PDA

View Full Version : Question about a tapjoy offer

blondealex
01-31-2012, 08:29 AM
Has anyone done the Freecreditscore.com Tapjoy offer? I was wanting to check mine anyway so was thinking about doing it through tapjoy. I'm nervous about putting in personal information through a third party offering. Just curious if anyone else had done it, or if there are any drawbacks.

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 01:01 PM
You should be aware that FreeCreditScore.com, along with aliases FreeCreditReport.com, AnnualCreditReport.com, etc., has been subject to several major lawsuits and has been of interest of several government bureaus over a period of years. Source, with attribution, including an official statement from the Federal Trade Commission:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeCreditScore.com

blondealex
01-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks Tramp, that's enough for me.

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks Tramp, that's enough for me.

Something else to keep in mind that the site is owned by Experian, one of the big three FICO providers. They cannot be avoided when engaging your credit score.

Fun fact: reputable lenders will give you a copy of your credit report and score(s) upon request as they will have this on-hand while discussing your loan request, though not all lenders use all three major credit services. Most use at least two, however. Non-reputable lenders will show you a counterfeit report, usually while hamming up their "bad news" delivery. The counterfeiting is blatantly obvious upon even cursory inspection and the shyster will try preventing you from getting a good look.

Swifty
01-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Trust no one.

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Except me. I will send you 500 gold for trusting me.

Mastermind
01-31-2012, 02:53 PM
I trust you. Is the cheque in the mail yet???

blondealex
01-31-2012, 02:58 PM
I trust you too, you're my "neighbor" so just drop it by my hood. :)

Bruiser
01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Except me. I will send you 500 gold for trusting me.

Careful Tramp that may be against Forum Policies and Guidelines...

Ohaithere
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Careful Tramp that may be against Forum Policies and Guidelines...

It's against company policy to divulge that information.

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 03:16 PM
I trust you too, you're my "neighbor" so just drop it by my hood. :)

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if that was actually you. I have too many Alexes in my mafia.

Ohaithere
01-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the info, I was wondering if that was actually you. I have too many Alexes in my mafia.
My bad, if it helps you can just think of him as bad alex and me as good alex

blondealex
01-31-2012, 03:33 PM
I had started the game on another phone that fell in some water. Got a new phone (2 days before the transfer option was available) and when I reloaded it I guess the person that had the phone before had already started the game because the name was there and a deli was there, though nothing else had been done. I embraced the name as my own lol.

Ghost818
01-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Netflix 62 gold and bigfish games 52 gold Ive done along with probably over 100 app downloads. in total ive gotten over 220 gold for free bought 2 gentlemens clubs and so far 2 stamina refils and i have 17 gold left. Oh ive also done the allstate car insurance quote it was about time I saved on car insurance. :)

blondealex
01-31-2012, 04:06 PM
I thought about the netflix also, had been debating going back to netflix anyway (had cancelled a coupe years ago). Do you know if it has to be a new customer?

Ghost818
01-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Use a different credit card and you will be fine. I was once a netflix customer also but I had it linked to my paypal. this time i used my credit card and it gave me the gold so I suppose if you dont use the same credit card it will work :)

schlumpf
01-31-2012, 09:47 PM
This Tapjoy business reminds me of these old shady "affiliate" sites, giving a little money and promising a lot more for spamming and manipulating rankings. And of the times when I was young and silly and hacked into one of these "affiliate marketing" company's server and database. Expensive server and database for that time, and root pw was "monalisa". I may write that because this has been lapsed for several years ;)

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 10:27 PM
You talking about stuff like AllAdvantage or something newer like HYIP "autosurf" sites like 12dailypro?

schlumpf
02-01-2012, 04:58 AM
Similar to AllAdvantage, but it was back in 2001, one year later they went bankrupt anyway.