PDA

View Full Version : Building Arrangement

JackRakan93
02-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Out of curiosity, how does everyone arrange their base and buildings? Do you go for aesthetics and make all the buildings of the same type face the same direction? Do you arrange it pragmatically as if it were an actual base. Do you just try minimize space and put things wherever they fit. Is your shipyard and dry docks even placed correctly? :p

Jasber
02-01-2012, 12:41 AM
That's an interesting question. I've seen allies put their buildings close together to utilize space to the max.

I wonder if putting buildings around the radius of defense buildings useful to prevent raid attacks. It sort of raises defense of buildings when you place them around it. You can see it when you tap on the defense buildings. I also wonder if the placement of defense buildings affect the chance of losing/winning a raid. Or is it dependent on defense score? If defense buildings are placed away, does defense score help to ward off raids??

I personally place buildings around defense buildings. And there are gaps around. It may make me spend more on expansion costs eventually.

neros1
02-01-2012, 03:18 AM
And how does the shipyard, drydock, Naval Research Center and Oil Rig need to be placed? I can't figure out how much water/land is needed to be able to build those. Don't want to spend to much time on expanding in the wrong places :-)

digitalwalker
02-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Shipyard and dry dock occupy half land half water, and the rest sea buildings are totally on the water,.

I put my buildings pragmatically and build trees around, it may be just me, I like to see my base to be beautiful although others may not be able to see my decrorations:)

Deskjockey
02-01-2012, 04:28 AM
I cram buildings as close together as possible without regard for aesthetics and I also scrunch them around defense buildings so they get the defense boost (which does help in case of raids--the only four raids I've lost we're when I raided heavily defended buildings owned by a player with a much lower alliance defense score than mine). My base is as ugly as sin, but I've managed to fit a lot of stuff on it, saving me millions in expansion costs (and days of waiting).

Nicz
02-01-2012, 05:09 AM
I reduct space at the maximum :)

If u want to see my base, add 379 107 891, but tell me ur name, i control my allies' number

JMC
02-01-2012, 05:10 AM
I rearranged my base for all the buildings to fit perfectly together. I have almost no wasted space between my buildings.

Someone with 20000 attack can win a raid sometimes against someone with 30000 defence. Putting buildings around some defence buildings isnt going to help much, especially against players who are stronger than me. I just huy defence buildings to have them. They are also an undestructible source of alliance defence score for free players.

digitalwalker
02-01-2012, 05:24 AM
I rearranged my base for all the buildings to fit perfectly together. I have almost no wasted space between my buildings.

Someone with 20000 attack can win a raid sometimes against someone with 30000 defence. Putting buildings around some defence buildings isnt going to help much, especially against players who are stronger than me. I just huy defence buildings to have them. They are also an undestructible source of alliance defence score for free players.

Agree.

Few points should be realized:

1) money buildings have theirs own nature defense points, larger ones have more defense points.
2) by knowing 1), then you should re think, the poor defense points given by defense buildings only boost a small fraction of your buildings defense
3) by taking account of the time and cash invested into defense buildings and also the probability of you were chosen to be raided and also the probability of you forgot to collect your money.

Conclusion is obvious. Defense buildings are not advised to buy and upgrade at least in early and mid stages of the game.

ShawnBB
02-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Shipyard and dry dock occupy half land half water, and the rest sea buildings are totally on the water,.

I put my buildings pragmatically and build trees around, it may be just me, I like to see my base to be beautiful although others may not be able to see my decrorations:)

Hey digital, remember me? I appreciate for that official casualty information. if you would like to add me, we could visit each other's base decoration✋
I was being called an idiot for spend effort decorating my base with a little garden in it. LoL

Now, time to give some Yummy info about base layout.
1⃣ each piece of expansion land is 14X14
2⃣ biggest building-- war factory, advanced air base both 13X13
3⃣12X12 building -- oil refinery, recycling plant, elite training facility and most of the boost building
4⃣11X11 building -- ore mine, war factory, air port, barrack
5⃣10X10 building -- commander center, military market, steel mill, advanced ground factory
6⃣9X9 building -- armory, communication center
7⃣8X8 building -- depot, wind farm, munition stockpile. 4X4 for the 4 least space take money building you all know.
8⃣defence building turrent and Sam 5X5 , bunker 8X8( huge waste of space, never buy it unless there's absolutely nothing for you to do),holding cell 8X8(also a waste compare to Sam), mine field 7X7

EnjoyLife
02-01-2012, 11:48 AM
I thought the dry dock and ship yard were bigger

8⃣defence building turrent and Sam 5X5 , bunker 8X8( huge waste of space, never ever buy it),holding cell 8X8(also a waste compare to Sam), mine field 7X7
You say that I should never ever buy it and that they are a waste of space. What should I put in there place? All money and defense and boost and unit buildings are bought. Should I just leave the space empty?

