PDA

View Full Version : How the game works (from a fail nub experience)

nenene
01-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Credit is for and the entire community:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15506-The-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!

Do refer to them regarding more details.

Took me awhile to learn some shizez bout the game.
now i am lv8x after just one month of playing.
Sadly, i leveled too fast and tough **** enemies are on my face all the time.
this is a NON-GOLD account. if you spend on gold, you can do much better of course

Few things i want to mention:

1. Your City

A. Early level vs high lv buildings ?
at the end, you want only the big badies buildings at your city. Why? you wish you have infinite and cheap space. Do upgrade your money building (not so much on defense, kinda worthless after awhile) but careful not to focus too much on low lv buildings. For sure, never stop upgrading, just choose wisely which ones to upgrade.

B. building income time.
True that the faster it generate money, the better. If you are a person that can go to your city every 1 - 3 hour, then short cool down is best for you. Otherwise, i personally prefer 12hours or multiple. Why? easy to time. I Collect at 9am in the morning (when i wake up) and then 9pm (when i'm home). "Oh noes, i overslept", well, just dont panic, just dont loot until the next time you see 9 o'clock. Sacrifice one time better than seeing your building robbed over and over again. Do notice, 3 hours building is also pretty convenience. Just faster paced when u have a good weekend access.

2. You, Yes, the bad ass you.

A. Stats
Refer to MickeyTwoToes stats description regarding ATK and DEF. STA vs ENERGY ? consider your own play style. Its all about timing, how often can you go on in a day.
I work, so i know i need at least 6 to 10 hours off. Do i want to rob NPC more or do i want to make people suffer more ? Money or Respect Point (RP). IF you prefer to get instant cash, do invest into alot of energy (1440 energy = 8 hours recharge) and do note, YOU WILL LEVEL UP BLOODY FAST THIS WAY, this is my way and my energy stats. IF you prefer domination, do invest into alot of sta (20 sta = 1 hour recharge). Whichever you will invest, keep in mind, if you invest too much, that would only be a waste. E.G. You invest 3000 energy, a good 16.6 hour recharge time; most unless you can be online once per day, then you will be seeing your energy never full, which mean, alot of point wasted on the energy.

B. Equips

How many equips should i have ?
First and foremost, dont spam too much on low level equips. Considering that you total mafia attack (not your attack skill point) is always constant at the time of PvP, i can consider that you can only use your best equips equal to the number of max mafia you can have in a pvp (refer to MickeyTwoToes). So 1000 of your bb-gun while you can only bring 500 mafia means that the rest of your equips will stay in your garage. Back to the question, get just enough of the best equips your mafia can have and you can afford. Your better equips will only replace your older ones at some point, do some inventory checking time to time if u can.

What equips to get or where ?
Again what are you ? PvE or PvP. Depend on how you spend your points, you source of equips might be different. PvE players, mucho energy, those towns have lots of goodies for the looting. Just refer back to the spreadsheet that people already given you. Aside from those, jobs give you nice cash, time for the shopping spree on the market. PvP players on the otherhand, you get some loot just from beating your fellow neighbors or arch-enemies. Most of them are above 10 points total or more in term of atk and def combined; those are roughly about 10,000 each or more if you get similar thing on market. Aside from that, you will most probably getting alot of RP as well. More to pvp, Rob or Attack ? Robbing grand you simply cash and small RP and Attack most of the case will grand you more toward loot and RP (depend on luck RP, cash and loot might vary in frequency and amount). One thing for sure, If i see clothing store or those big bucks building, i rather attack them. Clothing store grands you 8 to 11 RP point, pretty decent for a robbery. Ofcourse big bucks is big bucks.

Things to keep in mind:
1. Alot of guides out there, but play your own style and timing.
2. Do inventory calculation time to time to see what are you lacking (if you do lack something) or what can you improve
3. Never stop upgrading your money building
4. If your arch enemy is much stronger than you, calm your self down and dont even touch them. Within 24-48 hours, you will most likely wont see them again.
5. IF you do see your arch enemy or anyone in the neighborhood that have much higher atk/def than you do, learn from them, see what inventory they have, how many they have and where to get them.
6. Do read the other guides for more information. They spend their times writing them, see what they have to say. "See , Listen, and Think for yourself ! "

Please do correct me if I make any mistake or you disagree with any that i mentioned above.

nenene
01-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Due to my mistake with Lv rushing,
this is my current stats at the time of writing.

