts and build the naval research center ASAP, even as you build up your vault. That will take care of the subs, which are the pricier of the two units you are dealing with and the harder to kill. For the harriers, try buying the global hawk and building the airship hangar. If you want to give us your stats, we can help out some more. If you have your opponents' stats, that would be even more useful.

Dover
02-05-2012, 10:46 AM
They are grandfathered in, it happens everyday. The game has changed, you should learn how to change with. Build up your vault, it's taking all of us forever you are not the only one. I am at L49 and have not been raided or attacked for weeks. It you want the big toys level up while building a vault and leveling your money building. You will lose noing by doing so. To quit the game beause you can't buy something until 40/50 is silly. Don't worry about everybody else, focus on your stuff and you will be fine. Anyone in here can help you with a new plan to get to and stay at 40 or 50. I understand your point. It is what it is, it won't be changed. Adapt to it and move on.

Deskjockey
02-05-2012, 10:54 AM

Well, there's the problem. You hit them once and now you're their personal punching bag/chew toy. As jack said, buy the ambulances, global hawks, and sea scouts. Also, build the naval research center, airship hangar, and electronics factory. When you do level up, put all your points on defense. That will most likely stop the attacks, and quite possibly even get you wins. Once again, if you give us your stats and theirs, it would be easier for us to tell you exactly what you can do to help yourself.

Corporal Denney
02-05-2012, 11:25 AM
And while I am spending my money on those high defense units, I can't spend money on upgrades. Catch-22, damned if I do and damned if I don't. Meanwhile, their hourly income is more so they can buy more so they continue to upgrade to get more money, continue to buy better units, it's futile at this point. I cant upgrade anything worthwhile because i am still waiting for my bank to upgrade to 350k and buildings and upgrades are much more than that. If it was a level playing field I could compete, but there is no way to advance unless I wait a few weeks or find out when they are slleping and only play then. Let's face it, the game isn't so great that I want to lose sleep over it.

Deskjockey
02-05-2012, 11:40 AM
And while I am spending my money on those high defense units, I can't spend money on upgrades. Catch-22, damned if I do and damned if I don't. Meanwhile, their hourly income is more so they can buy more so they continue to upgrade to get more money, continue to buy better units, it's futile at this point. I cant upgrade anything worthwhile because i am still waiting for my bank to upgrade to 350k and buildings and upgrades are much more than that. If it was a level playing field I could compete, but there is no way to advance unless I wait a few weeks or find out when they are slleping and only play then. Let's face it, the game isn't so great that I want to lose sleep over it.

Your choice, dude. We've given you pointers that have worked for others. We've asked for more info to help you out further. You don't seem to want to listen, but that's your call. We're telling you that you CAN bleed them dry, no matter how much money they are making (unless they are gold whales, which it doesn't sound like they are), but if you are too impatient or skeptical to try what we are recommending, nobody is holding a gun to your head. You are free to delete the app and move on to something else.

If you want to give it a try, buy the units first. That gets your defense stats up. Keep buying them as soon as you get enough money for each unit. Once you boost your alliance defense stats significantly buy the electronics factory, which is $250,000 and within your current vault limit. By then your vault should be at 350K and you can consider the other boost buildings.

And give us the stats--that will really help us help you.

Wildfire
02-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Well, there's the problem. You hit them once and now you're their personal punching bag/chew toy. As jack said, buy the ambulances, global hawks, and sea scouts. Also, build the naval research center, airship hangar, and electronics factory. When you do level up, put all your points on defense. That will most likely stop the attacks, and quite possibly even get you wins. Once again, if you give us your stats and theirs, it would be easier for us to tell you exactly what you can do to help yourself.

If you hit them once in the past and you think they are hitting the revenge or attack from their wall to get back at you spamming their wall again and again is supposed to help, hit it often enough and all they'll see are your spam comments and no attack or revenge option for you or anyone else, just a reply to you option. Obviously if they do find you in their rivals list again after this they'll probably be mad so you will get the odd rage attack!

Deskjockey
02-05-2012, 12:06 PM
If you hit them once in the past and you think they are hitting the revenge or attack from their wall to get back at you spamming their wall again and again is supposed to help, hit it often enough and all they'll see are your spam comments and no attack or revenge option for you or anyone else, just a reply to you option. Obviously if they do find you in their rivals list again after this they'll probably be mad so you will get the odd rage attack!

Ohh, that's a great idea--just post a couple of dozen comments or so on their news feeds. That will most likely drop everything else of the feed. If you make them polite, fawning comments about how awesome their base looks and how cool their units are, even better...

EDIT: I just counted, and it takes 31 posts to bump everything off of a news feed. That's how many are in my feed, and I know it's the max because I've had some of my punching bags fall off the feed in the last few days when a couple of folks posted alliance requests.

Corporal Denney
02-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Hadn't seen those bonus buildings before, I'll give them a shot. I still think the change sucks unless they take that away from everyone. Problem now is I need 360 k for land and 48 hours. I'm really close to losing this addiction to the game.

Corporal Denney
02-05-2012, 12:59 PM

I have found raiding unit buildings usually doesn't piss anyone off, only when you hit them for a lot of cash. So I hit the shipyard to earn valor points first, that gives the most. I attack for accomplishing missions where they want you to hit. 10 players with x number of allies, etc.

Corporal Denney
02-05-2012, 01:05 PM
I just hit level 17, earning about 65 k an hour. I have 85 allies, I have 1200 attack and 1400 defense. I'm just ticked off because I had to fight and play hard to get to where they couldn't hit me anytime they wanted and soon they can pull more firepower than I can have access to.