Ramshutu
02-01-2012, 11:59 AM
I have almost all my base taken up with buildings, normally keeping them together by type, with expansions going as often as I can. I would recommend trying to keep at least one expansion free, there is nothing worse than wanting to place a new building then spending 8 hours trying to rearrange your base to free up that one last corner square by moving things around.

digitalwalker
02-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Hey digital, remember me? I appreciate for that official casualty information. if you would like to add me, we could visit each other's base decoration✋
I was being called an idiot for spend effort decorating my base with a little garden in it. LoL

3⃣12X12 building -- oil refinery, recycling plant, elite training facility and most of the boost building
4⃣11X11 building -- ore mine, war factory, air port, barrack
5⃣10X10 building -- commander center, military market, steel mill, advanced ground factory
6⃣9X9 building -- armory, communication center
7⃣8X8 building -- depot, wind farm, munition stockpile. 4X4 for the 4 least space take money building you all know.
8⃣defence building turrent and Sam 5X5 , bunker 8X8( huge waste of space, never ever buy it),holding cell 8X8(also a waste compare to Sam), mine field 7X7

lol, thanks for the output and appreciating my previous thread. And dont take others words seriously, different people have different style of playing, and glad that we are the same:)

however, this game looks like currently does not allow others see your decorations, so you wont be able to see mine. but you are more than welcome to add me:

my low level account: 750-956-638 digitalcamper
my high level account are currently controlling ally size

i can post my base picture if you wanna see, but someone need to teach me how to post picture first, as everytime i upload, the upload tool always tell me it is oversized..

LabRat
02-01-2012, 12:29 PM
If you are on and iPad, just click the home and sleep button to take a screenshot then use something like photobucket, grab the link and put it between

digitalwalker
02-01-2012, 12:41 PM
If you are on and iPad, just click the home and sleep button to take a screenshot then use something like photobucket, grab the link and put it between

thanks so much for your help:)
i am starting a new thread to share people's base

Deskjockey
02-01-2012, 12:50 PM

Incorrect--there are bigger buildings. The biggest building I've found so far is the airship hangar, which is bigger than an expansion square (I would say about 14x15 or so). I haven't built some of the pricier money buildings yet, so those may be bigger, for all I know.

Agent Orange
02-01-2012, 01:07 PM
That works for all IOS devices.

I think the problem with this advice is that it may be different depending on where you are in the game and therefore it's kind of dangerous to just dismiss the defense building summarily.

I use them though I have been using an overlapping pattern since starting the game and for the most part I think they work if your opponent is of similar power. What I don't know because we can't see our opponents fight statistics is what impact it has on their attack. I have to wonder if some of the complaining about high losses is actually the game doing what it is supposed to in terms of generating higher losses if you have defensive buildings as well as units which are strong against particular aggressors and finally the factoring of skill points.

I also try and squeeze as much as I can into as tiny a space as possible, something to consider if someone is looking at my base is that some of the buildings I have were build a while ago and we have had some changes since then to the amount of space the building requires. If you were to look at my base some buildings aren't were they are supposed to be now, like my marine shipyard which is fully on the water.

Agent Orange
02-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Incorrect--there are bigger buildings. The biggest building I've found so far is the airship hangar, which is bigger than an expansion square (I would say about 14x15 or so). I haven't built some of the pricier money buildings yet, so those may be bigger, for all I know.

Correct the airship hanger is the largest that I have build so far though I also haven't built the two most expensive money buildings yet. From what I have seen from other bases I don't think they will be bigger though.

JMC
02-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Airship hanger is biggest by far. I think its two squares longer and wider than the war factory and advanced airbase.

Nuclear Power plant is the size of the chemical plant i think and the space center is fairly small. Space center is only as big as armories and communication centers.