PDA

View Full Version : Spending Gold?

Addz
02-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Is Spending Gold To Expand Faster Or To Finish Buildings Faster OR Upgrade Faster Worth It?

Also Need Help Arranging My Unit Buildings In My Base. :)?

ShawnBB
02-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Is Spending Gold To Expand Faster Or To Finish Buildings Faster OR Upgrade Faster Worth It?

Also Need Help Arranging My Unit Buildings In My Base. :)?

First of all, welcome to MW forum,you will learn a lot from here.

From a nooby middle class player's opinion which is mine...
Don't speed up by using gold, it is the worst choice of spending gold.
Because this game is a long run time consuming game, if you are out of patience on this game then I don't think your salary can afford this game cost.

You can either buy gold unit( remember to buy the least gold cost unit in the category that your starting nation has advantage.Least gold cost unit gives you The highest atk/def points per gold) and profit from attack,raid

Or go for Gold income buildings which I'm not familiar, need some gold players here to help you.

Have fun, mate!

Addz
02-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Shawn I have been playing this game for over 1 month now. im level 25 and i have over 10 gold units and and attack over 1600 and defense over 1700. i was just wondering or wanted to see some one else's opinion. I am appreciative you welcoming me. Not to be mean or rude i noticed a LOT of people disagree with you or do not like you. i dont dislike anybody or hate anybody on here.

Also there are gold revenue buildings? If so were are they? Thanks for the opinion. Last what do you mean my salary? Like in game salary or real life? lol

ShawnBB
02-02-2012, 12:22 AM
For the building arrange, here is a chart for you,

1⃣ each piece of expansion land is 14X14,(air hangar boost building is 15X15)
2⃣13X13 building-- war factory, advanced air base
3⃣12X12 building -- oil refinery, recycling plant, elite training facility and most of the boost building
4⃣11X11 building -- ore mine, war factory, air port, barrack
5⃣10X10 building -- commander center, military market, steel mill, advanced ground factory
6⃣9X9 building -- armory, communication center
7⃣8X8 building -- depot, wind farm, munition stockpile. 4X4 for the 4 least space take money building you all know.
8⃣defence building -- turrent and Sam 5X5 , bunker 8X8( huge waste of space for beginning play),holding cell 8X8(Still space costly), mine field 7X7
9⃣sea building -- 14X14, pretty much one expansion one building.

Oh crap, you just posted the first one, thought you are totally new... Gold revenue buildings are together with other money buildings. I mean real salary lol,
I know lot of ppl don't like me here, English is not my 1st language, so I figured I didn't play this game with an English western way. More of a Chinese way.

Addz
02-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Oh crap, you just posted the first one, thought you are totally new...

Its ok bro. lol

Addz
02-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Witch buildings generate gold? I dont think there are any. And my salary is not that bad i make 58,000 a year so i think i can lol :) Also i added you to my alliance. My Name is
General Addz, if you can take my some time to look at my base and help me arrange my
base so it looks nice :) thanks

P4TR1C14N
02-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Addz, it all depends on how you want to play.

If you want to buy gold money buildings, then that will result in more virtual money to be harvested per hour. Without them you also can harvest money with the free buildings, but just 'less'.

If you want to use gold to upgrade faster... well... difficult one. If you want to upgrade immediately by using gold, then i hope you're a very rich person as it will cost you loads of real money. If you want to use gold to upgrade once the 'remaining' upgrade time is small (Eg. less then 8 hours for example), then it might make your life 'easier' as you don't need to wait untill the timer says it ready as you can complete it when 'you' want.

If you want to use gold to buy units, then you should invest probably quite a lot of money in order to be sure your units are also really worth the money. If you also follow this option, you will play eventually with the big boys (in gold) and will outperform other players. But as i sais... buying only a couple of those units is not worth the money tbh.

So... if you ask me.
* Or you got too much real money and can afford to throw it away --> Go for gold units, gold building and upgrade when remaining time is slow with gold.
* You have considerable money to be spent on the game --> go for gold money buildings and upgrade when remaining time is not much.
* You got some money to be spent --> Go for money buildings which can give you more money on long term.
* You got not much money to be spent --> play for free and keep it. Using it will not help you gain an advantage.

Good luck.

