PDA

View Full Version : wrong start

cliffsox1
02-03-2012, 07:10 AM
I started this game wrong. It doesn't tell you in the game, when you first start that you have to get attack and defense alliances or you won't win battles.I found out around level 50. After that I've been playing catch up.Now I'm on level 70 and still having trouble raising these alliances.I keep getting attacked before I can raise up.I know I started wrong but WTF

Nicz
02-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Stop upping, up your stats, upgrade ur vault/lvl buildings, expand base and turtle...
I'm 56 with 11k/13k with that and i have no problems...

JMC
02-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I thought it'd be pretty much common sense that "Alliance Attack Score" and "Alliance Defence Score" represented how much attacking and defending power you have.

ShawnBB
02-03-2012, 10:01 AM
LMAO, dude we can understand this if your are somewhere low lvl
But I have to say WTF, you find out until lvl50 and lvl 70 now! Come on
What are you trying to say on your posting? Humiliate yourself?

Deskjockey
02-03-2012, 10:17 AM
If you want more allies, post your ID in the "add me" forum here and check out some of the threads in that forum that have a ton of folks who want to be added as allies. Send them an alliance request and you will soon boost your alliance size. The second part of the equation is upping your alliance attack and alliance defense scores. To do that you need to buy the strongest units you can afford given your in-game economy. Don't buy a thousand scouts, for example, because what you want is units that have as many attack and defense points as possible per unit. Not surprisingly, these are the expensive units, so buy them slowly, if you need to. And don't keep moving up the levels at all, period. That means stop doing anything that earns experience (XP) points.

Maverick50727
02-03-2012, 10:19 AM
...Now I'm on level 70 and still having trouble raising these alliances.I keep getting attacked before I can raise up.I know I started wrong but WTF
Maybe we are misunderstanding you. Are you not able to increase your ally members or having problems incresing your A/D stats? They are joined. How fast did you go from 50 to 70?

Give us your exact stats and maybe we can help if you haven't painted yourself into that corner already. Stop leveling for now until you find your problem, don't make it worse. The higher you go the smarter and stronger your rivals get typically (there are dangerous ones an any level though)

Give us your ID# and we can ally you and take a peek at your base an stats possibly for suggestions. I really haven't been accepting people recently and just got rid of a 100 yesterday. I'm doing so personal testing with how the game works with different level and rivals, but I might be able to squeeze you in if the other guys can't. It is hard to answer unless we know what you have and how your are playing. Strong economy, turtle (not your case), stong military upgrades, base defenses, etc.

Nicz
02-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Dont listen above

Just add allies 5 x your level...and only that

Its useless to have 5656562 allies

Maybe u could give ur stats there to have a look...

Tanner
02-03-2012, 10:21 AM
If you want more allies, post your ID in the "add me" forum here and check out some of the threads in that forum that have a ton of folks who want to be added as allies. Send them an alliance request and you will soon boost your alliance size. The second part of the equation is upping your alliance attack and alliance defense scores. To do that you need to buy the strongest units you can afford given your in-game economy. Don't buy a thousand scouts, for example, because what you want is units that have as many attack and defense points as possible per unit. Not surprisingly, these are the expensive units, so buy them slowly, if you need to. And don't keep moving up the levels at all, period. That means stop doing anything that earns experience (XP) points.

just to be clear, these are things that cause you to earn XP:
attacking
defending
Raiding
Being Raided
Completing any missions on the maps.
Completing a goal, which could include:
building a building
upgrading a building
adding an ally
beating an opponent
buying a decoration

in other words, collect your money, buy units and be VERY careful what you do, or you will gain XP, causing you go deeper and deeper into the shark tank...

Deskjockey
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
LMAO, dude we can understand this if your are somewhere low lvl
But I have to say WTF, you find out until lvl50 and lvl 70 now! Come on
What are you trying to say on your posting? Humiliate yourself?

Pot, meet kettle.

