PDA

View Full Version : Crime City Analysis - 100,000 feet

Silvio
02-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I have been doing some thinking about CC's strategy, and think that the optimal strategy can be determined using a graph in the order of a piper plot (a hydrogelogical analysis tool). Here goes - and tell me I'm smoking something if I am way off base, because I need to flesh this out.

There are three main lines of play in CC. Completing missions, building an economy, and PvP ( either robbing or attacking). All other aspects of play support one of these primary lines. Plotting the three main lines in a triangular the graph allows for an analysis of the optimals strategy.

The way this type of plotting works is that each apex of the graph is the pure play of one of the lines. For example, a mission player who was 100% completing missions would put all level points into mission energy, an 100% economy player would put all his level points into defense to protect his economy, and a 100% PvP would put all available points into attack. These three different players are all represented on the corresponding apex of the graph.

As a play pattern deviates from the Pure situation, the players' plot moves directly away from the apex, and swings towards the other two types (apexes) as the play pattern dictates. So the optimal play pattern can be plotted in the dead centre of the graph - this doesn't mean you would win all fights, just optimizes your play for all three lines equally.

The only problem I have is that I can't determine what variable to plot, as the effort put into determining the play style is more than just allocating level points.

I'm whipping up a trial graph, but I'd appreciate some thoughts about the project.

Euchred
02-04-2012, 08:39 PM
I maybe way off here but what about fights/robberies won, income per hour and areas mastered.
Or instead of areas mastered because lots of people farm it could be jobs completed.

Silvio
02-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Those would be ok, but all these are incremental stats, so they consistently rise over time. My challenge is that I'm trying to find the stat that can be applied to all three. For a proper triangular graph, the plotting tends to all be in percentages (x% of the whole), so the apex at each point is the 100% situation.

I was thinking available level points, and using atk, def, and energy.

elobCoornenly
02-04-2012, 08:57 PM
http://www.hermeskelly4u.com/ Hermes Birkin Replica

Euchred
02-04-2012, 09:08 PM
It's hard to say defense points corelate with economy many playes don't take defense points because if you leave out a good building it will get robbed the points you put in defense won't save you.

unwilkimmurne
02-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Die Ubersetzer bei The Native Translator sind hochqualifizierte Profis, die ausschlie?lich in ihre Muttersprache und in ihrem Fachgebiet ubersetzen.
Ubersetzer (http://www.native-translator.de)

Silvio
02-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Exactly. Hence the challenging analysis in front of me. If you equate income per hr to jobs and fights won, then you could do a similar analysis. Say 10,000$/ hr = 1000 fights? Getting it wrong will bias the results.

Functionally, the reason I want to do this is because I'm not convinced my play style is optimal.

reidos
02-04-2012, 09:32 PM
144 358 316

ADD ME!

Silvio
02-12-2012, 08:00 PM
ok, finished.

Missions is in the top - PVP on the bottom left corner, and Economy in the bottom right.

Stats were determined by #missions completed, PVP by fights won, and Economy by $/hr/10. All became a portion of the whole in percentages. As you can see, this shows I am more economy and mission focussed (as I would expect because of my farming activities).

Question is - where is the most optimal place to be as you move up through the levels?

Silvio
02-12-2012, 08:14 PM
And disregard the silly yellow lines on the plot. My old pc hasn't quite made it to the circular file.

Coco c
02-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Do you mean most optimal for you personally? I think the optimal place would be what you get the most enjoyment from. This is a game after all. Some people are focused on economy, while others (not to mention names *cough* Babytway) get a thrill from finding good buildings to rob. I admire your intelligence and thought process but I'm not sure you can really find one optimal path that would fulfill everyone.

Silvio
02-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Oh, of course not. If you enjoyed the PVP aspect of the game and sank lots of gold into it, you would plot near the PVP corner, and that's just fine. I guess I hadn't thought through that the way I play isn't maybe how others would.

My question i guess is what would be the most optimal way to play to give yourself the best chance in all three areas of the game? Because farming reflects and biasis the plot towards missions, it won't be in the centre.

emcee
02-12-2012, 08:52 PM
My question i guess is what would be the most optimal way to play to give yourself the best chance in all three areas of the game? Because farming reflects and biasis the plot towards missions, it won't be in the centre.

Since there is no time limit to finish the game the optimal way to play is to camp and build your economy. Everything else will fall into place once you decide to level up.

G Wiz
02-12-2012, 09:01 PM
I say economy preferably. It comes to a point where it doesn't matter if your robbed or not, you will still pull in big numbers.
I don't even time my buildings anymore, but I am still able to bring in a lot

Coco c
02-12-2012, 09:12 PM
I agree with G Wiz. Economy is priority because it allows you to excel in the other areas. Good equipment can be bought for your mob to do well in PVP and also lets you afford some of the crazy things you need to complete missions.

Silvio
02-12-2012, 09:32 PM
so campers will plot towards the economy apex. This is a way to graphically present and view play style. We can all argue about the best way to play . . .

:-)

Tramp Stamp
02-12-2012, 10:50 PM
My ranking on the economy list has sagged the past few weeks, but that is largely due to using economy what it is meant for: buying things. I have spent millions the past few weeks on unlocks (Nadya in particular), equipment, expansions, and Gatling Guns, and the end result is that it keeps rolling in. Meanwhile rivals are newly building things available 30 levels ago like Shoe Stores and Meat Factories. Most of the >$10k economies are 90% Laundromats, so I imagine most of these guys are pulling in less than $500k per week, which I simply cannot fathom.

I don't consider myself a camper. I gain on average 0.75 levels per day, which, as far as I can figure, is average. As much as possible I try to blow out both energy and stamina.

EDIT: The vast majority of my skill point allocation is in energy and stamina.

CounterSniper
02-13-2012, 12:02 AM
144 358 316

ADD ME!

Wrong thread. Go to the ADD ME thread.