ShawnBB
02-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Witch buildings generate gold? I dont think there are any. And my salary is not that bad i make 58,000 a year so i think i can lol :)

Nono, they only produce cash.
if theres gold income building, gold player would become too imbalance, not good for keeping a good game rating

Addz
02-02-2012, 12:50 AM
o okay sorry i like took that the wrong way. I was gonna say i dont think there are lol. And thanks P4TR1C14N for advise. :)

Addz
02-02-2012, 12:52 AM
okay now that my question is answered can some one help me arrange my base? it looks like its all thrown there lol?

Deskjockey
02-02-2012, 04:12 AM
okay now that my question is answered can some one help me arrange my base? it looks like its all thrown there lol?

How do you want to arrange your base--for beauty or for efficiency? There is a thread here that shows pictures of bases people have arranged for their looks which will give you some tips on how you can make yours look nice, if that is what you want to do. If what you are after is maximizing the utility of your base and its space, I can offer a few tips:

- Pack buildings close together, leaving no gaps between them.
- When putting buildings of different sizes next to each other, experiment with different layouts until you find one that leaves the least or no dead space between buildings. To do this you will need to make sure you have at least one expansion square or so always free to shuffle buildings around your base.
- As soon as an expansion square is done building, start another one, so make sure you have enough funds to do so in advance. This is important if you want to also keep throwing up buildings as soon as an expansion square is ready.
- Pack the big buildings together first, or pack them around defense buildings, and then fit the small buildings like the silo and oil derrick in between them to fill gaps.

Packing buildings tightly will give you an ugly but very space efficient base. My base looks like sh!t on a stick, but I've got more buildings on it than I ever thought I could pack in that space. Squeezing them in a smaller space has saved me millions and a lot of time waiting for expansions to finish.

digitalwalker
02-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Just a quick word on gold spending.

For spending a small amount of real money, Gold units can give you a huge advantage below level 30, if you know how, you can easily farm 2-10 million per afternoon. That's what I did.

Gold money buildings are only become significant beneficial is when you have a loads of cash in hand or large hourly income. to be able to upgrade them. Because, high level gold money buildings are the one give you superior economic over your ravils, but the upgrading cost of gold buildings are the scale of millions.

JMC
02-02-2012, 05:22 AM
By the time you get to high levels unless you have thousands of dollars worth in gold units, they will not be that beneficial.

Agent Orange
02-02-2012, 06:36 AM
First of all, welcome to MW forum,you will learn a lot from here.

From a nooby middle class player's opinion which is mine...
Don't speed up by using gold, it is the worst choice of spending gold.
Because this game is a long run time consuming game, if you are out of patience on this game then I don't think your salary can afford this game cost.

You can either buy gold unit( remember to buy the least gold cost unit in the category that your starting nation has advantage.Least gold cost unit gives you The highest atk/def points per gold) and profit from attack,raid

Or go for Gold income buildings which I'm not familiar, need some gold players here to help you.

Have fun, mate!

Nope I would not buy the least cost gold unit inthe beginning because if you are playing smart you want to limit the number of allies you have and that in turn limits the number of units you can bring into a battle.

In the low levels the game matches your allies based on your level and on the number of allies younhave ergo if you have 1 or 2 the game will match you with the same specd rivals.

From a math standpoint it may be better numerically to buy the cheaper units but higher value units are better in a situation where you are only bringing a handful of units to battle since your per unit strength is higher.

Why the L8 player I'm experimenting with has a lot of AAV's making them very tough to beat in an attack. Gold units are even better since they cannot be lost in battle.

Wildfire
02-02-2012, 07:20 AM
I've played up to level 66 so far without buying any gold. At this level for gold units too be effective you really need a fortunes worth of them. Time and again I've seen rivals who must have bought 500-1000 worth of gold units early in the game and relied on them while neglecting their overall long term strategy. They eventually reach a point where either they have to stand still and consolidate for a while or spend a lot more to keep advancing.

However, I've now reached to point where the next building I want to buy is at a level my vault won't get to for several weeks. Everytime I exceed my current vault I get attacked by the same player again and again, I noted his profile 3 days ago and he now has over 1100 more Fights Won to his name and only 3 more losses, 1100 fights in 3 days come n! His attack at 15000 is only 400 greater than my defense but he must have used all his skill points in attack as he nearly always wins and never seems to lose many units eventhough his army is only 10% gold units which is annoying. Oddly enough on the rare occasions I win I lose units like sea scouts whereas if I lose I lose medics. If I increase my defense he just buys more units. If I've money outside my vault he just attacks the maximum number of times every opportunity.