JMC
02-03-2012, 10:31 AM
if he's level 70 there is no reason for him to stop leveling, he is already in the top tier and he will still be in the top tier when they eventually change it to 70+.

Only way for him to gain power now is to continue to level, continue to get income from missions and eventually max out his alliance and army size.

Here is the best solution for his situation:

He should build up friend requests and delete all his current allies. That way when he gets attacked or raided he will most likely lose 0 units. His stats will suck, but clearly they are pretty bad already if he's getting dominated. So if he has only 1 ally, he will take only 4 units to battle and likely have 0 casualties. Then he can build up his economy and build up a stronger army that is invulnerable to attacks and the casualty rate. When he is ready to go again, he can add all the friend requests he's accumulated and start attacking others for valor missions, to eventually get back on track.

Maverick50727
02-03-2012, 10:33 AM
If people are poking fun at you, don't take offense. The point of the forums is question and answers. There are many members more than willing to help people, I think it makes for better opponents and adds challenge to the game. Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. Knowledge is power. No matter what, you are already above many and show your dedication to the game being in the forums. Those who don't look ath the forums lack vital information.

If you are new to the forums and haven't just lurked around in the past like me without posting, I strongly recommend that you spending some time reading old threads (hard to read them all). Many people in the forums hate to answer the same questions over and over, so do a little research and use the info here to design a strategy that works best for you to reach your own goals, not someone else's.

Maverick50727
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Dont listen above

Just add allies 5 x your level...and only that

Its useless to have 5656562 allies

Maybe u could give ur stats there to have a look...

Nicz is absolutely right currently. My allies are exaclty 5X my level now, but I'm playing arund with the numbers to see how it changes my rivals list. The # of your strongest units that can be brought into battle is level * 5 (allies allowed per level) * 4 (units of your own you an bring with each ally). Level This could be your problem, but a better look at you stats, base and untis gives us a better picture.

I haven't seen any advantage yet having more allies than 5 X level, but it does determine where you get placed with your rivals. Quality of rival makes no difference a Level 1 vs Level 100 ally are equal, but remember an ally can't attack you.

The devs are changing the whole PvP they say soon, so how rivals lists and allies work now may change in the near future.

cliffsox1
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Hey ShawnBB I didn't have access to a computer @ the time,so all I had to go on was what my iphone would allow.It didn't give me a whole lot of info about the game so get of my back o.k? My id# 823864338,so I'm playing this game backwords,I spent alot of money for nothing. So now I have to try and catch up or quit

Maverick50727
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Hey ShawnBB I didn't have access to a computer @ the time,so all I had to go on was what my iphone would allow.It didn't give me a whole lot of info about the game so get of my back o.k? My id# 823864338,so I'm playing this game backwords,I spent alot of money for nothing. So now I have to try and catch up or quit
I just added you. Is your MW palyer name cliffsox1? If not let us know. I'll look for you when I can.

cliffsox1
02-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes,that's me.Thanks for help

nighthunter
02-03-2012, 11:52 AM
if he's level 70 there is no reason for him to stop leveling, he is already in the top tier and he will still be in the top tier when they eventually change it to 70+.

That's a good one. You make me almost want to do that as I am not planning to attack anyone anytime soon...

Maverick50727
02-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Yes,that's me.Thanks for help
Strange. I added but you are not in my list, scrolled through slowly 3 times and even restarted MW. If I tried to add you again but it says you are already an ally, but I can't see you. I have to ask again if you are cliffsox1 in the game. I wish there was a search function in the visit friends. Are you by chance on the new version yet. I'm on 1.3.0 for now.

cliffsox1
02-04-2012, 05:01 AM
my member name is capt jerk 823864338 sorry, cliffsox1 is my sign in name

cliffsox1
02-04-2012, 05:02 AM
I don't know why it keeps coming up cliffsox1

Toughy
02-04-2012, 06:21 AM
I like jmc's idea...

