PDA

View Full Version : Useless Comments

Krigeren
02-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I am sure we all get useless comments on our comments page.

I can divide them up into 3 categories.

1. Don't attack me anymore - add me.

Why would I not continue to attack a vulnerable opponent when there is money on the table? The fact you posted on my wall means I will more likely remember you and attack you...but not without seeing your stats first.

2. This is war!

One of us will probably fall out of each others level range in a few days so even if it were war it would be short lived.

3. Add me.

Why would I add anyone? Level 50 with over a 500 member mafia. Won't need more members until level 100. Your digits are a waste on my comments page.

As a tip if you have an abundance of members, every few levels, remove those in your level range to open the field on who you can attack.

Want more members, spend 15 gold, and 50 new ones will be under your belt in an hour on average.

Does anyone get any interesting messages on their comments page or is it all trash talk and a waste of space like I get on mine?

Bruiser
02-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Want more members, spend 15 gold, and 50 new ones will be under your belt in an hour on average.

With the introduction of Tapjoy free gold there is no need for posting add me on every ones walls. As you mentioned spend the 15 gold and be a VIP for an hour and save us the useless reading and deleting of our walls.

Tramp Stamp
02-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I prune the "add me's" but I get far less of them then most I think. Otherwise there's a long history of chatter from forum members and miscellaneous in-game allies. Most other forum member walls I visit are the same.

cerneindTit
02-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Ubersetzungen Englisch Deutsch oder Deutsch Englisch gehoren zu den beliebtesten Sprachenpaaren bei The Native Translator, obwohl wir in allen Sprachenkombinationen ubersetzen.
Englisch Deutsch (http://www.native-translator.de/Englisch_Uebersetzung.html)

deuces
02-04-2012, 03:04 PM
I get so annoyed when people post add me these days. It pushes people off my news that i really wanted there. I started putting up a note not to post your code because my mafia is full, and it seems like that helps a bit.

Joeycool
02-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Why would I add anyone? Level 50 with over a 500 member mafia. Won't need more members until level 100. Your digits are a waste on my comments page.

You wont need any more at all... 500 is the most you can take into a fight.

Krigeren
02-04-2012, 03:51 PM
You wont need any more at all... 500 is the most you can take into a fight.

Thanks for the heads up Joey.

K@le
02-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Sometimes it is smart to delete a lvl 9 and add a strong or stronger player then you on your own lvl, i am now lvl 124 and still add people even if they have atk me and lost and.
If they have great stats i kick a low lvl out my mob to add this person.
Also now in the higher lvls you see more people from the forum who you want in your mob too, so you can visit some other hoods from the peeps you see here all the time, and read all the drama/ war/ lies on there walls :D

blondealex
02-04-2012, 04:33 PM
2. This is war!

One of us will probably fall out of each others level range in a few days so even if it were war it would be short lived.

This will change for you soon. Ranges start to get bigger the higher you get.

k0de
02-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Does anyone get any interesting messages on their comments page or is it all trash talk and a waste of space like I get on mine?

Just went back through my comments to see if I could find anything of note and saw this one from about a month ago-

το κωλαρακι σου θέλει άνοιγμα θα στο κάνω πουτανακι!!!!

Owing to the fact it was written in Woganese, I'd simply ignored it when it first appeared. Just now I figured to use Google Translate to find out what it meant. Turns out it translates to-

the ass you want to open will do poutanaki!!

Now my guess is that "poutanaki" probably means "*****" and "the ass you want to open" refers to **** or sodomy in a figurative sense. What I can't work out is which direction is suggested. Is he upset that I ****d his hood? Or is he letting me know what he's just done to mine?

Unfortunately, I never get any rage posts or death threats or stuff like that (in English anyway). It would make the game so much more enjoyable knowing I'd upset someone I've never met through what was essentially a random action, and with barely any effort on my part.

Can't understand why I still get add requests though- that sort of thing should be pretty well over by Lvl100. I can only put it down to there being an abundance of morons. "Add me- daily player with 4000+ mafia." Ooh really? You play every day? It's dedication like that I'm looking for in my crew! And your 4000 mafia will ensure nobody ever messes with us. And best of all, if you get hit by a bus and die tomorrow, you still count as part of my mob!

Anubis
02-05-2012, 02:27 AM
I instantly delete add me msg's. I still add ppl who I talk to ingame, no harm in adding ppl after a brief dialogue, just mad how ppl are still posting random 'add me's' in the level 130's.

deuces
02-05-2012, 02:43 AM
I instantly delete add me msg's. I still add ppl who I talk to ingame, no harm in adding ppl after a brief dialogue, just mad how ppl are still posting random 'add me's' in the level 130's.

I'd assume they think they're gonna trick you into adding them to your mob so you cant attack them any more lol. It worked in the first 20 levels why wouldnt it still work 110 levels later???

whocareswhatmynameis
02-05-2012, 06:11 AM
1. Don't attack me anymore - add me.

Why would I not continue to attack a vulnerable opponent when there is money on the table? The fact you posted on my wall means I will more likely remember you and attack you...but not without seeing your stats first.

you would be surprised by how effective this is. i have used it on several occasions on higher up players with far greater firepower. a simple acknowledgement of their strength and a request for becoming their friend did the job every time. i have returned the favor on less stronger players. i think most people just want some recognition. being a mobster is not all about guns, diplomacy comes in handy too especially when your rival has the upper hand.

Tramp Stamp
02-05-2012, 11:54 AM
I hear what you're saying, but you gotta do better than

SomeMoron posted on your wall. 3 hours ago
555 555 555 add me.

YOU WON! 3 hours ago
You were attacked by SomeMoron

deuces
02-05-2012, 01:31 PM
My current one was some moron attacked me 3 hours ago, some moron spammed my wall 50 times, some moron posted their code on my wall.

BBz
02-05-2012, 01:35 PM
My way of dealing with this.................

I treat it like an inbox i just read and delete..................... No one really bothers to post codes on my wall

Vile Lynn
02-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Sometimes it is smart to delete a lvl 9 and add a strong or stronger player then you on your own lvl, i am now lvl 124 and still add people even if they have atk me and lost and.
If they have great stats i kick a low lvl out my mob to add this person.
Also now in the higher lvls you see more people from the forum who you want in your mob too, so you can visit some other hoods from the peeps you see here all the time, and read all the drama/ war/ lies on there walls :D

The level of a mafia friend makes no difference, a lvl1 carries the same as a lvl200.

CounterSniper
02-06-2012, 09:07 AM
I put up a banner telling everyone to NOT POST NUMBERS ON MY WALL OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND DESTROY YOU. If you want my protection then request it. I of course also post my number so they can do so.

This way I dont feel the OCD need to go in and clean up my wall of add me posts and also it enables me to see their level instead of adding low level players who got my number off of the iTunes App Forum where I posted and harvested my first hundred numbers way back when.

Dillinja
02-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I put up a banner telling everyone to NOT POST NUMBERS ON MY WALL OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND DESTROY YOU. If you want my protection then request it. I of course also post my number so they can do so.

You cant offer protection if the person is out if your level range. This might work on lower level player who would fall for that, on higher levels it's an invitation for a beating

CounterSniper
02-06-2012, 04:29 PM
You cant offer protection if the person is out if your level range. This might work on lower level player who would fall for that, on higher levels it's an invitation for a beating

I know, but it seems to work.

For the most part high level players arent gonna be interested in posting on my wall to "add them". The majority of people wanting to "befriend" me are scared or have been stomped by me already. The threat is very effective.