So I've given up trying to get buildings outside my vault limit for now, for that reason if I was to buy gold I would be looking at buying a couple of the gold money buildings just so that I can keep increasing my income. The same amount spent on gold units wouldn't really give me anything. Using gold to finish vault upgrades is also ridiculously expensive 956 for 95 hours on my current timer.

Maverick50727
02-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Shawn I have been playing this game for over 1 month now. ... i was just wondering or wanted to see some one else's opinion. I am appreciative you welcoming me. Not to be mean or rude i noticed a LOT of people disagree with you or do not like you. i dont dislike anybody or hate anybody on here. ...

LMAO, Addz my friend you have just made a friend with that comment. I myself have many different opinions vs. Shawn, but still have communicated with him and gained ideas from his posts. The whole point is this is a game and everyone is going to have different opinions and strategies like turtles and gold players. You don't want to make enemies and you have to find a strategy that fits your goals in the game. You will never be #1 with your real life income as others spend 5-10K of real money in a week, but with that said you can still have much fun in the game. The forum is the best place to get answers and will make you a better than any person who doesn't read here. You don't even have to be a poster. I lurked around reading for weeks before I ever posted a single comment so yes I'm considered a junior in the forum, but your status doesn't mean you can't bring new ideas and maybe make the gameplay better for all. Anyone can learn and add value to the forum.

Maverick50727
02-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Addz,
I hope I have not made anyone angry at me for any of my few comments, but feel free to express your opinions or ask questions that is the point. Just try read some of the past posts first. There is so much out that I have not have time to read everything, but many questions of newbies are answered over and over.
FYI, Some of the best information come from many of the senior members. Some of the best (but not limited to) are Agent Orange, Wildfire, Tanner, Tramp Stamp, Dover, JMC, Deskjockey, DigitalWalker, Speed ump... If you look at these you will find many agree and disagree with each other in many aspects, but the value is in the knowledge they share. Knowledge=Power. My thanks to all these guys for their posts and help in making the gaming experience better.

Maverick50727
02-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Addz,
You may know these already but a few TIPS for newbies:
1.) Don't level up too fast. You can paint yourself into a corner if your defneses are not sufficient. The gameplay I noticed changed around Level 40. It is easy to make money early, but upper levels people have learned the error of their ways and increased vaults, built defenses, etc. The higher you go the more challenging the rivals can get. The smart rivals go for the weakest links.
2.) Try to increase your economy early in game so you can support upgrades, expansions, building new buildings and vault increases. Ideally you want to have all 4 going at once at all times.
3.) Always raid first and check your rival’s stats before attacking!!!! Simple your want your attack to be much higher than their def, but you also need to pick your targets wisely for money. As you get better look into other factors such as rivals unit makeup, defensive buildings, untis with strong against (25% bonus/diminishing advantage), nation strengths (UK=sea), and now new boost buildings (minor at this point IMO since new).
4.) Understand your losses and why. Look at the attack/raid results to see what you lost. The PvP is broken now with high losses that can result in cost of unit loss far exceeding gains especially at higher levels.
5.) Understand how the Alliance Attack and Def is created. The answer to why people were losing high value units before the bug was people didn’t understand how it worked. People thought if they make a large # of meat shields, then chances were they would be lost first. True to an extent. A player ONLY takes their strongest units into battle for attack or defense. The number of units that can be brought to bear is determined by the level AND # of allies. Each level lets you have/use 5 allies. Each ally allows you to bring 4 additional of your units into battle. So a level 60 player can only use 300 allies even if they have 1,000’s of allies. The # of units a level 60 player can use would be 60 X 5 X 4 = 1,200. Biggest misunderstanding is that people are losing higher value units simply because they are taking only their strongest units up to this CAP and their meat shields are too weak to be included. You can’t lose something if you don’t take it with you. LOL Learn the formula (Level X 5 Allies X 4 units per Ally= Units Used) and live it!!!

Addz
02-02-2012, 06:58 PM
So Then Only Buy Strong Units? And Only Buy Gold Money Buildings? And Base Is Arranged The Way I Want It.
Now But I Need Help With Gaining More Money Per Hour?
I Have 1 Supply Depot Level 6,
1 Wind Farm Level 4,
1 Armory Level 3,
1 Steel Mill Level 2,
1 Oil Derrick Level 5,
1 Storage Silo Level 5,
1 Communications Center Level 1,
Last Diamond Mind Level 1. What Else Should I Buy?
I Have The Funds To Buy More Gold Money Buildings. ??

