PDA

View Full Version : Changes To PVP

Dr BoneCrusher
01-31-2012, 05:30 PM
If Funzio Revamps The PVP Experience, Other Then Fixing The HIGH Casualty Rate, What Would Make It Better?

Thevinegru
01-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Give people more control.

Dover
01-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Give people more control.

Of what? What do you mean by this?

Thevinegru
01-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Of what? What do you mean by this?

Allow people to pick which units they bring into a battle. I'm new so don't flame me if this option is available lol.

JohnnyR
01-31-2012, 07:43 PM
There is no point in attacking anyone because:

A) Every dollar anyone has is in the vault, or spent.
B) Units are lost at a rate that makes ROI negative, or nil.

The low level players are protected by the high casualty loss mechanism, but what happens when they are now the ones stymied? The high level players protect themselves with the vault, but what happens when everyone does the same? Stalemate all around.

I suggest this:

A) Limit the power of the vault. Some sort of timer that has to be manually reset, or has a cost in some way. Or, perhaps offer a unit that can BUST a vault open.

B) Stock the "pond" of players with "dummies" that we can "fish" for.

nickname
02-01-2012, 12:47 AM
I think people below lvl 50 should be allowed to "opt in" to PvP. That is, you press a button, and for 48 hours, you can attack PvP players and they can attack you back. After the 48 hour period, you can switch back to non-PvP or you can just leave yourself in PvP. The advantage of this is that people who want to just build their base can do so and the overall casualty rates don't have to be bent in such odd ways to protect them. It would also allow new players to rebuild after a large attack / raid. The stipulation to this is that the Vault would physically be available to raiding (maybe at a higher casualty rate). That would add a neat extra dimension and keep the PvP from getting stale at the upper levels where everyone has a large Vault and there's no reward to fighting. Above level 50, you should automatically be in the PvP pool.

GodlikeNay
02-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Nickname, I think the "opt in" idea is interesting. However, I think it would end up severely limiting the raiding grounds available through all levels (although it couldn't have a worse impact than the current loss ratios are having on the game). Maybe a variation of the idea where they can opt out of PVP which means that they personally cannot be attacked so the money they are saving is safe (whether it is vaulted or not), but they can still be raided. That would still allow for there to be a lot of active raiding without the person who is getting raided losing much (defensive loss ratios would have to be taken into consideration). When someone gets raided, they don't actually lose money, they lose some of what their positive income would have been, but they never actually go backwards.

Honestly, I think that my earlier proposed idea (another thread--look it up) of a Supply Depot Worker would have a really good impact on the game. It would allow people to get cash easier and faster which would offset the pain of losing units and the annoyance of having to wait days to have enough money to build or upgrade anything. It would cause people's vaults to overflow on a regular basis which would be great for PVP and probably take some of the sting out of getting attacked/raided too since you can recover your losses so much easier anyways. I think the Supply Depot Worker would only add to the game.

Deskjockey
02-01-2012, 10:17 AM
I love the idea of a supply depot worker. You should send it in as a suggestion or post it in the suggestions and feedback forum!

Ramshutu
02-01-2012, 11:13 AM
It would be cool if the attacking was more 3 dimensional. For example, attacking an opponent has no real consequences aside from unit loss. If your attacks had a cumulative effect, it would be interesting. for example as well as your base you held territory, earning cash for what you held per day. You could use units to either defend territory or attack opponents territory, but not both. That way, over time, you could actually expand your held territory, meaning each rival attack had consequences that effected your longer term progress.

Burner_t
02-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Assigning skill points - would be nice to rearrange - or even change the selection and then "save" it. For example, when leveling you get 3 points....there are no "do-overs" if you fat finger a category and assign it to the wrong spot.

I like what Ramshutu said too regarding the land...would be cool to "win" parcels/portions of land.

Agent Orange
02-01-2012, 01:17 PM
There is no point in attacking anyone because:

A) Every dollar anyone has is in the vault, or spent.
B) Units are lost at a rate that makes ROI negative, or nil.