Maverick50727
02-04-2012, 08:31 AM
cliffsox1, Ok, I see you now, you have different MW name. I don't know how long you have been playing and if you have have used gold to do expansions, upgrades or speed up time. Not sure what may have changed before I got a look. But you are really looking good IMO and should be easy to correct without having to resort to removing all allies I hope. I hope you don't mind but I'm posting your stats so others can see too for suggestions. My next post will have possible solutions for you, but if I had your resources I'd probably be rocking at this point. I won't post your unit makeup as that is too much info.

Nation: German
Level: 70
Allies: 3468
Units: 1288
Attack: 5610
Defense: 7527
Missions:3013
Fights Won: 762
Fights Lost: 3155
Raids won: 828
Raids Lost: 973
Income: 204K
Highest Defenses: EMP
Sea Lv8
Adv Sea Lv1
Air Lv8
Adv Air Lv 2
Infantry Lv7
Adv Infantry Lv4
Ground Lv7
Adv Ground Lv1

Maverick50727
02-04-2012, 08:37 AM
OK here is my White Horse Analysis (LOL): I see no problem with you having allies unless got 3100+ new ones since the thread started. You leveled too quickly, have adequate Income (more is always better), you attack too much at this point and not wisely, you did great leveling of your military buildings, but failed to buy the units they generate. In many aspects you are far better than me like unit building upgrades (mine are 1/2 your), but even I being 10 levels below you have grater Attack than you and Def 2X your Attack. Not to sound too critical, you are poised in a great position.

Solutions:
1.) STOP attacking immediately. If you look at my win/loss ratio is 4:1 yours is 1:4. I would spend the short term fixing your issues before resuming attacks. With the PvP bug, it is very likely that the amount of money you are getting from your attacks is less than the cost of units lost in those attacks. If you are losing money in attacks, stopping allows you to take that money and buy more units vs. replacements to losses. If you must attack, raid 1st, check their stats. Attack those for large $ and only if their def is 1/2 of your attack. Choose wisely.

2.) You are way under for units my friend. Bulk up quickly (strong def units first) to keep you off your rivals weakest targets list. Level 70 X 5 allies per level X 4 units per = 1400 for level 70. This is the max number of your STRONGEST units that you can bring to battle. You can always have more!!! You take ONLY the strongest 1400. 1400-Your 1288 units=112. You can simply buy 112 more units and ALL their stats will increase yours. After you reach that limit, if your buy a new stronger unit it will replace a weaker one. For example Ranger 2A/1D will replace your Gunner 1A/0D and you should see your Alliance Attack and Def increase by only 1 because the weaker unit was replaced that can go into battle.

3.) Buy units with the #2 logic in mind. Even a lowly Jet will increase your stats at this point by 2-3A. Go for a larger number of cheaper units first with higher stats than what you already have, then replace them with more expensive over time. Meat shields. Buy low cost units but with Very Low casualty rates (sea units are lost much less than infantry). Example buy Frigates if want to boost both A/D. If you need the defense buy Sea Scouts, Medics, Ambulances, etc. Also keep in mind buying units with a strong against bonus those will give you a 25% advantage for those units they go up against, examples seals, sea scouts, flamethrowers, and valor units.

4.) 50% of your 1288 untis are light gunners(540)!!! I'd be interested to know if your loses really reflect 50% of units lost being those. I suspect you lose more high end than you like. Start replacing those boys with better meat shields.

5.) Try loot farming instead of attacking and missions for the short term to increase your unit strength. Look at the loot farming thread if you have never done this. You will still gain some exp and level, but it should be worth it. In your case I would recommend farming the amphibious trooper A6/D8 (Docks/amphibious squad leader). The cost of farming it is scouts and jeeps which you have. Note you can only lose units required for a mission, so no fear of losing stronger units. It should be a small free bump for you because you can exchange your energy, for a stronger unit. Normally for me the $ gains also allow me to replace any scouts or jeeps lost and still have $ left over + a stronger unit.

