PDA

View Full Version : To slow down or not to slow down?

erik
01-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Lvl 135 is one day away at this rate. The last of the new buildings opens up until 165.

443 Mafia
444 M4s
$275k/hr
18.6k attk
22.7k def
168k RP
No equipment purchases beyond those required unlocking M4s, so lots of easy stat bumps available.
My times are synched and I watch the big ones as they pop, so getting robbed is really not a big deal.

Make the run for 165? or stay below 40 and hunker down and farm DD, chokers, etc... and let my stamina waste away.

I think I have decided the next move, but curious... what would you do?

Holicaholic
01-30-2012, 10:57 PM
What are DDs.....?

I'm low levelish and not greatly experienced, but I would say that M4s are really the only thing worth farming. If I were you I would but a crap ton of Chain Whips or exceleros.

Novalak
01-30-2012, 11:53 PM
I agree - I would drop chain whips and exc

Also would farm, you need to bring those stats up i think

DougVan
01-31-2012, 01:04 AM
Lvl 135 is one day away at this rate. The last of the new buildings opens up until 165.

443 Mafia
444 M4s
$275k/hr
18.6k attk
22.7k def
168k RP
No equipment purchases beyond those required unlocking M4s, so lots of easy stat bumps available.
My times are synched and I watch the big ones as they pop, so getting robbed is really not a big deal.

Make the run for 165? or stay below 40 and hunker down and farm DD, chokers, etc... and let my stamina waste away.

I assume 186k rp means you have 186,000 respect points to spend?? If so then I would make a run for it. Bump NVB first until each one nets less then 8atk then switch to ex's... But that's personal preference, I'm very impatient.

Synergy
01-31-2012, 01:24 AM

443 Mafia
444 M4s
$275k/hr
18.6k attk
22.7k def
168k RP

Ok I have a few questions. Firstly, Why do you only have 443 mafia? That's putting you at a real significant disadvantage against anyone with stats like yours who, instead, has 499 or 500 mafia. I use a full 500, but I know there's a lot of people going 499 to not get hit as much (even tho I don't agree with it). Right now you have 57 items in each category that are going unused. That's the first thing I'd deal with.

Second, as you fight and win pvp items (and SPEND RP's [SEE number three]), a lot of these items that people are spending all of their time farming become really useless or very very ineffective and not worth the time and stam put into it. Adding enough skill points to stam helps make this a quicker process.

Thirdly, stat bumps via item purchases with your income is a great idea. Since you mentioned it, I figure you know a bit about this and might have an idea of what path to go down. If not, there's tons of good threads on it.

LASTLY, WHY THE F do you have THAT MANY respect points??? There are also tons of good threads on which path to go with this, but as I believe it's one of the most important aspects of the game to wisely spend them, there are only two paths that I would say are debatable about being the best and most effective in this area.

Once you spend those respect points, get that mafia up (If you're going to), and buy any att/def items (if you're going to), it's going to be a lot easier to tell you wether you're in good enough shape to level on up. With you're att/def as it is right now, you would get beat on pretty bad. You have a ridiculous amount of respect points though so I'm guessing when you spend those you'll be in pretty good shape. Post an update on whatever you decide to do.

Rorschach
01-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Spend those respect points, add mafia and get your attack up... i'm 30 levels lower than you but have 10k more attack and defense.

J.J.
01-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Spend those respect points, add mafia and get your attack up... i'm 30 levels lower than you but have 10k more attack and defense.

How? ////////////////////////

Ohaithere
01-31-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm 3k lower attack but 50 levels lower than you

Spending the rp will give you a massive boost, there is no point in saving them your just holding yourself bak :/

J.J.
01-31-2012, 11:35 AM
OK, all these lower level players are just too powerful lol I need to win Powerball & buy 500 tech gatling guns, 500 Quattro cars, and 500 mesh armor suits.