The low level players are protected by the high casualty loss mechanism, but what happens when they are now the ones stymied? The high level players protect themselves with the vault, but what happens when everyone does the same? Stalemate all around.

I suggest this:

A) Limit the power of the vault. Some sort of timer that has to be manually reset, or has a cost in some way. Or, perhaps offer a unit that can BUST a vault open.

B) Stock the "pond" of players with "dummies" that we can "fish" for.

Limiting the power of the vault is an incredibly BAD idea. You want to see people leave the game in droves do this.

I think the hackers have already stocked the pond so to speak.....

JohnnyR
02-01-2012, 01:42 PM
The game is modern war. If everyone wants to hole up with their cash and buildings, fine. I was led to believe there was a point other than that. Create a way to earn income/stuff beside passively waiting for a building/upgrade for a day or three would be a good start...or make raiding/attacking more rewarding. It's utterly pointless as it is now.

Perhaps tie the defense stat to how effective the vault is-that'll make it interesting. The vault keeps everyone safe, make it cost if safety is the goal.

Col.34w
02-01-2012, 07:28 PM
How about fixing the constant crashing when attacking or raiding. How hard can it be? I can't imagine a PvP battle leans on my Ipads resources to cause this REPEATEDLY to happen. Am I the only one? My in game tickets have not been responded to as of yet..

Agent Orange
02-01-2012, 07:43 PM
The game is modern war. If everyone wants to hole up with their cash and buildings, fine. I was led to believe there was a point other than that. Create a way to earn income/stuff beside passively waiting for a building/upgrade for a day or three would be a good start...or make raiding/attacking more rewarding. It's utterly pointless as it is now.

Perhaps tie the defense stat to how effective the vault is-that'll make it interesting. The vault keeps everyone safe, make it cost if safety is the goal.

I think by now it's pretty obvious that Funzio's income model is for you to BUY speed if you don't realize this then you haven't been playing long enough....

But the fatal flaw with your idea is that there are players with deep pockets who are basically unstoppable so I think you will find that opening vaults is just going to give those players more soft targets.

Maverick50727
02-01-2012, 11:48 PM
I really don’t think there is a good way to fix the game and please everyone with the model the game is built upon. Many are free players, but someone has to pay for it (gold players). The free players add value by making the game popular generating more potential players and income to Funzio. But in the same sense the extreme gold players who don’t fight fair seem to be the biggest complaint and cause people even the low end gold spenders to leave the game. I personally don’t blame the gold players with large pockets; it was not them who designed the game to work in the advantage of the select few. The cost of gold should be less IMO so more people can afford them, but that just means more units for the rich again. The only real solution is a CAP for # of gold units that can be purchased or brought into battle (this being the key).

Gold players like I say do pay for the game. They come in many flavors from those who can purchase a small amount to those who can dump $10,000’s into the game. I agree with those that say the largest gold players can’t be beat and that is 100% true as is currently stands. If your plans for the game is to be #1and you don’t have unlimited $ to throw at the game, quit now. If you are in the game for a challenge and be one of the best, yes you can still be, but you will have to ally with gold players or have the defenses or vaults to make their attacks not worth while so they move their attacks onto weaker rivals.

Current Solution Problems:
Reduction of gold prices – people who have paid won’t like it. People hate it now when they buy and then a sale runs. Any reduction would help some and maybe generate more $ to Funzio, as there are more people willing to spend $10-100 than $1,000-10,000 in the world for a simple app. Again that doesn’t fix issue and could make it worse unless other measures are put in place like a CAP.

CAP – the high end spenders aren’t going to like that. A CAP on the # of units or a max % of gold units that can brought to battle would be the best fix, but it is unfair to the gold players who purchased them if they can’t be used.

Bank Building – to convert in game cash into gold. Would be probably be a made a gold purchase, but even if it was cash purchase it still wouldn’t be an advantage to free players as it would be available to gold players alike. Same if the bank would auto generates small amounts of gold over time (1 bar a day, 2 a day if upgraded, etc) as that would benefit all equally. I like the idea of a bank to generate gold even if I couldn’t buy it until level 50 and cost 10,000,0000 cash. Especially if you could exchange cash for gold. But overall no solution.