6.) You are german, so I think the nation advantage is ground. Use that to your advantage when purchasing units if you can. But rememeber to look at people units too before you attack. If they have tons of Engieers or Jungle Stalkers being brought to battle that are strong against ground, your advantage is shot.

It is up to you if you take these suggestions/pills. But I think if you do, I think you should be able to correct. You may need to come back to the doctors here in the forums for a follow up prescription. Feel free for second opinions, everyone has different strategies. You have to find what works for you.

Deskjockey
02-04-2012, 09:19 AM
I agree with the vast majority of what Maverick said--he's right on with his advice. If most of your losses in attacks and rais are not your doing, but instead the result of others attacking and raiding you, the same advice still applies. Your error has basically been buying too few units, and crappy ones at that. The only place I disagree with Maverick is on how to go about purchasing your units. His advice is spot on for someone gradually moving up the ranks. You, however, are already up there, so buying cheaper units and gradually replacing them is not the best thing to do. In your case, I would recommend going for the most powerfull units you can buy right off the bat. For pure defense units, you could go for the ambulance, global hawk, and sea scout, as he suggested. For offensive units, compare the ones that are available for purchase and see which ones give you the most bang for the buck.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the amphibious trooper in the Docks mission (you get it by attacking the amphibious commander) and the mini sub in the Emir Island mission (which you get by attacking the submarine in the top left corner of the map) are good loot farming missions, but don't go too crazy, as they could cause you to level up very fast if all you do all day long is hit the again and again.

In addition, your economy should be able to sustain the purchase of multiple expensive units given the stats posted above. If you find yourself unable to purchase the units, step back and try to figure out why. Are you burning money doing other stuff like buying decorations? Are you loosing it to raids because your vault is too low or you forget to vault what you collect, or you forget to collect it? If so, fix the problem right quick.

Deskjockey
02-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Oh, remember ShawnBB, who mocked you so much earlier in this thread? He only had around 2100 attack and 5100 defense a week or so ago, and he's a level 62, so he's in far worse shape than you are. I've seen level 30 players that could eat his lunch. People in glass houses...

Maverick50727
02-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I agree with the vast majority of what Maverick said--he's right on with his advice. ... His advice is spot on for someone gradually moving up the ranks. You, however, are already up there, so buying cheaper units and gradually replacing them is not the best thing to do. In your case, I would recommend going for the most powerfull units you can buy right off the bat. For pure defense units, you could go for the ambulance, global hawk, and sea scout, as he suggested. For offensive units, compare the ones that are available for purchase and see which ones give you the most bang for the buck.

Second opion and YES I agree on what DeskJockey says. In my point of lower end less expensive use, I was thinking of the same ambulance (you will get a ground boost being German) and sea scouts (strong against) and may have used some bad examples. Cheaper is a relative term I guess. I'm thinking of the most bulk in the least amount of time given your 200K budget. Some times the cost of 20 cheaper units are better than 1 expensive one, and can give you 2-3X the boost than the one unit. More expensive=better in theory. I think the quicker you get your def stats higher, the less of a target you will become, so start with building defense stats. How will depend on if more of your losses are coming from your attacks or people targeting you. Also it depends on if your attackers are looking at your def stat # only or your unit makeup, most look only at the #. There is no right or wrong answer here as you must bulk up. I recommend taking both of our advice based on your 200K econpomy and how the payoff scheules roll for you, at least for the short term. If you only have 20K to spend buy cheaper units that we mentioned even medics will help you. When your larger money payoffs come in, buy the more expensive low or very low critical rate units. Remember much of your income has been coming from missions and attacks probably, so stopping them will mean less income to work with so choose wisely, but leveling too quickly I think will make it only worse for you at this point.

And yes check your vault as that is one thing rivals and allies can't see. Another is skills, so if you level up maybe putting more in def might help. What do you think Deskjockey?