And You Said Others Spend 5-10K In A Week Of Real Money?? If So They Must Have A
VERY VERY Large Base With A Huge Income Per Hour And Lots Of Units Right?

Maverick50727
02-02-2012, 08:26 PM
... And You Said Others Spend 5-10K In A Week Of Real Money?? If So They Must Have A
VERY VERY Large Base With A Huge Income Per Hour And Lots Of Units Right?

Absolutely, but it can vary wildly. I've got alies in at level 100 with only 15-20K in attack but low levels of income like 100K. I know others at the level 100 range that have 90-100K in Attack/Defense. Then again I have an ally around level 65 with 15K A/D, but he has bought the entire continent with only a few buildings but has income of 866K. That is the best I've seen in that level.

Addz
02-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Now But I Need Help With Gaining More Money Per Hour?
I Have 1 Supply Depot Level 6,
1 Wind Farm Level 4,
1 Armory Level 3,
1 Steel Mill Level 2,
1 Oil Derrick Level 5,
1 Storage Silo Level 5,
1 Communications Center Level 1,
Last Diamond Mind Level 1. What Else Should I Buy?
I Have The Funds To Buy More Gold Money Buildings. ??

Okay thanks maverick but think you can answer my question stated in the quote? and wow thats amazing !

Maverick50727
02-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Hard to answer as a lot is about you personal pref and playing habits. I’m playing the game personally for the challenge and started out as a non-gold player. I’m in the 60’s/middle levels thus the advantage of a few gold units seems minimal at this point and I don’t plan to switch from a 100% free player yet. If I start over from scratch or create a second account on a new device I would probably buy a few gold units at the lowest levels to help raids. However, if I do switch at my current level I probably would only be willing to spend the cost of a few XBOX games, so my money would be best used in the lower cost gold money buildings. I understand that some favor the water treatment plant. I won’t claim to be an expert on gold purchases as I have never bought a single one yet, but I have read much. Always get second opinions and do some research to allow you to draw your own conclusions. There is no right or wrong way to play the game, it is what works best for you and allows you to achieve your goals. I know a skillful dodge of a direct question. LOL

When buying and upgrading money buildings I would upgrade those that match your playing style. Buildings of course don’t start making money again until you collect it, so if you upgrade the supply depot which produces every 5 minutes, it seems to be a waste unless you play every waking minute of the day. But it is the cheapest and ROI is good. On the other end of the spectrum if you have a building that produces in 48hrs, you might be finding yourself short of cash or someone swooped in while you were sleeping and stole 60% of your money. I find that some of each works best to generate a constant steady source of income. I have 2 of everything up to the Oil Refinery. When you do upgrades, it is probably better to upgrade one fully as the rewards increase with each level (lv 10 the best). It is easy to determine the payout of the levels. Each level increases by a constant multiplier of the original level 1 income. For instance the armory starts at 400, the level 2 multiplier is 2 so the next upgrade is 800. The multipliers for level 2-10 are 2, 3.5, 5.5, 8, 11, 14.5, 18.5, 23, 30 respectively. So a level 10 building generates 30 times the income of the original level 1. The trick is not the cost of the upgrades, it is normally the upgrade times so getting any building to level 10 is a challenge since you can only upgrade 1 building at a time. If you focus solely on economy you may open yourself up to attack it you don’t keep up on military upgrades too.

It is never easy and there is no one end all answer, you have to work the upgrade cost and times into your overall game progression plans. TIP you might want to wait until some buildings payoff before upgrading. Meaning if you have 1 hr remaining on a 48hr payoff building, wait until it finishes, then upgrade. If you upgrade before the payoff, it resets the counter and you lost that payout which was almost in your grasp. Having a second building of the same type helps here as you still generate the income on one while the other upgrades, so there is no gap in payoff schedules. However 2 of every money building will take a lot of space so it is up to you and the revenue you can generate to support expansions via PvP along with your economy.

Check out this thread for more info http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?14972-Anyone-have-a-list-of-cash-buildings-and-their-income-at-each-stage

Tramp Stamp generated a great spreadsheet you need to look at. Tanner’s is the same link to his.
Modern War Upgrade Costs
http://goo.gl/I7cdT

Addz
02-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks Maverick I Understand