Corporal Denney
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
I just hit level 17, earning about 65 k an hour. I have 85 allies, I have 1200 attack and 1400 defense. I'm just ticked off because I had to fight and play hard to get to where they couldn't hit me anytime they wanted and soon they can pull more firepower than I can have access to. Sorry for the taking so long, having to work on the cars today also.

Deskjockey
02-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I just hit level 17, earning about 65 k an hour. I have 85 allies, I have 1200 attack and 1400 defense. I'm just ticked off because I had to fight and play hard to get to where they couldn't hit me anytime they wanted and soon they can pull more firepower than I can have access to.

Ok, I can see what part of the problem is. Assuming you have the maximum number of units you are allowed to take into battle (340), your average unit has only 3 attack and 4 defense points. That is standard for your level, but, given the firepower of your tormentors, you need units that are stronger. Have you unlocked the Docks level? If you have, go to the amphibious squad leader and do that mission over and over as often as you can. It gives a good payoff and it also coughs up an amphibious trooper with 6 attack 8 defense. Use the money you farm from that mission and from your economy to buy the units we've recommended, and that should help you out considerably. Stop attacking for now, lest you lose one of new units you are buying for defense. Wait until you have shaken these monkeys off your back. And definitely try the newsfeed trick. 31 postings on their newsfeed. Do them all in one sitting for each one of the problem guys. Maybe even do 32 or 33 to be on the safe side. Let us know if it works.

duder
02-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Ok, this is going to be a little bit of a rant, and I apologize, but I do strongly disagree with your assessment of the situation. The advantage these buildings provides is nominal at best, and if you're progressing at all, should currently be and should continue to be a non-issue for you.

How many ballistic missile subs has anyone seen a level 17 running around with? 10? At most?

Even with perfect collections, it's unlikely there's anyone in the sub-level 20 range with an economy that so jazzed up that it can generate the kind of income necessary to:

1) Build high end inventory
2) Replace high end inventory

If you get attacked by someone who is rocking an economy that is so huge that risking a 2m piece of equipment is worth attacking you, then please, post the unfair-ness of it all. Personally, I've been playing 95% focused on building an economy sized to viably support air-craft carriers since the game was released in the US. With the buildings available and upgrade times associated, (and I can't emphasize this enough) it is extraordinarily unlikely that you will find a player following this strategy who has achieved this point. On top of that, to actually get singled out by such a player? I may be way off base, so my apologies if you're getting repeatedly robbed/raided by this juggernaut of a player.

Another thing to consider, unless locks are put on upgrading unit buildings, what's to keep a (very) patient player from upgrading to a lvl 10 airfield and/or shipyard and coming after you with B-52s and Battleships? These are most likely much better values for their price tags since they probably have lower casualty rates than the units you're worried about.

What you really should be doing is finding one of the threads extolling the brutality of gold players with 20+ MI-6 in their inventory and hopping on there. It is still far too expensive in terms of cash and time to buy the type of equipment you're talking about in the current timeline of the game without spending a large amount of rl cash. I'm actually a little surprised that these limits were added in to try to rebalance an aspect of the game that is already pretty balanced. If anything, the game designers have just closed a hole that many players would probably trip into if it were there. From what I've seen of casualty rates, going for those units at your level is a great way to blow through millions, stunt your economy, and not get much in the way of returns.

Anyway, I'm going to end my little rant there. Again, if you're getting run all over by players buying copious units from the tier two unit buildings, you have my sincerest apologies and empathy. Otherwise, why disparage a change which at this point should have little (if any) impact on all?

Corporal Denney
02-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks, I've read about that one about the docks. It's a level 20 task, but if it's still working I'll take your advice.

As far as levels and units. You can sit on level 10 with a couple of munitions stockpiles at level 10 generating a several hundred thousand every day and build your advanced air field and dry docks up, then sit there and build up a very powerful force. I have seen at least two people do this. When I raid others I read their comments when their numbers are high to get pointers.

Maverick50727
02-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Sorry, been busy today too. Not sure if you have had time to go back and read the thread fully, but I gave you the answer to your vault issue in my tips under post #5. Do this and you shouldn't have any problem in theory. I haven't seen anyone else ever post this, so one of my secrets is out of the bag. LOL. I used this up till my vault was 2.5 Million and it worked well for me. If you have got money sitting out there unprotected for hours, expect someone to find it. If it is only there for 2-3 minutes while your do the below, chances are slim but possible it will get hit. Before I did this I got hit several times 5 minutes before having the money for a large purchase/upgrade that I had been saving for all day, it can make you mad. I just took it in stride though and saluted those on their walls for catching me unprotected. It is just a game.

"4.) If your vault is still upgrading and you need to make a purchase larger than what you can cover, do this: do a number of large payoff missions that require multiple attacks, but stop before the last one and then go on to another. So if it take 4 attacks to complete, stop at 3. Accumulate a number of pending missions like this at once, then let your energy max out to cover the last range of final attack on all missions. In one fell swoop you can possible generate a really large sum in a matter of minutes, and then spend it on your upgrade ASAP before someone sees it. Yes someone may still hit you, but your chances if you accumulate very quickly and spend ASAP are far less. Once of my early mistakes was not to upgrade the vault constantly and time is not on your side as each upgrade to you vault takes longer. This worked for me until my vault caught up to my coverage needs. "