Maverick50727
02-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Oh, remember ShawnBB, who mocked you so much earlier in this thread? He only had around 2100 attack and 5100 defense a week or so ago, and he's a level 62, so he's in far worse shape than you are. I've seen level 30 players that could eat his lunch. People in glass houses...
LMAO, be nice. Shawn has some valid points and the funny thing it is working for him in his range of rivals. I myself don't get the same range.

Discalimer: I don't claim to be an expert in everything and I'm by far not the strongest, but many of my strategies and opionions I hope add vaule. I'm level 61 and only have 8K A/ 10K D stats myself, but that is with $0 real money spent. Also before anyone points out that I am playing below my ally minimum, I know. I know I'm taking a unit A/D hit reducing my max units, but I'm just testing now. My rival ranges are only 57-63 while others can see 60-200. I'm just playing around if I can change my rival view. It seems the low end can't see the high end, but the high end can see a much greater range and thus have more targets. 95% of rivals in my range have eveything protected by vaults it seems, just looking for greener fields.

spytime
02-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Please don't buy the flamethrower soldiers, those have one of the highest casualty rate. So after you bought it and begin rivals, you might lose immediately. I'm at the current the same level as you.

I recommended dump your allies. It's too much and made you like a baby for those sharks in the top.

Maverick50727
02-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Please don't buy the flamethrower soldiers, those have one of the highest casualty rate. So after you bought it and begin rivals, you might lose immediately. I'm at the current the same level as you.

I recommended dump your allies. It's too much and made you like a baby for those sharks in the top.I'll have to check later. I don't remember losing those at a greate rate as opposed to other meat shield infantry units, when bring the same amount to battle. They do have a stong against infantry boost. I do prefer sea units for less losses the most IMO even though I'm not UK.

Col.34w
02-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Time to rethink how one can post.

Ramshutu
02-04-2012, 02:06 PM
It seems someone set us up the bomb. Make your time.

KCh
02-05-2012, 04:49 AM
my member name is capt jerk 823864338 sorry, cliffsox1 is my sign in name

Hey, I raided your lvl 8 munition stockpile. 👍

[][][][][]

nighthunter
02-08-2012, 09:07 PM
So I try this out and it worked great.
Would be too wordy to write all the details but my conclusion is that not just the rival list, but also the casualty rate links with the # of allies.
I dropped down to as low as <20 but at which point I will send super hornets only to battle and they still dies (5-6 fights attacks). So I now keep it around 100, with 6k atk/def. several days passed and it seemed that I can finally stop worrying for my super hornets.

Only way for him to gain power now is to continue to level, continue to get income from missions and eventually max out his alliance and army size.

Here is the best solution for his situation:

He should build up friend requests and delete all his current allies. That way when he gets attacked or raided he will most likely lose 0 units. His stats will suck, but clearly they are pretty bad already if he's getting dominated. So if he has only 1 ally, he will take only 4 units to battle and likely have 0 casualties. Then he can build up his economy and build up a stronger army that is invulnerable to attacks and the casualty rate. When he is ready to go again, he can add all the friend requests he's accumulated and start attacking others for valor missions, to eventually get back on track.

ShawnBB
02-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh, remember ShawnBB, who mocked you so much earlier in this thread? *He only had around 2100 attack and 5100 defense a week or so ago, and he's a level 62, so he's in far worse shape than you are. *I've seen level 30 players that could eat his lunch. *People in glass houses...

������������
Havent checked forum for almost a week.*
Thx Deskjockey and Maverick for remembering me.( idk why I felt glad about your post lol)

Looks like I might need to say something here,
Sorry for that trolling one I posted,pretty rude lol
But what I mean there was : a lvl 50+ player obviously put a significant amount of time in this game, and should at least know the basics about how the game works.
You can't expect everyone to catch up pros like Maverick, but at very least should understand what you were doing over the last few months, right? Study MW in whatever way is actually showing respect to this game and to this forum.*

In my opinion, there is no so called *"wrong start", adjust yourself according to the rival environment is the best way to run this game.*

If you have too much alliance, then your army density got a problem. So either buy high density units or dump alliances to a level that will keep your density at the top of it.
If your rivals are tight, give up aggression and go camp.
If you losing countless fight recently then build up troop's defense density. (start with *filling your army with medic, because they won't join offense battles, only lose in defending very easy to pile up.)