Possible solution:
% CAP of the # of gold units that can be brought to battle or make up the Alliance Attack/Def implemented but ONLY if Funzio implements a SELL UNIT function into the game. Cash or loot units can be sold for cash (reduced price of course) to all to rebalance their armies. Gold units could also be sold back for the original price purchased. This would allow gold players to have not wasted their real $$ on gold units they can’t use. If their % of gold units is too large, they can sell weaker gold units to purchase stronger gold units to bring in. Also if they still have too many gold units for the % allowed, then they could sell them back to use for cost of gold buildings, upgrades or expansions to switch to a more economy based solution than just pure attack.

Of course if there is gold player out there that has already bought every expansion and upgrade along with such a vast invincible army, that won’t make them happy, but you can’t please everyone. IMO if you are absolutely unbeatable and have bought every purchase there is no longer a challenge to the game and there is no point in playing. Even most gold players still want the challenge as that is half the fun of the game!!!

These are just my opinions and possible solutions. Feel free to shoot holes or suggest something better. Especially the gold players as they have the most to lose and pay for the game!!!! Thank you gold players!!!

P4TR1C14N
02-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Bank Building – to convert in game cash into gold. Would be probably be a made a gold purchase, but even if it was cash purchase it still wouldn’t be an advantage to free players as it would be available to gold players alike. Same if the bank would auto generates small amounts of gold over time (1 bar a day, 2 a day if upgraded, etc) as that would benefit all equally. I like the idea of a bank to generate gold even if I couldn’t buy it until level 50 and cost 10,000,0000 cash. Especially if you could exchange cash for gold. But overall no solution.

The above one is the only possible solution. Always keep in mind that the makers have made a game to make money out of it. Reducing the income stream in any way is not an option.

There was another suggestion that can make sense... lowering the prices. These are really over the top for such game. My guts say a low price probably will increase total revenue as more players can and want/will buy gold. (even only once). But it can be also a break even operation or even a loss operation if prices are reduced too much wich leads big players not being forced anymore to buy that much gold to satisfie their 'wishes/needs'.

Capping things is no option. Too difficult, too much people are affected by it and it just is a counter on the current game setup.

Maverick50727
02-02-2012, 06:47 AM
The above one is the only possible solution. ....

Sorry P4TR1C14N I disagree on a bank as an end all solutiuon. A bank is a helping solution against others non-gold players. But in no way will it allow you to compete with high gold users because it would give them the same advantage even in the exchange rates, they earn cash too. Just via attack and not economy, unless they use gold to buy that too. They will always be above. There will never be a level playing field with the current game setup so it really isn't a game about skill in some sense. If a person can become the same level 60+ with 3X your A/D, matching icome, base size, have better boost building and defenses with playing the game less than a week when some at that level have been playing for months, yeah you can't compete. And no I'm not making things up, I've been hit by some recently and even admitted this on their wall. LOL. So those gold or non-gold players who have been playing for months with levels 100+ and A/D over 90,000 watch out. Their challenge is up coming gold users buying into the game unless the new gold players get bored real fast and decide to stop spending $$$.

Again I'm trying not to sound like a gold hater. I'm not. Notice I deffend you guys in some ways, it is the design of the game. You guys do pay for the game and can spend your money the way you want. Just pointing out the true nature of the game to those that think they can compete and win. There is only one way to compete. "If you can't beat them, ally with them". To truely make the game better and more challenging for all, a solution needs to be developed by ALL (including the gold palyers) and presented to the devs. So please let us see some gold player comments on how to make the game better that works for them too.

