PDA

View Full Version : Defense Buildings?

Addz
02-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Do Defense Buildings Even Help Your Base Fend Off Rivals And Raids?? Or Are They A WASTE Of Time And Money? Last Question Do They Increase Your Over All Military Defense?

Maverick50727
02-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Good question, I have never seen a good answer yet. They do increase you Alliance defense score by their specified def amount. But you can see that is low realative to their costs and upgrade times as compared to just a few simple Figates or Transports. It seems they add defense against raids for buildings within their range coverage. It must act as a multiplier of some sort but how much I don't know. They will probably have the greatest affect in the lower levels. Remember gold defenses are very powerful compared to cash ones, so plan your raids accordingly. If people have gold defenses the ranges are much large and a few items can cover more buildings. Let us see if other have more info.

FYI I sent you a Private Meassage also in regards to other questions and TIPS, so check that when you get a chance.

Addz
02-02-2012, 08:26 PM
okay and yeah i have 1 flak cannon and 1 guard tower and thats all. Also i did reply to your reply about gold think you can answer my other questions in that gold thread ??

JackRakan93
02-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Personally, I do not think they are a waste. Althogh I could care less about the defense they add to your alliance score (my defense without them is more than twice the average attack of those in my bracket), I feel they add a deterrent effect. When I raid, I never raid anything near turrets or holding cells because I feel they are associated with casualties. This effect multiples with multiple buildings.

Aidan
02-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Before the "pvp bug" i found tht whenever i raided a building tht r heavily defended by def builfing, i always ended up wif 1-3 casualties as compared to zero casualty. FYI, i always raid/atck people tht is half n lower frm my stat.

Maverick50727
02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info. I suspected as much. I personally have the max number of defnese building for each non-gold type starting from guard towers to SAM (with many upgrades). I'm working on adding in minefields now.

The one thing I wish was that I could find a way to see my rivals loses when they attack or raid me. I get news and info about what I lost, but not their results. Ok, I know I lost or was raided, but did it pay for them to do so. I would like to know my defense are working if you know what I mean. ELOL. I do notice not many attack or raid me more than once or twice and move on. However I would like info to know if it is due to high loses on their part (even without the PvP bug) or just that I have have a large vault.

Tanner
02-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Mav,
I'll try to raid/attack you if you like. what level, what's your nation and name? I'll let you know what casualties I have.

what is "ELOL?"

Nicz
02-03-2012, 10:27 AM
I prefered use my base to build money buildings, and no defence buildings, but when i'll finish to build the first ones, and the boost buildings, i'll use my news expansions to build few...

For me, they are a waste of space, but maybe i'm wrong...

Maverick50727
02-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Mav,
I'll try to raid/attack you if you like. what level, what's your nation and name? I'll let you know what casualties I have.

what is "ELOL?"

Hold off on the attacks for now, I'm trying some other tests and will upgrade the base defenses some more. I have another minefield going now. I may take you up on it in a while. I'll shoot you a private message then. Thx

ELOL = Evil Laugh Out Loud Also known as Muahahahahahhahahaaa

Addz
02-03-2012, 02:45 PM
okay thanks guys for the info

Kornfreak
02-03-2012, 03:03 PM
My base I getting pretty big I'm make a lot of money and have no defense buildings at all and have had no problems being attacked

Maverick50727
02-04-2012, 06:21 AM
My base I getting pretty big I'm make a lot of money and have no defense buildings at all and have had no problems being attacked
What are your level and stats including income. You may not be on other peoples radar or a big fish at your level.

JackoV
02-04-2012, 09:00 AM
defence is so useless. it has no real role lol

prefer using the extra space to put more money buildings Xd

Someone please convince me that defence has a great role.. maybe then i will put some defence :p

Aidan
02-04-2012, 09:19 AM
defence is so useless. it has no real role lol

prefer using the extra space to put more money buildings Xd

Someone please convince me that defence has a great role.. maybe then i will put some defence :p

I'll give u 1. There r missions tht require u to build certain amount of building like for mine atm it's 75 building. Nw if u r free plyr n hv built all the money n boosts buildings u still short. So u gonna need to build the def to make it up.
As fr the effectiveness, it's debateable. Some say it does hv merit, othrs dnt.
As fr me, i prefer to hv as much def as i cn hv. In war, u cn nvr hv too much def. it's always nt enuf

Maverick50727
02-04-2012, 11:02 AM
I'll give u 1. There r missions tht require u to build certain amount of building like for mine atm it's 75 building. Nw if u r free plyr n hv built all the money n boosts buildings u still short. So u gonna need to build the def to make it up.
As fr the effectiveness, it's debateable. Some say it does hv merit, othrs dnt.
As fr me, i prefer to hv as much def as i cn hv. In war, u cn nvr hv too much def. it's always nt enuf
Very true on the mission. As for merit it is hard to say and at what player levels and def upgrades.

Mcdoc
02-06-2012, 02:04 AM
I have a lot of defense bldgs - in fact I even hide them with foliage because I love waking up to see that I picked up 80k from people who attacked me and lost lots of dough. So in a way, I DO believe in the Tooth Fairy (or rather the "Raid Fairy") who leaves me money while I sleep.

I also use palm trees to hide the numbers on my bldgs so someone can't tell if my storage silo is a level 2 or a level 9 - and then my level 6 guard tower with a hidden number next to a money bldg draws in the unsuspecting attackers and WHAM - I gots some free cashish!

I also love hiding turrets & other high defense bldgs in the shadows of large bldgs and under strategically placed trees.

My 32 cents worth.

magicxue
02-07-2012, 12:58 AM
add me plz
modern war 194657928