I'm still in the middle 60s, 186 allies now with 8709 defense, *which is 8709/186/4= 11.7 defense density. I'm saving my valors over 10k and now just using a pure game cash army.*
I don't upgrade depot or armory to get a good looking fake I/H stats, rest of them I'm following the highest I/H increase per upgrade hour as my upgrade order.(did multiply the coefficient, like 0.67 for 3 hours, 0.75 for 6 hours, 0.8 for 8 hours , 1 for 12H+) it is for the best Econ growth.
I locked up everything, increase density when money flows, keep up density when Allie requested and having a very solid life in the game. This is not a stats or Allie or lvl rush competition. Either Lvl 30 gold buyers or lvl 100 crazy atk def stats guy, they cant approach to me whatsoever. Its like your are running walmart and im running a chinese restaurant, you don't compare each other and say who is more powerful or could eat the other up.

So I would say whoever adjust the rival around him and doing good all the way through this game is the winner.
��didn't expect I could write so long like a spammer...

digitalwalker
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM

������������
Havent checked forum for almost a week.*
Thx Deskjockey and Maverick for remembering me.( idk why I felt glad about your post lol)

Looks like I might need to say something here,
Sorry for that trolling one I posted,pretty rude lol
But what I mean there was : a lvl 50+ player obviously put a significant amount of time in this game, and should at least know the basics about how the game works.
You can't expect everyone to catch up pros like Maverick, but at very least should understand what you were doing over the last few months, right? Study MW in whatever way is actually showing respect to this game and to this forum.*

In my opinion, there is no so called *"wrong start", adjust yourself according to the rival environment is the best way to run this game.*

If you have too much alliance, then your army density got a problem. So either buy high density units or dump alliances to a level that will keep your density at the top of it.
If your rivals are tight, give up aggression and go camp.
If you losing countless fight recently then build up troop's defense density. (start with *filling your army with medic, because they won't join offense battles, only lose in defending very easy to pile up.)

I'm still in the middle 60s, 186 allies now with 8709 defense, *which is 8709/186/4= 11.7 defense density. I'm saving my valors over 10k and now just using a pure game cash army.*
I don't upgrade depot or armory to get a good looking fake I/H stats, rest of them I'm following the highest I/H increase per upgrade hour as my upgrade order.(did multiply the coefficient, like 0.67 for 3 hours, 0.75 for 6 hours, 0.8 for 8 hours , 1 for 12H+) it is for the best Econ growth.
I locked up everything, increase density when money flows, keep up density when Allie requested and having a very solid life in the game. This is not a stats or Allie or lvl rush competition. Either Lvl 30 gold buyers or lvl 100 crazy atk def stats guy, they cant approach to me whatsoever. Its like your are running walmart and im running a chinese restaurant, you don't compare each other and say who is more powerful or could eat the other up.

So I would say whoever adjust the rival around him and doing good all the way through this game is the winner.
��didn't expect I could write so long like a spammer...

I have to say, I agree with ur definition of a winner.

Jefe50
02-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Please forgive my ignorance. I'm new to this game. How do I earn gold bars?

nighthunter
02-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Please forgive my ignorance. I'm new to this game. How do I earn gold bars?

through hard work

Jefe50
02-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks Einstein

Deskjockey
02-11-2012, 05:19 PM
By going to work, earning real cash then using your credit and debit card to conver thar real cash to "gold.". There is no other way.

And please, do do yourself a favor and use the search function before posting a question that has been asked many, many times.