PDA

View Full Version : Cloaking devices and other ramblings.

Speed ump
02-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Guys you can't post derogatory unsubstantiated info about other players. Names not relevant. If you're going to believe in cloaking devices, ability to steal from your vault, etc, then maybe you sill believe in the tooth fairy. It's a lot of misinformation designed to make people believe something that not. I even had one guy thought someone had taken money from is vault, just after he bought it and just put itin the vault. I had to explain the because of the lag in the game, it was actually gone before he put it in the vault. Some guys would like to have others believe any glitch in the system is something they control. One that offered to wipe out anyone's base for real money, I told I'd have him wipe out my own base, just to call the bluff. I'm still waiting for this to happen. You can't ask funzio take action about someone spouting misinformation. You know England and its allies did a superb job of this in wwwii, and is also part of war, it's up to you to decider what is real and what is not. I'm sure that if someone had changed the programming and messing with things on that level, they would have been shut down from taking those actions. The fact that that has not happened should be sufficient evidence this is not the case. Psychological warfare is a valid form of modern war, get it? Not a reason to ban someone from the game, whatever our personal likes or dislikes. I can't tell you how many times I've been called a hacker or a funzio employee, if you chose to believe this, then that is your choice, and maybe somehow the mystique works to my advantage. I've had guys tell me that they're going to report me to funzio also. That's fine, if you feel I am doing something that I should not be, and if I am I would precise funzio letting me know so that I can stop doing the offending behavior. Remember it's a game, we should not be trying to ban guys because we don't care for their tactics, in fact it's best to remember thats exactly what they are doing, tactics. The tactic dosnt work if it's obvious to them no one is buying it, but it appears from what I hear, it's working pretty well. Enough of my ramblings for now and remember this thread is about misinformation in general, please don't discuss names, just the ideas here

Hugh Bris
02-04-2012, 08:05 PM
I think this is a very valid point. I fell hook, line, and sinker for the whole cloaking device garbage and was finally enlightened by someone that it was just bs. Someone spent all of their time in raids and spent a TON of money on the game and just raids and attacks. Two must have alarm clocks with my stuff and it drives me crazy but what am I going to do? Nothing.

It DOES suck however that these people that are 30 to 50 levels above me can see me to even do this sort of thing. I'm not having any fun anymore and am not able to plan anything long term. I really just want to see players fight and raid with similar levels that only vary by a few level numbers. I am TIRED of the same two people raiding be every single time and dont' give me that crap about how there aren't many players at that level so they have to be given others to fight and raid. SO WHAT???? BOO HOO. There WILL be people up there eventually so why do I have to suffer for a lack of players at a much higher level?

Sorry. It's just so frustrating that this situation is like clockwork. That's not tactical or anything but it is a fundamental flaw with the gaming system. Two people have been hitting me constantly since I was in the 50s - one was in the 80s range and the other around 120. Now I'm in the 70s and you can only guess what the other levels are. There should be SOME sort of level playing field. I have spent a ton of money myself but am still considering just taking a break for a long time to wait on some improvements.

Hugh Bris
02-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Oh - back on point - totally forgot to mention that I called out "Person 1" as a cheat and I was dead wrong. I did not however call anyone out by name which I think should never be done no matter how bad the situation. There are those of us with large disposable incomes, hell I thought I was probably the highest one, and those that are at $2500 and well beyond.

I just had to come back and post so that I could state once again for the record that I completely over-reacted and said we had a cheat in our midst when I was 101% wrong. It was one of the cloaking people (don't say names here please) and I felt like a big jerk to think that there was NO other option that could be legit...which there totally was, LOL.

Definitely report someone if you think they are blatantly cheating or hacking but do it once and once only. You've done your due diligence and should consider the matter settled. When people post over and over and demand answers it's time wasted that could be solving the problem and/or at least looking into it.

See you guys out there!

Boomer
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
"Definitely report someone if you think they are blatantly cheating..." - agreed. Please let us know and we'll take care of it on our end. Best to contact us in-game, or by email at modernwar-ios-support@funzio.com. Thanks!