Maverick50727
02-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Assigning skill points - would be nice to rearrange - ....
Sorry I would havet to shoot holes in this too. It would be nice, but there definitely would have to be limits put in on how often you can make the change. Or you will just have people change their skill point to 100% attack, attack people freely, then change 100% defense. Anyone trying to do a revenge without checking first would get a rude awakening. ELOL

raboobNar
02-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Order VigRX Plus - Best Male Enhancement Pills "VigRX Plus" - really working can increase the growth of the penis up to 3-4 inches, without side effects, 100% Money Back Guarantee!!! "

vimax pills (http://www.smartboard.ie/forum/index.php?showtopic=12643)

JohnnyR
02-02-2012, 11:14 AM
I think by now it's pretty obvious that Funzio's income model is for you to BUY speed if you don't realize this then you haven't been playing long enough....

True. Maybe I'm impatient, but the game seems a bit tedious. It feels like I hit the lottery when I come out marginally ahead on attacks-marginally-I think that an improvement in that area would make for a more enjoyable experience. If they are trying to force our hands out of sheer annoyance and impatience, they're doing a bad job on guys like me who'll quit before spending. But who needs us, right? I'd spend if it didn't feel like an unfair advantage and if I admired the business model, if I felt it was worth spending on.

But the fatal flaw with your idea is that there are players with deep pockets who are basically unstoppable so I think you will find that opening vaults is just going to give those players more soft targets.

True again. It'll probably take a complete overhaul to address each complaint and issue unfortunately.... The game is awesome, and parodoxically I think that is the reason for the complaints-this thing embeds itself in us, lol. Maybe I should just get off the iPad every now and then. ;-)

Another suggestiom-create a "silver" class for our units,

-Invincibility for limited amount of units (3 units to start?)
-Special building with upgrades to grant additional unit.

I think this would tip the balance into a more fair angle between free and gold players.

Burner_t
02-02-2012, 11:57 AM
I see your point Maverick - had not considered that. I would however, still argue for a "save" or "assign" button when arranging my skill points from leveling...

Maverick50727
02-02-2012, 02:02 PM
...The game is awesome, and parodoxically I think that is the reason for the complaints-this thing embeds itself in us, lol. Maybe I should just get off the iPad every now and then. ;-)

Another suggestiom-create a "silver" class for our units,

-Invincibility for limited amount of units (3 units to start?)
-Special building with upgrades to grant additional unit.

I think this would tip the balance into a more fair angle between free and gold players.

Yes the game is a virus, don't let it get on your iphone and any device you have 24 access to, you might never sleep or eat. Too late for me :(

As for silver Class it is idea. But unfortunately anything you give to ALL players (free and gold) will never be a true advantage especially at the upper levels. Upper level players aren't dumb and are like the Borg, they adapt. A heavy gold player will just get the same upgrade/buildings, and I note normally much quicker than any free player. I have seen a few with all the boost buildings that just came out and many of them bumped up to level 5 or above. That was within the first few days, so yes that was impossible unless they spent large amount of $ to expand, purchase and upgrade the the buildings instantly. So were the boost units effective? yes and no. But most likely not in your favor. LOL.

Maverick50727
02-02-2012, 02:10 PM
I see your point Maverick - had not considered that. I would however, still argue for a "save" or "assign" button when arranging my skill points from leveling...
I agree on that. I have hit the wrong button by accident on the phone and wish my points hadn't gone there. You just have to reblance on the next level up. You can always post your ideas under the Suggestions & Feed back Forum instead of here under the General.

JMC
02-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Yes the game is a virus, don't let it get on your iphone and any device you have 24 access to, you might never sleep or eat. Too late for me :(

As for silver Class it is idea. But unfortunately anything you give to ALL players (free and gold) will never be a true advantage especially at the upper levels. Upper level players aren't dumb and are like the Borg, they adapt. A heavy gold player will just get the same upgrade/buildings, and I note normally much quicker than any free player. I have seen a few with all the boost buildings that just came out and many of them bumped up to level 5 or above. That was within the first few days, so yes that was impossible unless they spent large amount of $ to expand, purchase and upgrade the the buildings instantly. So were the boost units effective? yes and no. But most likely not in your favor. LOL.

Yeah, some of the gold buyers have level 10 of all boost buildings already. Them being at like 100K attack and defence already they all rose to 120K attack and 135K or so Defence.