PDA

View Full Version : Yet another 499 thread... Sort of.

dudeman
01-31-2012, 12:34 AM
I was just browsing the rivals list and noticing how difficult it is to find someone to fight. Again. But I came to a realization that I haven't seen mentioned before.

All the 499 business is making the entire group weak! By "entire group" I mean everyone who is within the zone that 499 mobs are still very common, which I am guessing is level 100-125 roughly. For a lot of the people in that bracket, I think it's safe to assume the thug life goals and the hardcore hit man goals are being worked on as much as possible.

Ideally you can fight once and have it count towards both goals. This idea to equip a 499 mob is greatly increasing the number of fights that must be fought to achieve both goals, and as a direct result of this we are all forced to eat the extra XP from all the fighting.

Agree or disagree.

I'm never intentionally dropping under 500 again.

DougVan
01-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Never thought of that, but I definitely target higher levels +500 when HH goals come up... Opposition would probably say that if you search for just a couple of minutes, you will find another player of higher level with +500 who is weaker then a fellow forum member though

Synergy
01-31-2012, 01:34 AM
Ya make a good point, although I knocked out most of my HH and Thug life goals at the same time (as in each hit usually counted towards both.) I've caught up on my Hardcore Hitman goals now and shortly the thug life goals will end as well, and when they do I'm bashing every single 499 I see. I do it now if I ever have any problems with any or they end up in my news feed. I've got the extra stam to throw at it.

Max Power
01-31-2012, 04:19 AM
I will sometimes go through through 3 or 4 refreshes before I can find a 500+ to fight. It's getting really annoying, especially when you realize the penalty for them being 500+ is minimal.

I will never go 499 unless I am the last one.

madawgg
01-31-2012, 08:07 AM
so...dudeman what's your in-game name? never be able to find you...

BigCheese
01-31-2012, 08:29 AM
those 499 are just a real loser in real life. probably they get abused in real life too.

TRAZ
01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Being in that target group I get attacked endlessly by those that are 30-50 ranks higher. My return attacks usually fail on those higher ranked players. I have more than 500 but see the appeal of being passed up to get a reprieve for a bit.

Amber_
01-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Yeah this sucks :( I get attacked ALL THE TIME because I'm like the only one on the list with 500 mobs. Starting to get really annoying... My head says I should drop to 499 as well, but my heart says I shouldn't.

procsyzarc
01-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Maybe because I am i little higher than you but I didn't seem to have any issue completing these usally half the list is 500 mobs.

Loving it now though since it seems a lot of people are still doing these missions, now that I am finished finding a lot more good buildings to rob since people are using their stam on fights instead

Joeycool
01-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Its getting annoying now. lots of people on 499. These thug life goals are going to get harder and harder to achieve as more and more people reduce to 499.

I think that in order to take part in the thuglife goals you should have to have 500 mafia.

BBz
01-31-2012, 11:19 AM
its still smelling of roses down here at level 114..... Loads of people with 500 mafia......... and only a few that can attack and beat me.................................... Im not looking forward to the day this changes ;-(

dudeman
01-31-2012, 11:43 AM
so...dudeman what's your in-game name? never be able to find you...

"Dudeman" because of autocorrect. Going to reach Level 119 today.

I have no problem spending a few extra minutes to find a good 500 target, but my point was that finding someone your own level or higher with 500 is often impossible. If the only goals in the list were TL it probably wouldn't be AS bad, but when you have to fight someone your own level or higher for HH and you don't get to count it towards your TL goal, you have that many more fights to do that will count.

More fights required = more XP gained = faster level gain. For non-gold players who never really camped, this makes it difficult to keep the stats increasing at a competitive rate.

I still totally understand the mentality behind dropping to 499, I just think that if people thought about long term they might think differently about the actual benefits of of dropping 1 mob. The actual gains are minimal. Once the majority of players complete the TL goals, everything will likely go back to the way it was before the new goals were introduced. 499 mobs are just prolonging the current situation, and forcing a lot of XP on people.

That fact is enough for me to see that the cons outweigh the pros when it comes to having a 499 mob.

Labradorite
01-31-2012, 11:49 AM
I think those 499 are smart. They know themselves well. Why do you want to be a martyr if you have other options?

People who buy into that "499 are losers" crap will become a real loser both in game and real life. Don't buy it!

procsyzarc
01-31-2012, 11:52 AM
"Dudeman" because of autocorrect.
More fights required = more XP gained = faster level gain. For non-gold players who never really camped, this makes it difficult to keep the stats increasing at a competitive rate.

I have never understood this. I have deliberately tried to level as fast as possible(average of 1 level per day currently at 139), and never had an issue with stats even without spending any gold on attack or defence in fact haven’t even spent in game money on attack or defence (apart from 9 steel garrottes and a few cheep explosives to meet goals). All my items are farmed or brought with respect and even levelling as fast as possible still stay ahead of the curve. So really can’t see any reason to camp and why people are so worried about getting xp.

Max Power
01-31-2012, 01:42 PM
I think those 499 are smart. They know themselves well. Why do you want to be a martyr if you have other options?

And what is the penalty for staying at or above 500? You wall cycles faster? Big deal.

Swifty
01-31-2012, 01:46 PM
I am still considering dropping to 499, but it seems like it is going to be tedious deleting 1000+ mafia members.

Labradorite
01-31-2012, 02:27 PM
And what is the penalty for staying at or above 500? You wall cycles faster? Big deal.

LOL, I said 499 are smart. I didn't imply 500+ are not. I bet there should be players benefit by staying above 500. This game is about strategy. 499 or 500+? Whoever makes the move to suit their needs are smart ones.

Max, you know yourself well and you have your reasons to stay at or above 500. That means you're a smart guy. Nice to meet you here.

Bruiser
01-31-2012, 02:30 PM
I dont have anymore Thug Life goals left so i attack anyone :) except you Dudeman

dudeman
01-31-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm not asking special consideration. I would rather be attacked and see my imaginary numbers change than get robbed. If I get robbed I have to go rob it back from someone (anyone), which takes stamina away from attacking people and working on the TL goals.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-31-2012, 02:57 PM
I dont have anymore Thug Life goals left so i attack anyone :) except you Dudeman

what's the upper limit for thug life? how about hardcore hitman- lvl 200?

Bruiser
01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
what's the upper limit for thug life? how about hardcore hitman- lvl 200?

188 is the last Thug Life, i reached that a few days ago. HH i am not sure as i am only lvl 121

Joeycool
01-31-2012, 03:04 PM
I would think HH is 200... because you unlock each one when you hit the level. Eg. I just hit level 149... and got the HH round 149 when I did.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-31-2012, 04:17 PM
188 is the last Thug Life, i reached that a few days ago. HH i am not sure as i am only lvl 121

thanks buddy