Lv85
Mafia #: 510
Weapon #: 1397
Armor# : 609
Mafia ATK: 7644
Mafia DEF: 9601
Income per hour: $23174

Job completed: 3761
Fight W: 1836
Fight L : 771
Rob W: 5668
Rob L: 984

Total Energy: 1440 (8 hours recharge)
Total Sta : 20 (1 hour recharge)

Not the smartest move i ever made, If the chance is 50-50 during a PvP, i take the chance and keep on hitting them. No time to be picky for me. So that explain on my bad losing reputation aside from my low stats.

The point is, learn from the nub mistake instead of experimenting yourself ;) :D

Swifty
01-31-2012, 01:34 PM
nenene, thanks for the advice.

I wish I had read that when I was first starting the game.

J.J.
01-31-2012, 01:36 PM
You're a cash player I assume?

Max Power
01-31-2012, 01:54 PM
There certainly is no shortage of guides these days.

Holicaholic
01-31-2012, 02:09 PM
If funzio would sticky some of our topics then we wouldn't get a million guides a day.

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Syn's thread is more than adequate. I reference it even for my own stuff.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-31-2012, 02:27 PM
5. IF you do see your arch enemy or anyone in the neighborhood that have much higher atk/def than you do, learn from them, see what inventory they have, how many they have and where to get them.

good advice!

about your situation, it's not too late. you can improve your stats by improving your stats while not leveling up too fast... think M4A1 farming and robbing lvl 4-7 LMs. you may even downsize your mafia to make sure the odds of winning PvPs is higher. you are still ~30 levels away from being seen by HLs, so you can turn your situation around.

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 02:39 PM
When someone beats me I always go through his inventory to figure out how he did it. There are a surprising number of methods to become strong.

nenene
02-01-2012, 10:19 AM
You're a cash player I assume?

btw i am not a cash player. If i am a cash player, i would have a better stats xd

update on stats:
lv86
mafia atk: 7950
mafia def: 9886

i level up every 2-3 days with my amount of energy

If funzio would sticky some of our topics then we wouldn't get a million guides a day.

true, just that everyone have different way of explaining. Consider this just as play share instead of guide.

Syn's thread is more than adequate. I reference it even for my own stuff.

i believe he has some of the best and most detailed guides out there. Yours too!

... think M4A1 farming and robbing lvl 4-7 LMs. you may even downsize your mafia to make sure the odds of winning PvPs is higher. you are still ~30 levels away from being seen by HLs, so you can turn your situation around.

question what is LM ? and what is the lv where you are to be seen by HL ? before i thought it was 75, i guess they updated it awhile ago.

---------------
As for now, i still upgrade my money building non stop. The extra money ? i spend on equips. With my level i focus on massing equips on the range of 10k - 20k .
Typically: in format of NAME(Amount i have/ Max amount i will keep)
Gun: tommy (85/100), Uzzi (100/100) Combat Shotgun (42/100) then i will move on sawn off shotgun
Melee: Night Stick (100/100), Meat Cleaver (100/100), then either colombian knife or serrated blade right away
Armor: Combat boots (100/100), stab vest(55/100), swat helmet(56/100), night vision bino (15/100).
Vehicle: mustang (100/100), and later on either motorcycle/hatchback/pick up truck up to 100 each.

RP and money allocation right now focus on my armors.

working on M4a1 also, rate of drop still around 5-8/ day since i just started the method in the one of the guides.
well ofcourse been farming loot from pvp also for the random equips

current city with 1mil for next area upgrade. Very tight space (with some waste on the defense building on the bottom left . Planning to remove 2 of the souvenir store to be replaced with internet company
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/3861/photofo.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/photofo.png/)

Stitch
02-01-2012, 10:39 AM
LM=landromats. good RP for XP ratio.