Ohaithere
01-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Iv not bought any gold or gold items or buildings, iv juts been reading the forums for past month and farming and piping thug life since junkyard, level 85 with 5 exceleros, need to fill ma max mafia though

procsyzarc
01-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Unless you care about your win loss ratio there is absolutely no reason to camp in crime city

J.J.
01-31-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm bored in class and calculated what the attack/defense would be on those items I named...

Attack - 265,500
Defense - 280,500

Holy cow, Payam would get squashed like an ant.

The amount of real $ you'd have to spend would probably be enough to buy Crime City Mark a 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S.

BBz
01-31-2012, 11:53 AM
168k RP could buy you 140 posh cars........................... thats + 4340 in attack

So you would have 22,840 attack.... Thats around what i have at level 114

Mabye goggles would be a better investment for a good attack boost right now.............. The way I see it im going for both............... so what ever gave me the biggest bang for buck came first..........

But if i had 168k already saved I would prob ignore my own advise and go for cars as they suck too save for....

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Respect purchases are a balance of what's needed now versus what's best long term. If you don't need any more power now then it makes sense to save it until a decision is forced, with the expectation being that equipment of longer term value will be purchased at that point.

bjornrey
01-31-2012, 12:43 PM
I would spend your RP.. I have about 1k lower attack than you and I'm lvl 94 and have not been camping one bit the last month..

it does you no good in the bank

Vile Lynn
01-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Add mafia members, IMO. Watch your stats go up after adding just one mafia member.
I'm guessing you're trying to equip each of your mafia with M4s, but you probably have a lot of other good guns to use but aren't.
You might be surprised; adding just 5 more friends can give you an extra 100+ att/def points when they pick up the equipment not being used by your less-than-max mafia.

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 01:21 PM
adding just 5 more friends can give you an extra 100+ att/def points when they pick up the equipment not being used by your less-than-max mafia.

That's my target: M4s + 5. The gain dips precipitously after that. That said, sometimes I'll add 5-10 mafia for the next day (especially Sundays when I do the rankings) and then fill them out with M4s. I'm at the 50% mafia range, so there's a wide swing in opponents. I could probably add 50 and it wouldn't make a material difference in matchups.

erik
01-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the thoughtful posts. Interesting stuff.

I do know that I better keep bumping my stats though... JJ dumped me from her mafia 2 days ago and Amber robbed me later that day :)

@ Holicaholic - DD is double decker bus

@ Synergy - Great post. I am short on mafia as I had been keeping them mostly in line w/ my M4s like Trampstamp and they just grew faster than I could keep up after switching to Natasha. I think 15 dont even show up in my attack, along w/ 19? rocket launchers. I am up to 450 now and will keep plugging away there. I get 29attk and 30 something defense per add.

I have 110 Stam and I am only farming M4s and after that only items that will not be replaced until new items are introduced. Same goes for spending RPs. (although I bought some bikes in my early days). I have held off on buying otems thus far because I am too OCD on my economy maxing out and tight collections havent warrented it yet.

RPs made me lol. I need to make a choice here within 5 levels it sounds. Great advice, appreciate it.

@procsyzarc - I am in the group that could care less about W/L.

@JJ Good luck on powerball. If you get those stats, please mafia back up. PS nice income.

@Tramp We think alike. I bought 40 exceleros the day the goals came out and I couldnt beat many 500s, but stopped there. Would love to see your hood if you dont mind, ill send you an invite now.

Anyways, thanks again, fun discussion. My leaning has been to either keep going .75 levels per day... or switch to only energy expenditures until I hit 140 (or whatever open season is) and race to 165. I think that would put me past both office buildings and 1, maybe 2 nightclubs so I wouldn't have to sacrifice economy growth to buy garrotes, shields, whatever.

Or I might stick to the whole delayed gratification thing as long as I can function. :)

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
I think I added you.

erik
01-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Sweet hood for that level, expected no less. .. and I can see it is 34 defense per new add. 451 and counting.